Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 56 57 58
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-18 23:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Israeli electorate had a choice to make. By re-electing a leader who publicly reneged on his commitments to peace and a two-state solution, they voted against peace. What remains now is how the Palestinians and the world will react to the closure of the charade that was called the peace process.

Palestinians have for years lost hope in the peace process and have been telling everyone who is willing to listen that the Israeli leaders are merely giving lip service to it as their own bulldozers were gobbling up Palestinian lands. The world kept on believing in the lip service until the Israeli public forced their leader to state his case in Hebrew to his own people. Now that we know that Israel is not a democracy to all its citizens (see Netanyahu's racist comments about Arab citizens) and Netanyahu never meant his commitment to a Palestinian state, the world must react.

The vote by the Israeli public has sealed the fate of Mahmoud Abbas who had placed his bets on the peace process and the support of the international community. The 79-year-old will certainly set the stage for a new generation of Palestinian leaders during the upcoming seventh congress of Fatah. But in the meantime he has been given a mandate to follow-up on efforts to ostracize Israeli internationally while suspending security cooperation.

The efforts by the UN's non-member state of Palestine to pursue Israel in the International Criminal Court must now be seen as a positive nonviolent act that is much kinder to Israel than what should happen to an occupying power. Instead of criticizing Palestine, the US and other western countries must praise the actions of Mahmoud Abbas as a moderate peaceful alternative to various offers of resistance.

Abbas's efforts to go to the ICC have been recently approved by the Palestinian Central Council, which also approved the need to suspend security cooperation with Israel. Palestinians have for years made life easy to its occupiers by providing intelligence and security cooperation to thwart any efforts to resist the illegal occupation of its territories and the colonial settlement of its lands.
World No Longer Bound to Defend Israel Internationally
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 10:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Syria's Piano Man Sings The Stories Of The War
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-20 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR White women problems ~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sasha-bronner/why-it-sucks-going-to-the-bank-as-a-woman_b_6906972.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

"Men do not take me seriously, so I have to act like a ***."

This is what I texted my mother after leaving the bank today.

I am a 30-year-old editor at The Huffington Post and I am in escrow on a condo in Los Angeles. I have gone into the bank numerous times recently needing the simplest of things -- some copies of statements and general proof of funds. I have been banking here for half of my life.

But when I left today, I walked out feeling shocked. My cheeks were flushed with anger. My jaw was set tightly in disbelief.

"Oh, you're a journalist? You're so pretty," the male banker said, within minutes of my sitting down. (Two weeks ago, a different banker told me that I didn't look like a writer.)

Instead of addressing why I am not able to access a statement I need or explain why something was mishandled last week, today, he told me, "Oh you just weren't working with me!" and, "You were just with the wrong guy!"

The arrogance of the male bankers I've sat across from at this branch is alarming. Last week, a young banker in a gray suit and slicked-back hair spent over 30 minutes trying to figure out how to close down an account. I spent the time checking my work emails.

After I asked him what was going on, he begrudgingly called customer service on the phone and had them walk him through it. At one point, he asked me if my husband had my loan information. I am not married, nor do I wear a ring.

When I asked him why I couldn't access my statement online, instead of getting someone to help, he said, "That's just how your account is set up." He offered no solution.

But he did assure me that he had it under control and that everything would be fixed. He said not to worry in a clipped tone -- like I was inconveniencing him by asking more questions he didn't know the answers to.

Today when I went back and dealt with someone new -- another male banker in his 30s -- he put me through the same runaround as last week. Maybe they are given a script. "Don't worry, I will fix it. I am fixing it right now," the new guy told me. When I pointed out that this is exactly what was said last week, he again told me not to worry.

I'm starting to notice that male bankers love to tell women not to worry. Don't worry that your statement isn't showing up. Don't worry that this isn't working online. I will be the one to fix it.

When I gave him a short list of things I needed today, he actually told me that he didn't think I needed those things.

After complaining to my older brother about how I am been treated at the bank -- like a teenage girl, I told him -- he asked, "Do you want me to go with you?"

It's a genuine question. He would go with me and he would use a stern voice and ensure, like an older brother should, that his little sister is being treated right.

But of course I don't want to bring him to the bank with me. Unmarried women have been able to own and control their own property since the 1850s.

I want to be able to go to the bank without him -- or without the husband I don't yet have -- and get the documents I need to buy a house. On my own.

So, in order to be taken seriously, I have to act like a ***. I have to make my voice sharper and I have to speak in shorter sentences. I smile less.

"Oh come on, why aren't you getting your loan through us?" the flirtatious banker asked me today.

I have to tell him that I don't want to come in tomorrow and ask for the same things to be fixed. I have to remind him that these simple issues were supposed to have been handled last week. I tell him that's why I'm not getting my loan with him.

I don't bring up the fact that he looked me up and down when I shook his hand or that he assumed I was freelance and didn't have a salaried job.

And the worst part is this: The shift in my demeanor happens naturally, like blinking or breathing. It's second nature for women to switch into bitchy, bossy, don't-***-with-me-mode, because how often are we spoken to differently than the man standing next to us?

How often do I have to raise my voice to be taken seriously?

How acutely attuned are we to the way a man looks at the hem of our dress or the cut of our neckline?

And I don't feel good about myself when I leave a place of business acting like a ***. I wonder: When men ask for what they want, do they constantly think about if they sound rude or aggressive or demanding? Women do.

Would it have made a difference if I didn't wear makeup today?

Would it have been any different if I wore sweats instead of a dress and heels?

I have been a customer at this bank since I was 16 years old. I remember walking into the branch up the hill from my high school in 2001 and opening my first checking and savings account. I remember I wore my volleyball team sweats and came straight after practice.

I also remember how proud I felt when I left the bank, holding a shiny new card with my name on it.

Back then, I probably didn't notice if they treated me like I didn't know what I was doing -- because I actually didn't know what I was doing.

But what's their excuse now?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-20 14:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I am a 30-year-old editor at The Huffington Post
There's the problem right there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-20 15:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
women problems
There's your problem[s].
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-20 15:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I taught you well my brothers !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-23 14:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samantha-matt/10-struggles-of-having-big-thighs_b_6797018.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

I'd assume this doesn't have words !

We all come in different shapes and sizes. Some of us are tall. Some of us are short. Some of us are D cups. Some of us are A cups. And, of course, some of us have small thighs... and some of us have big thighs.

Maybe you got your thighs from years of dance and other activities in which you constantly were doing exercises to make your legs stronger... or maybe you were born with it. Whatever the case, you've got thighs.

Here are 10 struggles every lady with strong thighs probably understands:

1. Your pants always fall down so by default, you hate pants. You need to buy a size that fits your thighs, which means the pants will be way too big everywhere else, and you'll end up pulling them up alllll day long. Not even a belt can save you.

2. Rompers? Nahhhh. Those are obviously just for tall people with lanky legs.

3. Wearing shorts. Just the act of wearing shorts in general is terrifying to you. In order to find shorts that actually fit around your thighs without cutting off your circulation, you have to go up a size, which is just not OK. Same goes for spandex shorts... or soffee shorts. Soffee shorts were OK, though, because they left room for your thighs to breathe as long as, again, you went a size up. Thank god for the invention of high-wasted yoga pants.

4. Chaffing. A thigh gap was never in the cards for you, so your thighs touch each other when in shorts or a dress... and they chafe. They chafe so bad. Just thinking about the rash that will appear on your inner thighs when summer rolls around makes you cringe. Help.

5. Running. Due to chafing and the constant slapping of your thighs against one another, running can get real annoying, real fast.

6. You often find yourself comparing your thighs to thighs of the opposite sex. And when a guy has smaller thighs than you (which is pretty standard), you immediately want to curl up in a ball.

7. Bikinis. Even if the rest of your body is tiny and fit, exposing your bare thighs to the world is still your nightmare. And finding the perfect bottoms? It's not easy. It's actually the worst.

8. The "Hot Dogs or Legs" Game. Your thighs will never look like hot dogs, no matter what Instagram filter you use. Turkey sausage, on the other hand...

Look at it this way, most would prefer turkey sausage over hot dogs nowadays, right?

9. Crossing your legs. The bigger the thighs, the harder it is to cross your legs. This is the ultimate big thigh struggle. Even if you CAN cross your legs, chances are it's not comfortable. The real struggle: When you want to cross your legs, but there is a surface (for example, a table) stopping you from doing so because you need to lift your leg higher than that surface. Also, deciding what to do with your legs at a job interview. Or any time you're wearing a dress. The struggle is real, people.

10. Waiting for thighs to have their moment. Big butts had a moment. Big boobs had a moment. Even big arms had a moment (or are having a moment). What about big thighs?! When are they going to have a moment? Let's start a motion!

No matter your size, you should embrace your body and flaunt when you got. And if what you got is thighs, then you should be proud to flaunt them. After all, thick thighs are strong thighs, and strong IS the new skinny.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-23 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunder thighs!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-23 15:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary couldn't be reached for comment...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 20:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My daughter shared quite an extraordinary experience ...

"Mommy! Guess what happened last night? I saw three ANGELS!!! I woke up last night and there they were...watching me! One was tall and skinny and she was up on the curtains, another was on the other side of the curtains and she was smiling like the skinny angel. Then there was a little one that was kind of chubby sitting with her legs criss-cross applesauce on my stuffed animal bin! She was so cute, mom! She had a little look like she was going to giggle. They were all white but you could see through them. They were all looking at me and kept smiling, and I smiled back. Then, when I woke up this morning, the angels were gone."

Angels. My baby saw angels.

What we can't see, what we can't feel, and what we can't quite understand... we live to embrace. Most of us walk in faith, believing in all we can't see, feel, or understand. We search for purpose and protection, while we find peace in knowing we are cared for and loved by an Almighty Powerful God. And yet there are others whose withered souls fear those deep waters, so they build blind barriers of protection that keep them safe and buoyant while floating atop the unknown. They too, must yearn for understanding and search in secret...

Is there really a Heavenly Father? Do Angels watch over me? Am I loved and cared for by an Omnipotent Creator?

We hear of stories... divine encounters that exalt Heavenly Realms in some way, connecting far beyond our own existence. We listen or read about these experiences with the awe and curiosity of a child, and perhaps we doubt the reality as an adult. Our world is rich in questions, only to find emptiness and echoes of silent answers. We pursue evidence, and oftentimes get lost in the dark swirling reasoning of why and how. Is it real? Is it true? Do I believe?

Is there A Living God?

Don't we long for something tangible? Do we sometimes wonder in the corner of our thoughts, if all the glory and divine power and majesty of the Heavens is open to all? Or even open at all...

If only we could put our hands in His Side. (John 20:27)

My daughter has been told countless times, how her Father in Heaven loves and cherishes His beloved children. Much of her life has been immersed in learning of His Grace and His Glory. I have shared precious details of His Hand guiding every step of her glorious and miraculous journey. She has grown to believe.

And now she has seen His Angels...

I told her to write down exactly what she saw. She resisted with a whiny "Aw mom, why do I have to do that?" As if it was a torturous homework assignment. She doesn't get it. She doesn't realize that in that wondrous night, she experienced what most would never live to see in a lifetime. She was witness to the miracle of knowing, not just believing. She was blessed with an astounding truth to behold.

And as time passes, and the world sucks her in and swirls her around into questioning and doubting...

As she grows older and her faith withers and her hope fails to see, to believe, to understand what is mighty in power and miraculous in wonder...

When she narrows her vision to only what she sees and feels and understands...

There will come a time, when she will remember that night long ago, when she saw three angels smiling at her. She will realize she was witness to something extraordinary in a life of ordinary.

And she will know.

And perhaps?

She will believe.
For Those Who Don't Believe...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-31 14:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/27/feminist-ben-and-jerrys-flavors-amanda-mccall_n_6956242.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Tastes like : invasion of privacy/data mining !

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-31 16:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
President Barack Obama commuted the sentences of 22 individuals on Tuesday, more than doubling the number of commutations he has issued in the six-plus years he's been in office.

The men and women granted the reprieves had been imprisoned under an "outdated sentencing regime," the administration concluded. Eight of the 22 inmates had been sentenced to life imprisonment and would have died behind bars.

Leading up to Tuesday's announcement, the president has tried to revamp his administration's approach to clemency, telling The Huffington Post in a recent interview that he felt recipients should more broadly reflect the entire applicant pool and not lean toward well-connected white-collar criminals. Those granted clemency on Tuesday were all sentenced to jail for intent to distribute an illegal drug, with 14 of those cases involving possession or distribution of cocaine.

"Had they been sentenced under current laws and policies, many of these individuals would have already served their time and paid their debt to society," White House counsel Neil Eggleston said in a statement shared in advance with The Huffington Post. "Because many were convicted under an outdated sentencing regime, they served years -- in some cases more than a decade -- longer than individuals convicted today of the same crime."

The president sent a letter to each of the commutation recipients encouraging them to take advantage of their post-prison opportunity. An administration official said that this was the first time Obama has sent such letters during his presidency.

"I am granting your application because you have demonstrated the potential to turn your life around. Now it is up to you to make the most of this opportunity. It will not be easy, and you will confront many who doubt people with criminal records can change. Perhaps even you are unsure of how you will adjust to your new circumstances," the letter reads. "But remember that you have the capacity to make good choices. By doing so, you will affect not only your own life, but those close to you. You will also influence, through your example, the possibility that others in your circumstances get their own second chance in the future."

Tuesday's announcement marks the beginning of a more aggressive approach on clemency from the White House, which has faced persistent criticism for being slow to grant pardons and commutations. Until Tuesday, Obama had only commuted the sentences of 21 people and pardoned 64, out of thousands of applications received.

The Justice Department expanded its criteria for clemency applicants last year, prioritizing defendants who would have likely been given a shorter prison term had they been sentenced today and who have served at least 10 years behind bars, have had good conduct in prison, have no significant ties to criminal enterprises and have no history of violence or significant criminal history.

Advocates for greater clemency have argued that Obama should follow through on the underlying principles of the 2010 Fair Sentencing Act that he himself signed, which reduced the disparity in federal treatment of crimes involving crack cocaine and cocaine powder. Tuesday's commutations suggest those advocates are being heard.

One of the prisoners whose sentence was commuted, Francis Darrell Hayden, had been sentenced to life in prison for growing marijuana back in 2002. Another, Donel Clark, was sentenced in 1994 and told The Huffington Post he had taken a job as a crack “cook” in his friend’s kitchen to support his family.
Obama Commutes 22 Drug Sentences, Instantly Doubling The Number Of Commutations He's Issued
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 11:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

First cakes, now pizza.

Indiana's Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Vow To Reject Gay Couples

The wedding industrial complex is out to get you!

Quote:
It was around this time that I had an epiphany: The wedding industrial complex was going to do everything in its power to convince me I needed to lose weight. And it would take every ounce of will I had to not let it.
Why I Won't Be Losing Weight For My Wedding

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 12:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Indiana's Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Vow To Reject Gay Couples

I didn't know gay couples were ordering pizza for their weddings!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-01 12:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Face the liberal wrath of..... bad yelp reviews!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-01 12:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

How is it related to liberals?

This business just publicly announced their support for the Indiana law. Everyone posting a phony review dated today or yesterday is piling onto the myths and misinformation surrounding the narrative.

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You would think Nausi would be all about the free market exercising their freedom to not buy their food at an establishment with business policies with which they disagree, and to spread their opinion of such an establishment's poor service.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-01 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This business just publicly announced their support for the Indiana law. Everyone posting a phony review dated today or yesterday is piling onto the myths and misinformation surrounding the narrative.

But what do liberals have to do with this? Or are you saying not a single republican could be ok with gay marriage?

Generally, yes. Generally no one who really believes in the first amendment, believes it should be suspended when its practice hurts someone's else's feelings.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-01 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
You would think Nausi would be all about the free market exercising their freedom to not buy their food at an establishment with business policies with which they disagree, and to spread their opinion of such an establishment's poor service.

Hey, yelp away bro. Bring that liberal hammer of "social justice" down on them as hard as you want. There's no justice like angry mob justice after all.

Just remember to crucify Bill Clinton while your at it, cause you know he signed the first RFRA bill 20 years ago. Or I suppose you could continue to be a puppet, feigning the latest selective outrage as your overlords command.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-01 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

But what do liberals have to do with this? Or are you saying not a single republican could be ok with gay marriage?

Generally, yes. Generally no one who really believes in the first amendment, believes it should be suspended when its practice hurts someone's else's feelings.

So it has nothing to do with liberals.
No it has everything to do with liberals.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-01 12:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know there are conservatives that have come out in opposition to this law as well right?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 12:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A conservative, okay with homosexuals?

UNPOSSIBLE, SIR! FIGHTING WORDS, THOSE ARE!
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-01 12:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You do know there are conservatives that have come out in opposition to this law as weel right?

Those aren't real conservatives.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-01 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
With fake reviews over a service they don't provide (pizza weddings aren't real for this place)?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 56 57 58