Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 56 57 58
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 14:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Working in the restaurant business i can say that gay couples tend to tip better, so refusing to cater a wedding for a gay couple is bad business....money is money. Perhaps the owner should consider opening up a branch in North Korea (and yes, wtf order pizza for their marriage)
Clearly you've never had one of these:

By fonewear 2015-04-01 14:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Working in the restaurant business i can say that gay couples tend to tip better, so refusing to cater a wedding for a gay couple is bad business....money is money. Perhaps the owner should consider opening up a branch in North Korea (and yes, wtf order pizza for their marriage)

My blood pressure increased just looking at that !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 14:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I love pizza, but that picture is seriously making me doubt that previously-well-established fact.

That looks absolutely disgusting.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-04-01 14:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

No thanks i'm not really a big fan of monsanto soy fed pork and rubber cheese with no taste aside of salt. 1/20 of that and i'd be stuffed for the rest of the day.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubber cheese: That's my fetish !
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-04-01 14:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Rubber cheese: That's my fetish !
Damn right! if i want rubber i'd go for a ***!
maybe that gay couple only wanted to order pizza for their cheese-rubber-***-wedding-afterparty :)
(dont ask me how i got from point A to point B)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

dont ask me how i got from point A to point B
That was definitely my first question.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 14:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

To get to point B you must first overcome your fear of attachment to the letter A.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 14:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) compared President Barack Obama to Andreas Lubitz, the pilot who downed the Germanwings airliner that crashed in the French Alps last week.

In a Tuesday Facebook post, Bachmann said Obama was like Lubitz because of the U.S.'s nuclear talks with Iran:

With his Iran deal, Barack Obama is for the 300 million souls of the United States what Andreas Lubitz was for the 150 souls on the German Wings flight - a deranged pilot flying his entire nation into the rocks. After the fact, among the smoldering remains of American cities, the shocked survivors will ask, why did he do it?

A French prosecutor said recordings from the airplane's black box suggest Lubitz brought the plane down deliberately. Lufthansa, the parent company of Germanwings, said in a statement Tuesday it knew Lubitz had suffered from an episode of "severe depression" before he finished his training with the company.

All 150 people on board the Germanwings flight died in the crash, including 144 passengers and six crew members.
Michele Bachmann Compares Obama To Andreas Lubitz, Pilot Who Downed Germanwings Airliner
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming airplane feels !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 15:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

monsanto

90% of people who get angry about Monsanto are angry about the wrong thing.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-04-01 15:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense. What better way to make everybody else gay too than by spreading your gay germs to as many people as you can. Gayness works that way doesn't it?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 15:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming airplane feels !

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Makes sense. What better way to make everybody else gay too than by spreading your gay germs to as many people as you can. Gayness works that way doesn't it?

Gay warfare ?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 15:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Gay warfare ?

Looks like we have the next CoD title.

Finally a FPS that has an honest title ! Can we add jet packs and a dog too ?
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-01 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
As Chaos mentioned before... who the hell gets pizza for their weddings? Why would they even publicly state this? lol...

That's kind of the thing, isn't it? They've gone out of their way to express their "Christian" sentiment (which, in fact, isn't even that; Christ was pretty big on inclusion and loving everyone...).

What they've essentially said is "none of them gays should eat here."

Christ was accepting of people, not their behavior. You know, the whole "go and sin no more" that people tend to leave off. He would eat with them and whatnot, not because he was accepting of their wrongful behavior, but because he wanted to help them rid themselves of such wrongful behavior. Jesus would not support a gay wedding.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 15:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming Atheist rage !
[+]
 Asura.Emoneaone
Server: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2015-04-01 16:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

Christ was accepting of people, not their behavior. You know, the whole "go and sin no more" that people tend to leave off. He would eat with them and whatnot, not because he was accepting of their wrongful behavior, but because he wanted to help them rid themselves of such wrongful behavior. Jesus would not support a gay wedding.

Protey nailed it here. These folks believe that having their business participate in a ceremony that condones/promotes sinful behavior is itself sinful behavior. They aren't saying they won't serve homosexual clients who come in to eat like anyone else. Just that they won't assist in an activity that promotes what they view as a sin. Same would be true for a polygamist marriage. Same would be true for knowingly providing refreshments to a Black Sabbath. Their religious convictions are that folks should not participate in sin, but strive not to sin. Why can't we have tolerance for those with deeply held beliefs, just as those of the "other side" want tolerance for theirs?
By charlo999 2015-04-01 16:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As Chaos mentioned before... who the hell gets pizza for their weddings? Why would they even publicly state this? lol...

That's kind of the thing, isn't it? They've gone out of their way to express their "Christian" sentiment (which, in fact, isn't even that; Christ was pretty big on inclusion and loving everyone...).

So providing food or eating with people is supporting their sin?
You even quote Jesus as suggesting it's not. As we know Jesus was without sin.

These people aren't Jesus or God. We are instructed to love and help each other and not judge each other, especially your enemies, because no one is without sin. He who has not sinned cast the first stone.
This means sin is a personal thing between a person and God, not between mankind and mankind.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-01 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »

These people aren't Jesus or God. We are instructed to love and help each other and not judge each other because no one is without sin. He who has not sinned cast the first stone.
This means sin is a personal thing between a person and God, not between mankind and mankind.

"love and help each other" does not include accepting wrongful behavior. And although we are not Jesus, we are called upon to follow in his footsteps. Which means sin is not a personal thing between a person and God, we are to help ourselves and others rid themselves of sin.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-01 16:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus died to have authority over everyone's sin. He now alone holds the keys. No person can rid themselves of sin. Only God through Jesus can rid your sin. Have you read the bible. Salvation is a gift of mercy not of any persons doing.

Following in his footsteps is what it means, a personal message. He doesn't say force others to follow. Just love them but not let them influence your own path. It's not your duty to 'turn' them. That's gods responsibility.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-01 16:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Providing food in itself is not. Providing food for the purpose of celebrating sin is.

Think of it this way: you can provide cake as food to have dinner with people in jail. you can provide cake as food with a file in it that aids them in escape. see the difference? the first is merely providing sustenance that we all need to live. the other is supporting wrongful behavior. so back to providers of food: they should provide food that everyone needs to live, but they shouldn't be required to provide food that aids in wrongful behavior.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-01 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Providing food in itself is not. Providing food for the purpose of celebrating sin is.

Think of it this way: you can provide cake as food to have dinner with people in jail. you can provide cake as food with a file in it that aids them in escape. see the difference? the first is merely providing sustenance that we all need to live. the other is supporting wrongful behavior. so back to providers of food: they should provide food that everyone needs to live, but they shouldn't be required to provide food that aids in wrongful behavior.

This is the worst analogy ever. Are you suggesting they would provide food with strap Ons or a box of anal beads?
You can provide food but still not agree with sin.
By fonewear 2015-04-01 16:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I leave for a bit and you start with the anal beads !
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-01 17:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus died to have authority over everyone's sin. He now alone holds the keys. No person can rid themselves of sin. Only God through Jesus can rid your sin. Have you read the bible. Salvation is a gift of mercy not of any persons doing.

Following in his footsteps is what it means a personal message. He doesn't say force others to follow. Just love them but not let them influence your own path. It's not your duty to 'turn' them. That's gods responsibility.

Yes I have read the Bible, have you? A person rids themselves of sin through choosing the belief of Jesus and God. It is a gift of mercy from God, but it also is of people's doing. If you do not choose to accept Jesus and God, you aren't going to have salvation.

where do I say force people to follow? we are supposed to aid others to help them rid them of their sins as part of loving one another by helping them to believe in Jesus and God. It is our duty to turn them. We are called upon to help others "see the light" and turn toward God through Jesus.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-01 17:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the worst analogy ever. Are you suggesting they would provide food with strap Ons or a box of anal beads?
You can provide food but still not agree with sin.

And you can provide food but not put two men or two women figurines getting married on top.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-01 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I leave for a bit and you start with the anal beads !
Let's just hope they aren't used already...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-01 17:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Jesus would care about gay wedding cakes but that is just a hunch...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-01 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Jesus would care about gay wedding cakes but that is just a hunch...
Guy's dead, I don't think he really gives a ***about anything, literally....
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 56 57 58