Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1248 1249 1250 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-10 15:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
For people who are consuming 40 gallons per week for whatever reason, maybe you should consider an electric car. Win-win for everyone.

You do realize that the bulk of electricity in the US comes from burning coal, so the increase in my electric bill to charge that car is more expensive and produces just as much carbon in the atmosphere...not really a win win.
Depending on what energy source is more prominent in your area, the carbon offset varies. There's less reliance on coal power heading west. As more coal-powered plants are decommissioned, the more effective an electric car (or hybrid) will be in reducing footprints.

Still, any increase in your power bill will be greatly offset by gas savings. It most definitely is win-win.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-10 15:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the price of gas vs electricity where you live, but with the rates here it would cost you 2.50$ per day, 17$ per week on your electricity bill.

17 bucks and I can drive 800 mile during the week on that? Hell, sign me up..

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Still, any increase in your power bill will be greatly offset by gas savings. It most definitely is win-win.
/citation needed.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-10 15:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

This however is just making my day.

I could get used to 4+ years of liberal tantrums like this.
The daily news is NOT liberal.

Nor is this a tantrum. Its merely a tabloid selling papers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-10 15:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Doesn't matter to me who's the Republican nominee, any one of them is still better than Clinton and Sanders combined.
that sounds very closed minded. You seriously think Trump would be a better President than Hillary or Bernie?
If it was over either of those two, then yes. The answer would be yes automatically, without much thought. Even if Trump actually makes good with half of his promises he made, like his Mexico wall or deporting Muslims, he would still be a better president than Clinton or Sanders.
Might as well just deport all the outsiders back to the countries they came from, tell them to learn how to deal with your own ***in your own countries and leave North America alone etc

Imagine a pristine land with just Real, Native, North Americans. No Muslims, no Christians, no black people, no white people; no outsiders at all.
I for one do not believe that Trump, if elected, will carry out either "deporting all Muslims" or "Building the wall-o-Mexico" promises he made.

He will receive very fierce resistance from the southern borders (in the case of the wall) and from the courts (in the case of deportation) in either case.

Removing either of those idiotic ideas out of the way, hell, including both idiotic ideas will still make Trump a better president than either of the 2 democrats/liberals running.

Realistically speaking of course.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-10 15:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Might as well just deport all the outsiders back to the countries they came from, tell them to learn how to deal with your own ***in your own countries and leave North America alone etc

Imagine a pristine land with just Real, Native, North Americans. No Muslims, no Christians, no black people, no white people; no outsiders at all.

lol, yeah. perfectly sane answer..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter to me who's the Republican nominee, any one of them is still better than Clinton and Sanders combined.
that sounds very closed minded. You seriously think Trump would be a better President than Hillary or Bernie?
If it was over either of those two, then yes. The answer would be yes automatically, without much thought. Even if Trump actually makes good with half of his promises he made, like his Mexico wall or deporting Muslims, he would still be a better president than Clinton or Sanders.
Bud, the wall and the restrictions on Muslim immigration specifically are both heavy plusses in my book.

I mean how many more illegal alien criminals, rapists and Muslim terrorists SHOULD we be letting into the country? Cause you know, we really suck at weeding out the bad apples.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-10 15:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Might as well just deport all the outsiders back to the countries they came from, tell them to learn how to deal with your own ***in your own countries and leave North America alone etc Imagine a pristine land with just Real, Native, North Americans. No Muslims, no Christians, no black people, no white people; no outsiders at all.

It amazes me how people can take even the craziest stuff that Trump says and make even bigger hyperbole out of it. If he's so dangerous, why is it not enough to represent what he says at face value?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-10 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/citation needed
http://energy.gov/articles/egallon-how-much-cheaper-it-drive-electricity

A cute little tool that lets you compare a conventional cars costs vs electric
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no middle ground, you have to want to let in the terrorists rapists and violent criminals or you MUST be a xenophobe.

Crazy.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-10 15:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bud, the wall and the restrictions on Muslim immigration specifically are both heavy plusses in my book.

I mean how many more illegal alien criminals, rapists and Muslim terrorists SHOULD we be letting into the country? Cause you know, we really suck at weeding out the bad apples.
Translation: I'm the lowest common denominator that forms Trump's base.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-10 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
You do realize that the bulk of electricity in the US comes from burning coal, so the increase in my electric bill to charge that car is more expensive and produces just as much carbon in the atmosphere...not really a win win.
I don't know the price of gas vs electricity where you live, but with the rates here it would cost you 2.50$ per day, 17$ per week on your electricity bill.
I don't know, but am willing to believe that even if your electricity comes from an older coal plant, you still put less emissions in the air than from a gasoline burning car. Must look into this.

I have the seconnd cheapest electricity rates in the US. But there are only 3 electric cars with enough range to get from there to a charging station.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation: I hate traditional American culture and seek to destroy it at any cost even if it means letting in criminals rapists and terrorists.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-10 15:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigotry isn't part of American culture.

edit: well, it is in some areas lol
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-10 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If he's so dangerous, why is it not enough to represent what he says at face value?
Because if people support the dangerous already they likely require more to understand the risk it entails.

Lol. Look at Trump's poll numbers and let me know how well the media's hyperbole is working.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-02-10 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

America is it's own country, the whole world is not America.
If we say that we should always allow every foreigner into the US then we may as well declare the entire world to be "America."
We are not obligated to allow every foreign person to live in our country any more than you are obligated to let anyone into your house to live in it as they please to.
This argument is ridiculous and no nation is obligated to take in foreigners.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep using that word and you keep failing to understand your own relationship to it.

You Pleebo are indeed a bigot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-10 15:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep using that word and you keep failing to understand your own relationship to it.

I'm bigoted against bigots. It's like a double negative. They cancel out.
Valefor.Endoq said: »
If we say that we should always allow every foreigner into the US then we may as well declare the entire world to be "America."
We are not obligated to allow every foreign person to live in our country any more than you are obligated to let anyone into your house to live in it as they please to.
It's bigoted to exclude a particular group based on religion. Period.

No one is talking about obligation although actual "American culture" would suggest something of the sort.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-10 15:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: well, it is in some areas lol
Are you discounting yourself again?

Bigotry is not only alive in America, but also rampant.

There is no Red/Blue distinction when it comes to Bigotry. Most people are unaware that they are bigots (some people here haven't understand hypocrisy yet, so there is no wonder they are unaware of their own bigotry).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-10 15:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation: I hate traditional American culture and seek to destroy it at any cost.
the irony of this statement on multiple levels.

And if people accept other races and religions without judging them based on those religions or races, they "want to destroy America;" A country in which exists because people from other races and religions came and wanted to be accepted here.

You really lack the ability to comprehend the particular nuances of this issue. Many here have tried to teach you how to drive, but you deliberately jerk the wheel and crash the car over and over.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-10 15:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation: I hate traditional American culture and seek to destroy it at any cost.
the irony of this statement on multiple levels.

And if people accept other races and religions without judging them based on those religions or races, they "want to destroy America;" A country in which exists because people from other races and religions came and wanted to be accepted here.

You really lack the ability to comprehend the particular nuances of this issue. Many here have tried to teach you how to drive, but you deliberately jerk the wheel and flip the bus over and over.
fixed for accuracy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
It's bigoted to exclude a particular group based on religion. Period.

No one is talking about obligation although actual "American culture" would suggest something of the sort.
To think, some would call you self-righteous.

I am shocked I say. SHOCKED!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-10 15:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

akin to the "you're racist towards racists" argument, this is the mootest moot to ever moot.

That doesn't make sense. Racists aren't a race, therefore you cannot be racist against them.
First Page 2 3 ... 1248 1249 1250 ... 1375 1376 1377