Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1255 1256 1257 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-11 13:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's a pet peeve of mine but sequels that continue after the heroes journey never really live up to the hype and often just end up damaging the brand.
Have you played EarthBound and it's sequel, Mother 3? Probably one of the best examples of an amazing sequel that continues after the hero's journey.

It would probably seem like I'm getting off topic, but Mother 3 also does some social commentary on the effects of capitalism.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yup bush's fault.

Can lock up this thread now. Problem solved.

Edit, nvm lets just make it a discussion thread about old games.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
A notable Square example is Chrono Cross, where Crono and co are unceremoniously killed off screen by mooks.

Spoilers!

...but really. That's really dumb and makes me not want to touch Chrono Cross. Though I guess since I hadn't already, I probably wasn't going to.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game but it completely *** the storyline of Chrono for minimal gains. That plot point was the most egregious, offering up beloved characters for the sake of a twist.

It's like having the Final Fantasy VII sequel open with news that the Highwind suffered from engine trouble and Cid died in the resulting crash.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
lol, yup bush's fault.

Can lock up this thread now. Problem solved.

Edit, nvm lets just make it a discussion thread about old games.
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
just skipped over the Bush years that drove us into the Great Recession.

Let's be fair.

That was a bipartisan effort in many, many ways.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Word is that Hillary authorized Iraq!
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A notable Square example is Chrono Cross, where Crono and co are unceremoniously killed off screen by mooks.

Spoilers!

...but really. That's really dumb and makes me not want to touch Chrono Cross. Though I guess since I hadn't already, I probably wasn't going to.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game but it completely *** the storyline of Chrono for minimal gains. That plot point was the most egregious, offering up beloved characters for the sake of a twist.

It's like having the Final Fantasy VII sequel open with news that the Highwind suffered from engine trouble and Cid died in the resulting crash.

Well that's what happened when you drink and airship. And I think we all know Cid did a bit of that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did she not sign off on it?

I honestly don't remember much dissent at the time in the ranks of either party is the thing.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-11 13:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be fair.

I didn't say it wasn't. But the difference between what our military is doing now as compared to the Bush years is trillions of dollars.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, stop trying to make this a Bush thing. It's a general political thing.

If you promise war, it costs money and money doesn't come from thin air.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it's a holy war.

Then it came from the same place the religion came from.

Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-11 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did she not sign off on it?

I honestly don't remember much dissent at the time in the ranks of either party is the thing.

iirc only kennedy and ....some other guy voted no

Edit: 23 voted against hilary voted for it
iraq resolution
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what Bernie thinks.

My bad he says it comes from trees.. sorry..
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

At the time, Hillary *was* the senator from New York. You know, the place where the controlled demolition occurred.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Was Bernie promising war?

I was under the impression he's promised a host of improved social, domestic, and infrastructure programs and services and that he's been quite open about the tax increases involved.

You can disagree with him, but let's not pretend he's acting like the money will come from nowhere.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

At the time, Hillary *was* the senator from New York. You know, the place where the controlled demolition occurred.

I'm not really condemning her or Bush or anyone else here.

I'm just saying it was a pretty popular thing at the time. We're a very revenge-minded society and she was probably, actually, for once, representing the desire of her constituents.

Somewhat oddly the only time we can all agree is when the question is, "should we go kill those *** who thought they could get all up in our ***?"

And then we immediately go back to disagreeing about how to get them, or who gets credit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie's already admit he'll be raising taxes to make his ideas work. Is that good? bad? horrible? summoning Stalin? I dunno.

He's not billed himself as a fiscal guy. Every fiscal guy wants to promise less taxes, more war and somehow we gonna balance this with cuts. Or that flat tax thrown around.

And then you've got Trumps it's gonna be great method of balancing the budget. Well at the least he knows what it is to be bankrupt so maybe he's the guy we need.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Was Bernie promising war?

I was under the impression he's promised a host of improved social, domestic, and infrastructure programs and services and that he's been quite open about the tax increases involved.

You can disagree with him, but let's not pretend he's acting like the money will come from nowhere.
I was addressing the money part. Bernie lost me at more taxes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-11 13:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe he's the guy we need.

now we're talking...it's gunna be great!
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 13:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw it, let's just run up the National debt. I wanna see 100 trillion. Not like it means anything anyways.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 13:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw it, let's just run up the National debt. I wanna see 100 trillion. Not like it means anything anyways.

I feel like I'm the only one who has looked at Trump's history of the businesses he's dealt with and what he's done to them while protecting his own ***(ets), and realized we're *** if we have him at the helm.

I mean, with Bernie, worst case is we go broke as *** but still have some very nice roads and bridges set to last us a while for it.

With Trump we just get left holding the bill while he shoves more greenbacks into a sack and hops off to China to swagger them to death telling them how much better they are.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-11 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm the only one who has looked at Trump's history of the businesses he's dealt with and what he's done to them while protecting his own ***(ets), and realized we're *** if we have him at the helm.

I mean, with Bernie, worst case is we go broke as *** but still have some very nice roads and bridges set to last us a while for it.

With Trump we just get left holding the bill while he shoves more greenbacks into a sack and hops off to China to swagger them to death telling them how much better they are.

You realize you just said the worst case scenario from both people is we as a nation are left broke? Only bernie builds roads and Trump builds a wall..

You're probably not far off. Only we are more likely to be left broke as a nation if Bernie is left in charge.

Like Trump or not he knows how to use our corrupt system to get crap done.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-11 13:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda have to wonder how the voting would have went without all that *** Intel about Iraqi WMDs, but that question will need to wait for parallel dimension travel to finally get here.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think you can tame corruption, you're a bigger fool than I thought. Trump is a salesman, not a politician and he doesn't know how to dealmake with politicians or act like a goddamn statesman. Ted Cruz' heel is that he's not liked and I suppose Lord Trump is just going to forcechoke every politician that now actively wants to see this *** fail?

Nah, he'd go on stage and call Congressman so-an-so's mom a fat, sloppy ***. Then talk about someones wife's saggy ***. God, for all the reasons not to like Reagan, at least the man acted like a goddamn world leader.

Trump's brash, loud and ultimately his ego gets in the way of everything. The US isn't a *** business you can plaster your name all over and *** out for funds. I can't wait for the Department of Merchandising where we sell ties and vodka and copies of Art of the Deal. It's gonna be great!

Trump is the kinda guy that'd go on national television armed with a large black garbage bag and shout into the camera that the Chinese finance minister 'better put our *** trillions' in this bag right now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-11 14:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanders plan if things fail is to just age off this mortal coil.

"Welp guys, it was a good run. I'm going to just spontaneously die now. Good luck with those fires."
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-11 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Equal pay for equal work. Amirite?

Why are they so upset? They're just redistributing the delegates in the ultimate goal of "fairness".

What the hell do they think Sanders is gonna do with taxes and society?
By Jetackuu 2016-02-11 14:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost doesn't.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-11 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Who the *** fills up a 20 gallon tank twice a week every week?

I have driven more than 20 gallons in a week. It's really not that uncommon in my job. I drive a sipper that gets about 38 mpg. If I didn't have a sipper and drove a 25 mpg car I'd hit 20+ gallons almost every week.

What's my job title?

World polluter.

Since you apparently can't read.

You don't need to drive 40 gallons in order to fill up a 20 gallon tank "twice a week"

There's weeks I fill up everyday too.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-11 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have driven more than 20 gallons in a week. It's really not that uncommon in my job. I drive a sipper that gets about 38 mpg. If I didn't have a sipper and drove a 25 mpg car I'd hit 20+ gallons almost every week.

What's my job title?

World polluter.

Since you apparently can't read.

You don't need to drive 40 gallons in order to fill up a 20 gallon tank "twice a week"

There's weeks I fill up everyday too.

To do it weekly, yeah you do.

So like I said, since you apparently can't read, or do math.

Also we're obviously not talking about driving for work as we're talking about personal expenses.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-11 14:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be fair.

I didn't say it wasn't. But the difference between what our military is doing now as compared to the Bush years is trillions of dollars.

You literally just quoted yourself citing the "Bush" years that drove us into the recessions.

Welp guys I said Bush but I meant democrats too....

lol
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-11 14:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Kinda have to wonder how the voting would have went without all that *** Intel about Iraqi WMDs, but that question will need to wait for parallel dimension travel to finally get here.

hilary will never escape the iraq vote in the exact same way christie will never escape his boardwalk date with obama...

just ask ted kennedy, he knows all about ruining your chances to be president forever
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1255 1256 1257 ... 1375 1376 1377