Sazh was awesome because he had a chocobo nest afro

his gunplay, however, was questionable
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 17:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to think after they saved Dalmasca, Ashe took money out of the royal treasury to buy Penelo human clothing. Whatever she was wearing in XII certainly wasn't of this world.

Then again, Ashe is the woman that who miniskirt her way through XII. And people gave Yuna ***for her hotpants in X-2.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-14 17:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't worse than Rosa in IV. SE has this idea that royal women go around half naked.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-14 17:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Auron was the last good character.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 17:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't like Balthier?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here I thought Gaius would sound like the Judge Bergan from XII and how wrong I was. Please XV, get back to the standard XII laid down.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-14 17:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rosa's definitely worse! Thought she is wearing stockings at least
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 17:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 17:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My inner fashionista wants to label XII the worst dressed FF cast. The only person dressed decently is the metro Balthier.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-14 17:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree with that. Vayne and Balthier were the only ones who dressed sensibly

Basche was arguably the worst with his Homie the Clown ***that he had going on, but then I remember Vaan's spray-on abs.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 17:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

His inverted abs lol

Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-02-14 18:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Basch was the last proper and imo the best lead character. His story with his brother was the only thing story wise that made XII good. I just wish that he hadn't been dropped for Vaan (who?).

I wish they'd make more Basch kind of characters, they're the kind of people I want to play as, these typical androgynes bore me to death.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-14 18:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like Basch.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 18:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Basch wasn't a lead character? He clearly was running support for Ashe. You know, every time he attempted to be an advisor when she'd have decisions to make.

That being said, I'd like some older characters in my FF and not some 30 year old who might as well be 60 because they act washed up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 18:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I want older protagonists in JRPGs in general
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-02-14 18:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Basch wasn't a lead character? He clearly was running support for Ashe. You know, every time he attempted to be an advisor when she'd have decisions to make.

That being said, I'd like some older characters in my FF and not some 30 year old who might as well be 60 because they act washed up.
He wasn't THE lead character, which is what annoyed me.

I agree about the washed up part, they should really work on building an old and wise character, this would give us a new feel/atmosphere. I'm surprised they didn't do it yet, from a game designer point of view it would be something interesting to explore.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I want older protagonists in JRPGs in general
Pretty much.

This is what made me enjoy Lost Odyssey for example, among other things.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't like Basch.
Mi piace.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2014-02-14 18:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit I STILL haven't played through FF12 once, or for that matter 13-2
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 19:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should try it just for the world and gameplay since story gets a bit ehh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-14 19:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You didn't like Balthier?

Hell no, he was full of ***.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 19:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is afraid an older protagonist will scare off the young gamers who need to see an unrealistic 17 year old dude with a six pack act as an interactive camera for the duration of the game.

Nevermind the Sephiroth, Kefka, Auron, Jecht fanbases who are all 'old' by Final Fantasy standards or people like Shepard, Master Chief, the protagonists of Assassin's Creed, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto et al.

Wish I was privy to the results of focus group reactions to Vaan and see which persons actually wanted to *be* Vaan. I know I'd rather be the Bangaa dude who sells items at the Bazaar over Vaan or maybe Ba'Gamnan or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-02-14 19:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kytes was better than Vaan
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-02-14 20:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand why they're afraid of making old protagonists. When I go to Distant Worlds concerts or when I see the average age of people playing FFXI and FFXIV (I don't have data for offline games but I'm pretty sure the age is not too far off), said age is nowhere near these androgynes teenagers that fill the games SE has made for the past decade.

I mean, look at Dynasty Warriors, the thing is very popular even among girls/women and while some of them look like your average androgyne teenager/young man, you still have a good deal of old beard guys who are the definition of badass.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-02-14 20:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So looks already define plot quality and character depht? That's really stupid.

Because the previous trailer already subtly inserted lots of visual elements that's obviously aiming for the Fujoshi market. I know a tons of fans already into FFXV before FFXIII release....

Personally I doubt a story aiming for Fujoshi market can have good plot quality and character depth, on top of SE haven't come out with a RPG with plot quality and character depth for years.
I agree it's completely biased opinion that's based on nothing except intuition. But SE destroyed fan's faith with previous titles, so the doubt is legit :X
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-14 20:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: The face of the yaoi market.

FFXV's logo - A crystal penis.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-02-14 20:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The fujoshi market sails strong.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-15 05:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if the main character brushes his hair, Nomura designed them and we all know he is obsessed with fashion. Doesn't say anything about the story, KH saga is awesome.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-27 09:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Details on Final Fantasy XV’s English Voice Acting Surface: Production Could be Faster than Expected

Looks like Square Enix is already working or at least planning the English voice acting of the upcoming JRPG Final Fantasy XV.

Voice Actress Katy Townsend listed “various” roles in the game as part of her resume, as discovered by NeoGAF user Exentryk. Olivia Hack and Greg Berg are now also listed for the title by IMDb, even if it’s worth mentioning that IMDb is a much less reliable source than an actor’s own resume.

Miss Townsend’s resume also lists Chris Borders as Voice Casting Director, which probably means that voice work will be performed by world leading voice over production company TikiMan Productions, of which Borders is CEO.

TikiMan Productions previously worked on several AAA games like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, the whole Gears of War series, Lost Odyssey, Dragon Age: Origins and the Baldur’s Gate saga.

The fact that English voice actors are already being selected could definitely mean that the game may be nearer to completion than many expect. It might also indicate a possible simultaneous worldwide release. It wouldn’t be the first time for Square Enix.

Incidentally, Producer Shinji Hashimoto promised news “shortly” just yesterday during the Japanese launch event of the PS4.

----

Anyone know her? Or the studio? Any guess towards the quality of these english voice actors that we'll have for FFXV?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-02-27 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
My inner fashionista wants to label XII the worst dressed FF cast. The only person dressed decently is the metro Balthier.

And well-dressed he is.

Man, I want to dress like a sky pirate every day.

Also, I want to have Gideon Emery's voice. My wife would melt.
By Leoheart 2014-02-27 10:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find anything about that Katy Townsends VA history with the games listed, Imdb lists a few films she is in but that's it.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-02-27 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just me but I'm feeling that I'm now gravitated towards 'Mature' male main characters or independent and smart female main characters rather than young bishounen and romantic girls.

I feel that FFXV is something of an action bishounen game. It's not something that I'd like to play. Maybe, it's because I generally don't like action game. Too linear, too 'walled up', too twitch-skill focus, no freedom, no strategy...etc. FFXII was the last single player FF in the series that I played - good game play, meh story though.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 54 55 56