First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 54 55 56
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-27 11:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Details on Final Fantasy XV’s English Voice Acting Surface: Production Could be Faster than Expected

Looks like Square Enix is already working or at least planning the English voice acting of the upcoming JRPG Final Fantasy XV.

Voice Actress Katy Townsend listed “various” roles in the game as part of her resume, as discovered by NeoGAF user Exentryk. Olivia Hack and Greg Berg are now also listed for the title by IMDb, even if it’s worth mentioning that IMDb is a much less reliable source than an actor’s own resume.

Miss Townsend’s resume also lists Chris Borders as Voice Casting Director, which probably means that voice work will be performed by world leading voice over production company TikiMan Productions, of which Borders is CEO.

TikiMan Productions previously worked on several AAA games like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, the whole Gears of War series, Lost Odyssey, Dragon Age: Origins and the Baldur’s Gate saga.

The fact that English voice actors are already being selected could definitely mean that the game may be nearer to completion than many expect. It might also indicate a possible simultaneous worldwide release. It wouldn’t be the first time for Square Enix.

Incidentally, Producer Shinji Hashimoto promised news “shortly” just yesterday during the Japanese launch event of the PS4.

----

Anyone know her? Or the studio? Any guess towards the quality of these english voice actors that we'll have for FFXV?

Production could be faster? I thought they've been pretty much working on the game for about 6+ years at this point XD
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-27 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I want older protagonists in JRPGs in general
you do know thats what FF12 was supposed to be right? Basch was supposed to be the main character, but they shoe horned Vaan and Pennelo in there kinda late in development because they thought that JPs wouldn't want to play a game with a main character in his late 30's early 40's.

ever notice how Vaan and Pennelo never really added anything, just kinda like they were just 'there' ? Thats cause they never were supposed to be there...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-27 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I want older protagonists in JRPGs in general
you do know thats what FF12 was supposed to be right? Basch was supposed to be the main character, but they shoe horned Vaan and Pennelo in there kinda late in development because they thought that JPs wouldn't want to play a game with a main character in his late 30's early 40's.

ever notice how Vaan and Pennelo never really added anything, just kinda like they were just 'there' ? Thats cause they never were supposed to be there...

I know this but I'd like them to work on a game where everything is a bit more mature because the main character is older, would be a nice change.
 Asura.Lewyo
Server: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2014-02-27 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Forgive me, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 12, but has it completely left the turn-based style behind?

I truely hope not cuz no final fantasy single palyer since 10 has been any good, And looking at this i don't think i will bother with a final fantasy again.

They may aswell call FF15 "Final fantasy 15 tomb Raider"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-27 11:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's safe to assume gameplay will be closer to Kingdom Hearts(I think Nomura himself made some comments about it), overall interactive real time battles with support characters on semi-autopilot akin to 12.

Speculation though.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-27 12:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn based is out.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A saw a reviewer that compared it to Devil May Cry.

Final Fantasy.. Devil May Cry.

Final Fantasy is dead to a lot of people now, time to move over to the Bravely Default cult for good.

At least Tales games are good... again.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-27 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

XII was the last good FF. XIII *** up, XIV....lol

For the record I liked Tactics Advance 2 and Revenant Wings.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-27 12:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

TA2 is the game with the highest longevity :| I've played that for centuries!
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

XII was the last good FF for the fact that you could still have control of your characters while maintaining action-RPG play.

Taking away player control was a step backwards, and completely throwing turn based out the window might appeal to some, but will lose your trusted fan base overall.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-27 12:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with SE changing up Final Fantasy in an attempt to westernize. Fair enough. Just churn out 'classic' RPGs on the side or on handhelds like Bravely Default for the niche.

I like my world maps, airships that travel from place to place, grinding and laundry list of sidequests thank you.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-27 12:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not against action oriented battles, we're talking about ps4. For more classic styles there's psv and 3ds, it's a bit of a waste to use something like that for such an advanced platform. As long as it keeps other jrpg elements and FF theme and feel don't care about different routes.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's their plan.. Westernize Final Fantasy for all who want the shiny graphics so they get their numbers, then make DS games where it might not be super shiny graphics, but will appease all the other people who felt "BETRAYAL!"

Can't say I like it, but seeing as how Bravely Second makes me REALLY want to get the game, it's working out for them.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-27 12:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn based just feels out of place in the current generation, at least when the game looks as good as XV does. It works for Bravely Default because it looks like the DS remakes of FFIII and IV.
By Dantedmc 2014-02-27 12:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I like what they have been doing with each new game in the series. They become more action oriented, but still have the charge bar or the jobs etc. XV seems a step too far. I don't really want to play another kingdom hearts game when they are already working on KH3.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-27 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Action is fine, the cast does not look fine. It looks about as generic as you can get for fair haired japanese protags.

Please prove me wrong SE.

If SE wants to evolve FF, take the setting elsewhere. Space? The old west? a waterworld? post-apocalyptic landscape? colonization efforts on some new frontier?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-27 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Action is fine, the cast does not look fine. It looks about as generic as you can get for fair haired japanese protags.

Thats pretty much what I have been saying.
By Dantedmc 2014-02-27 12:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much dude, at least from what I've seen so far.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to laugh if they give you logs to read again to catch up on backstory / story that should have been given to you through a cutscene in the first place.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE wants to evolve FF, take the setting elsewhere. Space? The old west? a waterworld? post-apocalyptic landscape? colonization efforts on some new frontier?
Futuristic impending doom gets a bit old. Why not do a callback to earlier games and set it in old-school medieval times WHERE YOU COULD PUT A DRILL ON THE FRONT OF YOUR AIRSHIP.

Good times.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-27 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If they make the battle system like KHs paired with a non crappy story line it will 100% boost SE back up the glory pole.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-27 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If they want to take us back into space just give us a proper Star Ocean game.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I at least thought The Last Hope was good...

._.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-27 13:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
I at least thought The Last Hope was good...

._.

what exactly was good about that disaster. It had 1 good character, they were smart enough to not unlock him till the last act because you just coasted once you got him.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 13:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

..nostalgia..?

/shame
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-02-27 13:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally loved The Last Hope, even Lymle and Sarah. The graphics were good on PS3, the battle system was fun, the story was pretty good, although short. I liked all the characters, although Edge's voice always got to me. The game was pretty funny at parts too. I think I racked up close to 200hrs when I finally stopped playing.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2014-02-27 13:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Space - Star Ocean
Old West - Wild ARMs
Post-Apocolyptic - Fallout

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
I personally loved The Last Hope, even Lymle and Sarah. The graphics were good on PS3, the battle system was fun, the story was pretty good, although short. I liked all the characters, although Edge's voice always got to me. The game was pretty funny at parts too. I think I racked up close to 200hrs when I finally stopped playing.

I liked it to, I need to go back and finish it >< I put in about 35 hours before RL happened there for a bit ; ;
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-27 13:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to find others that liked that game :D
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-02-27 13:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
I liked it to, I need to go back and finish it >< I put in about 35 hours before RL happened there for a bit ; ;

Although I never played the first Star Ocean (at some point I will) I like how they connected the story to the first, and the second somewhat, with the Kenny guy. But The Second Story will always be the best of the series, and one of the all time greats.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2014-02-27 14:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
Darkalenia said: »

Although I never played the first Star Ocean (at some point I will) I like how they connected the story to the first, and the second somewhat, with the Kenny guy. But The Second Story will always be the best of the series, and one of the all time greats.

I have all of the main series one way or another xD

Star Ocean: First Departure - PSP
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - PSP
Star Ocean Till The End of Time - PS2
Star Ocean: Last Hope - PS3

Has another title been announced recently? I'd be pleasantly surprised to see one announced for PS4.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 54 55 56