Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-11 11:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
that would be kick attacks rate, not kick attacks damage like af 119

I assumed it was a mistake, because if you got kick attack rate +85% then with Hesy legs... you have 100% kick attack rate...
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-13 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

glanz and either tin or vere > everything else.... relic knuckles DO NOT beat tinhaspa...
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-11-14 06:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of relic monks have you been parsing against?
Bonanza winners?
[+]
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-14 09:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of Tinhaspa holders you been parsing aginst? ones that dont have the Acc to hit?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-14 10:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
glanz and either tin or vere > everything else.... relic knuckles DO NOT beat tinhaspa...

Yeah, this isn't true. Vere do not beat Spharai, and Tinh do not beat Spharai unless you need the accuracy.

Relic is still awesome and IMO you could make Spharai for monk and call it a day. Glanzfaust are awesome but monk lacks the AM3 maintenance that makes Koga and Ryunohige so damn good.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-11-14 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I play with a Ryo DRG frequently in a merc group. He is by no means gimp or a bad player, but he always gets his *** handed to him in parse by TIn MNK and TSU SAM.
***-handed-to-him (more than double his dmg% by the SAM, frequently enough for it to be normal)
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-14 10:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1 player does not make an argument valid. Most likely, the SAM and MNK have far superior sets overall than the DRG. If not, then he is definitely not playing his job properly. We're talking overall performance, not one individual.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-11-14 10:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I play with a Ryo DRG frequently in a merc group. He is by no means gimp or a bad player, but he always gets his *** handed to him in parse by TIn MNK and TSU SAM.
***-handed-to-him (more than double his dmg% by the SAM, frequently enough for it to be normal)

SAM should never be doing double his damage percentage... your Ryu DRG friend needs to work out what he is doing wrong.

That being said..

It also depends heavily on the fight you are mercing. SAM will always destroy Ryu DRG in lets say Stellar Fulcrum zerg, but DRG with Ryu can compete with and sometimes out-parse Koga SAMs in Incursion. Old Delve and Old Content, everything is about even to be honest.

SE has been very good to DRG lately.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-11-16 11:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Calibeaner916 said: »

Yeah, this isn't true. Vere do not beat Spharai, and Tinh do not beat Spharai unless you need the accuracy.

Relic is still awesome and IMO you could make Spharai for monk and call it a day. Glanzfaust are awesome but monk lacks the AM3 maintenance that makes Koga and Ryunohige so damn good.

MNK has zero issues maintaining AM3 with Glanzfaust. With normal party buffs (Haste, March x2), it only takes around 20-25 seconds to put AM3 with it currently active.
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2014-11-28 16:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly dumb Q but wanted to double-check to be sure. Just got Oatixur (new back to game, will work on Tin asap). These handily beat out Maochinoli with oat/crit hit % right? Aka, can toss?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-28 16:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quintow said: »
Possibly dumb Q but wanted to double-check to be sure. Just got Oatixur (new back to game, will work on Tin asap). These handily beat out Maochinoli with oat/crit hit % right? Aka, can toss?

The biggest diferential of diferent ilvs are added acc and att. So, in any situation where you can consider youre nearly capped, thats it, old content, where youre for sure capped in acc, and close to cap with rcb, the little advantage of dmg wont outshine 30-40% oat.

In others words, for dynamis or salvage, probably oat (occ atta twice) will be more advantageous than the extra att/acc/dmg from ilv119 oat (weapon).
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-11-28 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

SAM should never be doing double his damage percentage... your Ryu DRG friend needs to work out what he is doing wrong.

That being said..

It also depends heavily on the fight you are mercing. SAM will always destroy Ryu DRG in lets say Stellar Fulcrum zerg, but DRG with Ryu can compete with and sometimes out-parse Koga SAMs in Incursion. Old Delve and Old Content, everything is about even to be honest.

SE has been very good to DRG lately.
No, you cant. Cowboys lost.
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2014-11-28 17:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Quintow said: »

The biggest diferential of diferent ilvs are added acc and att. So, in any situation where you can consider youre nearly capped, thats it, old content, where youre for sure capped in acc, and close to cap with rcb, the little advantage of dmg wont outshine 30-40% oat.

In others words, for dynamis or salvage, probably oat (occ atta twice) will be more advantageous than the extra att/acc/dmg from ilv119 oat (weapon).

Excellent. I kind of was thinking this would be the answer. /salute
 Phoenix.Jiluun
Server: Phoenix
user: jiluun
By Phoenix.Jiluun 2014-11-29 06:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have up to date sets for low/mid/high accuracy for melee/ws for Mythic and non Mythic Onwers. Thanks
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-11-29 06:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i think most of these are still applicable, just change the order in which you swap them if you're non mythic

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fenrir/Ramzus#item-sets
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-11-29 08:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sokushitsu Sune-ate is a minor upgrade for tp sets I think?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-30 09:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Onimusha-no-Kote Are these even useful with current gear allowed ? I'm thinking maybe a fodder set if you don't have da or crit on Otronif Gloves +1?
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-30 12:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Onimusha-no-Kote Are these even useful with current gear allowed ? I'm thinking maybe a fodder set if you don't have da or crit on Otronif Gloves +1?

Nomkahpa mittens +1 are fairly cheap now, enough so that onimusha are more or less moot.
By Cherrywine 2014-12-02 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Long time reader, first time poster... I've recently returned to the game after a 2.5 year hiatus. I understand /run is used for defensive purposes for some fights. Is it recommended to have a magic attack bonus gear set for Lunge? A few pages back, a set was posted for exactly this purpose, though the gear listed may no longer be optimal. I've asked around, and no one seems to actually be using such a set. I take Mnk seriously, but I don't want to waste effort/resources/inventory on something unnecessary. Thoughts? Thank you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 10:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The sub RUN is mostly for breaking auras in Delve. Only really defensively used for the new avatar fights.

It's not make or break to use a MAB set for lunge/swipe. Nice to have, not a big deal to not bother. (it's about 10x more damage from tp set to MAB set) 200 vs 2000.
 Sylph.Leafe
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2014-12-02 11:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably comes down to how often you plan to play /run. If you're on MNK/RUN often enough and have the inventory space to spare, then yes by building a MAB set you'll notice a fairly decent increase in your swipe/lunge damage. Personally my Lunge set is mostly comprised of pieces I've pulled from my other jobs like BLM or GEO and a couple random drops I received along the way, not stuff I actively went out and bought/farmed for the sole purpose of building a Lunge set.
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-04 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

VS still ws of choice with relic?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-12-04 15:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe it depends on how much tp you have. i think if you WS right at 1000, VS is best, if you build up/overflow to 1500 and on, raging fists and howling win?
By Ryug1 2014-12-06 04:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be better pants for VS Wukong's hakama +1 or do the Quiahuiz trousers still do better in ws?
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-12-06 11:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryug1 said: »
What would be better pants for VS Wukong's hakama +1 or do the Quiahuiz trousers still do better in ws?

Too lazy to spreadsheet it. Most like, Quiahuiz unless you need the accuracy, or are attack capped.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-12-15 20:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

VICTORY SMITE SET: (12-14-2014)
ItemSet 331653

got:
| *Elemental Belt (Light / Dark / Thunder) |
| *Anguinious Belt (ATK+15 ACC+15 DA+1%) |
| *Buq Mantle (STR+8 ATK+10) |
|__________________________________________________|

Anyone would please help me Fix my SET !

Of course with Armor I Posted up there and what I got Available PLEASE
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-12-15 21:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
VICTORY SMITE SET: (12-14-2014)
ItemSet 331653

got:
| *Elemental Belt (Light / Dark / Thunder) |
| *Anguinious Belt (ATK+15 ACC+15 DA+1%) |
| *Buq Mantle (STR+8 ATK+10) |
|__________________________________________________|

Anyone would please help me Fix my SET !

Of course with Armor I Posted up there and what I got Available PLEASE

ADD: Vespid Mantle , Wanion Belt

Legs I use on set got Augment: STR+8 HEAD: DEX+8
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-16 04:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

More discussion about Onimusha-no-kote please?
I'm getting strange results against Otronif +1 (+2 Crit).
Normally Onimusha are better but they start falling behind Otronif once you start getting close to the attack cap. Actually much before that.

Overall, dunno, they seem kinda slightly inferior, can't find an use for these hands on MNK...
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 363 364 365