Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 14:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Sure it was.

Pretty sure Rav won't answer it if he was here. He straight up tells you he won't answer difficult questions rather than dodge them like fone is doing.

Does anyone here have any doubt in their mind that the answer is a resounding 'no' from all of them. Sit there and claim that you love babies so much, but if they ever need anything from you, you kick them to the curb. Maybe the lot of you should come to terms with what your conservatism actually means so you would stop feeling so uneasy about it when faced with difficult questions.
Republicans never really take the position of hating babies. It's a slant put on the situation. Many republicans do many things for young children and their development. Their fiscal policies take the tone of "personal responsibility" which is that once it's out, other than emergency care, it should be your own responsibility to take care of the kid. simplification of course. While these stances do tend to put kids in the cross hairs for the sins of their parents its just a stance and not as radical as some would want it to seem.

You stomping in on the corpse of dead children to try and make a point to serve your agenda really shows how much you care about children or their passing though... this had nothing to do with republicans or democrats but most likely and unstable woman with problems that I could never understand.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 14:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Republicans never really take the position of hating babies. It's a slant put on the situation. Many republicans do many things for young children and their development. Their fiscal policies take the tone of "personal responsibility" which is that once it's out, other than emergency care, it should be your own responsibility to take care of the kid. simplification of course. While these stances do tend to put kids in the cross hairs for the sins of their parents its just a stance and not as radical as some would want it to seem.
I'm glad somebody gets it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 14:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I ever have kids I don't think I'll use them to further prove a political point. I'd be too busy trying to you know raise them.

Hoping they turn out better than me.

Maybe if this woman cared less about drugs and more about being a mother she could have done something with her life.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-14 14:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Well I guess. Maybe I should visit this place...

I've never dated a meth head but I guess I could try it out...
Have you ever had toothless?
You can get a woman to wrap her lips around her teeth. Essentially the same thing.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-14 14:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice spin.

"Many republicans" blah blah. I'm not interested in what a few people do, which is what you're feeding me. I'm interested in what the republican policy is. Piggy backing of the few who are still sane in the republican party so you can say there's nothing wrong with your mainstream insane policy is more than disgusting.

Answer the question. If a baby is in need of food/clothing/shelter and eventually education, should it receive government aid.

We all know the answer. The answer is that republicans think we should let the baby starve. It'd be nice if you lot could just be honest about your ideology rather than duck behind pretty phrases like 'personal responsibility'.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-14 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not interested in what a few people do
Then asking the opinion of anybody in this thread is pointless, as they are quite literally "a few people" and do not represent the Republican policy as a whole. I get that you're just looking for an argument, but could you at least pretend that you're willing to listen?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Well I guess. Maybe I should visit this place...

I've never dated a meth head but I guess I could try it out...
Have you ever had toothless?
You can get a woman to wrap her lips around her teeth. Essentially the same thing.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 15:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice spin.

"Many republicans" blah blah. I'm not interested in what a few people do, which is what you're feeding me. I'm interested in what the republican policy is. Piggy backing of the few who are still sane in the republican party so you can say there's nothing wrong with your mainstream insane policy is more than disgusting.

Answer the question. If a baby is in need of food/clothing/shelter and eventually education, should it receive government aid.

We all know the answer. The answer is that republicans think we should let the baby starve. It'd be nice if you lot could just be honest about your ideology rather than duck behind pretty phrases like 'personal responsibility'.
You are only interested in what a few people do. You specifically attack specific situations and try to blow them as out of proportion as you can to make it look the way you want it to. You don't care about the average republican or even the average republican politician you care about advancing your agenda.

Then you put specific restrictions on a single question to try and get the answer you want. There's more to the situation then just one answer to one question and when that answer is given in full context even you may see it a different way.

Keep in mind that the pendulum swings both ways and both parties tend to treat each other similarly so yeah... Might be you in that chair one day answering very specific questions with no right answer and trying to avoid it.

It's quite entertaining to take the opposite stance and watch the ***fly but if you were actually concerned about getting answers and addressing the situation you would approach it in a much different manner with a different tone.

Edit: Also, I'd disagree with you in that the republican base would say let em starve.

I do agree that the whole "personal responsibility" phrase is a bunch of garbage, not because people shouldn't be as personally responsible as they can but because it's used as a shitty buzz word to throw ***at other people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 15:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice spin.

Does that mean that I can make blanket statements for every democrat out there?
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-14 15:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said: »
Then asking the opinion of anybody in this thread is pointless
FFXIAH P&R threads summed up in 11 words.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a blanket but I enjoy making blanket statements.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-14 15:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

they are quite literally "a few people" and do not represent the Republican policy as a whole

Context is a thing. Because because they share similar words, that does not me...

You know, you're too stupid for me to finish that sentence.

Flavin, you should try and become a politician. Your ability to dodge a question while sounding good is amazing, I have to give you credit for that.

But none of that changes the fact that this specific question makes right-wingers look bad, which is why no one wants to answer the question. I'm not seeking an answer. I know the answer, and I'm trying to make the right-wingers say it. Make any kind of excuse you want, paint it in all the flowery language you want to, it doesn't change the fact that republican policy, at least for this situation, is downright disgusting.

Quote:
Might be you in that chair one day answering very specific questions with no right answer and trying to avoid it.

It's really cute that you're trying to invoke both-sides same-thing here; it's a sign that you've already lost. I've already come to terms with my liberalism. It has its flaws: people exploiting food stamps, excessive government oversight, and so forth. Difference is, if anyone asks me about it, I'll actually answer it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer this question then: Why should a baby have to depend on an entity when their parents should provide for them?

It is one thing when the kid doesn't have parents (either because they died or in jail) but it is completely different when you have two able-bodied people who should and can provide for the child.

Why do you want to take the burden of parenthood away from the parents and place them into an indoctrination camp?

As for education, that is what local governments are there for.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 15:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Then asking the opinion of anybody in this thread is pointless
FFXIAH P&R threads summed up in 11 words.
No! Alot of very useful things have been exchanged among the ***thrown at eachother... and I've even had discussions in PMs outside the thread that has gone on to discuss them further. If anything it gets people to look at current events and examine their own position whether or not we're always able to discuss with those of differeing view points.

It's like when someone bashes the daily show or colbert.... of course it isn't a serious new program but it is a format that gets millions of people everyday exposed to current events in the political spectrum that they may have just been ignorant of otherwise. Of course it's your job afterwards to educate yourself but yea...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 15:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really cute that you're trying to invoke both-sides same-thing here; it's a sign that you've already lost. I've already come to terms with my liberalism. It has its flaws: people exploiting food stamps, excessive government oversight, and so forth. Difference is, if anyone asks me about it, I'll actually answer it.
And I answered your question. Not my fault you can't accept it because you can't argue against it and it goes against your agenda...err...conspiracy.
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this real life ?

Cause if it is I need to drink more.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-14 15:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this real life ?

I'll join ya. I normally avoid alcohol, but a couple shots couldn't hurt.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

they are quite literally "a few people" and do not represent the Republican policy as a whole

Context is a thing. Because because they share similar words, that does not me...

You know, you're too stupid for me to finish that sentence.

Flavin, you should try and become a politician. Your ability to dodge a question while sounding good is amazing, I have to give you credit for that.

But none of that changes the fact that this specific question makes right-wingers look bad, which is why no one wants to answer the question. I'm not seeking an answer. I know the answer, and I'm trying to make the right-wingers say it. Make any kind of excuse you want, paint it in all the flowery language you want to, it doesn't change the fact that republican policy, at least for this situation, is downright disgusting.

Quote:
Might be you in that chair one day answering very specific questions with no right answer and trying to avoid it.

Lost what? That you think we're in some competition here might show your delusion more than my defeat lol. It's not about excuses or flowery language. People are going to have differeing viewpoints and that is a very good thing. You're supposed to pick the best from all worlds not demonize one side, fully adopt the other and just accept the evils that lie within because its the lesser of the two. If the only difference is that you'll answer it that would be false... maybe this question for these people but there are plenty of people out there that would answer your question and then go on to explain in further detail as well.

Here's a question for you to answer. Why do you think it's ok or appropriate to push your agenda on the corpses of 7 dead children?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If a baby dies in a forest does it make a sound ?

Only if it fits my political agenda.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 15:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this real life ?

After reading a certain Bismark resident's posts, I think we are all needing a couple of shots...
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You can accuse Democrats and Republicans of a lot of things I have yet to meet the anti baby segment.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-14 15:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Is this real life ?

After reading a certain Bismark resident's posts, I think we are all needing a couple of shots...
I hear ya, that Ariyon really gets on my nerves sometimes.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the best way to tolerate oneself is to develop multiple personalities. Then blame whoever you thought you were that day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-14 15:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the best way to tolerate oneself is to develop multiple personalities. Then blame whoever you thought you were that day.
I tried that once. I kept mixing them up so they had to start wearing name tags.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-14 15:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And I answered your question. Not my fault you can't accept it because you can't argue against it and it goes against your agenda...err...conspiracy.

I must have missed it. Did you answer yes or no? All I saw was your attempt to paint it in pretty words, trying to make it sound as nice as possible.

I'll answer your question as soon as you just tell me yes or no. Should government aid go to babies who are in need of food/shelter/etc.

People are going to have differeing viewpoints and that is a very good thing.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm trying to get them to say the outcome of their chosen viewpoint. You can't just say people have different viewpoints and leave it at that. Viewpoints, especially when pushed onto politics, have consequences; and those consequences should be brought to light.

Here's a question for you to answer. Why do you think it's ok or appropriate to push your agenda on the corpses of 7 dead children?

Hey how about you stop being a dumbass. Hopefully you mean that figuratively but at this point, I'm not entirely sure.
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that once. I kept mixing them up so they had to start wearing name tags.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 15:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Josiah complex?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-14 15:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Josiah complex?

When you say it like that it sounds official I like it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-14 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have missed it. Did you answer yes or no? All I saw was your attempt to paint it in pretty words, trying to make it sound as nice as possible.

I'll answer your question as soon as you just tell me yes or no. Should government aid go to babies who are in need of food/shelter/etc.
You are being purposefully obtuse.

I have answered the question twice, both answers worded the exact same way, and even presented you with a counter-question.

I would suggest you to learn some reading comprehension before you demand answers to questions after they have been answered....twice!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-14 15:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People are going to have differeing viewpoints and that is a very good thing.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm trying to get them to say the outcome of their chosen viewpoint. You can't just say people have different viewpoints and leave it at that. Viewpoints, especially when pushed onto politics, have consequences; and those consequences should be brought to light.

Hey how about you stop being a dumbass. Hopefully you mean that figuratively but at this point, I'm not entirely sure.
I know exactly what you're doing but it doesn't have the outcome that you want it to.

Well you can. Viewpoints are viewpoints and those expressed on these forums are not being pushed on anyone except for my brain which does turn to mush after reading some of them.

People should and do fight to put the policies in place that they think are either best for themselves, their group or the nation as a whole. Our politicians job should be wading through the *** and adopting the best policies from every side for the benefit of the nation as a whole. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't the best path. Just because you put a spin on it that makes it seem like something that itreally isn't doesn't make your viewpoint better.

I'm not being a dumbass. It's what you're doing. It's just about as stomach turning as Nausi working his protect traditional marriage in on the backs of pedophiles.

Edit: In any case you're nto working towards any kind of solution all you're doing is trying to shamelessly promote your own agenda (whether it's right or not) and shame others. You're a part of the problem.

and lol you didn't answer my question.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8