Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1009 1010 1011 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-03 22:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Japan isn't some magical, perfect country. It has a lot of problems, just like any other country.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 22:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
But seriously, if someone is going to spend their whole life complaining about how X country is better than ours, shut up and go live there.
Japan is better than the US, and I lived there. I would give anything to live there again, this time in a permanent status.

However, since I don't know Japanese as well as I would like, and I don't feel like teaching English, and I'm not a federal contractor or federal employee (trust me, I looked at how to become a federal contractor, nearly all positions require you to have some sort of military background, and I'm not going to join the army so I can apply to do taxes for people living on bases in Japan...), I can't go live there.

I would have to be a permament student in order to live there, and even then, I would be required to go back to the US 4 out of every 5 years (student visas only allow you to stay for a year and you cannot come back on the same visa, have to get another one in 5 years, again, I looked).

While it may be easier to go live in a piss poor country like anywhere in Europe (except Germany), I rather put my efforts in a country that's more civilized than the whole region put together (including Germany).

Ha, yeah. I suppose some countries can be a pain in the butt to get into. Then again, most people who spend the most time complaining about the U.S. don't have a lot of respect for immigration laws anyway....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 22:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Japan isn't some magical, perfect country. It has a lot of problems, just like any other country.

What, are you offended that he didn't say Sweden?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-03 22:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweden is a good country but we still have a lot of problems here, especially recently
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 22:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweden is a good country but we still have a lot of problems here, especially recently

You guys have yet to deal with your biggest problem of all. Surströmming is a plague that must be addressed.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-03 23:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You people don't eat it like you're supposed to, you open it up in water so the smell doesn't get out and then you remove the gross smelling stuff from it

Usually you eat it on knäckebröd (google it) with some butter and cheese and it doesn't have the smell anymore, just a salty fish taste
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 23:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You people don't eat it like you're supposed to, you open it up in water so the smell doesn't get out and then you remove the gross smelling stuff from it

Usually you eat it on knäckebröd (google it) with some butter and cheese and it doesn't have the smell anymore, just a salty fish taste

Lol, yeah. I've never actually had it, but my dad lived in Sweden for a couple years. He says the taste isn't bad, but the smell and its ability to linger (if not opened correctly) is beyond awful.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-03 23:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's best to open it up outside in water if you're gonna eat it inside, that way it won't stink up the house if you screw up
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 23:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess as long as the taste is good, it could be worth the hassle. I'll have to try it some day. Iceland's Hákarl, on the other hand....
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this horrible anti gun video going around with like Peter Dinklage, Beyonce, John Cusack etc. All of them saying "Enough" and "Demand a plan." This coming ffrom the people that contribute the most to desensitizing our culture towards violence. Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones and the main voice in Destiny, the massive first person shooter. Then I remembered John Cusack's horrible movie Grosse Point Blanke.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-04 00:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Peter Dinklage is no longer featured in Destiny, at all, not that it is a violent game (lol). I'm sure the video is fine, didn't watch it tho.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-04 00:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I saw this horrible anti gun video going around with like Peter Dinklage, Beyonce, John Cusack etc. All of them saying "Enough" and "Demand a plan." This coming ffrom the people that contribute the most to desensitizing our culture towards violence. Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones and the main voice in Destiny, the massive first person shooter. Then I remembered John Cusack's horrible movie Grosse Point Blanke.

So, do as they say, but not as they do? Hmm, there's a term for people like that....
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Peter Dinklage is no longer featured in Destiny, at all, not that it is a violent game (lol). I'm sure the video is fine, didn't watch it tho.

Haven't played it since day before last expansion came out but his voice you hear constantly as of two weeks ago. And wtf at Destiny isn't violent? Trials of Osiris is hardcore PVP shoot mofos in the face.

Vic: I didn't watch the video but it's fine. Herp.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So, do as they say, but not as they do? Hmm, there's a term for people like that....

And it's not even just the hypocrisy. Our culture is completely desensitized towards violence because of our art. We love it. Each one of us has watched hundreds of realistic gunshot deaths in our entertainment. The exposure has an effect on all of us so much that if we saw someone get shot irl we would be moved only to the point of Instagramming it. It's too easy for people to pull the trigger.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-04 00:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

His lines were completely recorded over, he is out. And its not a violent game, its rated T and it could easily be rated E. And no I don't plan on watching the video, your description sounds like you read it off Fox News, hardly objective.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

His lines were completely recorded over, he is out. And its not a violent game, its rated T and it could easily be rated E. And no I don't plan on watching the video, your description sounds like you read it off Fox News, hardly objective.

You don't know what you are talking about with Destiny. It's absurd to say it's not violent.

I didn't describe the video at all. Troll.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 00:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are descriptions of the video, even if its not the video you embedded.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

That's not the video that i posted, dunce.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-04 00:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a shooter for kids. Plain and simple. If you are going to be one of those people that whines about violent video games, at least whine about the right ones.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 00:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, two personal attacks back to back in replies to posts you obviously didn't read...

Doesn't play well with others, check!
Poor communication skills, check!
Irrational discontentment, check!
Anti-social behavior, check!

See where I'm headed? Pretty sure not.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a shooter for kids. Plain and simple. If you are going to be one of those people that whines about violent video games, at least whine about the right ones.

Looking at the case, Rated T for "Violence" and "Animated Blood" Wrong and foolish again Vic.

However, the fact that you said it's for kids makes my point about our desensitized culture. Kids shooting each other in the face with shotguns realistically in games, you don't think effects them?

If you want to take a look at the causes of gun violence you need to look at all aspects. Psychology cannot be ignored. It is the most important thing.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So, two personal attacks back to back in replies to posts you obviously didn't read...

Doesn't play well with others, check!
Poor communication skills, check!
Irrational discontentment, check!
Anti-social behavior, check!

See where I'm headed? Pretty sure not.

Don't get mad at me because you didn't watch the video then made yourself look foolish white knighting Vic. Antisocial behavior? You're on the internet, bro? Yeah looking at your 10,000+ posts. Yeah, I'm the antisocial one.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-04 01:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing casual games like Destiny has little effect on kids, playing violent games like GTA V also has little effect on kids, but I would rather they play Destiny. There is no evidence in any of these mass shootings that video games were a factor. Its always been an amusing scapegoat tho. Case in point, your baseless ramblings.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 01:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing casual games like Destiny has little effect on kids, playing violent games like GTA V also has little effect on kids, but I would rather they play Destiny. There is no evidence in any of these mass shootings that video games were a factor. Its always been an amusing scapegoat tho. Case in point, your baseless ramblings.

Our culture celebrates violence. We love it. We pay to see it. We pay to participate in it. This is the point. Believing that we can be bombarded with constant violent imagery and not become dulled to it is just wrong. Peter Dinklage coming out against violence yet making millions of dollars off celebrating violence and enjoying all of the fame that goes along with it makes him a hypocrite.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-04 01:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We watch the same shows and movies, play the same games, listen to the same music
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 01:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get mad at me because you didn't watch the video then made yourself look foolish white knighting Vic. Antisocial behavior? You're on the internet, bro? Yeah looking at your 10,000+ posts. Yeah, I'm the antisocial one.

Clearly you don't know what anti-social means.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 01:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

OK i get it. You feel a little embarrassed. Just let it go Jassik. It's getting sad now.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-04 01:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

OK i get it. You feel a little embarrassed. Just let it go Jassik. It's getting sad now.

You are like a walking, talking definition of projection, lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-04 01:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You are like a walking, talking definition of projection, lol.

I don't think so. I've been discussing gun violence and my opinions on it. It is the current topic. You on the other hand are just following me around, contributing nothing except snarky, irrelevant jabs. It's definitely not your finest moment. Go get yourself some sleep.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-04 04:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Really guys? Really? Are we sinking that low now?

Reality =/= fiction. If you can't tell the two apart you need to be put on meds.
First Page 2 3 ... 1009 1010 1011 ... 1375 1376 1377