St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 31 32 33
By Voren 2014-08-19 07:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Even if you're issued a left-handed firearm, are you required to test with both hands?

It may be a Pennsylvania, or even local thing, but one of the officers I knew who was left-handed was required to have minimum proficiency bilaterally that was not required of right-handed officers.

No we're not, strong hand only. There may be different departmental requirements, but CLEET (Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training) only requires the basic minimums.

I've heard some departments do various testing, like shooting while laying on the ground and pointing the weapon above your head (imagine standing and holding hands above head pointing firearms and shooting, same, but laying down) because that happened to a trooper on a traffic stop.

Yankies are just strange I guess.
By Voren 2014-08-19 07:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

White people riot over different stuff.

See: Vancouver or Montreal upon losing in the playoffs. WVU and their stupid "couch burning" crap. (Yes, yes, "lol Canada/West Virginia." Get it out of your system now, but my point's valid.)

LA riots when the Lakers win.

I believe iirc there were small riots in Boston when the Red sox won the world series.

Soccer (football if you will) riots in England and South America, the list goes on.

People aren't inherently good or bad, they're inherently *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 07:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

See: Vancouver or Montreal upon losing in the playoffs. WVU and their stupid "couch burning" crap. (Yes, yes, "lol Canada/West Virginia." Get it out of your system now, but my point's valid.)

I believe iirc there were small riots in Boston when the Red sox won the world series.

Soccer (football if you will) riots in England and South America, the list goes on.

People aren't inherently good or bad, they're inherently *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Precisely.

So I mean, in that vein, at least the people in this case are rioting about an injustice, perceived or real. Not saying there's any good reason to riot. But some are worse than others.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 07:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The situation is so bad, Obama had to abruptly end his vacation and is making an announcement right now. Although the reporters have already derailed into Iraq.

I think he needs another vacation.

Also 19 pages!!!!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 08:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The situation is so bad, Obama had to abruptly end his vacation and is making an announcement right now. Although the reporters have already derailed into Iraq.

I think he needs another vacation.

I don't know about him, but I sure as hell do.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 08:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
the yahoo comments about this event are the best:

Quote:
So witnesses claim the cop got mad, backed his car to Brown, grabbed this little 6,4 300lb man by the neck (while sitting in his car, tried to pull him into his car (not sure what the end game was but it must have been magical), then Brown got free, ran, turned to look at the cops whole running, got shot, the officer got out of his car, shot him a few more times and then executed him in the street?

That sounds really fcking hard to imagine. Also witnesses claimed that the commotion happened after the shooting, you would think an officer trying to wrangle a 6'4 man into a car would have caused something, or at least had someone pull a camera phone out and record some of the incident and not just the aftermath.
Quote:
Cops come through my neighborhood grabbing people all the time. I'm gonna start rioting. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.

Get me some fresh kicks !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2014-08-19 08:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to deal with LA traffic I would riot too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 08:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to deal with LA traffic I would riot too.

No doubt.

I get enough rage going in sub-suburban Pittsburgh.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's different. That isn't rioting over a death of a person in regards to racial issues.

And besides, mobs have no color.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 08:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

San Antonio doesn't riot when the Spurs win. Neither did Dallas when the Mavericks won and Houston when the Rockets won.

People riot just because they are stupid.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 08:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are colorblind can you still be a racist ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 08:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you are white.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 08:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And on the seventh day Obama looked down upon Missouri and said "I got 36 holes of golf to play"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 08:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Oh, I forgot it's racist to notice when a black person is high on marijuana.

Its racist to assume that a black person is high on marijuana, not because they don't use it, but because they use it at almost exactly the same rate as whites do. Do you assume that a white person is high on marijuana? No? That's the racist part.

First, I have not assumed anything. Second, he HAD marijuana in his blood at the time he was shot. Third, he was shot by the cops, I would imagine people who are shot by the police are more likely to be on "drugs" than those who aren't.

Regardless, it's prejudice. The two are different and do not equate to each other. Racism has a very narrow definition, and every time it is used as some umbrella term to encompass racial issue it is used incorrectly. Prejudice is not racism, stereotypes are not racism. Driving down a street and locking your doors because you see two black guys who look like gangsters doesn't make you racist.

People rarely make distinctions on skin color ALONE, which as a process is completely not racist. But that doesn't fit the meme so we'll say they're racist anyways. It's pathetic.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 08:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

San Antonio doesn't riot when the Spurs win. Neither did Dallas when the Mavericks won and Houston when the Rockets won.

People riot just because they are stupid.

If you're rioting, you're an ***. That's all there is to it.

The right to assemble does not mean the right to overturn cars, destroy property, loot, and otherwise be a nuissance or danger to others.

Nothing tarnishes a point you're trying to make or a cause you're trying to get behind quite the way that destroying private property of those not involved does.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 08:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 08:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Peaceful protesting with a 50% chance of looting. Sounds about right.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-08-19 09:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If you could care less about most people, then why do you care if this guy was on drugs or not? What point do you want to see justified by hoping that this kid feeds into the stereotype?
I don't care about the kid or the cop or the kid's family, but since I have a sister in Missouri now, I do fear for her safety, however distant she is from St. Louis.

Now, if the report does show that the kid was on drugs and the media reports that, then maybe the looting/rioting will go away. Those are big ifs, and highly likely that even if the kid was shown to be intoxicated and aggressive towards the officer that the officer was justified in taking the kid's life, the looting/rioting will (more likely) not stop because of the people doing the looting/rioting.

Now, before you go to your stupid excuse like stereotyping, remember this: white people have been shot by black cops before, and where's the rioting/looting/notice then?

How many times? In which circumstances? Were they all unarmed? Was it because they were white like you seem to suggest it?
I posted this story a while ago and noted that people would have to dig deep to find it, as it was buried by the media.

In this case, the guy who was shot was unarmed, and the cop shot him in cold blood. The worst case scenario one can possibly have in a racial dispute, and yet, nothing.

There's this one too

This guy was found not guilty, but I bet you never heard of this story before

And do you think there's a riot everytime a white cop shoots a black man?
No, but why is there rioting period?

Why is there rioting now? Why was there rioting during the Zimmerman case? Why is there never any rioting when a white guy was shot by a black man? I mean, it is hard to prove any racism by the two above cases, but people assume so. Why is the reverse not true?

Because it is hard to sweep decades of segregation and the behaviors from the memories.
It will happen eventually. Those decades also left racial prejudice as a legacy on both sides which kinda consolidates the "us vs them" mentality.

On a side note, if the mobile is not based on the race then it is a common crime whatever the race of the victim is.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 09:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it is hard to sweep decades of segregation and the behaviors from the memories.
That would explain it if it was older people rioting, but it isn't.

It is your general thugs using this event as an excuse to riot and loot.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

but what are we gunna watch on television if they stop?

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN TV AUDIENCE!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-19 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think of the TV Audience.

Then I click off the TV and pass out reading the Huffingpost article Fonewear gave me to read, about boring women with no sex life bashing on men for having a sex life.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

but what are we gunna watch on television if they stop?

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN TV AUDIENCE!?

They'll watch the same garbage they always watch. Haven't we already covered this in this thread?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 09:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/shrug
I like watching people get teargassed... what can I say?

and I LOVE the new sparkly exploding gas cartridges... I have got to get me some of these.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-19 09:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Come this way, my good man... I have all the sparkling tear gas canisters you can get your grubby evil mitts on.

No one ever suspects a Canadian...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 09:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
No one ever suspects a Canadian...

You are all already incarcerated in your frozen walled off prison of american capitalist imperialism!

<insert diabolical laugh here>
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-19 09:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, we like it here because nature keeps our beer cold.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-19 09:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What if protests started because they didn't want to go to school
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
What if protests started because they didn't want to go to school

Then obviously tear gas the little *** and get them in there learning their ABCs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-19 09:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be surprised if they actually learned the A B C's, much less the entire alphabet.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-08-19 09:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That would explain it if it was older people rioting, but it isn't.

It is your general thugs using this event as an excuse to riot and loot.

The thing is this is not used as an excuse, but I think it is still in a corner of people's' mind. The excuse there is the death of a young black man in not fully known circumstances.

Also, why are you saying "your general thugs"?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 31 32 33