Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1010 1011 1012 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Aeyela 2015-10-04 04:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
We watch the same shows and movies, play the same games, listen to the same music

But you live outside America. All that's outside America on their maps is "Here be Dragons".
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-04 10:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

15 pages in two days? Jesus people, can someone give me a recap? I can't handle so many bleeding heart feelz at once.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 11:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
can someone give me a recap?
The pope is secretely gay.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

15 pages in two days? Jesus people, can someone give me a recap? I can't handle so many bleeding heart feelz at once.

Basically liberals would prevent violence if we gave them "gun control" whatever that means
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-04 12:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Basically liberals would prevent violence if we gave them "gun control" whatever that means
Ah, has it been pointed out that the gun free zone in which the shooting took place is a perfect example of how gun control doesn't work yet?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-04 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever been to Europe?
Yes, several times.

Prauge, Czeck Republic (and the surrounding country)
Dresden, Germany
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
London, UK
Paris, France (and the surrounding country)
Madrid, Spain
Athens, Greece
Florence, Italy
Zurick, Switzerland

All of which I spent at least 3 days (in some cases, like Prauge, up to 4 weeks) at a location or area.

Never been impressed with any of these locations.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-04 12:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweden is a good country but we still have a lot of problems here, especially recently
No, never been to Sweden, too damn cold for my tastes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-04 12:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
can someone give me a recap?
The pope is secretely gay.
I KNEW IT!!!
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-10-04 14:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Dublin, German
That is not in Germany but Ireland.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-04 14:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he meant Dresden?
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Maybe he meant Dresden?

Maybe he meant Germany, too.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-04 14:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Maybe he meant Dresden?

I was trying not to point out the obvious.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 14:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Maybe he meant Dresden?

I was trying not to point out the obvious.

Where's the fun in that?
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-10-04 22:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-04 23:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

considering the educational status of todays kids and how much money we spend on them graduating high school without learning basic mathematics, I'd say we're certainly getting a better value from those missiles.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-10-05 01:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, personally I don't quite get the message there--I do understand that it's symbolic of expense of US tax dollars which could be spent elsewhere, but there were far worse expenditures with much more dubious returns-on-investment made by the US by comparison no?

The millions in "sacks of cash" delivered to the Hamid Karzai administration, the billions in payouts to Islamabad, US restitution payments to Afghani citizens/victims of US actions, etc. while all also serving a distinct purpose and role in US foreign policy/military doctrine, had remarkably less oversight and arguably much higher degrees of mismanagement and direction of funds than high-cost contracted US military infrastructure and material no? All of those instances were much less visible than expensive missiles launching towards their targets, but at least the missiles had a distinct advantage of immediately knowing if the investment was worthwhile. :p
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-05 08:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Dresden, Germany
That is not in Germany but Ireland.
I'm sorry, it was my mistake.

This was the only city that I didn't fly to. I took a train from Prague to stay at.

Also, don't post if you just got up and are not fully awake. You tend to make mistakes like this....
By Jetackuu 2015-10-05 08:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

today's kids
honestly, I know more boomers that can't do basic math.

But let's not even get into common core, because that ***is stupid.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-05 10:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Ah, has it been pointed out that the gun free zone in which the shooting took place is a perfect example of how gun control doesn't work yet?
Unfortunately for the Republicans who claim that the campus is a gun free zone, it isn't.

By law no college campus in Oregon is a gun free zone.

Weapons common on Oregon college campus despite 'gun-free zone'
Reuters

7 People Who Tried To Blame ‘Gun Free Zones’ For The UCC Shooting, Even Though The School Wasn’t One
Think Progress

Conservatives Are Blaming “Gun-Free Zones” for Roseburg

Slate, three fricking days ago

Indeed there was someone who was carrying concealed on campus at the time.

‘Good Guy With A Gun’ Was On UCC Campus At Time Of Massacre
Think Progress

Unfortunately he was no where near the building where the shooting took place.

Please get your head out of the right wing echo chamber Nasui. I know you can think.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-05 11:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
it isn't
It is.

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-05 11:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this the other day in RT, but you should all witness it.

No, I have no idea what this is, but it's everything.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-05 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately for the Republicans who claim that the campus is a gun free zone, it isn't.

By law no college campus in Oregon is a gun free zone.
So, are you saying that state law trumps Federal law?

18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2) is where you need to look:

18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2) said:
(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—
(i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
(iii) that is—
(I) not loaded; and
(II) in a locked container, or a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle;
(iv) by an individual for use in a program approved by a school in the school zone;
(v) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in the school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual;
(vi) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity; or
(vii) that is unloaded and is possessed by an individual while traversing school premises for the purpose of gaining access to public or private lands open to hunting, if the entry on school premises is authorized by school authorities.

So, sorry Chanti, but that school is, by federal law, designated to be a gun-free zone.
By volkom 2015-10-05 11:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I think we can all agree on the fact it's a gun free zone but people don't follow the rules.

and gun free zones aren't safe zones
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-05 11:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

safety is an illusion no matter how much you try to legislate it into a reality.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-05 12:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I think we can all agree on the fact it's a gun free zone but people don't follow the rules.

Look, the idea of a "gun free zone" in general or proclaiming one to be is just dumb. It's dumb twice over.

First because as we've seen over and over again, changing the nature of an area to that where guns are not allowed does nothing to physically prevent them from showing up. So first, it is no active measure against people who would brush off the statement. It affects people who wouldn't shoot up the place either way as they comply in order to not break the rules.

Secondly by proclaiming an area a gun free zone you automatically label it as a target for people who wish to cause mass harm and chaos. How is this so? Well if you were going to do mass harm and cause chaos, you'd want to do it in an area where no one would be able to stop you, such as a place where people don't have any guns with which to shoot you back.

The people pushing for tighter gun control are actively causing more mass killings and tragedy by pushing the solution of gun free zones. They push for more power to cause greater tragedy and then point to that as example of why they need more power.

Anyone ever watch the three stooges? There's one episode where they unleash a bunch of mice and bugs in someone's house and then knock on their door proclaiming to be the exterminator.

This is the same exact thing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-05 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun-free school zones look great on paper, but by now, we should see that it's not effective one bit.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-05 13:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, sorry Chanti, but that school is, by federal law, designated to be a gun-free zone.
Sorry King, but colleges and universities, although schools, are not school zones.

Quote:
The Oregonian published a piece with the headline: “Umpqua Community College not a gun-free zone: Oregon laws prevent that.” The paper explained that “[e]veryone with a concealed firearms license is allowed to bring guns on campus.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-05 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry King, but colleges and universities, although schools, are not school zones.

Quote:
The Oregonian published a piece with the headline: “Umpqua Community College not a gun-free zone: Oregon laws prevent that.” The paper explained that “[e]veryone with a concealed firearms license is allowed to bring guns on campus.

Except according to their own policies they prohibit firearms.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-05 14:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Except according to their own policies they prohibit firearms.

That's their policy, it isn't law. Someone who violates that policy may face termination/expulsion/etc, but they won't face criminal charges.

Idaho has a law expressly allowing concealed weapons to be carried on college/university campuses, even if their internal policy prohibits it. The only exception being places of congregation like stadiums and theaters.
First Page 2 3 ... 1010 1011 1012 ... 1375 1376 1377