Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Spath said: »
The bad thing is I've lost more faith in humanity, because people can't follow directions... But that's not much of a loss.
That sums up any office job.

Well any job really. I feel like office jobs double the exposure for some reason.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-09 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That quote is epic.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 11:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Like I never new "Blah" could be a last name.

Did you know Orangello and Lemongello are real names, and not just an urban legend?

I do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-09 11:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
The bad thing is I've lost more faith in humanity, because people can't follow directions... But that's not much of a loss.

Well any job really. I feel like office jobs double the exposure for some reason.
Eh... I think most people have a blind spot for themselves... like they either think they follow the rules 100% of the time or that they think they know what's better... therefore they take dumps on other people... there's probably stuff you've screwed up or disregarded at some point as well...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-09 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Like I never new "Blah" could be a last name.

Did you know Orangello and Lemongello are real names, and not just an urban legend?

I do.
Fudge
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because a lot of them are made in such a way that you're forced to interact with these people in order to do your job.

The main issue here (since I'm not on phones at least) is that we tell teachers to make sure a student is actually registered(has paid) for a test before requesting accommodations for the test, that way if everything is approved we can apply everything to their account and get packages ready to be shipped in a timely fashion.

I'm working on a list of... a couple thousand names right now and about 30-50% of them don't even have an account created much less any sort of payment and it's like... guys... Work. With. Us.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Eh... I think most people have a blind spot for themselves... like they either think they follow the rules 100% of the time or that they think they know what's better... therefore they take dumps on other people... there's probably stuff you've screwed up or disregarded at some point as well...
This is true and I really shouldn't point these things so much.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 11:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I'm perfect. I mean, it's not like anyone can start a podcast from scratch and get like 2 people to listen to it. But you know who did? Spath and I.

Your move, universe.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I'm perfect. I mean, it's not like anyone can start a podcast from scratch and get like 2 people to listen to it. But you know who did? Spath and I.

Your move, universe.

We need a logo with that name...
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
That quote is epic.
I feel like that quote makes Spath seem like the final boss in an RPG. One of those bosses where you can relate to his end goal, but he means are just too evil. You sympathize with him, but still must strike him down before all hope is lost.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
That quote is epic.
I feel like that quote makes Spath seem like the final boss in an RPG. One of those bosses where you can relate to his end goal, but he means are just too evil. You sympathize with him, but still must strike him down before all hope is lost.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-12-09 11:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DPF!!
The most Christmas song ever!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw it... I'm doing a Lelouch cosplay this year...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-09 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My best advice to you is to take into account what's happening and look for a way to improve it... when you've come up with a way to do that take it to your immediate supervisor ask for some time and explain your position... understand why something is happening and then approach it from a standpoint of improving the process...

Edit: personally I've gotten pissed of at people sometimes without reallunderstanding what was going on... sometimes the process in place is inneficient or there's something else holding them up on the client end and whatnot... there will be a point you most likely reach where someone sees you or your department as the problem too even if you have no part in it... point being is that while venting is ok just be sure you don't let it get in the way but there might be things out of someone else's control and whatnot...
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My best advice to you is to take into account what's happening and look for a way to improve it... when you've come up with a way to do that take it to your immediate supervisor ask for some time and explain your position... understand why something is happening and then approach it from a standpoint of improving the process...
Already did it for this one. We're way at the back of IT's line when it comes to stuff getting done which is part of the reason some of this stuff isn't smoother.

Currently in the process of getting our accommodations system to sync up with our online payment system so that it won't even let the teachers continue with the request process without an account to sync to, but it may not happen for at least another year because they're already in the middle of trying to rebuild our payment database as currently they're trying to make a 2 year old HTML based website talk with a... almost 15? year old java program that is not only ancient but also so bogged down with data from all these years that it moves at a snail's pace. x.x
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 11:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I complain too much lately.

I'm honestly in a very good spot here and this is the first job where I not only feel like I'm constantly productive(even when I'm screwing around on here) but I actively want to be more productive to the point where I'm talking way more with upper staff because they actually seem respondent to ideas.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I complain too much lately.

I'm honestly in a very good spot here and this is the first job where I not only feel like I'm constantly productive(even when I'm screwing around on here) but I actively want to be more productive to the point where I'm talking way more with upper staff because they actually seem respondent to ideas.

Human nature is that when the "good" becomes status quo, harp on the bad.

Nobody likes going to work all of the time, no matter how good their job is.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 12:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it's any kinda of dislike for working or the situations. To me I thinks it's all kind of a humerous thing. Knowing that we have to have people like myself in place to help others who could answer their own problems if they just... thought?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I end up going to Wawa at least 3 times a week. Every time I buy a coffee. Silly me has been paying full price for coffee. NO LONGER!

Wawa travel mug for me, baby! Suckers don't know what they've released.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I end up going to Wawa at least 3 times a week. Every time I buy a coffee. Silly me has been paying full price for coffee. NO LONGER!

"Hmm... must be good."

*googles*

"It's... a gas station?"

GAS STATION COFFEE, MESHI?!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hmm... must be good."

*googles*

"It's... a gas station?"

GAS STATION COFFEE, MESHI?!
... Ramy, educate the man please.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 13:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

While I admittedly live on the Sheetz side of the state, and as such have opinions on the quality of Wawa, the casual observer would find them to be very similar places, with a wide variety of goods including gasoline.

However, they're really more akin to mini truck stops at each location, not a gas station. They have high-quality subs and similar food (Sheetz does burgers, fries, all kinds of stuff). And it's higher quality than say, Subway or McDonald's. Their coffee -- in my experience in Sheetz's case -- is far superior to anything at Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts. Not quite as good as Tim Hortons, but close. Cheaper than all of the, too.

They also, in some cases, sell beer. Lots of other stuff.

And they're far cleaner and nicer than truck stops or your average gas station. Again, speaking from the Sheetz side of things, almost every store gets a renovation every 5-7 years to update them with the chain's latest devices and offers.

[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you expert Ramy. I am sorry to pull you from P&R but this was a very important matter.

As you can see Spath, Wawa offers gasoline but that is just one of its many facets. It is a good stop for quick, made to order food, drinks, and other items you may need.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 13:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

While I admittedly live on the Sheetz side of the state, and as such have opinions on the quality of Wawa, the casual observer would find them to be very similar places, with a wide variety of goods including gasoline.

However, they're really more akin to mini truck stops at each location, not a gas station. They have high-quality subs and similar food (Sheetz does burgers, fries, all kinds of stuff). And it's higher quality than say, Subway or McDonald's. Their coffee -- in my experience in Sheetz's case -- is far superior to anything at Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts. Not quite as good as Tim Hortons, but close. Cheaper than all of the, too.

They also, in some cases, sell beer. Lots of other stuff.

And they're far cleaner and nicer than truck stops or your average gas station. Again, speaking from the Sheetz side of things, almost every store gets a renovation every 5-7 years to update them with the chain's latest devices and offers.

Since I have a strong dislike for these two chains as is, I'll concede to you. I will need to try this... "Wawa" at some point...

Maybe I'll try to take a road trip next year...

See... I made the mistake of actually looking up the average salary of that position I applied for... at this company... it's between double and triple what I've ever been paid...

I really... REALLY want this job.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you expert Ramy. I am sorry to pull you from P&R but this was a very important matter

Way more important than anything I'm ranting about over there.

Edit: Hell, discussing AM's banana phallus in RT was more important than whatever I rant about in P&R...
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 13:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I would like to mention about Wawa coffee as well (and I'm sure Sheetz, I haven't been in many of those), it's not like "Oh we have reg and decaf". No, that would be a slap in the face. Today options were:
Regular, Decaf, Cuban Roast, Dark Roast, Holiday Blend, Columbian Roast.

Then of course there is the latte machine if you so desire. Or if you want, you can get MTO lattes, espressos, machiattos, etc.

If you prefer tea, they have a variety of teas you can get as well.

Soda junkie? They have the uh coke machine with the options. I forget what it's called. It's Friday, sue me.

It's as Ramy said, a truck stop without the truck stop stereotypes.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I keep accidentally whispering out loud some of the lyrics from this video

... I currently have my desk raised up so that I can stand and move around a bit because I'm a little hyper.

I don't notice I'm making noise until someone walks down between the cubicles and kinda glances at me...

They probably all think I'm crazy right now. x.x
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-09 13:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I would like to mention about Wawa coffee as well (and I'm sure Sheetz, I haven't been in many of those), it's not like "Oh we have reg and decaf". No, that would be a slap in the face. Today options were:
Regular, Decaf, Cuban Roast, Dark Roast, Holiday Blend, Columbian Roast.

Then of course there is the latte machine if you so desire. Or if you want, you can get MTO lattes, espressos, machiattos, etc.

If you prefer tea, they have a variety of teas you can get as well.

Soda junkie? They have the uh coke machine with the options. I forget what it's called. It's Friday, sue me.

It's as Ramy said, a truck stop without the truck stop stereotypes.
This reminds me that once I have the money and space I would love to get a small espresso machine for my home and learn to properly make lattes and macchiatos.

I miss good espresso...

inb4 I end up opening some kind of home bar/coffee shop when I have a larger house. >.>
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-09 13:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not crazy until you listen to this for 8 hours:

...Not that I've done that or anything.