Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 16:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Buuut thanks for proving stating that some pay less than 28%
Do you even understand anything about capital gains?
yes, do you?
I know it perfectly well.

Why do we have a special rate for capital gains? There is a specific reason for this, do you know it?

Yup, greed.
You absolutely have no clue. Well, that's par for the course for you.

Capital Gains Rates were placed by Congress to encourage investing in companies by people who are using post taxed dollars earned to help create additional income for themselves.

In other words, this is to prevent a full double taxation of money already taxed previously. This was also to help encourage investments in companies, by creating a preferred rate for passive income earned.

I'm sure that none of this was understood by you, but that is the actual answer.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 16:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Amongst other things Utah is famous for, it should be noted that Utah was not accepted as a state for almost 50 years until it forced the ban of polygamy by way of restricting the rights of those who practiced it.

Polygamy to Utah is like pot to stoners.
There's really no strong argument against it other than maybe administrative difficulties. I feel that once this and same-sex marriage are ultimately resolved the next crusade is obviously gay polygamous marriages. That should get some heads exploding.
Only if they have a reality TV show called "My lesbian wives."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 16:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Holy deflection Batman!
Congress is the ones who set the tax rates and who gets what rates. How is that deflection again?
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 16:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Buuut thanks for proving stating that some pay less than 28%
Do you even understand anything about capital gains?
yes, do you?
I know it perfectly well.

Why do we have a special rate for capital gains? There is a specific reason for this, do you know it?

Yup, greed.
You absolutely have no clue. Well, that's par for the course for you.

Capital Gains Rates were placed by Congress to encourage investing in companies by people who are using post taxed dollars earned to help create additional income for themselves.

In other words, this is to prevent a full double taxation of money already taxed previously. This was also to help encourage investments in companies, by creating a preferred rate for passive income earned.

I'm sure that none of this was understood by you, but that is the actual answer.
Again: greed.

edit: I already knew what your "reasoning" was and it's typical "trickle down" ***.

the answer is greed, nothing more.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 16:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Brace yourself:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 16:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So investing is bad and you should feel bad for doing it?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 16:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy deflection Batman!
Congress is the ones who set the tax rates and who gets what rates. How is that deflection again?

Because I was talking to you, not to Congress. I personally think you deflected because you're afraid to answer and bring out the transparency in your self interest.

IE: Favorable Tax Policies for Kingnobody, *** everyone else.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-28 16:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Amongst other things Utah is famous for, it should be noted that Utah was not accepted as a state for almost 50 years until it forced the ban of polygamy by way of restricting the rights of those who practiced it.

Polygamy to Utah is like pot to stoners.
There's really no strong argument against it other than maybe administrative difficulties. I feel that once this and same-sex marriage are ultimately resolved the next crusade is obviously gay polygamous marriages. That should get some heads exploding.

Polygamy was less complicated before gay marriage became a thing, because it typically was all tied to one person (the man). With gay or bi polygamy, it just gets complicated. Would it be a communal marriage where everyone has to agree to bring in a new spouse, or could all of them be married to a number of different people? Heads might be exploding just to get people to accept the idea of gay polygamist marriage, but they'll be exploding even more just trying to figure out how to legislate it to make it work.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 16:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of aliens, they've just been spotted in Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Wilkerson grabbed her cell phone to record the mysterious object and also called her neighbor over to verify what she was seeing.

“He went and got his binoculars because he first thought it was a planet,” Wilkerson said. “Then he said, ‘No, it changed yellow. That is not a planet.’”

Wilkerson also called 911 but when an officer arrived at her home, even he could not explain the mysterious objects in the sky.

“He went there and apparently he saw them too so he called his sergeant and his corporal to come and verify what he was seeing,” said Lower Paxton Township Police Lt. Gary Seefeldt.

Authorities contacted both the local airport and the National Guard training center, but neither had records of any flight activity that night.

Wilkerson says she saw the mysterious lights again Wednesdy night and a neighbor reports seeing the UFO last week as well, she said.

“For me to see that, I am now a believer in UFOs,” Wilkerson said.
Video of Possible UFO Recorded by Pennsylvania Woman
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-28 16:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It cant be more complex than the tax code!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It cant be more complex than the tax code!
Sounds like a challenge.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 16:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy deflection Batman!

Because I was talking to you, not to Congress. I personally think you deflected because you're afraid to answer and bring out the transparency in your self interest.

Mainly because you are referring to issues addressed by individual states (i.e. the tax treatment of gay couples) instead of the IRC.

You want to abolish the differing rates in favor for those who cannot gain legal status of marriage in states that do not recognize it, and that is an issue that I do not want to be a part of. I don't care if gay couples get MFJ status or not, it is not my concern.

I do not wish to be part of the gay vs. straight discussion often heard here. That isn't deflection, but avoidance.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know therefore ancient Roman tax code.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 16:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of aliens, they've just been spotted in Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Wilkerson grabbed her cell phone to record the mysterious object and also called her neighbor over to verify what she was seeing.

“He went and got his binoculars because he first thought it was a planet,” Wilkerson said. “Then he said, ‘No, it changed yellow. That is not a planet.’”

Wilkerson also called 911 but when an officer arrived at her home, even he could not explain the mysterious objects in the sky.

“He went there and apparently he saw them too so he called his sergeant and his corporal to come and verify what he was seeing,” said Lower Paxton Township Police Lt. Gary Seefeldt.

Authorities contacted both the local airport and the National Guard training center, but neither had records of any flight activity that night.

Wilkerson says she saw the mysterious lights again Wednesdy night and a neighbor reports seeing the UFO last week as well, she said.

“For me to see that, I am now a believer in UFOs,” Wilkerson said.
Video of Possible UFO Recorded by Pennsylvania Woman

I just left the bar and suddenly bright lights appeared...next thing you know I was on a cold table with a probe in me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 16:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay marriages are just a scam to get lower tax rates.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-28 16:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Polygamy was less complicated before gay marriage became a thing, because it typically was all tied to one person (the man). With gay or bi polygamy, it just gets complicated. Would it be a communal marriage where everyone has to agree to bring in a new spouse, or could all of them be married to a number of different people? Heads might be exploding just to get people to accept the idea of gay polygamist marriage, but they'll be exploding even more just trying to figure out how to legislate it to make it work.
Gay polygamous marriage would be defined as marriage between one daddy and his twinks. Book it, done.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 17:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call it a scam tbh.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy deflection Batman!

Mainly because you are referring to issues addressed by individual states (i.e. the tax treatment of gay couples) instead of the IRC.

You want to abolish the differing rates in favor for those who cannot gain legal status of marriage in states that do not recognize it, and that is an issue that I do not want to be a part of. I don't care if gay couples get MFJ status or not, it is not my concern.

I do not wish to be part of the gay vs. straight discussion often heard here. That isn't deflection, but avoidance.

What the actual ***? MFJ has nothing to do with being gay. The fact that gays are discriminated against is just the icing on the cake.

The issue is entirely MFJ preferential treatment. You know, I just handwaved Jeta's Neocon slurs against you as lulz for lulz, but seeing you zone in on "Gay" and avoid the real issue maybe lends a little credence to that.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 17:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is such a thing even possible...I say yes it is !
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 17:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Backread a few pages. All I learned was that not being a productive member of society means you deserve to die from either exposure, starvation or illness. And I suppose your kids/family as well.

Y'know, the things that the bare necessities are required for to survive.

That's pretty ***' harsh.
Who said that?
The person who said people should have to work just to meet the requirements for a livable wage.
Wait, if people don't work, then how can they earn a wage in the first place?
The *** should they have to work to be allowed to live?

I think there's some confusion about "livable". I'm talking housing, food, clothing, water and some form of communication. I guess electricity by default? Cause cooking is a thing.

You might be including things like transportation because as things are, transportation is basically a necessity. Some people have to take jobs over an hour away from their home to support their family. Such as my uncle who lives about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from his job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 17:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call it a scam tbh.
I'm sure some single people with children who are on welfare would find a way. Then once that health insurance kicks in they can foot the bill of a sex change to the government. Problem solved, except for the working people. Eventually you have to abolish the labor force altogether and have everyone living off government handouts.

Thus bringing the rise of the machines.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Backread a few pages. All I learned was that not being a productive member of society means you deserve to die from either exposure, starvation or illness. And I suppose your kids/family as well.

Who said that?
The person who said people should have to work just to meet the requirements for a livable wage.

I think there's some confusion about "livable". I'm talking housing, food, clothing, water and some form of communication. I guess electricity by default? Cause cooking is a thing.

You might be including things like transportation because as things are, transportation is basically a necessity. Some people have to take jobs over an hour away from their home to support their family. Such as my uncle who lives about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from his job.
And thus the jump to communism. Problem solved.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 17:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I think maybe living for free is a bit of a stretch. I'm no fan of the institution of work in America, it is very Jeremiah Fink when you get right down to it. But just handing out Shelter, Clothing and "Luxury" services like Electricity and I assume Telecommunication services? ehh...

I could at least make a case for food (California has EBT program, so it's virtually impossible to starve in this state, at least until the economy folds over [again]) and clean water is pretty much everywhere. You can exist in California with no income at all. You'll be living under I15 but you can survive.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 17:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

And thus the jump to communism. Problem solved.
Except that doesn't work, as Russia showed us.

But forcing people to work themselves to death so they/their family can barely scrape by, HOPING something else doesn't hit the fan so that they have to sacrifice one necessity for another shouldn't be a thing in the developed parts of the world.

And these are the people doing those essential jobs as well.

"Hey, do this super important job to maintain our society as we know it! But we're only going to pay you in pennies. Enjoy living miserably!"
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-28 17:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not surprised 2 of the resident neocons think I'm a liberal though, "us vs them" mentality, etc.
misuse of the word neocon is also what makes you a liberal.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-28 17:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I think maybe living for free is a bit of a stretch. I'm no fan of the institution of work in America, it is very Jeremiah Fink when you get right down to it. But just handing out Shelter, Clothing and "Luxury" services like Electricity and I assume Telecommunication services? ehh...

I could at least make a case for food (California has EBT program, so it's virtually impossible to starve in this state, at least until the economy folds over [again]) and clean water is pretty much everywhere. You can exist in California with no income at all. You'll be living under I15 but you can survive.

If you give people housing, food, clothing, water, electricity, and cell phones all for free, I can't even imagine how many people will have suddenly lost any incentive to work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-28 17:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People did this thing long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

that we now refer to as "Camping" and "hunting and gathering" as a means to survive, without electricity, refrigeration, shopping, and referring to luxuries as necessities.

Additionally, if one can't find the motivation, or inspiration to find or create some kind of work, service, or creation of a product or service, when facing the loss or eviction of their place of residence...

Well, let's break out the camping gear.

Just remember that you never want to wipe your *** with a pinecone.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 17:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you give people housing, food, clothing, water, electricity, and cell phones all for free, I can't even imagine how many people will have suddenly lost any incentive to work.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I drew the line at food, if that wasn't clear. The EBT system in California is a bit generous because it operates under the assumption that the funding is just cycled back into the economy. Most people just black-market the value on their cards for crack though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 17:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"We don't have a strategy yet." - President Barack Obama.

Source
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone in this thread forgets how boring it was as a kid to be stuck at home with 'nothing' to do.

Quite a few people who go on vacation tend to look forward to going back to work because they get bored of doing nothing.

Quite a few people who retire end up picking up a job due to boredom.

And anyone with any sort of hobby that involves purchasing stuff will have a reason to work. Gaming, collecting, TV, movies, unfiltered internet are all reasons people would work.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 1375 1376 1377