Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1222 1223 1224 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-29 11:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On the plus side its being said that Trump made over $3,000,000 for vets last night

Ninja edit: Now saying $6,000,000
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 11:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, somebody will spin it to something negative before the end of the day.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-29 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing he raised a certain amount and then matched it with his own money, either way, he did better than anyone on the debate stage last night, except for maybe Bush, but its too late for that guy.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 11:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
On the plus side its being said that Trump made over $3,000,000 for vets last night

Ninja edit: Now saying $6,000,000
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't worry, somebody will spin it to something negative before the end of the day.

Veterans group won't take Trump fundraiser donations

I've seen articles stating that any money raised isn't going to actual veterans anyhow, but they're left wing blognews-type sites and I'll hold off until someplace at least slightly more interested in reporting parity talks about it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-29 11:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

President Rubio. Get used to saying that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 11:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather have President Walker.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-01-29 11:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

But I'm not even a member of the local Kiwanis, why would I have to
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 11:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll bet you 50$ he doesn't even get the republican nod.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

Only idiots would take that bet. Trump is slated to get the nod just as much as Clinton is slated to get the democrat/liberal nod.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 11:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncle sanders is actually getting close in the polls, you're a few weeks behind.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncle sanders is actually getting close in the polls, you're a few weeks behind.
I'll admit, I'm not paying any attention to the liberal side of the coin. Both candidates are pretty much a copy/paste from each other in my opinion.

To be honest, I'm not really paying any attention to the Republican side either. Since Walker left, there hasn't been any candidate really worth watching that has the best interest of the nation at heart. At least when it comes to policies.

This is just another "vote for the lessor of the two evils" type of election again. Like the last two elections.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-29 13:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit, I'm not paying any attention to the liberal side of the coin. Both candidates are pretty much a copy/paste from each other in my opinion.

To be honest, I'm not really paying any attention to the Republican side either. Since Walker left, there hasn't been any candidate really worth watching that has the best interest of the nation at heart. At least when it comes to policies.

This is just another "vote for the lessor of the two evils" type of election again. Like the last two elections.

Why don't you like Paul?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Why don't you like Paul?

He seems flaky and not very presidential to me.

His policies are pretty much copy/paste from most other GOP candidates, but he doesn't seem (to me) to be honest about them.

Almost like a puppet.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 13:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you like Paul?

His policies are pretty much copy/paste from most other GOP candidates, but he doesn't seem (to me) to be honest about them.

Almost like a puppet.

Says the Walker supporter, aka "the guy who practically comes with Koch branding labels."
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-29 13:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically a pragmatism (Hillary) vs idealism (Bernie) sorta thing. With Hillary, it'd be along the lines of what we have with Obama, whereas Bernie is more of looking for major changes. His campaign reform platform is one of his biggest selling points, which has the potential to help both parties, in that it would allow for better candidates who might not have major financial backing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-29 14:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Only idiots would take that bet. Trump is slated to get the nod just as much as Clinton is slated to get the democrat/liberal nod.

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 14:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat.

you're on!

/virtualhandshake
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 14:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Says the Walker supporter, aka "the guy who practically comes with Koch branding labels."
Says the union worker, who parrots everything his union representative tells him to say and do. All for a cracker.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
It's basically a pragmatism (Hillary) vs idealism (Bernie) sorta thing. With Hillary, it'd be along the lines of what we have with Obama, whereas Bernie is more of looking for major changes. His campaign reform platform is one of his biggest selling points, which has the potential to help both parties, in that it would allow for better candidates who might not have major financial backing.
Sander's idealism is the most dangerous thing to not only this country, but the global economy as a whole. That's including Trump's wall and deportation policies combined!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 14:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump says he's making mexico pay for the wall. you weren't kidding when you said you weren't really paying attention.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-29 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you like Paul?

Almost like a puppet.

That is interesting. To me he is anti-GOP while imo being about the only one that could bring the two sides of the republican party together. Which is the most important issue heading into this election in my mind.

Personally, I would think a Trump/Paul ticket would be impossible to beat. That would also open up 8yrs for Trump and Paul would have the time to show he has what it takes for 8yrs of Paul.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 15:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump says he's making mexico pay for the wall. you weren't kidding when you said you weren't really paying attention.
The whole aspect of the wall is dangerous. Regardless of who "pays" for it (and on the record, I knew about who Trump wanted to pay for it, I wasn't talking about spending, but the whole global aspect of the notion).

Last thing we need to do is alienate our neighbors in the south. Especially since these are hard working, mostly honest (at least more honest than most other people) people.

I may be a little biased because I live in South Central Texas. Not quite in the valley, but also not tainted by layabouts in Austin. Although people from the valley are not as bad as one thinks.

Sure, you got the Mexican Mafia, but besides those idiots, Latinos are not that bad.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That is interesting. To me he is anti-GOP while imo being about the only one that could bring the two sides of the republican party together. Which is the most important issue heading into this election in my mind.
Looking at his rhetoric (meaning his website), he is pretty much a cookie-cutter GOP.

I never looked or listened to him personally, outside the national debates. He never stood out to me as a leader.

Personally, I would think a Trump/Paul ticket would be impossible to beat. That would also open up 8yrs for Trump and Paul would have the time to show he has what it takes for 8yrs of Paul.
Vice Presidents never get to show off much during their tenure. Just letting you know that.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-29 16:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie and Trump have much in common. None of them having anything anything to do with their politics.

They are talking about things that haven't been in the discourse before.

They are appealing to people who haven't voted in the past.

They are appealing to people who are angry.

They are both seen an alternative to the establishment.

There are more.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-29 16:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bernie and Trump have much in common. None of them having anything anything to do with their politics.

They are talking about things that haven't been in the discourse before.

They are appealing to people who haven't voted in the past.

They are appealing to people who are angry.

They are both seen an alternative to the establishment.

There are more.

They both have fabulous hair.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-29 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at his rhetoric (meaning his website), he is pretty much a cookie-cutter GOP.

I never looked or listened to him personally, outside the national debates. He never stood out to me as a leader.
I have looked at him. He had some good ideas and used to be much more libertarian than he is now since adopting the GOP cookie cutter.

Quote:
Vice Presidents never get to show off much during their tenure. Just letting you know that.
I think Paul would cut his own throat first. I could be wrong.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-29 18:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Do any off these guys stand out as a leader.. Maybe Kaish however you spell his name.. But he is to establish for my taste.

Doesn't mean they can't though. I mean really the past few VPs have been laughable to say the least..

I have looked at him. He had some good ideas and used to be much more libertarian than he is now since adopting the GOP cookie cutter.

If you needed to sway as many people possible to even get considered to be a contender wouldn't you do the same thing?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-29 19:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you needed to sway as many people possible to even get considered to be a contender wouldn't you do the same thing?
Not if you are supposed to have principals. He lost followers by sacrificing principals to practicality. He picked none up by doing so.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-30 00:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the sad thing here, most people are followers not thinkers.
Everyone of the candidates have lost followers to Trump. It is yet to be seen if he even has principles.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-30 00:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not if you are supposed to have principals. He lost followers by sacrificing principals to practicality. He picked none up by doing so.

We don't live in a world where principles get you elected. Principles get lost in political strategy, because people vote for the person that plays the game the best.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-30 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly right. Pauls political strategy is levels above every other candidate. Trump has came in and literally stolen the show.
First Page 2 3 ... 1222 1223 1224 ... 1375 1376 1377