Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 12:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've thought for some time part of the issue was self-loathing, kind of explains a few things.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-31 12:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, to be fair, he's begun to distance himself from those who take extreme right wing stances, that ultimately hurt the conservative movement, and is starting to lean more centrist. Accepting certain liberal ideologies with a conservative mind.

An example would be his stance that while he's not gay, he has no issue with those that are, nor does he deny them the same rights a hetero couple would have. That said, he also feels that if a church doesn't wish to be a part of the ceremony of holy union, they shouldn't be forced to participate, or discriminated against for refusing to do so.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-31 12:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Well, to be fair, he's begun to distance himself from those who take extreme right wing stances, that ultimately hurt the conservative movement, and is starting to lean more centrist. Accepting certain liberal ideologies with a conservative mind.

An example would be his stance that while he's not gay, he has no issue with those that are, nor does he deny them the same rights a hetero couple would have. That said, he also feels that if a church doesn't wish to be a part of the ceremony of holy union, they shouldn't be forced to participate, or discriminated against for refusing to do so.
I don't believe anyone is attempting to legislate that religions/religious institutions must perform services for same-sex couples.
What they are attempting to point out is that having "marriages" vs "civil unions" is fodder for separate but equal arguments, and marriage licenses convey secular benefits/rights/responsibilities.

If marriage had no secular impact, I doubt anyone would care.

As a side note, religious institutions must recognize that hiring practices are governed by the state, and comply accordingly with discrimination laws with regards to employment, or otherwise face the consequences.

*edit: by anyone, meaning non-whacko
By Blazed1979 2015-01-31 13:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats crazy about "texas belongs to followers of Jesus christ and Muslims should go back home" is that muslims BELIEVE and FOLLOW Jesus Christ lol....its one of the 'pillars' on which the faith is built on...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-31 13:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Related, I guess: New Pew Research Center surveys of citizens and a representative sample of scientists connected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) show powerful crosscurrents that both recognize the achievements of scientists and expose stark fissures between scientists and citizens on a range of science, engineering and technology issues.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-31 13:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, King is starting to sound a lot more like pleebo.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-31 20:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, what did I do to piss you off where you have to insult me so?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-31 20:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
you stopped acting like the a "Krazy Konservative"

Edit: You both gave predictable responses, although Pleebo's use of Jessica Walters is better.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-31 21:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you stopped acting like the a "Krazy Konservative"

Edit: You both gave predictable responses, although Pleebo's use of Jessica Walters is better.
I didn't see Pleebo's response until after I posted mine, I try to backread before posting -.-
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-31 22:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I still am not seeing the Pleebo/King connection. I have no idea what was trying to be conveyed there.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 23:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I still am not seeing the Pleebo/King connection. I have no idea what was trying to be conveyed there.
Give it time, but then you still probably won't see it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-31 23:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
^ What is Jet's favorite thing to say in the bedroom?

Next I'll take "Potent Potables" for $100, Alex.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-31 23:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 23:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jetackuu said: »
^ What is Jet's favorite thing to say in the bedroom?

Next I'll take "Potent Potables" for $100, Alex.
bazinga
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-01 01:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Related, I guess: New Pew Research Center surveys of citizens and a representative sample of scientists connected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) show powerful crosscurrents that both recognize the achievements of scientists and expose stark fissures between scientists and citizens on a range of science, engineering and technology issues.
Hmm.. Pew Research, sounds religious to me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-01 12:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Serbia has granted citizenship to a key political rival of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas after he pledged millions of dollars in investments from the Emirates, where he has lived in exile, Serbian officials said Sunday.

Serbia's Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic said that former Fatah party strongman Mohammed Dahlan, whom Abbas fired in a power struggle, was given the citizenship in 2013. His wife, four children, a relative and five Palestinian supporters were also given Serbian passports.

The 53-year-old Dahlan, a former Abbas' aide and Gaza security chief, was once seen as Yasser Arafat's heir apparent. He was kicked out of Fatah in 2011 after Abbas accused him of corruption and hinted he may have been involved in Arafat's death.

Dahlan was sentenced in absentia by a West Bank court to two years jail in 2014 on defamation and slander charges because he alleged in an interview that Palestinian security forces help protect Israeli settlers in the occupied territories.

Dahlan later said in a statement that the ruling was politically motivated and was meant to block him from competing in internal elections in Abbas' Fatah movement and in future general elections.

Dahlan, who turned into a businessman in exile, has promised millions of dollars of investments from the Emirates to Serbia. The Balkan country's government can secretly grant citizenships to foreigners when it sees the individuals can serve special state interests.

Dacic said that Dahlan was not given the citizenship on political grounds, but due to the economic relations with the Emirates.

"When Dahlan was in Serbia, we spoke only about relations with the United Arab Emirates," Dacic said. "Internal Palestinian issues were not on the agenda."

In December, thousands of Dahlan supporters protested against Abbas in the Gaza Strip amid reports that corruption charges involving millions of dollars will be filed against the former security chief.
Serbia grants citizenship to main rival of Palestine leader
By Blazed1979 2015-02-01 14:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Native American Council Offers Amnesty to 240 Million Undocumented Whites

Haha!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 16:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Native American Council Offers Amnesty to 240 Million Undocumented Whites

Haha!!
From the same editors who also publishes The Onion.

I supposed the onion is a legitimate news source for you too, huh?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 16:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This joke is also older than time itself. I've seen this particular variation on the theme at least half a dozen times in the past 10 years.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
This joke is also older than time itself. I've seen this particular variation on the theme at least half a dozen times in the past 10 years.
Problem is, blazed didn't realize it and posted it as "news"
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love "The Onion."
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 17:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Problem is, blazed didn't realize it and posted it as "news"
I know. And I'd've mocked him for it but the little wimp blacklisted me.

It's funny, I've largely been trying to stay civil and use language appropriate to what I mean rather than what I feel and I've managed to score at least three blacklist entries in the past few weeks. It's very telling.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 17:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he blacklisted most people on threads that disagree with him. Which shows how open-minded he is, and how sad his opinions are....
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 18:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he blacklisted most people on threads that disagree with him. Which shows how open-minded he is, and how sad his opinions are....

I only have one person on this forum Blacklisted, but being as you seem to share a lot of my opinions.. I'm confused.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 18:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

I only have one person on this forum Blacklisted, but being as you seem to share a lot of my opinions.. I'm confused.
We were talking about Blazed, not you.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 18:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO

Way to over-play your hand there, buddy. Got a guilty conscience?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 18:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We were talking about Blazed, not you.

lol.. I just realized the person I have blacklisted is the person you are talking too.. /laugh
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-02 01:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
After half a decade of growing ever sleepier, the currency market has started the year with its most volatile period since 2011. As the victims of the Swiss franc detonation lick their wounds, Denmark is battling to avoid its krone becoming the next victim of the global currency wars, wielding a combination of negative interest rates plus market interventions to sell its own currency plus scrapping government bond sales as it defends its peg to the euro. I've seen this movie before; it never ends well.
Currency War Claims Another Casualty: Denmark
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-02 02:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the child needs to be expelled.. Being a racist terrorist that drew a picture of a pregnant woman and all.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/1/7960307/fourth-grader-suspended-lord-of-the-rings

Quote:
A fourth-grader in west Texas has been suspended, his father says, because he pretended to have a ring like the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings canon, and said it could make a classmate disappear.

This isn't his son's first scrape with authority; the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman. The family moved to the school district six months ago.

Suspended for all these thing! Why exactly do parents put up with this?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-02 02:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft, I know I would've expelled him. Can't have ringwraiths just barging into the school all willy-nilly.

Edit: I was having trouble finding a good ringwraith pic, so this picture of the local schoolboard will have to do:
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 1375 1376 1377