Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 04:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New trailer of the update of the demo..

YouTube Video Placeholder

Final Fantasy Bros™ coming to your consoles soon.
[+]
By Elazar1 2015-06-09 05:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish they would go back to how 10 was or even 7 loved ff games then type zero was eww an the demo of the new ff is just dreadful that's not ff it's so poor clone... Se maybe one day you will listen to the fans....
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-09 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else really love the music so far? so good :Q

Elazar1 said: »
Wish they would go back to how 10 was or even 7 loved ff games then type zero was eww an the demo of the new ff is just dreadful that's not ff it's so poor clone... Se maybe one day you will listen to the fans....

dude, part of what makes a final fantasy game has always been them pushing the limits of the franchise, if they just kept pumping out clones of FF10 or FF7 It would get olde and boring eventually, and even worse; make those games feel less special than they are. I for one thoroughly enjoyed the FF15 demo, even with all of its flaws. I think 15 is going to be an awesome game when it comes out. Can't wait for moar news from gamescom :Q
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-09 06:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They look like they are fighting monsters for shits and giggles. That doesn't look immersive at all. I mean, up until now, it was always out of desperation, main characters didn't want to fight but they had to (or in case of FFVIII, as a part of their military training). This time, it is like some friends came together, couldn't find anything else to do and decided they would beat some HUGE monster *** in the wilderness... for fun... for some reason...

Judging by some earlier trailers, the game looked like it had a much darker atmosphere than that. I would emphasize on that aspect rather than skinny boys with funny hairdos making hand jokes at each other while they are in danger and fight like it is nothing and as if they are dancing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Oakozric
Server: Bahamut
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2015-06-09 09:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
They look like they are fighting monsters for shits and giggles. That doesn't look immersive at all. I mean, up until now, it was always out of desperation, main characters didn't want to fight but they had to (or in case of FFVIII, as a part of their military training). This time, it is like some friends came together, couldn't find anything else to do and decided they would beat some HUGE monster *** in the wilderness... for fun... for some reason...

Judging by some earlier trailers, the game looked like it had a much darker atmosphere than that. I would emphasize on that aspect rather than skinny boys with funny hairdos making hand jokes at each other while they are in danger and fight like it is nothing and as if they are dancing.

My thoughts exactly. They look like sport hunters. *Yawn*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 09:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Final Fantasy Bros™ coming to your consoles soon.

I wish they'd just skip to Final Fantasy Bros 3, I want a Tanooki suit
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-09 09:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

4 guys in a tent hanging out? Needs more boob, you dissapoint me Japan.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-09 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

have they updated it yet?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 11:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomorrow, 8 am pdt.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-09 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

my update file is downloading now.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cause I'm stupid and I thought today was june 8. So yeah...today lol.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-06-09 11:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They's be slicing up that yak's butthole.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-06-09 13:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

2.0 Update:

You can now fight the Catoblepas! That’s the big monster in the lake. In version 2.0 one of them comes out of the lake onto land where you can fight it. Be careful though, it apparently takes 20 minutes to defeat with all four characters at level 99 and it can still knock you out in one hit.
You can now warp out of battle to certain locations
There’s a new dodge roll!
New character interactions (in the field/environment and during camping)
New team combo attacks using all four party members
Additional side quests involving just you/Noctis and one other party member.

You will be able to buy/sell items in bulk
Each dropped item has specific uses; for instance, some of the dropped items can be used to customise the car
The team is looking into making the BGM and environmental effects richer
We will be looking into finding a way to address the issue with the player’s stamina depleting (while sprinting) that was mentioned by many Japanese fans.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-09 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
updating a demo.... okay that's pretty cool.
I feel like it's more of a beta test then a demo XD

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
People already flipped ***over Cidney so they might be cutting back.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-06-09 13:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the new boss they added.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-09 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss when FF characters were racially ambiguous and didn't have j-pop hair. Can't we go back to Amano-inspired designs which was the main character design from FF1-10. Everyone post FF10 looks like a Cloud/Squall/Sora clone.

I'd take this character design

Over this, any day

Also why are FF15 characters so skinny and gangly??? They have 0 muscle tone.

Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-09 14:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »

wat
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloud, Sephiroth, Tidus, Squall, Zell are not different from these guys.

*sighs*
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-09 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy protagonists artwork by Yoshitaka Amano.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-09 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I miss when FF characters were racially ambiguous and didn't have j-pop hair. Can't we go back to Amano-inspired designs which was the main character design from FF1-10. Everyone post FF10 looks like a Cloud/Squall/Sora clone.

I'd take this character design

Over this, any day

Makes no sense
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-09 15:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Kalila said: »
updating a demo.... okay that's pretty cool.
I feel like it's more of a beta test then a demo XD

People flipped ***over a little cleavage? I'm assuming that blond in the yellow a few posts before this?
That's not Evan bad... Tifa's boob bouncing in cg and Frans dominatrix outfit were both worse(better). Some people.....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rosa I think is the most naked FF heroine(so besides Siren and Cloud of Dorkness).

Though everyone remembers Fran's *** more cause it's hd.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-06-10 00:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Yay for the radical fems that make games adhere to stupid standards that can never be met!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-10 01:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Games looking more and more disappointing by the day. They need to just ditch the "Final Fantasy" label and it's not a FF game just like the last few games weren't really Final Fantasy games. It's an open world action RPG set in an alternate modern universe featuring several male protagonists. It needs a new name and series title.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2015-06-10 01:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Games looking more and more disappointing by the day. They need to just ditch the "Final Fantasy" label and it's not a FF game just like the last few games weren't really Final Fantasy games. It's an open world action RPG set in an alternate modern universe featuring several male protagonists. It needs a new name and series title.
This has been said about entries to the series far before you likely started playing it
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-10 02:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
This has been said about entries to the series far before you likely started playing it

Your right, it must of been true before Final Fantasy I on the NES .. ohh wait ..

Yes I started that early, buying my friends NES cartridge off him as a elementary school kid. Followed shortly by FFII (FFIV now) and FFIII (FFVI now). In the mid 90's I got involved in the emulator scene with DOS ZSNES and was able to snag a ROM of FFII, FFIII NES and later FFV SNES with fanmade translations I had to apply with an IPS tool. It took your amazing insight to realize this was all a dream of mine and didn't actually happen.

Now with the troll taken care of.

FFIX was the last game I consider a true Final Fantasy. It had a clearly defined protagonist, antagonist, world with renascence level technology with the occasional steam tech thrown in for flair. Final Fantasy 10 and beyond moved into a continuously more "modern" environment in an attempt to appeal to a larger player base. FFXV might as well take place in the year 2010 ~ 2020 in the country of Japan on a road trip from one city to the next.

Yep this is so totally not set in modern year Japan and is an imaginary fantasy land...

At least games like the new Xenogears have a decent explanation, they are a space-faring advanced technic people who are stranded on this alien planet and just trying to make everything work without much support infrastructure.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 03:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FF7 and FF8 took a modern-futuristic approach already, and FF6 you can consider somewhat steampunk.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-10 03:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
FF7 and FF8 took a modern-futuristic approach already, and FF6 you can consider somewhat steampunk.

FF7 and FF8 were both renaissance era with heavy elements of steampunk. Midgar was the only "advanced" city and it was explained that all their tech was from siphoning mako and using it like electricity. It's important to note that midgar was merely a place setting, it was just one location used as a contrast to everywhere else, which was technologically limited. That military port city (can't remember it's name) was probably the only other location that wasn't technic. Throw in typical Final Fantasy elements (Airship / boat / ect..) and you get a nice blend. FFVIII was so filled with teenage angst and broken combat mechanics that I couldn't stand it after awhile. Thankfully FFIX pulled it back a bit, unfortunately by then you had an entire generation of teenagers who thought motorcycleing riding, giant sword swinging, angry directionless misunderstood anti-hero's with equally directionless misunderstood villians were the norm, so they absolutely hated the cartoonish style of FFIX that had determined hero's and an obviously machiavellian and evil antagonist.

Then there was X and everything after that...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 03:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't define FF8 renaissance era with steampunk elements. Literally the only non modern looking place is Winhill, and that's just cause it doesn't have technology but it might very well be any modern county town.

Deling, Timber, Balamb all look like modern cities. Dollet looks like my town too. Esthar is ugly is futuristic, FH is a train station in the middle of the ocean. Hell even the Shumi Village has a giant elevator and holographic technology.
Then there's the Gardens which are basically spaceships.

Either way this was just to say that the modernesque approach to FF is not new to FFXV(even ignoring XIII which we all don't wanna talk about).
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-10 04:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8 was neither renaissance nor steampunk. It was set in a modern era but also included an isolated, futuristic area. FF6 was totally steampunk. FF7 was a mesh of steampunk and modern era. Modern era doesn't necessarily mean a world filled with metropolitan and technologic cities.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 54 55 56