Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 54 55 56
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-03-24 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Combat feels a bit... hard to control. Dodging doesn't work well in my opinion as you just hold a button and it does everything, but while doing that you're basically unable to attack what so ever. I prefer systems where timing and skill allows you to block even when you're trying to attack. Instead, it feels like you're either going all out zerg mode, or you're on the defensive constantly.

I'd also say that their targeting doesn't really seem to work well for me. I've yet to find out how to teleport to higher up areas apart from the tutorial allowing me to do it once. If I'm not mistaken, there are a pair of shoulder buttons without anything tied to them, they would work perfectly for allowing a player to cycle through targets they're locked on to.

Graphically, the game looks amazing, the same thing I'd expect after FFXIII which was by far one of the best looking games I've played. That said, I've never had a grand PC so I'm sure I'm likely missing out on some stuff.

So far as the party goes... I don't care much for the voice of Noctis, it sounds too deep to me for how he looks. The most minor of all complaints, but it's something that caught me off guard. Outside of that I think having only 4 static characters will be ok, but like others have said it feels a bit worrisome that they're such stereotypical characters because we need a good story. All in all though I'd say I like them all except Noctis so far, who's personality I feel didn't come out much in the demo.

My impression is that it'll be good, but the combat will take time to get used to. I hope they make it a bit more like Kingdom Hearts by the end of it, and fix some targeting stuff. The rest I feel they're good to go with, I trust them to do it justice, then again, I've yet to find a Final Fantasy story or world I didn't enjoy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-24 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
it feels like you're either going all out zerg mode
I hope they make it a bit more like Kingdom Hearts
That's exactly how KH is. Smash the attack button till you can't feel your wrist anymore and destroy everything.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-24 17:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was telling D I thought the game felt a bit floaty, like...

you know in games when you run in a circle? FFXV can't, it's incredibly stiff, for a reason, but I don't know what that reason is. It might have to do with making the clothes animations look good or something.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-03-24 18:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean by floaty? I consider Dark Souls 2 to be floaty. The character doesn't seem to have weight.

The characters actually have weight and momentum keeping them from doing crazy movements things (XIII-2-LR has the same weight/momentum thing), so for realism I'd assume.

I enjoyed the demo a great deal. Need to practice parrying. Combat was great, I'll need to play with weapon set-ups in the future. My only complaint so far is lock-on not actually locking on. In the sense that the camera doesn't keep the enemy in view. Voice acting was fine, only irked at the overly dramatic wake up grunts at the beginning. I suspect the Japanese voices do the same though.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-24 18:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, try to run in a circle like you would in other games. The character just bounces from one direction to another at random. It's stiff, floaty kinda. Idk. Not the floaty you'd think of in DS2, I guess I'm talking about response time to movement.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-03-24 19:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
it feels like you're either going all out zerg mode
I hope they make it a bit more like Kingdom Hearts
That's exactly how KH is. Smash the attack button till you can't feel your wrist anymore and destroy everything.
To some extent, yes, but at the same time you're able to go from offensive to defensive without a long delay unless you're in the air.

In FFXV however it feels more as though you have to choose. Either you defend, or you attack, if you choose to do one then the other is nearly impossible. You can't hit an enemy with a few attacks and then hold the guard button and actually dodge, or at least I can't, it doesn't feel responsive enough. I'd almost call it slow, except the combat doesn't feel that way so much as guarding alone does.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-24 19:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm very concerned that a person who likes DS2(Kali) is saying this game has bad responsiveness.
I absolutely hated the poor responsiveness of the character in that game, I can't imagine anything worse in my life.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-03-24 20:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The responsiveness will never be at a Dark Souls calibur, I mean come on, it's darksouls ._.; edit- (most of the responsiveness differences here are the dodging and rolls i guess, a lot hacking and slashing combo's feel well enough imo)

It's somewhat stiff but still definitely playable. I just spent 3-4hrs playing the demo last night, While i definitely saw a bunch of flaws, it still left me wanting to play more, and honestly it was the first time in a while i got lost in a game. you know where you look at the clock and it says midnight and then you look back up and it says almost 3am :x lol.

I'll post a link later, but most of the problems that you've seen in the demo have already been reported and are getting fixed. (frame rate issues, glitches, targeting, graphics, etc) I was pretty relieved to hear about all the changes coming to the full game, and honestly can not wait :Q
[+]
By Drkside 2015-03-24 21:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So is no one going to comment on how cindy is not cid? Or is everyone just aware of it and does not care?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-03-24 21:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Drkside said: »
So is no one going to comment on how cindy is not cid? Or is everyone just aware of it and does not care?

Why spoil the fun bruh? D:
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-24 21:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm very concerned that a person who likes DS2(Kali) is saying this game has bad responsiveness.
I absolutely hated the poor responsiveness of the character in that game, I can't imagine anything worse in my life.
Responsiveness isn't exactly what I mean, I don't know how to explain it. They overanimate the character's walking animation to the point where you lose control of the degree of your turn.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2015-03-24 22:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The demo was very simple all it really did was give you a taste of the world and the main characters.

Combat system wasn't anything amazing and the parry system was a joke. Hopefully it'll be more challenging and have more synergy with the supporting characters and tons of customization.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-25 04:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
and tons of customization
This is what I hope for. I suppose a class system is out of the question for this game, which saddens me, but I at least hope it'll have classic custom rpg elements.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-03-25 04:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
and tons of customization
This is what I hope for. I suppose a class system is out of the question for this game, which saddens me, but I at least hope it'll have classic custom rpg elements.
There's always hope for some progression that entails new unlockable mechanics like Combos and possibly means to better dodge attacks? Having not played the Demo personally hard to say. I mean as simplistic as the combat sounds atm, using 1 button for attacks and such, along with no job class system. There's plenty of room for some sort of progression in the game.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-25 04:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
using 1 button for attacks and such

You can switch between weapons and you can use the weapon's special attack as well (such as drain blade for HP). Which combo is most effective depends on the monster you're fighting and you can also get new "limit break" type things that use up all your MP. Not really a limit break but it's a strong attack and you have to set which one you want and they do different things, you can find one in the demo in the cave.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-27 18:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

NA Survey for those who got the demo, Idk what it's about but I guess it can't hurt.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-04-28 05:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

FINAL FANTASY XV Active Time Report – Prelim Feedback Special
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-04-28 15:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Breakdown of survey, regional and global.

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-xv-demo-reveals-cultural-differences-1700619880?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Top 15 concerns pointed out by the playerbase

http://kotaku.com/square-addresses-the-top-xv-criticisms-of-final-fantasy-1700668422?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

As it turns out, Final Fantasy fans have OPINIONS. And Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata is listening very closely to those opinions.

In a presentation last night that was chock full of interesting details about the upcoming fifteenth Final Fantasy game (for Xbox One and PS4; no release date yet), Tabata and Square Enix marketing manager Akio Ofuji read through a list of the most common criticisms of Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae, the demo they released last month. They nailed just about every legitimate complaint—and remarkably, Tabata promised that almost all of them will be addressed, not only in the final game but possibly in a patch that they hope to release for the demo in late May.

Yep, a patch. For a demo. Final Fantasy!

The video’s really long, and I imagine most of you don’t have the time or energy to sit through an hour and a half of subtitles, so I put together the full list of criticisms Tabata addressed. (If you do want to watch the whole video, it’s on the bottom of this article.)

Here’s the list:

1) “The lock-on is useless” - Lock-on doesn’t keep enemies on screen; the camera doesn’t follow them properly. Tabata agreed, noting that you could press R3 for a better lock-on option, but that the demo never quite made that clear. Things will be FIXED.

2) “The camera is too close, I can’t tell what’s going on.” Especially during battles and in confined spaces. “Not being able to tell what’s going on in the game is unacceptable,” Tabata said, promising that they’ve got a lot of work left to do on the camera. “...Ultimately, we may consider allowing the player to choose from different camera distances.”

3) Poor/”heavy” camera control: “We’ll make sure the camera is smoother.”

4) “The AI is dumb. Allies get in the way.” Players say that party members get in Noct’s way as they try to move around. For the final game, Tabata said he wants to get more feelings of camaraderie—bros broing out—so they’re doing plenty more work on the AI, and adding a lot more of the types of bro interactions you see in the demo. “The demo is just a glimpse of what might be possible,” he said. So this will presumably become less of a problem.

5) “The jaggies. But the drop in frame-rate is even more concerning.” They’re going to add anti-aliasing to fix the jaggies. Frame-rate—which they say was the #1 complaint from players in North America and Europe—is a “high-priority issue,” Tabta said. They’re going to prioritize it during optimization. Their goal is “full HD” (1080p) and 30FPS, but frame-rate is more important to them than resolution. (Smart!)

6) “So I get that motion is realistic. But because of that, it feels slow.” Heavy weapons will feel sluggish, Tabata noted. “We are highly focused on footing, or being connected to the ground.” Immersion is a big thing for them, which might have led to these complaints. Tabata wondered if this particular gripe drew from people watching the E3 2013 trailer—which Tabata admits was a target, not a reflection of real gameplay—and thinking combat should look more like that.

7) “Can you at least add a minimap or compass?” That’s the plan. They’re also looking into a radar of some sort to show where enemies/allies are on screen, although Tabata won’t promise that.

8) “I want a dodge action that doesn’t rely on MP.” There actually is a dodge roll, Tabata said—that’ll be your default dodge action. The “warp-dodge” that was in the demo is a higher-level dodge; the normal dodge-roll couldn’t be implemented for Duscae.

9) “A game that’s all about hiding behind rocks and replenishing MP.” Huh. “That’s one way to put it,” Tabata said, laughing. I guess the real complaint here is that people had to spend too much time regenerating their MP, which Tabata says won’t really be a problem, because in the final game you’ll have many more options in combat—magic, combos, etc.—and battles will be shorter, so you won’t have to replenish MP as much. But Tabata said he likes the strategy of running away and recovering MP when you’re in a pinch. “It’ll be about how you construct your battles with the available MP.”

10) “Battles are too difficult. No, battles are too easy.” Japanese players said the game was too hard; Western players said it was too easy. “I think the best solution is to include difficulty options,” Tabata said. They’re planning on a simultaneous worldwide release for FFXV instead of releasing first in Japan and then in the rest of the world.

11) “It’s too monotonous.” Battles felt repetitive, players said, both because of control issues and because they were way too lengthy. The devs said they’re thinking about adding button remapping. “The monotony is probably due to battles feeling long,” Tabata said, adding that in the real game, you’ll have more options, so battles won’t feel as repetitive.

12) “The stamina needed for dashing is annoying.” Tabata and Ofuji both agreed that this isn’t really a problem, although they said that dashing distance and speed could be improved by eating certain foods at camp.

13) Players would like to see warping usable as a regular means for moving around. “Until some part of February, this was actually possible,” Tabata said. That was the plan, but it caused a lot of bugs, so they scrapped warps for regular field movement. All that said, Tabata noted that the final release will offer a lot more warp points, especially in battles—”It will become part of your strategy.”

14) “Please let me cancel attacks by evading.” Tabata agreed. “I was actually screaming inside for this too.” In the final game, you’ll be able to evade mid-attack.

15) “Lots of bugs.”

Ofuji: “We’re very sorry.”

Tabata: “Who would’ve thought you could get to Titan like that?

NA specific concern) Noct's voice didn't fit the character. Tabata said they've already rerecorded to address that since he thought Noct sounded like Batman.

EU specific concern) Cidney is too sexy, lack of female PT member.
Tabata said "she is not supposed to be too sexy, but the male members on the dev team did their best to create her. As a result, perhaps to much of their heart and soul went into her." huehue. He'll make sure she isn't over the top but don't really see a need for many changes if any. Guest characters will be in full release and will have an impact on how the 4 bros act, feel, talk etc.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-28 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of those are just issues you associate with a demo. #7, 8, 9 and 13 are the only ones I really think are worth mentioning. Looking forward to seeing 2.0
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-28 18:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
EU specific concern) Cidney is too sexy, lock of female PT member.
Tabata said "she is not supposed to be too sexy, but the male members on the dev team did their best to create her. As a result, perhaps to much of their heart and soul went into her." huehue. He'll make sure she isn't over the top but don't really see a need for many changes if any. Guest characters will be in full release and will have an impact on how the 4 bros act, feel, talk etc.

I think this would be a good compromise

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-28 18:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXV skipping E3, will appear at Gamescom

I think this is just a product of SE having a lot to show at E3. They are having their own press conference, and it looks to be loaded. Deus Ex, Star Ocean, KH3, Just Cause 3, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Heavensward, and at least 1 unannounced title. I just hope they give us a release date soon.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-28 18:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they'd be at Gamescom and then TGS where they'd be promoting the 'main game', earlier they promoted the demo

Is Heavensward gonna be at E3? Seems a bit odd when it comes out not long after lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-28 18:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about Heavensward tbh.
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-28 19:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this game gonna have actual equipment in it or is that gonna be way too hard to implement like 13........... Seems looking pretty is more important then gearing in a FF game anymore.
By rkhan 2015-04-28 19:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
They said they'd be at Gamescom and then TGS where they'd be promoting the 'main game', earlier they promoted the demo

Is Heavensward gonna be at E3? Seems a bit odd when it comes out not long after lol

It probably will be. They'll probably use the time to show off the new 24 man content.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-04-28 20:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Tabata:"she is not supposed to be too sexy, but the male members on the dev team did their best to create her. As a result, perhaps too much of their heart and soul went into her." huehuehue

Because we haven't seen men make female characters only wearing ribbons of clothing to accompany their overly sexual personality before.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-04-28 20:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
FFXV skipping E3, will appear at Gamescom

I think this is just a product of SE having a lot to show at E3. They are having their own press conference, and it looks to be loaded. Deus Ex, Star Ocean, KH3, Just Cause 3, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Heavensward, and at least 1 unannounced title. I just hope they give us a release date soon.

Should be at PAX after Gamescom and TGS later.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-28 20:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind a character looking like she does or having her personality, I just think it's weird that she doesn't have at least some protection on her legs as a mechanic
VIP
By Kalila 2015-05-18 17:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae" Demo Updates to 2.0 Next Month
Update to enhance battle system, camera, and more

Version 2.0 of Final Fantasy XV‘s Episode Duscae demo will launch in early June, Square Enix announced.

When it was first announced last month, Square Enix wasn’t sure whether it’d be able to release it due to uncertainty with console manufacturer’s policies about releasing an update to a demo.

Confirmed features for the update include enhancements to the battle system, camera and targeting enhancements, and additional combat actions. Other features are also under consideration.

Square Enix will share more details in a follow-up report.

updating a demo.... okay that's pretty cool.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-18 18:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
updating a demo.... okay that's pretty cool.
Progress!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 54 55 56