Mass Rise In Children Crossing Into The US

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mass rise in children crossing into the US
Mass rise in children crossing into the US
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 09:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Why do they put one up at the white house then?

The fact that you're trying to equate the white house security fence with a border fence is baffling. While yes they are both meant to keep people out, they are both breachable (technically) the one would be much easier than the other.

This is one of the border "walls"

YouTube Video Placeholder

what was that about fiscal conservation?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 10:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

andddd

white house fence:

Do I need to explain the size/cost difference to you?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 10:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The White House picture has the solution. The Gubbmint should contract scientists to genetically engineer packs of wild dogs with a taste for Meheecan flesh to patrol the border. Bonus points for outfitting them in those adorable doggy Kevlar vests.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 10:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So we are capable of keeping people out of places we don't want them?

Thanks for validating that Jet, I knew it was true.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-22 10:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really... people find their way in to all kinds of places all the time that they are not supposed to.

We've had at least 5 incidents here in the last decade where someone has broken in to a power plant over double layered barbed wire fences in an attempt to steal copper wiring that led to the death of the theif who ignored all the warning signs and found a way over. Not only did they get in and then die by their own stupidity their families sued the company and each time was awarded millions.

I mean with the number of homes and businesses broken into all the time you think you'd at least feel a bit foolish for trying to equate border security to this...

In any case it all comes down to money... It would take a whole mountain of it to do what you want to and I'm sure people would still find a way around...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 10:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Not really... people find their way in to all kinds of places all the time that they are not supposed to.

We've had at least 5 incidents here in the last decade where someone has broken in to a power plant over double layered barbed wire fences in an attempt to steal copper wiring that led to the death of the theif who ignored all the warning signs and found a way over. Not only did they get in and then die by their own stupidity their families sued the company and each time was awarded millions.

I mean with the number of homes and businesses broken into all the time you think you'd at least feel a bit foolish for trying to equate border security to this...

In any case it all comes down to money... It would take a whole mountain of it to do what you want to and I'm sure people would still find a way around...

Riiiight, we can't reduce hundreds of thousands of people to zero so why bother trying at all.

you're ridiculous
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 11:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Capable, but the ends sure as ***don't justify the means, nor is it 100%

If you want to employ thousands of people to patrol the borders para-military style, then you fund it, while I'd prefer to address actual issues, instead of the symptoms.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-22 11:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the purpose of the military to defend the country. They should do so by enforcing our borders. I've already paid for it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-22 11:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Riiiight, we can't reduce hundreds of thousands of people to zero so why bother trying at all.

you're ridiculous
We do try... and we fail consistently... Besides that when did I ever say anything about not bothering to try anything at all?

No one said to give up on border security but your non existant connection between border patrol and there being a fence around the whitehouse is the only ridiculous thing on this page lol...

Basically Nausi you're replying along party lines to something you have no actual knowledge on why you're even mad about it in the first place. Grasping at straws so thin they don't even exist but in your own little mind.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-22 12:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the purpose of the military to defend the country. They should do so by enforcing our borders. I've already paid for it.
Oh you... you do make me laugh quite a bit... thank you for that.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Delusional as always, thanks.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-22 12:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

rick perry agrees with you.

mmmm-hmmm
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 12:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd agree with sending the National Guard, to an extent, but not the actual military, but hey.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Well I'd agree with sending the National Guard, to an extent, but not the actual military, but hey.
Better the National Guard than the Texas Militia.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 12:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

By using the national guard instead of militia they can try to get reimbursed by the federal government.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-22 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, you're an arrogant little ***.

tell that to all the national gaurdsmen who were KIA, or the 6,000 or so gaurdsmen WIA fighting the last two unpopular, undermanned wars.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

tell that to all the national gaurdsmen who were KIA, or the 6,000 or so gaurdsmen WIA fighting the last two unpopular, undermanned wars.

You're kind of stupid aren't you?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »

By using the national guard instead of militia they can try to get reimbursed by the federal government.
Wasn't thinking about that.

I was thinking about trained professionals who not only knew when to act and when to control vs a bunch of untrained people who are out to make examples of immigrants.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-22 12:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, they're not actual military, I'm just stupid, sure.

wow.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 12:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if serious or not....

edit: nvm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 12:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, we haven't done our usual:

Nine Pages!!!!!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 12:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nine Pages!!!!!

You know what that means!

Discuss.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 12:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Nine Pages!!!!!

Discuss.
It's more fun when people discuss that cow farts are the cause of global warming and in order to reverse the effects of it, we all must kill all the cows in the world and become vegans.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, they're not actual military, I'm just stupid, sure.

wow.
You missed the entire point of the statement to go on your little tirade, get the *** over it.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Nine Pages!!!!!

Discuss.
It's more fun when people discuss that cow farts are the cause of global warming and in order to reverse the effects of it, we all must kill all the cows in the world and become vegans.
If it's between not eating beef and dying from global warming, I'll take death sir.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 12:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about trained professionals who not only knew when to act and when to control vs a bunch of untrained people who are out to make examples of immigrants.

If the President calls the national guard the federal government has to pay for it. If a state governor calls the national guard the state has to pay but can seek reimbursement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If the President calls the national guard the federal government has to pay for it. If a state governor calls the national guard the state has to pay but can seek reimbursement.
Again, I wasn't thinking about the monitary situation.

Texas can afford to pay for the National Guard to defend the border. We have had a surplus of tax funds for many years now and have nearly $19 billion in unrestricted "governmental equity" because of it.

We can afford to support our own National Guard for years without the help of the federal government. In most cases, we aren't even reimbursed for maintaining/training the National Guard (see link above for proof).
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 13:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas can afford to pay for the National Guard to defend the border. We have had a surplus of tax funds for many years now and have nearly $19 billion in unrestricted "governmental equity" because of it.

We can afford to support our own National Guard for years without the help of the federal government. In most cases, we aren't even reimbursed for maintaining/training the National Guard (see link above for proof).

Just cause they have the extra money it does not mean they want to pay for it. If not why were they not sent out months ago?
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cause they have the extra money it does not mean they want to pay for it. If not why were they not sent out months ago?

It all comes down to money and the political game.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter to be honest. The reason why we haven't sent out the National Guard to the border is because us Texas citizens do not want them to go there.

*Gasp*A governmental body who actually listens to the citizens they represent? What a strange and foreign concept!

No wonder Texans have a much higher respect for the Texas government than the federal government...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10