Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2014-08-28 09:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading ? On a Thursday surely you jest !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-28 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not all that different functionality than tobacco research that had no conclusive results for 50 years.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-28 09:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

let's leave cigarettes out of this. *** yuppies already have me paying 20$ a pack for no reason.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 09:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I don't read:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 09:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
let's leave cigarettes out of this. *** yuppies already have me paying 20$ a pack for no reason.

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 09:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to concede the point that while the economy is in a nosedive, it represents a more immediate threat than a warmer summer or a few extra hurricanes/typhoons per year.

Siren.Mosin said: »

Mission Accomplished!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 09:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Destiny needs to come the *** out already so the bulk of my entertainment doesn't come from Global Warming.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-28 09:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Destiny needs to come the *** out already so the bulk of my entertainment doesn't come from Global Warming.

I might have to try that one out too. Been bored out of my *** with minecraft & leauge of legends.

feel free to add me if you want, "Saphrim". put your name on here in the request if you do though.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-28 09:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Yeah, I'm really bored with the whole Climate Change debate. Everyone with a brain knows it's happening and is impacted in a not-insignificant way by human activity. And everyone with a financial stake in it not being true funnels money and propaganda to the opposition.

Keep on believing that the skeptic's side is way more funded than the alarmist's side. Don't you realize that there is an entire public industry that would not exist if the thesis was (as it IS) irrelevant.

Global warming is a publicly funded religious cult.

The Skeptic's side is much more narrowly funded, vast sums of money funneled in by a handful of interests.

Again, this is not new tactics, this has happened before and it's always invariably the special groups funding a disproportionate amount of money into their "Skepticism" that turns out to be the side proven wrong in the end.

Read a history book brah. Snakes and Saints on both sides, but the evidence is stacked against your camp like the corpses of a million babies killed by lead poisoning in the 1970's.
You're all wet Zic.

To whatever extent it's happening, our species component of it is minimal and the individual component of the whole is simply put, insignificant. All the legislation, all the global compacts proposed self admittedly aren't going to fix the problem. At best legislation only predicts a minimal effect on the whole proposed process which may or may not even occur because the overall species effect is so small that it will be un-quantifiable 50 years down the road. There will be no way to tell if it worked. If it gets hotter how will we even know it would have gotten even hotter if we didn't do it? The whole idea must be taken on a degree of faith, because our scientific understanding is that of a toddler trying to figure out calculus at best.

We can only postulate theories like "moar co2 = moar hot", which for the last 50 years have been so consistently wrong that it's downright embarrassing. But who cares, alarmists have so much faith in the dogma they just gotta have their way and they must wreck any notion of economic freedom and free energy for the rest of the world (and ourselves) to make themselves feel better.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 09:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm really bored with the whole Climate Change debate. Everyone with a brain knows it's happening and is impacted in a not-insignificant way by human activity. And everyone with a financial stake in it not being true funnels money and propaganda to the opposition.

Keep on believing that the skeptic's side is way more funded than the alarmist's side. Don't you realize that there is an entire public industry that would not exist if the thesis was (as it IS) irrelevant.

The Skeptic's side is much more narrowly funded, vast sums of money funneled in by a handful of interests.

Again, this is not new tactics, this has happened before and it's always invariably the special groups funding a disproportionate amount of money into their "Skepticism" that turns out to be the side proven wrong in the end.

Read a history book brah. Snakes and Saints on both sides, but the evidence is stacked against your camp like the corpses of a million babies killed by lead poisoning in the 1970's.
You're all wet Zic.

To whatever extent it's happening, our species component of it is minimal and the individual component of the whole is simply put, insignificant. All the legislation all, the global compacts proposed self admittedly aren't going to fix the problem. At best legislation only predicts a minimal effect on the whole proposed process which may or may not even occur because the overall species effect is so small that it will be un-quantifiable 50 years down the road. There will be no way to tell if it worked. If it gets hotter how will we even know it would have gotten even hotter if we didn't do it? The whole idea must be taken on a degree of faith, because our scientific understanding is that of a toddler trying to figure out calculus at best.

We can only postulate theories like "moar co2 = moar hot", which for the last 50 years have been so consistently wrong that it's downright embarrassing. But who cares, alarmists have so much faith in the dogma they just gotta have their way and they must wreck any notion of economic freedom and free energy for the rest of the world (and ourselves) to make themselves feel better.
They don't have a religion to put their zealous beliefs in, so they need a method of releasing the insanity somehow. It's just that right now, it is "climate science"
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so open minded that if you don't believe in global warming you are wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-28 10:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

global warming will destroy florida and turn ohio into a paradise!!

AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!!

/cranks up the global warming machine to eleven
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Futurama already solved this problem. Drop a giant ice cube in the ocean.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 10:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Futurama already solved this problem. Drop a giant ice cube in the ocean.
And when that doesn't work, have all robots ignite their exhaust and move the earth further away from the sun.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-28 10:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You're all wet Zic.

To whatever extent it's happening, our species component of it is minimal and the individual component of the whole is simply put, insignificant. All the legislation all, the global compacts proposed self admittedly aren't going to fix the problem. At best legislation only predicts a minimal effect on the whole proposed process which may or may not even occur because the overall species effect is so small that it will be un-quantifiable 50 years down the road. There will be no way to tell if it worked. If it gets hotter how will we even know it would have gotten even hotter if we didn't do it? The whole idea must be taken on a degree of faith, because our scientific understanding is that of a toddler trying to figure out calculus at best.

They don't have a religion to put their zealous beliefs in, so they need a method of releasing the insanity somehow. It's just that right now, it is "climate science"
They call themselves atheists but they're full of it. They're nothing more than misanthropes in the cult of global warming fascism.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet before Michael Brown was shot the last thing he was thinking was. "I'm going to die not knowing if global warming is real or not"
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 10:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all wet Zic.

To whatever extent it's happening, our species component of it is minimal and the individual component of the whole is simply put, insignificant. All the legislation, all the global compacts proposed self admittedly aren't going to fix the problem. At best legislation only predicts a minimal effect on the whole proposed process which may or may not even occur because the overall species effect is so small that it will be un-quantifiable 50 years down the road. There will be no way to tell if it worked. If it gets hotter how will we even know it would have gotten even hotter if we didn't do it? The whole idea must be taken on a degree of faith, because our scientific understanding is that of a toddler trying to figure out calculus at best.

gr8 b8 m8. Especially like the emphasis on words like "Faith." It's always a tried and untrue tactic of the "Reasonable" conservative. Except in the fact that it's ridiculous to believe that an individual human being has the mental bandwidth to know and understand everything about everything. We take it on faith because Science Delivers results without fail, where religion does not.

However, the real fact is that you have no idea what you're talking about, and if the scientific community is a toddler, you are the twinkle in your daddy's eye one errant Fashion-By-Sears catalog from becoming a crusty stain on the bathroom rug.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing Atheist: Most annoying guy on Youtube.

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind if you are an Atheist but please don't make dumb videos about it every day.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Never watched anything by him, the thumbnails always make him look like a humorless tosspot. I prefer InternetAristocrat and Thunderfoot myself.

IA especially has a good series annihilating all the Tumblr Libtard stuff. It's nice to see people take pride in not being a professional victim for once in this generation.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have watched thunderfoot he is a reasonable Atheist. This amazing guy is just a jerk ***.

I much rather talk about the tumbler feminists than Atheism or global warming.

Amazing guy does have a few good videos about feminism also.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you'd like Internet Aristocrat then. The "Five Guys, Burger and Fries" saga has kind of launched him into the more popular eye. I was subscribed before that. /blackframefalselensesstupidhat.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This video is pretty good NSFW language:

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 10:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's something by IA. He's got an AM radio Low-Fi production quality I find kind of endearing. Almost like a Rush Limbaugh, but with sources.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-28 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all wet Zic.

gr8 b8 m8. Especially like the emphasis on words like "Faith." It's always a tried and untrue tactic of the "Reasonable" conservative. Except in the fact that it's ridiculous to believe that an individual human being has the mental bandwidth to know and understand everything about everything. We take it on faith because Science Delivers results without fail, where religion does not.

However, the real fact is that you have no idea what you're talking about, and if the scientific community is a toddler, you are the twinkle in your daddy's eye one errant Fashion-By-Sears catalog from becoming a crusty stain on the bathroom rug.
Right Keep on believing that science is the only region of human exchange that's somehow immune to political skew and is entirely infallible.

Is it still bad to eat salt?
Is it still bad to eat foods rich in fats?
Is it still good to exercise everyday?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 10:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all wet Zic.

Right Keep on believing that science is the only region of human exchange that's somehow immune to political skew and is entirely infallible.

Is it still bad to eat salt?
Is it still bad to eat foods rich in fats?
Is it still good to exercise everyday?
Is it still bad to go outside?
Is it still bad to eat less than 4 meals a day (since it used to be breakfast, lunch, and supper only, now people are "recommended" to eat 6-8 times a day....)?
etc.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 10:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get my science from Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil like you guys so I have no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dr. Phil told me I"m a woman trapped in a black man's body.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Or was it a black man with a fetish for white women. I don't remember.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 1375 1376 1377