Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-10 04:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I played through it I didn't feel like it was a modern world complete with 1980+ streets and highway signs.

Anyhow it's about the tone and feeling. Fanbois are gonna defend their team to the death no matter what and it's pretty easy to spot the "hero must ride a motorcycle and have emotionally misunderstood issues" types.

And FFXV isn't remotely a Final Fantasy. It's an action RPG based in a modern world. The "mechanic" even has a trailer that looks like it came from Bobs Snack Shack in Alabama. They created a new game and just wanted to use the brand to raise sales. People are going to buy it, then play it, praise it's graphics and within two weeks be saying how sh!tty the game is. There will then be a die hard "it's holy and must not be questioned" fan base.

I'm just sitting back taking bets on which one each of you will be.

Quote:
FF8 was neither renaissance nor steampunk. It was set in a modern era but also included an isolated, futuristic area. FF6 was totally steampunk. FF7 was a mesh of steampunk and modern era. Modern era doesn't necessarily mean a world filled with metropolitan and technologic cities.

Actually it does. "Modern era" is referencing to technology and perspectives that are common to a connected post-industrial society. It's a different feel then industrial, steampunk or renaissance or medieval. Bioshock is an example of pure steampunk, it's got modern-ish stuff but the whole atmosphere feels like it's before our information society. FFVII had technology in some places but the atmosphere of the game was more pre-industrial where people lived with what was nearby.

I guess the real determiner is how connected and metropolitan a world feels vs disconnected and rustic.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 04:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I never judge games before experiencing them. At most I will decide whether I wanna try them or not.
This one I wanna try, but I'm not gonna say it's good or bad until I know for sure.

My biggest sadness about modern FF is the absence of a class system, or at the very least having each character with a defined class(like 4 or 9). But that's just a personal preference.

I also hope there will be races other than humans cause I enjoy that diversity.

Summons are confirmed at least, so yay.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-10 04:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually you are somewhat correct, FF15 was never meant to be a true final fantasy game, it started out as versus 13 which was meant to be a side game on it's own, made by the Kingdom hearts team, hence the action gameplay.

The Story is/was a lot darker than it appears, they are only showing a demo of the game, which ended up helping the dev team tons, because they were looking for fan feedback on a variety of issues NOT relating to the games storyline lol. honestly they haven't shown ***for the storyline, so i really don't understand all the hate. comparing a demo to full games/rpgs that are already out....what? just hold in the haterade for a minute and wait for the damn game to come out, something something judge a book by it's cover something. ijdk.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-10 04:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I see Final Fantasy as somewhat similar to the 5th or 6th dimension, each entry containing the same themes, but each uses them a bit differently.

For example, every Final Fantasy is build upon the theme of The Crystal, the single most dominate theme in a Final Fantasy game, but each uses the crystal differently, some games being more focused on it than others.

It's amazing how something as simple as a rock can be so powerful in these games, and yet, in some games it is the smallest of things being easily overlooked.

Having the lore and themes of Final Fantasy being so flexible can be powerful, or to some fans it can be a weakness because they see some of their favorite themes (like the crystal) become so forgotten.

I'm guilty on that point, to see the crystal being thrown in for completion sake it seems at times. How I miss the dialog being primarily driven by these crystals, their mystery, and how it impacts their world.

I still enjoy most of the games that don't focus much on it, but if I were to be completely honest, they don't feel too much like a Final Fantasy game if they aren't about the crystals.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-10 04:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My biggest sadness about modern FF is the absence of a class system, or at the very least having each character with a defined class(like 4 or 9). But that's just a personal preference.

They got rid of the class systems for the exact same reason they made the worlds look and feel more "modern", to appeal to a larger non-RPG customer base. They have come out and said that they didn't think non-Japanese gamers would every appreciate or want a class based system and so have put all their efforts into making internationally released games without those elements. It was during an interview after the success of Bravely Default internationally happened. They made BD as a pure JRPG complete with everything associated with it, it's basically a Final Fantasy game without the brand label. Originally intended only for Japanese release they later decided "why not" and put it out internationally, to a huge success they didn't expect.

The fact that FF's after IX have been so bad (not counting the MMO's) is because SE wanted to create games that weren't JRPG's but use an internationally recognized brand name to sell them under. They weren't Final Fantasy's but had the label attached and familiar objects/ themes placed in them to increase sales.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-10 06:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Having the lore and themes of Final Fantasy being so flexible can be powerful, or to some fans it can be a weakness because they see some of their favorite themes (like the crystal) become so forgotten.
The theme of the crystals are still there it's just not as blunt as a giant crystal. In X the faith were the crystals, in XII the sun cryst and the nethicite cut from it and so on.

Edit: it could be argued that the concept even carried into Kingdom Hearts in that the princesses of heart could be compared to the crystals.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-10 08:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXII "International Zodiac Job System" was the closest the franchise got to an open world, class based game. It would have been almost perfect if it hadn't had zone lines and they had spiced up the hunting system... ignoring the shallow story.

I always liked distinctive character development more than ambigious skill trees.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-10 08:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
The theme of the crystals are still there it's just not as blunt as a giant crystal. In X the faith were the crystals, in XII the sun cryst and the nethicite cut from it and so on.

Edit: it could be argued that the concept even carried into Kingdom Hearts in that the princesses of heart could be compared to the crystals.
Yea :)

Well, at least we know FFXV has a strong crystal theme, now how strong the story revolves around the crystal we'll just have to see! :)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 08:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So far we've only seen the more technologically advanced areas of the game but they've said that the farther you are from the capital (where the Crystal is) the less technology you'll find. The Crystals are the reason the countries prosper and since Lucis is now the only one with a Crystal they're being invaded. Other countries have regressed after losing theirs and I can't wait to see what the other cities will look like. In the demo we haven't gotten very far from the main city since there's still decent radio reception and even a gas station.

The level of technology isn't too different from VIII's or even VII's but I think we all THINK it is because the graphics are so much better now so we can clearly see what it's like.

Many towns in VIII have the same type of buildings for example.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-12 20:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The team found it difficult to fit Stella in Final Fantasy XV, so she won’t be included in the game. They instead created a new heroine, Luna, who has a different role in the game. We’ll hear more about her in the future.
The sequence in Final Fantasy Versus XIII in which the capital city of Insomnia is attacked by enemy troops after the party in the castle. That scene is no more part of the game. In Final Fantasy XV Noctis and his friends leave Insomnia before the attack.
There will still be gameplay set in Insomnia, but it won’t be around the same time line. Tabata-san promised that they will be great, and encouraged fans to look forward to them.
The black-haired woman and the female dragoon showcased in previous reveals are still in the game and have an important role in the story.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-12 20:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea okay, you can't fit her in.

You removed a scene in the game.

Going to try to stop thinking negatively.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-06-12 20:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least we know FFXV has a strong crystal theme, now how strong the story revolves around the crystal we'll just have to see! :)

Needs more FF crystal bearers 2!
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-12 21:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

VII'a crystals were Huge Materia (even so much so that the huge materias resembled the earth fire wind and water crystals more than materia colors which were yellow purple red blue green). 8 didn't really have any crystals except for the crystal pillar? Maybe the gardens were mobile crystals since they were cetran "shelters" but i think the powersource for those shelters were crystals, and the shelters "sheltered" them. If you regard the location of the gardens, it's likely. Crystals in IX were the 4 artifacts used to summon alexander i.e. Desert Ruby, Hawk Fang, etc.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-12 21:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the mothercrystal of Terra/Gaia
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-12 23:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Anyhow it's about the tone and feeling. Fanbois are gonna defend their team to the death no matter what and it's pretty easy to spot the "hero must ride a motorcycle and have emotionally misunderstood issues" types.

I don't understand the venomous attitude towards one preference or another. Been a FF fan since II on the SNES when I was 8 or so, played each since. Regardless of it's setting, time period, technology, etc, it's a fantasy based story. If you can't cast aside your inability to accept the "fanbois" desire for a more modern approach, then don't expect anyone to rile behind the classic approach either. We've all got our preferences, but that doesn't make one more Final Fantasy-esque than the other.

And for what it's worth, it's a demo. We're still clueless on what the over arching story will be, if each locale is as advanced as we're lead to believe from what we've seen, what sort of fantasy elements we'll see out in the wild, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-13 02:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Crystals in IX were the 4 artifacts used to summon alexander i.e. Desert Ruby, Hawk Fang, etc.

Nope. This is the FFIX crystal.

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-04 10:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

New trailer coming out tonight, here is a 5 second teaser..
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-08-04 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i have no plan to even buy this, the demo was dumb, the chars are dumb, the story is dumb. Wheres the wizards? wheres the knights?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-04 11:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you can totally judge the whole game from a demo or some trailers
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-04 12:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The past few games have caused me to worry about the story, the demo has caused me to worry about the cast, but at least they appear to have made summons viable again, finally.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-05 18:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The music is amazing

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-05 18:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but nothing else is.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-05 19:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't seem like anything they show will please you at this point.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-05 19:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what would have pleased me? A release date at the end of that trailer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-05 19:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

TGS seems a lot more likely
By Fyyvoaa 2015-08-05 19:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I did enjoy the new trailer, I wasn't exactly thrilled that they still haven't put a release date out there, but at least they are doing something better then some of the previous games.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXV: Evangelion.

Coming soon.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-06 17:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just read an article, release is sometime in 2016.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-07 13:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Square Enix has confirmed that it’s in talks with Avalanche Studios to use Just Cause 3 tech in Final Fantasy XV.

In an interview with IGN at Gamescom, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata revealed that conversations have begun about a collaboration between both studios’ development teams.

“We’re talking to their central technology team based in Stockholm in Sweden about a certain collaboration we might do with them and the Final Fantasy XV team,” Tabata told IGN via a translator.

“We’ve got really great hopes for this discussion. What we’re going to be talking about is possibly being able to use their really unique, really high level amazing technology they have in their studio and using it as an add-on to enhance the quality of a certain specific part of our Final Fantasy XV game,” he explained. “We really think something very special may be coming out of that.”

Tabata cautioned that these conversations have only just begun, so there’s no guarantee that there will be any results just yet. When asked exactly what this collaboration might entail, Tabata explained that Square Enix is especially interested in Just Cause 3’s verticality.

“When I saw what the guys at Avalanche Studios were doing with Just Cause 3, what really impressed me was how they have that vertical element to their games and the technology they use to achieve that kind of thing,” he said. “So I really felt that if we could borrow some of their technology and have some help on what they do to achieve that and put that into our Final Fantasy XV engine, we could see a lot of really great breakthroughs in what we’d be able to do with the game.”

Tabata feels that a partnership could be mutual, as Square Enix has “very great technology within our department, within our team, aimed at creating real-time footage as you saw in the footage shown in the trailer today. So maybe that could be a great help to them as well.”
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-08-07 13:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

soon™
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56