Obamacare Was Just Dealt A Major Loss In Court.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Is it just me or is your country completely broken?
Unlike you, a lot of people don't like our government telling us what we may or may not do.

edit: paged! Time for some penguins!

[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-22 13:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I (sadly? luckily?) don't have time to go into all the aspects of Social Security Disability with you folks, but I'd like to throw at least a little something in.

I can tell you that possibly the primary problem with it is the outside influence of lawyers during the appeals process. "Headaches" and "depression" can, in fact, be truly debilitating impairments...

...just not at the rate in which the hearings process allows them.

The initial system doesn't allow at a very high rate comparatively, and no, "everyone gets denied the first time" isn't true. If you got denied the first time, it's because - barring for mistakes from time to time - you don't actually meet SSA's definition of disability. If you re-apply several times and are repeatedly denied, you'd best get on finding a job because you can *** work somewhere.

The high approval rate -- and the majority of people you see "leeching" off of disability -- were allowed by Administrative Law Judges, who essentially have the power to look at the regulations, look at the claimant, throw the regulations out the window and make a subjective judgment of disability.

Additionally, please realize that Social Security's only financial issues are the government borrowing money from SSA and never paying it back. If all the pork-barreling *** in Congress would stop borrowing from it to pay for jets that don't work, overpaid and underwhelming private contracts, and all those other stupid expenditures we routinely waste taxpayer money upon, we would probably have enough to leave SSA alone AND still manage to work out a government-sponsored healthcare system way better than the ACA.

Anyone interested in further details re: Social Security feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you soon. I don't want to derail the thread too far.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Unlike you, a lot of people don't like our government telling us what we may or may not do.

You're always welcome to move into the forest and live there. :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I like my freedom to choose. That is why I choose to support people who are trying to prevent the government from telling me what to do with my life.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-22 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: paged! Time for some penguins!

Liked for the Penguins, though I don't support your jab at our friendly northern neighbors.
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I like my freedom to choose. That is why I choose to support people who are trying to prevent the government from telling me what to do with my life.

You like the freedom to be poor? To live in a country with a borked infrastructure? To live where the cops have been militarized? Not sure if HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or wishing the USA completely turned into Somalia 2.0. Here's the biggest problem with you guys that everyone else sees. Other civilized countries try to at least somehow look out for each other and are happy to do so. You guys seem to have a complex where everyone is in it for themselves and if it's not you or your family, they can go screw themselves. It's kind of weird from everyone else's point of view.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 13:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You like the freedom to be poor? To live in a country with a borked infrastructure? To live where the cops have been militarized? Not sure if HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or wishing the USA completely turned into Somalia 2.0.

Nope that's why we oppose the current administration that's oppressing us.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 13:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I see no reason to remove the employer mandated contribution, and I'd agree with the rest if you implement proper healthcare reform.
Trickle-down economics myth that I believe in

thought so, got it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-22 13:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You like the freedom to be poor? To live in a country with a borked infrastructure? To live where the cops have been militarized? Not sure if HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or wishing the USA completely turned into Somalia 2.0. Here's the biggest problem with you guys that everyone else sees. Other civilized countries try to at least somehow look out for each other and are happy to do so. You guys seem to have a complex where everyone is in it for themselves and if it's not you or your family, they can go screw themselves. It's kind of weird from everyone else's point of view.
You forgot the part where they put on an act of pretending to care for each other.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

You forgot the part where they put on an act of pretending to care for each other.

That would be the Democrats who pretend. The Republicans show that they don't give a ***with gusto! :D Kind of like the old man at the family reunion who doesn't give a fig about anyone else's opinions. The democrats on the other hand are kind of like faith healers. Pretend to care and are in it for the money.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

That would be the Democrats who pretend. The Republicans show that they don't give a ***with gusto! :D

And all the democrats are content to re-elect the lie.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 13:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

You like the freedom to be poor? To live in a country with a borked infrastructure? To live where the cops have been militarized? Not sure if HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or wishing the USA completely turned into Somalia 2.0.

Nope that's why we oppose the current administration that's oppressing us.

yeah just waiting for them to bust out the martial law.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-22 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You like the freedom to be poor?
How about the freedom to be rich? You know, freedom to work hard, create wealth not only for myself but for others, and freedom to choose what type of business I'm in.

Canada is the same way, in case you haven't grown up to realize it yet.

To live in a country with a borked infrastructure?
Explain how it is broke.

To live where the cops have been militarized?
Not sure if serious or have been watching too many movies and formulating your opinions on said movies.

Not sure if HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or wishing the USA completely turned into Somalia 2.0.
Hmmm. Comparing one of the greatest and most prosperous nations in the world to a third world country, I sense jealously there.

Point is, Canada is USA 0.95. It is close enough that all the US has to do is "annex" your country and almost nothing will change for you (except you would have to start paying for your own health insurance). Or your parents would actually.

How would you like to be part of the 51st state of the United States of America?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no reason to remove the employer mandated contribution, and I'd agree with the rest if you implement proper healthcare reform.
Trickle-down economics myth that I believe in

thought so, got it.
Trickle-down economics is working great here in Texas. How is the trickle-up economics working in your state again?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-22 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to all of the other activities performed over the past 10+ years, it shows pretty poor judgement to select this one as a cause to get undergarments into a torqued configuration.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Compared to all of the other activities performed over the past 10+ years, it shows pretty poor judgement to select this one as a cause to get undergarments into a torqued configuration.
Make that 20+ years, and I blame the internet for this one.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-22 13:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Make that 20+ years, and I blame the internet for this one.

At last all sides of an argument are agreeing on something at least.

Though, funny thing. This is the ad I'm getting on FFXIAH now.

Sort of driving home the point I made about the appeals/hearing process being the problem with disability. Money-grubbing lawyers do their part to bloat bureaucracy, and people go along with them because...why not? Lazy and free money!
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 13:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/180upload.php?id=6xvfp2106xty

From what I see here, not much difference between you guys and a third world country in several places. While they are a small part, it's still part of a whole. Then again going on the way you guys are going, that will be your whole country in a few decades.

As for militarized police. Welcome to the future of policing. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/180upload.php?id=90kektr2h640
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Sort of driving home the point I made about the appeals/hearing process being the problem with disability. Money-grubbing lawyers do their part to bloat bureaucracy, and people go along with them because...why not? Lazy and free money!
Settlements they get also includes the lawyer's fees and court costs paid by the Social Security Administration, so you are truly getting free money from the government and don't even have to do anything about it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I see here, not much difference between you guys and a third world country in several places. While they are a small part, it's still part of a whole. Then again going on the way you guys are going, that will be your whole country in a few decades.
All I really see is a small kid who doesn't understand how the world works and is "fighting the system" in his/her own small, pathetic way.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All I really see is a small kid who doesn't understand how the world works and is "fighting the system" in his/her own small, pathetic way.

You mean picking apart your cities for scrap to be shipped off to China to be used in building their country up? :D
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean picking apart your cities for scrap to be shipped off to China to be used in building their country up? :D
What in the hell are you talking about?

Why not enlighten us in your viewpoint instead of making blanket statements about the USA.

Don't worry, take your time.
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What in the hell are you talking about?

Sorry, I assumed you watched the relevant subject matter posted. Didn't realize you were quoting me by posting ***out of your *** instead.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I don't watch videos from websites known to give you computer viruses and other spamware.

So, how about giving us a synopsis of the video instead.

...you do know what synopsis means, right?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.
We all know you don't know it. You don't have to respond that you don't.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-22 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Poor people potentially losing their health insurance? It's like Christmas come early!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11