Mass Rise In Children Crossing Into The US

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mass rise in children crossing into the US
Mass rise in children crossing into the US
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If Canada wants them and the U.S. doesn't, why aren't more immigrants heading to Canada then?

Canada doesn't have the greatest climate, and a lot of that undeveloped land is practically on a glacier. Tropics to tundra is harder than it looks.
Actually, it isn't the tundra I was implying. A lot of it is undeveloped countryside land, which can be a rough climate to adapt to in and of itself, even for American farmhands that have moved north.

Incidentally, it's also what a lot of AWOL American soldiers who opposed the war went to do, to avoid being discovered and brought back on charges of desertion.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-15 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So Canada wants them but it sucks at taking them, while the U.S. doesn't want them but is really good at taking them? Man, governments are dumb.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
300k Central Americans headed our way

that's about 2x the size of the invading force in WW2's invasion of normandy.
To put it in proper perspective, legal immigration in somewhere between 500k-1500k, per year. It is somewhat difficult to determine the actual number from homeland security, due to how they differentiate between permanent vs temporary.
Or to give you a true sense of scale, it is roughly a 0.1% change in the overall population.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 15:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Right, cause a substantial portion of them aren't carrying dangerous infections diseases or anything.
Such as...?

Scabies, chicken pox, MRSA Staph infections, to start.Would be nice if we could know more but we can't cause DHS is preventing any additional investigation of the doctors and medical staff involved.

Instead they issued this:

DHS has public health controls in place to minimize any possible health risks. Throughout the RGV Sector we are conducting public health screens on all incoming detainees to screen for any symptoms of contagious diseases of possible public health concern. U.S. Border Patrol has established Medical Units at its busiest border stations (McAllen, Weslaco, and Ft Brown) handling UAC. US Coast Guard medical teams are assisting with the screening process, and providing healthcare evaluations for the sick and injured.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-15 15:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@bloodrose

can you homestead up there?

I might go someday if I can just claim some land as my own.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-15 15:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

/click

Quote:
This is… troubling.
/ctrl-w
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Right, cause a substantial portion of them aren't carrying dangerous infections diseases or anything.
Such as...?

There have been reports of tuberculosis outbreaks in the relief centers.
Yes, but that isn't necessarily the only risk.
Hell, there were warnings for measles outbreaks the past couple of times I travelled back to the US.
Friggin measles.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So Canada wants them but it sucks at taking them, while the U.S. doesn't want them but is really good at taking them? Man, governments are dumb.
My brother said something funny little while ago:

'Governments work like this: "Oh look, a group of stupid people... let's form a government!"'

Little do they realize... they ARE that group of stupid people
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-15 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, there were warnings for measles outbreaks the past couple of times I travelled back to the US.
Friggin measles.

blame jenny mccarthy
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
@bloodrose

can you homestead up there?

I might go someday if I can just claim some land as my own.
Honestly? Not sure. The housing and property market, while 20% higher and profitable than the US currently, isn't quite that open. I'd have to do more research into it, to find out what's possible.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-15 15:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

'Governments work like this: "Oh look, a group of stupid people... let's form a government!"'

But in a nation with any real form of democracy, the stupid people in government are kept in office by stupid people voting for them.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

But in a nation with any real form of democracy, the stupid people in government are kept in office by stupid people voting for them.
Or, the stupid people refusing to vote them OUT of office
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Such as...?

Scabies, chicken pox, MRSA Staph infections, to start.Would be nice if we could know more but we can't cause DHS is preventing any additional investigation of the doctors and medical staff involved.

DHS has public health controls in place to minimize any possible health risks. Throughout the RGV Sector we are conducting public health screens on all incoming detainees to screen for any symptoms of contagious diseases of possible public health concern. U.S. Border Patrol has established Medical Units at its busiest border stations (McAllen, Weslaco, and Ft Brown) handling UAC. US Coast Guard medical teams are assisting with the screening process, and providing healthcare evaluations for the sick and injured.
Of those, the resistant staph should be the only real concern; scabies is a treatable parasite, and vaccinations exist for chicken pox (let alone childhood exposure).
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-15 15:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly?

ya. I was bored the other day looking to find unclaimed land, & it turns out there isn't any, barring antarctica. but you can buy some islands at fairly reasonable prices.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly?

ya. I was bored the other day looking to find unclaimed land, & it turns out there isn't any, barring antarctica. but you can buy some islands at fairly reasonable prices.
Yeah, I saw some pretty decent sized islands that go for roughly 2.5mil-4-5mil, which end up being almost the size of a mid-size community.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-15 15:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

undeveloped, you can find one for 200-400K.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, but those are dinky islands.

And I want one already semi-developed, because I am far from being a homebuilder, or master craftsman.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 15:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Such as...?

Of those, the resistant staph should be the only real concern; scabies is a treatable parasite, and vaccinations exist for chicken pox (let alone childhood exposure).

That's ridiculous! you'd advocate for letting people immigrate here who are infected with dangerous diseases?

It isn't uncommon that chicken pox is FATAL in adults.

Gonorrhea is "treatable" too, but that doesn't mean I don't wear a prophylactic.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

undeveloped, you can find one for 200-400K.

Why do you need to buy them? Just go claim em!
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Such as...?

That's ridiculous! you'd advocate for letting people immigrate here who are infected with dangerous diseases?

It isn't uncommon that chicken pox is FATAL in adults.

Gonorrhea is "treatable" too, but that doesn't mean I don't wear a prophylactic.
Yes, chicken pox can be fatal in adults, which is why a good proportion of people are exposed to it as a child.
You can also be vaccinated against it as well.
Not getting vaccinated for these diseases is stupid, unless you are allergic/have other immune issues.

Seriously, this is a conversation one normally has with kindergardeners/elementary school students.

Don't lump things like MRSA with chickenpox or scabies. They have nowhere near the same severity.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 15:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So when I travel abroad and they quarantine me cause I have chickenpox, I should just tell them that Milamber sez its NBD.

On another note, how can people laugh at the "vaccinations are evil" lunatics on one hand but say NBD to vaccinated illegal immigrants flooding the schools?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So when I travel abroad and they quarantine me cause I have chickenpox, I should just tell them that Milamber sez its NBD.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 15:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, how can people laugh at the "vaccinations are evil" lunatics on one hand but say NBD to vaccinated illegal immigrants flooding the schools?
They probably engage this organ:

Before this:
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-15 16:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the final solution to this immigration problem here?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-15 16:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
American culture is raping and pillaging for a buck. No more no less.
Only guy who really gets America's true identity. But you forgot the part about how the U.S. does it with good intentions, because they know better than the rest of the world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-07-15 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The comments at the end of this article ...they are just lovely.
A sampler.
Quote:
Quote:
DEMOCRAT PEDOPHILES WILL RUSH TO ARIZONA TO BEFRIEND ALL THOSE LITTLE ILLEGAL MEXICAN BOYS GIVING THEM LITTLE BOYS STDs and HIV

All those cute little Mexican boys at detention centers will be receiving all the love that a Democrat pedophile can give them. The LOVE DECEASE they get will cause problems when they are united with their families after Amnesty.
Quote:
Americans who are Americans should beat the daylights out of every Democrat voter they know for what they did to our Country with this Muslim in Chief!
Quote:
Diversity in ALL and ONLY white countries?
Diversity means chasing down Every Last White Person
"Diversity" is a code word for White Genocide

Quote:
Asia for the Asians
Africa for the Africans
White Countries for Everyone
Diversity is a codeword for White Genocide
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-15 16:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't read the comments section of any news site, your brain will turn to cottage cheese from the dumbfucks armed with a keyboard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-15 16:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Don't read the comments section of any news site, your brain will turn to cottage cheese from the dumbfucks armed with a keyboard.
The comments are the most entertaining part, up until a point that is.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-15 16:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Certain people here look like they copy/paste their arguments from them at times.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-15 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sums up the mentality of the people who post in comments sections on news sites.

Ill Eagles ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10