Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » 7 dead babies found
7 dead babies found
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By fonewear 2014-04-15 09:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not evil I'm semi evil. I only hate 50% of the babies.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to the topic,

I guess what I find startling is that if the woman is 39 now, she was 21 back in 1996 when the first death occurred. Most of the people I know hadn't even moved out of their parent's house by that age, let alone given birth to three kids and killed a fourth.

I also find it amazing that the DEA searched the house in 2005 during their investigation into the husband's drug manufacturing activities, and they didn't find anything out of the ordinary (aside from the drugs).

Maybe the DEA should add rotting flesh to the list of things their sniffer dogs are trained to detect...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 09:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it common practice to cook meth in your garage ? I mean it is a hobby of mine.

The smell of meth covers up dead babies. They were thinking ahead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 09:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The smell of meth covers up dead babies.

Sounds like that could be a winning infomercial product.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 09:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now. Billy Mays here with meth busters. Tired of dead babies stinking up your garage. It's simple with our patented meth buster technology the DEA will never suspect a thing. Act now and get a free cardboard box.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-15 10:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

'The New York Times' left this little blurb.

Quote:
But neighbors said that, in addition to her two adult daughters, Ms. Huntsman also has an adolescent daughter who was born during that period, raising further questions about the timing of the deaths, and why one child may have lived while seven others died. The police have said that DNA tests were being conducted on the dead babies to determine their biological parents.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-15 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-15 10:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
'The New York Times' left this little blurb.

Quote:
But neighbors said that, in addition to her two adult daughters, Ms. Huntsman also has an adolescent daughter who was born during that period, raising further questions about the timing of the deaths, and why one child may have lived while seven others died. The police have said that DNA tests were being conducted on the dead babies to determine their biological parents.

from the article
"a mother of three who babysat for neighbors’ children"

who the F let this junkie babysit their kids!?
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 10:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the 7 was stillborn. It makes me wonder if the other 6 were stillborn also, but too decomposed for authorities to conclude that.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-15 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
One of the 7 was stillborn. It makes me wonder if the other 6 were stillborn also, but too decomposed for authorities to conclude that.
The article says she admitted the strangling/suffocating 6 of them, and that only one was stillborn.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well, there goes that theory.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-15 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The article has been updated a bit overnight, so here's a few extra points for people to ponder:
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 11:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So she has three living daughters? Perhaps the 6 she killed were boys, and she was just trying to have the perfect family of girls?

"UnnnnngggggghhhHHHHHhhhhhhh"
"Oh man, another damn boy!"
*strangles*

(1 year later)

"UnnnNNNNnnnnnggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh"
"Woohoo, a girl!"
*cuddles*
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-15 11:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So she has three living daughters? Perhaps the 6 she killed were boys, and she was just trying to have the perfect family of girls?

*strangles*

(1 year later)

"Woohoo, a girl!"
*cuddles*
I would be disgusted beyond words, but personal experience and the news have taught me that there are no limits to human stupidity and cruelty.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 11:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The first six babies were practice. The last one was for real.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-15 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said: »
Quote:
"How can you have a baby and not have evidence and other people know?" asked neighbor SanDee Wall. "You can't plan when a baby is going to come."

It's true. Even today, it's basically an estimate, and you can begin anywhere from thirty-eight to forty-two weeks, assuming the conception date was accurate. Which, who knows? It's not like a methhead with a bunny complex would be keeping track.

Quote:
According to a probable cause statement released by police Monday, Huntsman said she gave birth to at least seven babies between 1996 and 2006 at her former home in Pleasant Grove.
Bolded because it bugs me. Does that mean there could be more?

Seven pregnancies within ten years, and just by estimating yesterday, you can figure maybe three months, give or take, between each pregnancy. You're suppose to refrain from sex for at least six weeks after giving birth. So, that would cut it down to a month and a half, assuming you hit the mark on the "magic week". But hey! It's not like she had an OB/GYN anyway.

Quote:
All but one of the babies was born alive, she said. During the interview with police, she was unemotional and matter of fact, according to Pleasant Grove police Lt. Britt Smith.

She was twenty-one with the first. She could have easily and discreetly found contraceptives, morning after pills, or had the dreaded eight letter "A" word (don't really want to go this direction because it's a shitstorm).

Quote:
The three daughters who were living in the house were good young women who have turned out remarkably well considering their father has been in prison, Chipman and Wall said.
I'm not sure how I should feel about the fact that the article keeps bringing up the dad's prior drug conviction, even though he's not the one stuffing babies in cardboard boxes.

Like many have already said, he should have known or did know.

Quote:
Wall said she's puzzled about why Huntsman would have killed the babies, especially considering her youngest daughter, now a young teen, was born during the decade Huntsman told authorities she killed the other babies.

I think there was infidelity involved.

Quote:
Defense attorneys also will try to determine whether Huntsman sought an abortion and if she told anyone about her pregnancies — all in hopes of understanding actions that otherwise appear incomprehensible, Parnham said.

How hard is it to get an abortion in Utah?

Quote:
"You start off with the very nature of what happened. Is there a rational motive?" he said.
Bolded for sheer ridiculousness.

Seconded.

EDIT: Something...Something...Hotdogs down hallways.
By volkom 2014-04-15 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

all i could think about while reading this thread was...

this is definitely not the way to make baby back ribs
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-15 11:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a medical expert but maybe doing meth makes women more fertile. I shall investigate further.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-15 11:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
all i could think about while reading this thread was...

this is definitely not the way to make baby back ribs

[+]
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2014-04-15 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
And while some people can hide a pregnancy under baggy clothes in high school, do you think you could honestly hide it from your husband with whom you presumably share a bed? Maybe if it was some 1950s sitcom with separate twin beds, bonus points of there is a chastity screen like in "Moral Orel."

It's possible to go along with the theory that they weren't his, that they weren't intimate and didn't share a bed. *shrugs*
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-16 09:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
And while some people can hide a pregnancy under baggy clothes in high school, do you think you could honestly hide it from your husband with whom you presumably share a bed? Maybe if it was some 1950s sitcom with separate twin beds, bonus points of there is a chastity screen like in "Moral Orel."

It's possible to go along with the theory that they weren't his, that they weren't intimate and didn't share a bed. *shrugs*

He had corpses in cardboard boxes in his own garage for ten years that he failed to notice... this guy isn't exactly winning any awards for awareness or paying attention.

and what happened to Ihina, weren't they going to reveal some mystic truth about the universe once their stupid question got answered?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 09:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and what happened to Ihina, weren't they going to reveal some mystic truth about the universe once their stupid question got answered?
But his question never got answered the way he wanted, remember?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-16 11:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

*strangles*

(1 year later)

"Woohoo, a girl!"
*cuddles*

^^^This bothers me.^^^

I had to do some digging from a couple of years ago.

There are correlations between hormones due to timing and fatty diets at the time of conception that determines gender.

I doubt they were all boys, especially given that the mother was doing meth at the time. Not completely sure if there have been studies on the effects of meth on hormones, but there have also been studies that point to the likelihood of more females being conceived during times of hardship or malnutrition. Just a shot in the dark, but seeing as though how chronic meth use can emaciate you (and I wouldn't doubt if there are hormonal effects), I wouldn't think it would be a matter of tossing a kid because of gender.

Some of you say a lot even when saying so little. :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2014-04-16 12:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm from Utah and to be honest this doesn't surprise me one bit.
I was shocked that the same shootings that occurred at Columbine didn't happen here first. "Pleasant Grove" located in Utah county, South of Salt lake city, is a lovely area that breeds some of the most insane people I have ever met, and I have met people from all over the globe in my travels.
It's still royally detestable and my first instinct was immediate execution of this foul murderous C**tbag because knowing our court system, this woman piece of sh!t will never be punished anywhere near what fits this crime.

I'm not advocating any sympathy whatsoever, but just so you can understand what kind of environment this lady lived in....
The entire county is pretty much 3 types of people:
1) Mormons. Not just any mormons, these are the uptight a-hole mormons that will terrorize you and your entire family because you are not mormon. They will have their brainwashed kids harass your children at school, they will have their relatives in law enforcement detain you every chance they can, and will do anything they can short of crossing a criminal line just to run you out of their neighborhood. These are the type of mormon people that normal mormon people stay the hell away from. Contrary to popular belief not everyone in utah is mormon or a polygamist, in fact polygamy is highly shunned and only usually occurs in the far south. So the further south you go, the creepier it seems to get.
2) Non-mormons. Generally industrial workers, truck drivers and the kind of people who are never home enough to be bothered by the nutcase people in their community.
3) Methheads. Tons of 'em. AFAIK, utah county is one of the highest meth-producing and affected areas of the country. Not surprising considering the area. There is nothing to do but F**k and/or work on cars...Ta-da meth.

This was a disgusting crime perpetuated in a drug-filled and intolerant community but it doesn't excuse it whatsoever but I bet it will be the main focus of the defense during the trial.
I can't for the life of me understand how MULTIPLE rotting infant corpses were not found before. As much as this whole incident disgusts me, I am curious to find out how she was able to hide these atrocities for so long.

-jfyi, I'm not mormon but it gets really irritating when you tell people that you are from utah any everyone assumes the initial stereotypes: Mormon, polygamy, huge families.
Eh, the huge families happen everywhere so that's not really a big annoyance but for real, Mormon people are really not that bad. They can get a bit annoying at times (what religion doesn't try to push their belief system onto others?) but I find the best stereotypical impression you can get of the community is by Matt Stone and Trey Parker doing South Park bits. Not 100% accurate but pretty close.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-16 14:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think it would be a matter of tossing a kid because of gender.

Not for a rational person, no. But take rationality away, and anything is possible. Anyway, it was just a wild speculation.

I also have other speculations, but I have to ask something first.

People have been discussing drug use as the reason for her crimes - why is that? I don't see anything in any of the articles I've read that confirm she used crystal meth, or that her husband used crystal meth, or that they even manufactured crystal meth. The husband was imprisoned for possessing two chemicals "intended" for manufacturing the drug, but the husband has denied the charges and professed his innocence to this day. I'm not saying I believe him, but certain things about this just don't add up.

The fact that the neighbours haven't noticed anything odd about the family, that the three living daughters haven't noticed anything strange about their Mother, and that the DEA's brief search of the home in 2005 wasn't extensive enough to turn up any dead babies, leads me to believe she wasn't the meth-head everyone seems to think she is.

Whatever drove the woman to strangle her babies, I'm not convinced it had anything to do with drugs. I'm leaning more toward psychological issues.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-16 14:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think it would be a matter of tossing a kid because of gender.

Not for a rational person, no. But take rationality away, and anything is possible. Anyway, it was just a wild speculation.

I also have other speculations, but I have to ask something first.

People have been discussing drug use as the reason for her crimes - why is that? I don't see anything in any of the articles I've read that confirm she used crystal meth, or that her husband used crystal meth, or that they even manufactured crystal meth. The husband was imprisoned for possessing two chemicals "intended" for manufacturing the drug, but the husband has denied the charges and professed his innocence to this day. I'm not saying I believe him, but certain things about this just don't add up.

The fact that the neighbours haven't noticed anything odd about the family, that the three living daughters haven't noticed anything strange about their Mother, and that the DEA's brief search of the home in 2005 wasn't extensive enough to turn up any dead babies, leads me to believe she wasn't the meth-head everyone seems to think she is.

Whatever drove the woman to strangle her babies, I'm not convinced it had anything to do with drugs. I'm leaning more toward psychological issues.

Not at all trying to absolve her of her crime. I think she fry. I think PPD is a lousy excuse also. I was pointing out that a slew of boys could be an anomaly for that many births.

Yeah. I was mulling over the bolded also. Neither of them could have been users. I guess we'll see how this unfolds.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-16 14:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Wasn't part of the deal, but I can oblige.

Conservatism is not an ideology, it's a mental disorder. It's politics driven by fear: gotta have your gun, need a bigger army, gotta discriminate against people different than you are, and so forth. Maybe if conservatives didn't spend time looking for ways to be scared little cowards, we'd all be better off.
By fonewear 2014-04-16 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Quote:

Conservatism is not an ideology, it's a mental disorder. It's politics driven by fear: gotta have your gun, need a bigger army, gotta discriminate against people different than you are, and so forth. Maybe if conservatives didn't spend time looking for ways to be scared little cowards, we'd all be better off.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-16 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Is that the best you got?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-04-16 15:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Quote:

Is that the best you got?

Frick, I can't find conservatism anywhere on WebMD. I'm beginning to think Ihina made that up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8