Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 01:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Altimaomega said: »
It's irrelevant what people call it, it's still not a gas tax, and I still know what I'm talking about.

I could call a rose a lily, but it's still a rose.

w/e dude you full of it, you and everyone else knows it.
Right back at you, except you don't know it, you couldn't know it.

You know, your avatar couldn't be more perfect.

I'm full of nothing though, except disappointment, is there anyone with a brain on here?

"Right back at you" really are we 5yrs old's now? Getting pretty desperate making fun of my avatar. You are right about one thing though, you are full of nothing.

Don't worry baby jet, someday you'll be able to have a debate and not cry about it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-28 01:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

is there anyone with a brain on here?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 01:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
is there anyone with a brain on here?
^
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-28 01:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, two pages of climate change while I was playing with my daughter.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
No! We moved on to talk about legislation! Bad Kara, bad!
I totally tried to change it back..../sorry
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 04:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm really bored with the whole Climate Change debate. Everyone with a brain knows it's happening and is impacted in a not-insignificant way by human activity. And everyone with a financial stake in it not being true funnels money and propaganda to the opposition. This pattern has happened in every environmental issue for the last 100 years. Atomic Testing and the Lead Industry being the most prominent examples.

At this point the only thing I can say to Altimaomega, conservative sheep that he is, always mewling the shepherd's [FoxNews] talking points is that the Shepherd does not protect his flock because he cares for them; he protects his flock because he intends to harvest the wool and meat. You think on that. (Monumental task thinking will be)
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-28 05:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Reuters claims: Russia began its invasion.

It's still a very early news situation. Not much known of the scale or how true it is.

[edit]: Looks like Reuters didn't confirm it themselves.
Current situation seems to be: The City Novoazovsk has fallen to troops under Donetsk flags.
Defenders claimed those were real russian troops this time.
Exact source seems to be a phone call by a member of the Asow-battalion (very right extremists which have been acknowledged by Kiev).
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 05:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Old News, or have we already forgotten that Crimea was part of Ukraine?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 06:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Everyone ready to pay 40-70 cents more for gas to curb the dreaded climate change? California is!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/27/california-hidden-gas-tax/

I sure hope the whole nation catches onto this I would really love to pay even more money for a gallon of gas. All while saving the planet from something that isn't based on cold hard facts, but bought and paid for theory's.

You're going to spend 40-70 cents a gallon more in the coming years no matter what, we should be celebrating that it's going toward modernizing infrastructure and limiting the amount of crap our children will have to breathe.
If only that was true....

Say, California already has $1 billion per year in revenue from carbon credits prior to this increase, did they use it to upgrade anything? Or use it to even protect the environment?

Nope, just wasted it on more corruption and inefficiencies of the state.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 06:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the *** you posted: it seems like the corporations that are reaping profits out the *** are going to pass the tax to the end consumer, instead of cutting into their ridiculously high bottom line (like they should).

Not to mention that I've always considered regular gas taxes to be asinine in the first place, and an unstable state based income (hello problems the Governator had).

That's not even getting into the stupidity that is carbon credits, but hey.
Let me ask you this then: Do you consider a 7% Net Profit to be, as you put it, a ridiculously high bottom line?

Heck, they pay federal income tax at a higher percentage then that.

Oh wait, I forgot, you believe that they don't pay federal income tax......
By fonewear 2014-08-28 07:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is if I don't care about global warming this thread will still reach page 100.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 07:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

17.5 trillion dollars of debt about to come back and hit the U.S. across its arrogant face, and yet people argue about the weather.

U.S.A.!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 07:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
17.5 trillion dollars of debt about to come back and hit the U.S. across its arrogant face, and yet people argue about the weather.

U.S.A.!
A very large portion of it will only hit across the faces of US citizens though.

Technically, all of it, because not only did we loan the money to ourselves, we elected the idiots who wasted the money in the first place.

Fiscal Responsibility is a dirty word to those in power in Washington D.C. now.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 07:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S.A.!

Well, it's an extreme case, but things like massive droughts (See: California) and water table depletion (Great Plains) have a massive impact on economy as well. It's not like natural resources have no monetary value.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 07:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs money when the ocean's temperature is rising 1% !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 07:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only is global warming real once the temperature hits 88 degrees we will go Back to the Future !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 07:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

U.S.A.!

Well, it's an extreme case, but things like massive droughts (See: California) and water table depletion (Great Plains) have a massive impact on economy as well. It's not like natural resources have no monetary value.
California is always in a "drought," though. Even though to them, a drought is when it hasn't rained in an area for 30 days.

If we use that definition across the country, then Texas itself is in a drought 75-80% of the time.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 07:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, the whole world has an increasing rate of Desertification, which kind of proves the thesis of Climate Change.

For California though, there's several places in the North part of the state that now have no running water because of the drought. If you think that's typical okay.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 07:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, the whole world has an increasing rate of Desertification, which kind of proves the thesis of Climate Change.

For California though, there's several places in the North part of the state that now have no running water because of the drought. If you think that's typical okay.
Wait, what?

California is always in a "drought" and they have no policies in regards to water conservation?

Heck, all of the wildfires there should be basis enough for water conservation.

What sort of political idiots run the place there?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 07:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Wait, what?

California is always in a "drought" and they have no policies in regards to water conservation?

They've always been good at hiring actors as politicians instead of people with any solid, good plans...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 07:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Reuters claims: Russia began its invasion.

It's still a very early news situation. Not much known of the scale or how true it is.

[edit]: Looks like Reuters didn't confirm it themselves.
Current situation seems to be: The City Novoazovsk has fallen to troops under Donetsk flags.
Defenders claimed those were real russian troops this time.
Exact source seems to be a phone call by a member of the Asow-battalion (very right extremists which have been acknowledged by Kiev).

The Azov battalion seem like some nice people.

Ukraine crisis: the neo-Nazi brigade fighting pro-Russian separatists
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 08:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Wait, what?

They've always been good at hiring actors as politicians instead of people with any solid, good plans...

dun 4git g8tst prezident in history.

Wait, what?

We actually do have quite a few policies in place. But Lawns need watering, and the only thing of value California has right now is overpriced housing. Need dat curb appeal yo.

If it were up to me I'd ban Golf Courses in the middle of the desert, but personal freedoms and yadda yadda.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 08:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

dun 4git g8tst prezident in history.

Couldn't if I wanted to.

And I'd kind of like to.

Then again, by the end of his presidency, he probably had forgotten he was an actor in the first place.

Funny story, apparently when Reagan met Deng Xiaoping, Reagan's handlers were really, really worried about China's leader seeing how completely gone Reagan was at that point...

...until they got the two of them together and realized Deng was every bit as gone as Reagan.

*had to edit that because my brain took a left.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 08:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 08:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see a lot of similarities between Vladamir Putin and Reagan too. It wouldn't surprise me if Putin had some kind of degenerative neurological disease, especially in the Frontal Lobe area. It sure would explain a lot.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I could go for some Flintstones and cigarettes!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 08:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 08:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-28 09:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm really bored with the whole Climate Change debate. Everyone with a brain knows it's happening and is impacted in a not-insignificant way by human activity. And everyone with a financial stake in it not being true funnels money and propaganda to the opposition.

Keep on believing that the skeptic's side is way more funded than the alarmist's side. Don't you realize that there is an entire public industry that would not exist if the thesis was (as it IS) irrelevant.

Global warming is a publicly funded religious cult.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 09:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Yeah, I'm really bored with the whole Climate Change debate. Everyone with a brain knows it's happening and is impacted in a not-insignificant way by human activity. And everyone with a financial stake in it not being true funnels money and propaganda to the opposition.

Keep on believing that the skeptic's side is way more funded than the alarmist's side. Don't you realize that there is an entire public industry that would not exist if the thesis was (as it IS) irrelevant.

Global warming is a publicly funded religious cult.

The Skeptic's side is much more narrowly funded, vast sums of money funneled in by a handful of interests.

Again, this is not new tactics, this has happened before and it's always invariably the special groups funding a disproportionate amount of money into their "Skepticism" that turns out to be the side proven wrong in the end.

Read a history book brah. Snakes and Saints on both sides, but the evidence is stacked against your camp like the corpses of a million babies killed by lead poisoning in the 1970's.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 1375 1376 1377