Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 07:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Clearly the child needs to be expelled.. Being a racist terrorist that drew a picture of a pregnant woman and all.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/1/7960307/fourth-grader-suspended-lord-of-the-rings

Quote:
A fourth-grader in west Texas has been suspended, his father says, because he pretended to have a ring like the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings canon, and said it could make a classmate disappear.

This isn't his son's first scrape with authority; the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman. The family moved to the school district six months ago.

Suspended for all these thing! Why exactly do parents put up with this?

I grew up with a stepfather who owned a small airplane and who was really into jets, planes, etc. Naturally, being young and immitative, I was too. I remember once in second grade I drew a picture of two planes in a dogfight. And because I had seen WWII planes dogfighting on history programs and in books, I drew one of the planes with Swastikas on it because...it was a *** German airplane, right?

The teacher sent my artwork home with my mother to talk to me about the "inapropriateness" of my artwork. -.-;
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-02 08:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I once got lectured from the vice principle in 6th grade (middle school) for writing 'let the Jews be with you' in people's years book with the star of David above the words. He told me to go watch Schindler's List to improve my understanding of the Jews. I told him unless he paid for me to go I couldn't be bothered. He then said as a Jew that's offensive. I said no it's not, it just means I'm a kid with no money. That concept seemed to elude him.

I showed him though. Was good friends with his daughter come high school. He got promoted to the head of Science department at the high school at some point. Ended up having to sign certificates of outstanding academic achievement in computer science every year and present them to me on stage with others, lol.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 08:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I...sorry. That just sounds like an idiot 6th grader thing to do. I mean, not really offensive. Just...dumb. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-02 08:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I...sorry. That just sounds like an idiot 6th grader thing to do. I mean, not really offensive. Just...dumb. :p
Exactly, lmao!
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also the time I got in-school suspension for making "terroristic threats".

Of course, it was a drama queen who also had a thing against me reporting something stupid I said in off-the-cuff sarcasm to the principal.

Of course, it was like...less than a month after Columbine, so everything had to be taken super-serious. The principal understood, and the vice principal thought the whole thing was a major joke, but because the girl's parents were equally as dramatastic as their daughter, I got to spend a few days in in-school-suspension.

Which is amusing, because it got me OUT of classes and left me to read books I wanted to read for eight hours a day for a few days.
By Nazrious 2015-02-02 08:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I once got lectured from the vice principle in 6th grade (middle school) for writing 'let the Jews be with you' in people's years book with the star of David above the words. He told me to go watch Schindler's List to improve my understanding of the Jews. I told him unless he paid for me to go I couldn't be bothered. He then said as a Jew that's offensive. I said no it's not, it just means I'm a kid with no money. That concept seemed to elude him.

I showed him though. Was good friends with his daughter come high school. He got promoted to the head of Science department at the high school at some point. Ended up having to sign certificates of outstanding academic achievement in computer science every year and present them to me on stage with others, lol.

Once told a teacher he had no clue what he was talking about when it came to the Holocaust. He made it seem like Hitler just shows up and magically Germans started burning Jews as if brain washed.
he insisted I copy his crap notes, I refused, he said it was worth 15% of my grade....

After an entire period and almost being sent to the vice prin. Made a deal with him. I wouldn't take any notes or copy from class mates and he wouldn't deduct the 15%.

I ended up acing the AP exam and got a 100 in the class. Lol

Looking back, I was just a punk and if I was that teacher would have just told me to be quite or get sent to the VP. Not the brightest teacher but still better than I would be.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Japanese journalists killed, Japan gives strong reaction of vengeance to occur.

Anyone else feel like we're not doing nearly enough about ISIS? They've even managed to make pacifist Japan vow action. Why aren't we teaming up and doing more about them? -.-
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-02 10:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why aren't we teaming up and doing more about them? -.-
Well, we don't exactly have a president who's willing to commit to anything on the foreign front.

I mean, how many American citizens have been beheaded and all they got was a stern look?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 11:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs a willing legislative branch. Which is a problem since they aren't about to give Obama the power of a war time president.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-02 11:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the child needs to be expelled.. Being a racist terrorist that drew a picture of a pregnant woman and all.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/1/7960307/fourth-grader-suspended-lord-of-the-rings

Quote:
A fourth-grader in west Texas has been suspended, his father says, because he pretended to have a ring like the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings canon, and said it could make a classmate disappear.

This isn't his son's first scrape with authority; the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman. The family moved to the school district six months ago.

Thinking "Zero Tolerance" policies are good. Also:

[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-02 11:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this interesting video

Quote:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
Well, we don't exactly have a president who's willing to commit to anything on the foreign front.

Apparently we do.
YouTube Video Placeholder

As the kind person asked what should americans do? Well a good thing would be to stop voting for republicans and democrats and take control back for the people and by the people. I know this may be hard for a lot of you to believe, but we need common sense representation from folks who are not millionaires or billionaires. These millionaires and billionaires in office are the ones not living in reality.

rp&r page 213 Let Freedom Reign
rp&r page 216 The Law That Never Was the 16th amendment.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Quote:

Thinking "Zero Tolerance" policies are good. Also:

Ugh. Can we just *** not? Some Texas people can't take the jokes...

I won't name names, but it rhymes with SchmingSchmobuddy
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-02-02 11:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kermit? A piddly ***town in the middle of nowhere in the panhandle? Not surprised.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Kermit? A piddly ***town in the middle of nowhere in the panhandle? Not surprised.

I see how it is.

Us simple country folk don't know nothin', no how, eh?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

I see how it is.

Us simple country folk don't know nothin', no how, eh?

Next you'll say that people from piddly ***towns in the middle of the Pennsylvania forest don't know anything either!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 12:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

#hillbilliesagainstbigcityprejudice
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-02-02 12:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

#suburbanupturnednosersunite

I'm sorry!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-02 12:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a simple country folk ! And that's the way we likes it !

LOTR is the work of the devil.

"I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend's existence," Steward told the News. "If he did, I'm sure he'd bring him right back."
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry!

s'ok.

now I know how you really feel.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 12:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to update your avatar with Katy Perry's hot dog on a stick/beach ball boobies dress.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

#suburbanupturnednosersunite

I'm sorry!

Why... I never! HURUMPPPH!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
You need to update your avatar with Katy Perry's hot dog on a stick/beach ball boobies dress.

I'll get right on that after I eat lunch & find this *** accounting error.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
LOTR is the work of the devil.

Which is funny, given JRRT was a devout Catholic and saw his work as clear allegory for the Bible.

Luckily, it can be interpreted in far, far, FAR more awesome ways.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

find this *** accounting error

Be sure to have it taken behind the shed and beat with a hose.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-02 12:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Found this interesting video

Quote:
Asura.Kingnobody said:

Apparently we do.

As the kind person asked what should americans do? Well a good thing would be to stop voting for republicans and democrats and take control back for the people and by the people. I know this may be hard for a lot of you to believe, but we need common sense representation from folks who are not millionaires or billionaires. These millionaires and billionaires in office are the ones not living in reality.
So, how again is this the president's fault? And how again does this fit into the current situation with ISIS, when ISIS did not exist in 2003?

And how does any of this have anything to do with anything other than showing how corrupt the FDA was (at that time)?

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
rp&r page 213 Let Freedom Reign
rp&r page 216 The Law That Never Was the 16th amendment.

This is not your blog, and you don't have to continue doing ***like this. Nobody cares what is on page 213 or 216.

I won't name names, but it rhymes with SchmingSchmobuddy
Singing Snowbuddy?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-02 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

find this *** accounting error.
hire a bookkeeper/accountant to do that ***for you.

Don't look at me, I'm over your cost range.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-02 12:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dedicate this to Lordgrim, Charlo, etc.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
find this *** accounting error.
hire a bookkeeper/accountant to do that ***for you.

Don't look at me, I'm certifiable, not certified .
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't look at me, I'm over your cost range.

That's what she said.

BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 1375 1376 1377