By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-02-27 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »

I have all of the main series one way or another xD

Star Ocean: First Departure - PSP
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - PSP
Star Ocean Till The End of Time - PS2
Star Ocean: Last Hope - PS3

Has another title been announced recently? I'd be pleasantly surprised to see one announced for PS4.

I have the DeJap version of first Star Ocean, the PSX Star Ocean: The Second Story, PS2 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and PS3 Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

And as far as any new updates or titles, this is from Wikipedia.

Quote:
In a test play session held for Microsoft Japan employees and some prominent bloggers, when asked if Star Ocean: The Last Hope follows after Star Ocean: Till the End of Time's plot twist, Yamagishi stated in a Q&A session that the world of SO4 exists in a parallel universe from the one in the first three Star Ocean games.[18] When asked if tri-Ace will remake the first three games on a new generation console, Yamagishi stated that he would rather work on a new sequel to Star Ocean than develop remakes, as the development time for them would be very consuming.[19] Since then Yoshinori Yamagishi has stated that he finished with Star Ocean after achieving all he set out to do with the series.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-27 14:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What they need to do, is make a FF game that isn't a bloated cluster F' full of CG CS's that costs 100+ milion to make.

scale back the graphics, make it more bugety, hell maybe even a download only game for X1, PS4 and PC.

Cause that is the problem here, these god damned things have turned into Epic Scaled bloated money sinks. Then to make sure that they make their huge investment back, they have to make sure it appeals to the most people. "turn based" isn't an "In" thing at all, so that has to go, slower paced story driven game play isn't ether, so that has to go, ect.

If they only had a budget of like 10 mill or so, then they wouldn't NEED to appeal to everyone, they could do a "smaller" game that the fans of the series would enjoy, and if it doesn't sell 5 million copies, who cares.

hell I'd be willing to drop 40 dollars on a FF16 on XBox that was download only and more of a throw back to like FF6 or FF9, but I doubt that'll ever happen...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-30 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
According to a Nova Crystallis report via an interview on gaming site Denkiphile, Square Enix art director, art supervisor and character designer Yusuke Naora has joined the Final Fantasy XV development team, with his specific role currently unknown. In addition, Yoshinori Kitase is speculated to have left the project, with new, separate projects cited as the reason for this.

I don't like turnovers during an advanced stage of game developing..bad things can happen :x (ie messing up the project due to change of view)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-30 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That game is so far along that the art style guide has been set in stone, and the characters already designed and story nailed down enough it shouldn't really change anything.

The only way to throw XV under the bus and ruin/drastically change it would be to change the producer/battle designer+planner.
This is mainly due to how much power those roles hold in traditional jp game development and the management hierarchy.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2014-03-30 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
According to a Nova Crystallis report via an interview on gaming site Denkiphile, Square Enix art director, art supervisor and character designer Yusuke Naora has joined the Final Fantasy XV development team, with his specific role currently unknown. In addition, Yoshinori Kitase is speculated to have left the project, with new, separate projects cited as the reason for this.

I don't like turnovers during an advanced stage of game developing..bad things can happen :x (ie messing up the project due to change of view)
Kitase leaving the project is a good thing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [171 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-17 20:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gameplay demo with Type-0 HD (which comes out in March) and new TGS trailer:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-09-17 21:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh... Needs more turn based. I'll buy it when its in the 20$ bin
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-17 21:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes complete sense to have turn-based in a game that looks that realistic and plays on current gen (for consoles at least) hardware

Totally not outdated and far too slow for such an action packed game or anything.

If you want turn based there's plenty on DS and PS2. The only reason it was so popular back in the early days was because of the limitations placed on them.

I really enjoyed the battle system but for current gen it's just not something that should be done, at least not when the game looks as good as it does.

I should also remind you that you haven't tried the game yet and can't say for sure if you hate it or not.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-09-17 21:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FF15 looks like a K-pop fever dream music video
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-09-17 21:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »

Turn based doesn't really put enough enjoyment though, real time battle action has always took the cake for RPGs. It makes the challenge better and turn based action allows to exploit the AI A LOT!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-17 21:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Graphics are nice enough I guess, but absolutely nothing jumps out at me as impressive.

It looks absolutely and completely generic. Zero style of its own; it literally just looks like they took spare animations from Advent Children and turned it into a game.
By Zubis 2014-09-17 21:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomura's no longer director - the guy who directed Crisis Core and Type 0 HD will be directing the rest of the game.

Basically they put the only guy in SE that can deliver games on time and under a budget in charge of the project.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-17 21:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, just looked into this a bit.

XV and Type O share a world with XIII?

Jesus Christ what is their obsession with the XIII universe and spin offs?

I'm just going to go ahead and not buy it. It's the only small amount of power I have in this.

Can we please go back to each FF game having its own styling and setting? I mean, it worked out "okay" for XII and the other Ivalice games, but even that...

Ugh.

Just Ugh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-17 21:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The Nova Crystallis mythos is just a recurring theme. Doesn't mean they share the same universe unless there's something I'm missing.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-17 21:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. Wiki says they share a "common mythos", which to me implies the same world/universe/whatever.

I dunno. I'm going to bed. Will look into it more tomorrow.

I'm really, really bad at following games in development.
By Highwynd 2014-09-17 21:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, I thought this was a Final Fantasy game not Crows Zero.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-17 21:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We can expect there to be common elements in the story but they'll be reinterpreted into whatever narrative the game wants to tell. You won't be running into Lightning or anything, lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-17 21:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, thank god I stopped with XII. I knew it was all downhill from there and sure enough it is. Even the characters all look the same.

If they want to make games like this, take away the Final Fantasy name. I blame the FPS crowd for this abomination to the namesake.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-17 21:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
$20 is generous.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-09-17 21:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus, the unwarranted XIII salt is real.

You should take into account XV was originally vXIII but the name was changed because they're breaking away from the XIII mythos.

I can't say for sure but I have seen nothing of Type-0 that relates to XIII in any shape or form.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-17 22:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this game puts SE so far into the red that when nobody buys it they finally go bankrupt. Any Final Fantasy fan that buys this game is just slapping themselves in the face.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-17 22:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimme, nao
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-17 22:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that was a video for a car commercial not a video game...
[+]
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2014-09-17 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still torn. It looks great but feels so generic...

why can't they make a good old-school Final Fantasy game nowadays outside of Bravely Default
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-17 22:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Wow, thank god I stopped with XII. I knew it was all downhill from there and sure enough it is. Even the characters all look the same.

If they want to make games like this, take away the Final Fantasy name. I blame the FPS crowd for this abomination to the namesake.

My biggest complaint with modern FF games is 90% movie 10% gameplay.

That and I don't really like the combat system.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-09-17 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i want to try 15 but not sure how I feel so far on how it looks. 13 i liked the story and charecters but walking in a line sucked *** and got boring fast. 13-2 was better but story suffered because they dragged it on from orignal 13. then with lightning returns it had a MMO feel to it. the gameplay was alright but story did suffer alot. over all was not that bad if you know what happened in previous games but still. can tell the series is going down hill.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-17 23:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost hate the game already. I'll buy it but if it tanks as bad as XIII in my book, I'll probably never pick up another core FF title without considerable persuading by people with similar taste.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-17 23:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually prefer the turn based combat, damn FPS meatheads :/
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-17 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I almost hate the game already. I'll buy it but if it tanks as bad as XIII in my book, I'll probably never pick up another core FF title without considerable persuading by people with similar taste.

If you are gonna be throwing money at SE, at least wait 2-3 weeks.
Gamers need to realize the whole "Take My Money NOW!" mindset is only hurting them. So many examples of horrible games making huge sums of money just because people WANT IT NOW! Take away the Name and hype of the game/s, and make the designers actually create a game worth playing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 54 55 56