Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1223 1224 1225 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-30 09:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Do any off these guys stand out as a leader.. Maybe Kaish however you spell his name.. But he is to establish for my taste.
Fiorina is an actual leader. Trump is too, if you consider his experience.

Out of all of the candidates on both sides, only those 2 actually, you know, lead.

Fiorina is the only one who comes close to what I believe in, but even I don't think that a business leader can make a great president (automatically).

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
We don't live in a world where principles get you elected. Principles get lost in political strategy, because people vote for the person that plays the game the best.
When a disbarred lawyer/community leader was considered by the US public to be the best choice at running the free world (and ultimately failed at doing that), that's when you know that principles and intelligence are no longer needed in the US electoral process.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-30 12:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bernie and Trump have much in common. None of them having anything anything to do with their politics.

They are talking about things that haven't been in the discourse before.

They are appealing to people who haven't voted in the past.

They are appealing to people who are angry.

They are both seen an alternative to the establishment.

There are more.

They both have fabulous hair.

I think Bernie is more insane than any politician I've ever witnessed. And I've witnessed Al Gore !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-30 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Do any off these guys stand out as a leader.. Maybe Kaish however you spell his name.. But he is to establish for my taste.
Fiorina is an actual leader. Trump is too, if you consider his experience.

Out of all of the candidates on both sides, only those 2 actually, you know, lead.

Fiorina is the only one who comes close to what I believe in, but even I don't think that a business leader can make a great president (automatically).

We don't live in a world where principles get you elected. Principles get lost in political strategy, because people vote for the person that plays the game the best.
When a disbarred lawyer/community leader was considered by the US public to be the best choice at running the free world (and ultimately failed at doing that), that's when you know that principles and intelligence are no longer needed in the US electoral process.

Obama failed to run the free world? I guess somewhere along the line America collapsed and I'm living in a machine or something. Did the bombs fall? Did Codsworth make it out OK? Did Vault-Tec let me pick my SPECIAL traits before the collapse? So much hyperbole, it sounds like something I'd write.

Also, that community organizer kicked the GOP's *** not once but twice and for the coup de grace we've got a real estate magnate turned reality star wiping the floor with seasoned 'leaders'.

You're right though. Leaders need to be able to make compromises and put their egos aside for the sake of the country they've been tasked to serve. That means foreign policy or plans that may not be exactly what you want to see become law. The entire reason Trump is currently making a mockery of the GOP is precisely because ideological purity is a good way to become as well liked as IS.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-30 14:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Also, that community organizer kicked the GOP's *** not once but twice

And practically handed them the Senate and House because he failed to meet expectations yet again.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-30 15:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like there was a shooting outside the Denver Motorcycle Expo, no fatalities reported yet.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-30 15:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Looks like there was a shooting outside the Denver Motorcycle Expo, no fatalities reported yet.
Ah you beat me to it.
By fonewear 2016-01-30 15:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is who I'm voting for in 2016:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-01-30 15:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Join me in my state run hippie commune we have organic cheese !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-30 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Join me in my state run hippie commune we have organic cheese !

I was hesitant at first, but you had me at organic cheese. I'll put in my two weeks notice at work.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-30 15:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vermont is know for all sorts of things like Ben and Jerry ice cream...and I'm sure something else !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-31 08:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie reminds me of that crazy uncle you hear about that lives in the woods and blames the "government" for all his problems !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-31 09:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama failed to run the free world?
Lets see:

He has not only embarrassed America in the world stage multiple times, he did so while making more enemies with our allies. In regards to foreign policy, he made Bush look good.

He has also instigated more domestic problems than the last 4 presidents combined. Including Reagan and the union members protesters who protested because they had no clue what globalization was and how it benefits America, even though we usually got the short end of the stick in many cases. #OccupyMillinocket

His "signature domestic policy" not only did not do what it was created to do (make healthcare affordable), but also instigated a new system of corruption and fraud. The only people who benefited are those who underachieve in life. Do you think that's good for the domestic economy?

The only pluses that arose from his tenure are those he had no control over. Such as domestic production of oil and the technologies that arose from it. Remember, he is against fossil fuels, unless it benefits him in some way.

So, yes, he did fail to run America. His attempts at accomplishments not only put us in a worse position as before, it made even the previous president, who is incompetent at worst, still seem like the better choice if both of them were to run for president again.

Also, that community organizer kicked the GOP's *** not once but twice and for the coup de grace we've got a real estate magnate turned reality star wiping the floor with seasoned 'leaders'.
To be honest, neither candidate was a leader who ran against Obama. If the election was going by the issues alone and not because of additional factors, such as racism, Obama would probably not been elected either time.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-31 09:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

he made Bush look good.
No. Obama can actually pronounce the words in his speeches.
By fonewear 2016-01-31 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
he made Bush look good.

Since when is that important in being President ?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-31 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Bush or Obama would have been elected in a properly organized society of deep thinking intellectuals.

We live in murica, and trump is gonna make it great agin
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-31 12:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All Bernie Sanders does is *** about how much everything sucks in America after eight years of President Obama and liberals are like, "Yes! This is our guy!" The same people that unleashed this failure upon us.

The biggest threat to the World is a liberal's inability to ever admit when they are wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-31 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

he made Bush look good.
Bush never needed a teleprompter to speak.

Anyone can hack into the WH teleprompter and Obama will just read whats on the screen.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 15:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

he made Bush look good.

He seems to have a hard time pronouncing ISIS..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-01 11:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Restaurants could get new filing requirements

Quote:
Restaurant businesses with more than 100 employees would be required to provide the federal government with breakdowns of pay by gender, race and ethnicity under a proposal that was aired today by the Obama Administration.

The measure, put forth by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor, is intended to close any gaps between what men and women are paid for doing similar jobs. The EEOC said it would use the annual filings for insights “into discriminatory pay practices across industries and occupations.”

The information is already required of companies that do business with the U.S. government.

The proposal was announced today at the White House to commemorate the seventh anniversary of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the first piece of legislation passed during President Obama’s tenure. That measure was intended to strengthen laws against discrepancies in pay for men and women doing comparable work.

The President said he would renew his call on Congress to close the gender gap by passing a bill that was put forth by the White House, the Pay Fairness Act.

While I believe that people regardless of sex/color/<insert whatever you want to classify people as in here>, this proposed rule is just another example of attacking the problem by creating more problems.

There are more factors regarding pay differential than "He is paid more because he is a white male!" excuse you hear quite often.

Education, productivity, work-ethic, availability, health, and other factors play more in determining a person's pay than any ill-perceived notion that sex/color/<insert category-of-the-month> plays much of a factor in such determination.

Hell, most/nearly all salaried positions (where the pay differential issue really plays a role) are negotiated. Non-cash benefits, such as time-off, also play a role and are not calculated in the base pay of such positions.

There are many more factors in play that people are willing to admit, but they love to scream "racism" and "sexism" because it makes them feel good inside.

tl:dr - new proposed rule will do nothing to stem the problem, but instead instigate more issues that really doesn't exist.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-01 11:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that there's problems with pay inequalities in our country, I don't really see how restaurants are the place to start fixing it.

Tips alone throw this entire model out the window. You think the best male servers are (regularly, allowing for the outliers) getting tipped the same as their extremely attractive or well-endowed female counterparts?

KN's right on this one. The real salary inequalities come in the form of positions where things are negotiated and aren't necessarily even open for government intervention under the current laws (unless I grossly misunderstand them). If you're negotiating your own contract and you lowball yourself or don't convince your employer you're worth more...you'll have a hard time even convincing me that has anything to do solely with race or gender.

I think it's a shitty. I think race and gender still play a role, albeit not in a clear-cut "you've got a vagina, you get less" way. But I also don't see any governmental regulation fixing the issue. Too subjective. Too many details on a case-by-case basis.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-01 11:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I think race and gender still play a role, albeit not in a clear-cut "you've got a vagina, you get less" way.
I'm not going to deny that race/gender doesn't play a minor role, but it is certainly not a sole factor. In today's age, it's not even used to determine salaries at all. And this is speaking from somebody who actually made such determinations.

Yes, a woman who just gave birth will have a lower salary that year than a man or woman who did not give birth that year. Reason being the time off taken by the birth and recovery.

No amount of government intervention will actually fix or even come close to the perceived wage discrepancy that media outlets love to throw out there for more advertising revenue, thanks to the people who cannot think themselves out of a soggy paper bag.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-01 11:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you'd think a nobel peace prize laureate would work harder to unite people rather than scrutinize the divides...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-01 12:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, this is the administration that's making the changes, not Obama himself.

He may be in charge of the administration, but we all know he can't lead or even direct anything anyone does there. IRS is a great example of that assertion.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-01 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You think the best male servers are (regularly, allowing for the outliers) getting tipped the same as their extremely attractive or well-endowed female counterparts

you should try using "/wink" and "/coy smile" more often.

I'm not suggesting that you do weird stuff for old ladies...or men...but perhaps the subtle suggestion that you might consider such possibilities...if the price were right...would positively influence your take home pay.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-01 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
You think the best male servers are (regularly, allowing for the outliers) getting tipped the same as their extremely attractive or well-endowed female counterparts

I'm not suggesting that you do weird stuff for old ladies...or men...but perhaps the subtle suggestion that you might consider such possibilities...if the price were right...would positively influence your take home pay.

I don't know what you think it is I do or have done for work in the past but I'd last about three days, tops, as a server anywhere.

I only survived rude customers at Walmart because the people who were rude were also the ones that were too dumb to pick up on condescending smart words used to insult them to their face.

That or they did pick up on them, realized that they were being rude to someone who really didn't deserve it, and let it go.

I'm inclined to believe there were fewer of the latter than the former, though.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-01 12:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, and I did pretty well in that arena.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-01 12:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you think it is I do

do you mean besides whining like an old coon hound passing a peach pit on a third party hack website for a dying fourteen year old japanese video game?

I don't think you've left time for much else... >.>
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-01 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you think it is I do

do you mean besides whining like an old coon hound passing a peach pit on a third party hack website for a dying fourteen year old japanese video game?

I don't think you've left time for much else... >.>

I'm just waiting for you to die from your certain COPD and liver failure so I can take over as the resident heckler.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-01 12:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you've got a lot of work to do if you're to fill those shoes, bubba.
First Page 2 3 ... 1223 1224 1225 ... 1375 1376 1377