St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-18 15:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The parents could threaten to sue AP for making a spectacle out of their son's death
This wouldn't actually do anything.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
News outlets show what people want to see, and they drum up controversy and outrage to increase viewership.
Then stop demanding sensationalism. It is as simple as that.

You can have your beef with the media without wishing further pain and injury on a broken family and the memory of their dead child.
Don't you think that the parents of the dead son isn't demanding, or condoning the media attention?

You know that you have the right to refuse the media from making a fiasco out of a tragedy of the death of a family member? The parents could threaten to sue AP for making a spectacle out of their son's death, but instead, they are loving it. They are going out of their way to throw their own "pity party" while they have their 5 minutes of fame.

Or are you going to tell us all that they aren't on the front page of most news outlets today?

Classic deflection... The nature of media or a person's relationship to it has nothing to do with a sick individual HOPING dishonor on a dead teenager. I dislike the media and their tactics as much as I despise the people who willingly become the center of media sensationalism without shame.
Then why are you arguing with me? I'm not the one who was hoping for anything more than the media reporting the facts without adding their brand of marketing to the reports.

That will never happen in this country.

Besides, if you read what volkom said:

volkom said: »
I really hope they do a toxicology on the guy
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 15:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

News outlets show what people want to see, and they drum up controversy and outrage to increase viewership.
Then stop demanding sensationalism. It is as simple as that.

You can have your beef with the media without wishing further pain and injury on a broken family and the memory of their dead child.
Don't you think that the parents of the dead son isn't demanding, or condoning the media attention?

You know that you have the right to refuse the media from making a fiasco out of a tragedy of the death of a family member? The parents could threaten to sue AP for making a spectacle out of their son's death, but instead, they are loving it. They are going out of their way to throw their own "pity party" while they have their 5 minutes of fame.

Or are you going to tell us all that they aren't on the front page of most news outlets today?

Classic deflection... The nature of media or a person's relationship to it has nothing to do with a sick individual HOPING dishonor on a dead teenager. I dislike the media and their tactics as much as I despise the people who willingly become the center of media sensationalism without shame.
Then why are you arguing with me? I'm not the one who was hoping for anything more than the media reporting the facts without adding their brand of marketing to the reports.

That will never happen in this country.

Besides, if you read what volkom said:

I really hope they do a toxicology on the guy

Reread the last page, you picked an argument with me, bubba.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-18 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This was some time ago (law may differ in the US), but a police officer had told me that it was actually illegal to use the verbal or written threat police or civil intervention as a means of deterrent against another person, persons, or entity, particularly before a crime or personal injury to one's self, image, or reputation has occurred.
By volkom 2014-08-18 15:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You are a truly twisted person.
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Hoping that the kid turns out to be the stereotypical, drug-addled, indignant, black cop assaulter does actually make you kinda racist.
Well he fits 2 of the 3. If there's drugs in his system then he'll be the stereotypical example.

Anywho if you think of me being a twisted person for hoping the guy has drugs in his system leading to me wanting his family to suffer further pain from the loss of their child then fine by me. Honestly I could care less about the majority of people walking the earth.

However if for example the officer felt that his life was endangered that he needed to use his weapon to protect himself a guy that big pumped up on adrenaline and the guy did have drugs in his system. Depending what drugs he may be on, would lead to the guy basically having zombie like invincibility.
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-08-18 15:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone want to see videos of dead Ukrainian babies or dozens of Iraqi children being decapitated? Oh wait they are not violent obese junkies, never mind.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 15:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping that the kid turns out to be the stereotypical, drug-addled, indignant, black cop assaulter does actually make you kinda racist.
Well he fits 2 of the 3. If there's drugs in his system then he'll be the stereotypical example.

Anywho if you think of me being a twisted person for hoping the guy has drugs in his system leading to me wanting his family to suffer further pain from the loss of their child then fine by me. Honestly I could care less about the majority of people walking the earth.

However if for example the officer felt that his life was endangered that he needed to use his weapon to protect himself a guy that big pumped up on adrenaline and the guy did have drugs in his system. Depending what drugs he may be on, would lead to the guy basically having zombie like invincibility.

IF that's the truth, then that's the truth, it's hoping they find drugs in his system that makes you sick. Normal people don't wish shame and harm on others.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-18 15:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta protect the status quo, yo.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-18 15:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The situation is so bad, Obama had to abruptly end his vacation and is making an announcement right now. Although the reporters have already derailed into Iraq.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 15:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

IF that's the truth, then that's the truth, it's hoping they find drugs in his system that makes you sick. Normal people don't wish shame and harm on others.
Just as bad as hoping that a toxicology test is taken on the body to find said drugs too, isn't it?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-18 15:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could care less about most people, then why do you care if this guy was on drugs or not? What point do you want to see justified by hoping that this kid feeds into the stereotype?
Depending what drugs he may be on, would lead to the guy basically having zombie like invincibility.
You've been watching too much tv lol.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as bad as hoping that a toxicology test is taken on the body to find said drugs too, isn't it?

Not at all, whenever there is a dispute over a death, those tests should be standard, as well as a drug test and mental evaluation on the officer. The only case where this would be different is when a person's religious affiliation is at odds with post-mortem exams.
By volkom 2014-08-18 15:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could care less about most people, then why do you care if this guy was on drugs or not? What point do you want to see justified by hoping that this kid feeds into the stereotype?
Depending what drugs he may be on, would lead to the guy basically having zombie like invincibility.
You've been watching too much tv lol.
Quote:
FALLOUJA, Iraq — Although the ferocity of insurgents is generally attributed to religious fervor and a hatred of America, Marines who participated in the November assault on Fallouja say many of their foes also had something else to bolster their tenacity: drugs.

The Marines say they found numerous stockpiles of needles and drugs such as adrenaline and amphetamines while battling insurgents in the fiercest urban combat waged by U.S. forces since the Vietnam War.

In some homes used by insurgents, crack pipes were found, the Marines say.

Senior U.S. military officials in Iraq said that some of the drug caches discovered during the Fallouja offensive had an estimated street value of several thousand dollars.

Top military officials consider the discoveries to be evidence not just of drug use among insurgents, but also of smuggling operations that they say the Sunni Muslim rebels in Fallouja may have been using to finance the insurgency.

"They are just as likely to be indications of drug smuggling as insurgents being doped up to provide stamina or have the courage to fight and die," a senior military official in Baghdad said.

Officers in Iraq say soldiers and Marines found similar evidence of drug use among Shiite Muslim militiamen during April and August uprisings in Najaf.

The conduct of many of the insurgents during the fighting in Fallouja suggested that they had ingested drugs that enabled them to continue fighting even after being severely wounded, Marines and Navy medical corpsmen say.

"One guy described it as like watching the 'Night of the Living Dead,' " corpsman Peter Melady said. "People who should have been dead were still alive."

Marines say the information prompted them to change their strategy.

"On the second day of the fight, word came down to focus on head shots, that body shots were not good enough," said 1st Lt. Tim Strabbing, a platoon leader with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, one of the lead units in the assault to oust the insurgents. The battalion, known as the Thundering Third, suffered 23 dead and 300 wounded.

Strabbing said his platoon found five locations with stockpiles of needles and adrenaline. "My guys put five [machine gun] rounds into a guy who just stood there and took it and then took off running," he said.

Stimulants enable the body to continue functioning despite mortal wounds, forestalling, although not preventing, death, medical experts say.

Many combat veterans recall watching insurgents in Fallouja who had been shot at close range return fire and hurl grenades at Marines who stormed their strongholds.

"We actually shot four or five guys multiple times and they got up and moved across the room," said corpsman Quinton Brown, who had accompanied a front-line platoon to treat wounded Marines.

"It reminded me of the stories you hear about people on PCP who just keep going," 1st Lt. Cosmo Calvin said. "I think it's safe to say that nearly 100% were doped up on this stuff."

Second Lt. Adam Mathes said the fighting tempo of the insurgents seemed to suggest drug use: hyper-energy in the morning and early afternoon, possibly after a fix, and then less energy as the day wore on.

"When you see a house land on somebody and they're still kicking, you know something is wrong," he said
source
tl;dr can get zombie like invincibility with drugs
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-18 16:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr can get zombie like invincibility with drugs

lmfao

maybe for 15-20 mins....
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 16:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing a police chase on the TV while I was in LA on vacation quite a few years ago. The suspect's car stalled on a freeway overpass, being surrounded, he jumped from the overpass to an aqueduct below and then managed to outrun the police on foot. Even the helicopters lost him. They apprehended him the next morning at a local hospital. He had a shattered femur and 2 broken heels. He was high on PCP and managed to outrun a dozen or more officers with 2 broken legs.

Nobody is denying that those types of situations occur, but there isn't any evidence that is the case here. (yet) Looking at a minority teen and ASSUMING that he was in that kind of state without any factual basis... come on...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the kid or the cop or the kid's family, but since I have a sister in Missouri now, I do fear for her safety, however distant she is from St. Louis.

Now, if the report does show that the kid was on drugs and the media reports that, then maybe the looting/rioting will go away. Those are big ifs, and highly likely that even if the kid was shown to be intoxicated and aggressive towards the officer that the officer was justified in taking the kid's life, the looting/rioting will (more likely) not stop because of the people doing the looting/rioting.

Now, before you go to your stupid excuse like stereotyping, remember this: white people have been shot by black cops before, and where's the rioting/looting/notice then?
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-18 16:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is denying that those types of situations occur.

sure...~ i'll go back to watching reality tv and cartoons
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 16:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the kid or the cop or the kid's family, but since I have a sister in Missouri now, I do fear for her safety, however distant she is from St. Louis.

Now, if the report does show that the kid was on drugs and the media reports that, then maybe the looting/rioting will go away. Those are big ifs, and highly likely that even if the kid was shown to be intoxicated and aggressive towards the officer that the officer was justified in taking the kid's life, the looting/rioting will (more likely) not stop because of the people doing the looting/rioting.

Now, before you go to your stupid excuse like stereotyping, remember this: white people have been shot by black cops before, and where's the rioting/looting/notice then?

I have read the thread and watched a relatively small amount of news coverage of the event, I don't remember ANYONE justifying looting or rioting.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Anyone want to see videos of dead Ukrainian babies or dozens of Iraqi children being decapitated? Oh wait they are not violent obese junkies, never mind.

I think we would all rather see this happening to you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have read the thread and watched a relatively small amount of news coverage of the event, I don't remember ANYONE justifying looting or rioting.
I don't think I accused anyone of doing so.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 16:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're implying that rational people would loot and riot if the death was shown to be an abuse of power, but would not if it was deemed necessary. What other conclusion than they are justifying their actions could you reach?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-18 16:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If the kid's on drugs, that'll be front page news for days. Don't be delusional.
Because there's not a long-standing tension between the white community and law enforcement that reaches a breaking point every time a white person is assaulted or killed under ambiguous circumstances?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 16:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Yes, you did.

Mmmm. So I did. Well, mentally stable girls would nag -me-. Making my point valid.

A small backpeddle for word choice, but my point remains through and through!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Lakshmi.Deces said: »

I think we would all rather see this happening to you.
So, where's the outrage on Viciousss on his twisted viewpoints?

Oh right, he is a liberal, so it's par for the course. Carry on, nothing to see here.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-18 16:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Backpedaling in the face of new evidence, how dare you call yourself a conservative? Stay the course!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-18 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That or I am just correct. Go with that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You're implying that rational people would loot and riot if the death was shown to be an abuse of power, but would not if it was deemed necessary. What other conclusion than they are justifying their actions could you reach?
I believe I said that the looting/rioting would continue because of the people who loot and riot are who they are. This is a poor excuse to loot and riot, and get away with it because of the media's automatically accusing the cop of killing the kid out of racial issues.

This has nothing to do with what a rational person would do, but these people you see are not rational, just following the mob mentality and degeneration of society for the amusement of the media.

If people were truly rational, there would never have been an Occupy Wall Street.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-18 16:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Backpedaling in the face of new evidence, how dare you call yourself a conservative? Stay the course!

Coming from the self-proclaimed conservative. You're not doing yourself any favors.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 16:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh. "Conservative" is relative. So is "liberal".

Truth be told I'm probably more of a "dictatorship" type person.

Which is why I'm not in charge.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33