Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1003 1004 1005 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
No amount of apologising can ever make up for that. We truly are sorry!
Fair enough.

Aeyela said: »
Fun fact, only one castle was ever hit by a Nazi bomb. Seems they loved them too!

The Nazis (including Hitler) had a lot of great ideas, but so many bad ones too.

It's hard to take the good with the bad on that, hell it's hard to even say but hey.

There's a picture I want to post now that's not directly against the rules but it's in horrible taste, so I'll refrain.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Since I seemingly have an inability to hang out with men.

I hate dudes too! this could be a match made in heaven.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 12:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
There is something to be said for traveling and experiencing the world. As well as the exchange of ideas and information from people in different regions. Off of the internet.
Not disagreeing with that, however a lot of people just straight up can't afford a trip across the world.

I SMELL A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM.

Oh wait, thats called the armed forces.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

the exchange of ideas & information gets skewed a touch when you shoot the guy at the end of the day.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Your "freedom" to own guns is really primitive. It is not a human right, it is purely an ingrained cultural phenomenon that should just be left behind, and I'm just flabbergasted at people wanting to die for weapons. It's no coincidence people mock americans describing them as always wielding guns or chanting for war.
Primitive culture, like the Corrida, to name a banal example.

I think my stance about next to anything is well known: do whatever it takes to advance humanity. Don't care you bought that, you shouldn't have it.

I know I'm going to attract Jet's ire for this, but I can't help it, even if I know it will get me in trouble I just have to always speak my mind.

/ma "Ire" <Seha>

Yeah, sorry but it's definitely not primitive and a lot consider it to be a fundamental human right. It's alright to disagree, but the insults in there aren't necessary.

You're flabbergasted that people would be willing to die for their rights?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-02 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I said in my own post that owning a weapon is no human right. So that automatically answers the question.

Primitive is not an insult. Growing up is a neverending process.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

the exchange of ideas & information gets skewed a touch when you shoot the guy at the end of the day.

Even wars facilitate a transfer of ideas. Just ask anyone deployed if they didn't pick up at least one useful thing serving anywhere.

And hey, if you get deployed to Japan you get to sit on a cushy base all day playing Final Fantasy XI freedom defender against those vile Japanese hotties enemies.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-02 12:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

American's ignorance on guns and their belief that they should have unfettered access 'cuz constitution' or '*** off I like guns'. Is directly tied to their egocentric attitude and their ignorance of the rest of the world.
hahahahahahahahaha
Half of America doesn't even have a *** passport.
We do not need a passport to rent a hotel room in our own country. Nor for travel to Canada or Mexico.

I would be surprised if 10% of us do. I let mine lapse.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The ability to defend your life & territory from aggressors is maybe the oldest human right...
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-10-02 12:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
American's ignorance on guns and their belief that they should have unfettered access 'cuz constitution' or '*** off I like guns'. Is directly tied to their egocentric attitude and their ignorance of the rest of the world.
hahahahahahahahaha
We do not need a passport to rent a hotel room in our own country. Nor for travel to Canada or Mexico.

I was under the impression that you now do in fact require a passport to travel to Mexico and or Canada now.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Primitive is not an insult.
Uh, yeah it is.

Yet this:

The ability to defend your life & territory from aggressors is maybe the oldest human right...

edit: as for "cultural" and "should be left in the past" no, our rights are what makes us America, without them we are nothing. You may as well assert that we should dismantle our government and go back to being ruled by the Crown of England.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ven wars facilitate a transfer of ideas.

I was joking around on that one. Trying to keep it lighthearted in here, yo.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-02 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And with the advancement of civilization we created organisms which are specifically assigned to that. I stay my opinion.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-02 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pope held private meeting with same-sex couple in U.S.
CNN

Quote:
(CNN)The day before Pope Francis met anti-gay county clerk Kim Davis in Washington last week, he held a private meeting with a longtime friend from Argentina who has been in a same-sex relationship for 19 years.

Yayo Grassi, an openly gay man, brought his partner, Iwan, as well several other friends to the Vatican Embassy on September 23 for a brief visit with the Pope. A video of the meeting shows Grassi and Francis greeting each other with a warm hug.

In an exclusive interview with CNN, Grassi declined to disclose details about the short visit, but said it was arranged personally by the Pope via email in the weeks ahead of Francis' highly anticipated visit to the United States.

"Three weeks before the trip, he called me on the phone and said he would love to give me a hug," Grassi said.

The meeting between Grassi and the Pope adds another intriguing twist to the strange aftermath of Francis' first-ever trip to the United States. Since news broke on Tuesday of Francis' meeting with Davis, conservatives have cheered the seemingly implicit endorsement, while liberals have questioned how much the Pope knew about her case.

In a statement on Friday, the Vatican said that the meeting with Davis was not intended as a show of support for her cause
and said "the only real audience granted by the Pope at the nunciature (embassy) was with one of his former students and his family."

"That was me," Grassi said.

Grassi said that Pope Francis taught him in literature and psychology classes at Inmaculada Concepcion high school in Flores, Argentina, from 1964-1965.

Grassi said the Pope has long known that he is gay, but has never condemned his sexuality or his same-sex relationship. Grassi said he and Iwan (he declined to disclose his last name due to privacy concerns) also met Francis last year in Rome.

"He has never been judgmental," Grassi said. "He has never said anything negative."

"Obviously he is the pastor of the church and he has to follow the church's teachings," Grassi added. "But as a human being he understands all kinds of situations, and he is open to all kinds of people, including those with different sexual characteristics."

Grassi said he believes the Pope was "misled" into meeting with Davis, who served six days in a Kentucky jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Davis' lawyers had portrayed the papal meeting as an endorsement of her cause. After several days of questions and culture-war sparring, the Vatican said that was not the case.

"The Pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis, and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects," Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said in a statement issued Friday morning.
Emphasis added.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-02 12:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, yeah it is.
Your decision to take it as such.
Offense is not in my intention, and that is all there is to that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 12:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ILL EAGLES. BACK YOU ILL EAGLES. **** shotgun*

The funniest thing I get from the most vocal 2A defenders are that only their people should have this ALL ENCOMPASSING right to bear arms.

And by their people, I mean mostly white guys. SORRY I HAD TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RACE. But I did. Because it's an aspect of the whole ARM ALL THE THINGS debate in 'Murica.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And with the advancement of civilization we created organisms which are specifically assigned to that. I stay my opinion.
Yes, individuals. The military deal with foreign affairs and the police aren't there to protect you.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

are you talking about the polizia?

if you are, then I hope you've got better cops in italy than we do here, because the cops are just as likely to kill you here, if they ever show up.

I'm fine leaving my fate to chance, but not the wife and kids'.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, yeah it is.
Your decision to take it as such.
Offense is not in my intention, and that is all there is to that.
Saying an entire culture is primitive is nothing but an insult, sorry.

There can be no other intention to it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-02 12:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
hahahahahahahahaha

Actually, you need a passport to travel to Canada and Mexico.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ven wars facilitate a transfer of ideas.

I was joking around on that one. Trying to keep it lighthearted in here, yo.

I can never tell man. One minute we're talking about whiskey and the next minute people are being thrown over the bar while someone screams Heil Hitler in the background.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw this film, not sure I get the point you're trying to make.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 12:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The funniest thing I get from the most vocal 2A defenders are that only their people should have this ALL ENCOMPASSING right to bear arms.

And by their people, I mean mostly white guys. SORRY I HAD TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RACE. But I did. Because it's an aspect of the whole ARM ALL THE THINGS debate in 'Murica.

I get your point, but I'm too far north to worry about brown folks. I'm more concerned with johnny trailer park looking for a TV to steal to get some more meth.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 12:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Heil Hydra
ftfy

I may finally crack open that bottle of whiskey that's been on my counter since last winter.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-02 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There can be no other intention to it.
I'm not going to respond to you anymore if you act like this, you know that.
Misunderstandings happen, it doesn't mean to be wrong to admit there was miscommunication.

the cops are just as likely to kill you here
It sure seems that way, but I am too detached from the specific cases to know if it's really as portrayed. My limited sources say this specific issue is all about racism afterall.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 12:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I get your point, but I'm too far north to worry about brown folks. I'm more concerned with johnny trailer park looking for a TV to steal to get some more meth.

Godspeed on those meth zombies man. I hear two shots to the head keeps them from summoning adds. Try to keep your armor upgraded to avoid their en-plague effect. Fire is especially effective, if you gear up for it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1003 1004 1005 ... 1375 1376 1377