iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 363 364 365
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-12-16 08:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
More discussion about Onimusha-no-kote please?
I'm getting strange results against Otronif +1 (+2 Crit).
Normally Onimusha are better but they start falling behind Otronif once you start getting close to the attack cap. Actually much before that.

Overall, dunno, they seem kinda slightly inferior, can't find an use for these hands on MNK...

I Personally Like Otronif +1 for TP-ing only.

Store TP and Double ATK+2% makes it nice.

But Onimusha-no-kote might have its uses too.

not for TP-ing I take.

you could try them for Decoration :P

Plenty of better gloves out there in my opinion such as Relic +1 (119) AF +1 (119) Otronif +1 (119)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-16 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only use I could find was for Raging Fists, they come up as best option than everything else I've tried.
Kinda meh, if it's just for that I'll just put them on mule and save 1 inventory space >.>
By Yandaime 2014-12-23 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Noob Question:
With the update's change in Accuracy values, does H2H count as Single-Handed?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if our Accuracy caps at 99% now.

My apologies if this was already asked.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-23 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H was not included in the 99% hit rate cap update.
By Yandaime 2014-12-23 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
H2H was not included in the 99% hit rate cap update.

booo. Thanks for the information
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2014-12-24 10:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back after 2 years and this guide is a little outdated. I couldnt find a better guide anywhere else though. What is the augment on the moonshade earring for a fulltime mnk. I heard its a ws piece now with brutal earring, while the blade and steelbotn are for TP phase now. What is the best current TP phase for a glanzfaust user and best V.Smite WS set? Thanks.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-12-24 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagarikano said: »
I just came back after 2 years and this guide is a little outdated. I couldnt find a better guide anywhere else though. What is the augment on the moonshade earring for a fulltime mnk. I heard its a ws piece now with brutal earring, while the blade and steelbotn are for TP phase now. What is the best current TP phase for a glanzfaust user and best V.Smite WS set? Thanks.

Llewelyn posted 2 posts above yours. He has (mostly) current sets for every possible situation under the sun for WS and for Glanzfaust.
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 11:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
VICTORY SMITE SET: (12-14-2014)
ItemSet 331653

got:
| *Elemental Belt (Light / Dark / Thunder) |
| *Anguinious Belt (ATK+15 ACC+15 DA+1%) |
| *Buq Mantle (STR+8 ATK+10) |
|__________________________________________________|

Anyone would please help me Fix my SET !

Of course with Armor I Posted up there and what I got Available PLEASE

ADD: Vespid Mantle , Wanion Belt

Legs I use on set got Augment: STR+8 HEAD: DEX+8

I still use rancor collar/ifrit ring/rajas, buquwik cape, caudata belt for smite.

As far as weapons go, did some 4/4/4 outer skirmishes and spharai were pulling ahead of vere by about 20-30dps, not a large sample size though. Mythic will probably still pull ahead. I don't have tins, but the only way I could talk myself into it is for pup.

Edit - now that I think about it, i think i am using tantra tath. for ammo, not sure if any of that is optimal though. I'm almost positive wanion is obsolete now and the gorgets/belts are really only optimal for non-smite ws afaik.
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2014-12-29 17:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Windbuffet +1 is often ahead of all other belts. Depending on how much atk you have or how low the mobs def is can play a roll in gear sets. Whats generally best or close to best without being more than 100-200 ws dmg off is whirlpool mask, rancor collar, tantra tathlum, TP bonus moon shade + brutal, dread jupon, archite hands+1, eponas + rajas, Buquwik cape, Wukong legs+1, quaxxo feet c path. (spharai)

this is one of the best sets on tojil if all you have is brd songs and no cor or geo. /war not berserking and cycling focus/aggressor.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-31 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the DA on the jupon be better than the -1 stat modifier over anch+1 body?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-03 02:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Windbuffet +1 is often ahead of all other belts. Depending on how much atk you have or how low the mobs def is can play a roll in gear sets. Whats generally best or close to best without being more than 100-200 ws dmg off is whirlpool mask, rancor collar, tantra tathlum, TP bonus moon shade + brutal, dread jupon, archite hands+1, eponas + rajas, Buquwik cape, Wukong legs+1, quaxxo feet c path. (spharai)

this is one of the best sets on tojil if all you have is brd songs and no cor or geo. /war not berserking and cycling focus/aggressor.

In that scenario wanion should easily be top belt. Can't ever justify winbuffet as a ws belt tbh. Other than that I could agree. Was running some numbers to see if I should bother updating sets with new gear etc.

Talked about Dread like 3 months ago, turned out to be best body for anything I could run unless impetus had something like 20+ consecutive hits.

Thing I'm wondering about, Sokushitsu should be pretty much better in every way than Anchorites feet, but doesn't turn out that way on paper. Anyone run them and find opposing conclusion? I must be in a HUGE sweetspot for Ddex, cause that 5 dex is equal to 20 dps.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-03 03:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Thing I'm wondering about, Sokushitsu should be pretty much better in every way than Anchorites feet, but doesn't turn out that way on paper. Anyone run them and find opposing conclusion? I must be in a HUGE sweetspot for Ddex, cause that 5 dex is equal to 20 dps.
Assuming Impetus up, with Glanzfaust AM3, even with 5% critical hit rate from DEX Anchorite +1 doesn't pull ahead. With Spharai (with minimal spreadsheet-fu since this doesn't concern me very much; I'm not crazy enough to make separate builds for dDex values) with 4%-5% critical hit rate at uncapped ratio they'll surpass Sokushitsu by a small amount; 3% they'll be about equal. At capped ratio they'd need 4% crit rate from dDex to equate to Sokushitsu and 5% to surpass them. This may change depending on varying STP values you may have from gear or other sources.
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2015-01-04 12:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote= Llewelyn posted 2 posts above yours. He has (mostly) current sets for every possible situation under the sun for WS and for Glanzfaust.[/quote] Thank you, found it :)

Also, Do you macro The Relic hands 119 just for the boost and than switch to another set of hands for the ws, or you just keep them equipped for the Weaponskill.
By fillerbunny9 2015-01-04 12:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it has been commonly agreed upon for a long while now that Boost is generally not worth the added delay when using a weaponskill. unless the augmentation of Temple Gloves into Anchorites +1 (Relic hands augment merits into Invigorate, not boost) has changed anything with regards to this (and I doubt it has) you should be just using the weaponskill.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-04 12:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagarikano said: »
[/quote= Llewelyn posted 2 posts above yours. He has (mostly) current sets for every possible situation under the sun for WS and for Glanzfaust.[/quote] Thank you, found it :)

Also, Do you macro The Relic hands 119 just for the boost and than switch to another set of hands for the ws, or you just keep them equipped for the Weaponskill.
You get anywhere from 150-400 extra damage on boost. Its anywhere from 20-50 extra DPS when you dont have haste or march songs. But any time you have haste or march songs youll actually gimp your dmg to boost. I have found in the art of being el lazy that even when im solo, the content is obviously easy enough that an extra 100-300 dmg on a ws or 20-50DPS a mob really isnt worth my time of hitting another macro.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-04 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

One underused thing that i do and perhaps ill put together a set of 5-7 items for it, is boosting a bunch before a NM and chi blast. I get anywhere from 800-2000 dmg without it being the ideal 11 boost while in my tp gear. This is a good thing to do when youre standing idle before you fight the delve mega boss or any high tier BCNM while your pt is buffing.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-04 13:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the spam, one last thought now that were talking about boost. Just for the lol's has anyone tried boostx11 + 3000tp + Sneak attack full swing with the epic DMG staffs we have now? I remember at 75 cap people could pull off 2000 dmg full swing on tiamat which was ludacris at the time.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-05 11:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently started playing a bit again, and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the new gear choices. Last played in like September of 2013.

Looks like the gear I want to go after is i119 Relic/AF to supplement some of the other decent pieces I still have, but the OP hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Currently, I have:

Weapon: Oatixur, unlocked Victory Smite
- Not sure I want to spend the time/gil on Tinhaspa right now with so much else to do
- Is Victory Smite going to be my best WS pretty much all around?

Armor Sets:
- Full Rank 15 STR Manibozho
- Full NQ Otronif with decent (not perfect) augments

Other pieces:
- Whirlpool Mask, Uk'uxkaj Cap, Steelflash/Bladeborn, Asperity Neck, Justicar's, Honed/Potestas, Atheling/Anchoret, NQ Windbuffet...

- ...and Thaumus Coat (is this still best in slot?)

Are there any specific pieces I should be immediately trying to upgrade, obtain or buy?

How tough are the new BC's / can they be done with a party of three and three trust NPCs / can they be done with players between iLevel 100-110?
By fillerbunny9 2015-01-06 03:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the fights for REMs tales chapters 1-5 can be done by a competent party in your current level of gear on at least Normal. the standout pieces tend to be relic gloves/legs and AF feet, with AF Gloves, Body, and Head having situational uses. at a minimum they make for some solid WS choices barring some of the other stronger gear out there.

B path Tinhaspa are generally going to be your strongest non-REM weapon for current endgame content thanks to both their raw power as well as their accuracy.

Thaumus Coat is still an extremely powerful piece, though many people have migrated to things like Qaaxo Harness or even Emet Harness +1 due to added durability. (both are going to set you back some Gil, as well as getting the base pieces unless you get lucky) Qaaxo paths A and B are both solid DD options, though whether the Accuracy of path B or the Double Attack of path A are going to benefit you more will depend on the rest of your gear.

while the Naakul event is still going on, get as many pieces as you can augmented. Monk specific items of interest are the Quiahuiz Trousers with STR +8 for Smite as well as DEX +8 on Uk'uxkaj Cap. making a pair of OaT H2H are great for lower iLevel content or just older content like Salvage or Dynamis farming. details here: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Prah_Janimhar

personally, I would recommend starting your AF/Relic upgrades due to their ease of acquisition, getting Naakul KIs/augmented gear while the event is going on and people are doing them, and then round out the rest of your gear from there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-06 05:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

^
Above is very solid info.

As for some of the pieces you've named:
- Whirlpool Mask, Still a very solid Accuracy piece
- Uk'uxkaj Cap, covered above
- Steelflash/Bladeborn, Asperity Neck, Both still relevant
- Justicar's, solid for a couple of Weapon skills, I personally prefer Rancor for Smite.
- Honed, Solid when you need accuracy.
- Potestas, there are some better choices out there but require some luck. Aim for a Ginsen when you can.
- Atheling, Still relevant in capped accuracy situations.
- Anchoret, Good for accuracy although I personally prefer Letalis.
- NQ Windbuffet, not a bad piece but if you have a few mil lying around get a +1
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-06 06:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleating Mantle from Unity should replace Atheling Mantle :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-06 11:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
How tough are the new BC's / can they be done with a party of three and three trust NPCs / can they be done with players between iLevel 100-110?

You should be able to do normal for all REM 1-5 with just you+WHM, assuming proper gear choices. I'm comfortable enough with them that I do it in a max TP set, but I'd definitely start with a turtle set so you're not throwing out orbs hoping to make the fight a few minutes faster. If you can get a BRD friend should be able to do difficult everything. I haven't tried using trusts in place of real people, but keep in mind BRD is doing things like Lullaby, WHM is giving things like Barspell/Sarconsanctity for Astral Flow etc, things a simple Cure/March spam trust won't be able to cover. Though if you were planning on bringing 2 other DD as your real people, you'd probably burn through the fight too quickly anyways.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-01-06 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
DEX +8 on Uk'uxkaj Cap

I'm a MNK nub, so serious question: Why DEX instead of STR. dDEX as an explanation is the only thing I can come up with. And that one is pretty far-fetched.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-06 12:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
I'm a MNK nub, so serious question: Why DEX instead of STR. dDEX as an explanation is the only thing I can come up with. And that one is pretty far-fetched.

I think its pretty much that, Tojil is the strongest target spreadsheets have to my knowledge and you start to hit the sweetspot with today's gearing options; I get DEX to be better on him but chose STR assuming its better for anything higher.
 Phoenix.Keme
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2015-01-07 06:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's mostly for Victory Smite, which need crit+(DEX give it), and can be used for Shijin Spial(DEX mod)
By lucidious 2015-01-07 14:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332139

This is my current VS set for mnk (yes I am aware it is obvious because of the gear choices used and the weapon). I was hoping someone could give me advice on what I need to fix to make this set better. Very much appreciated.

oh and Uk'uxcaj cap has str8 augment on it
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2015-01-07 15:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vulcan's pearl, AF+1 pants
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-07 20:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using a very similar setup. Here's what's different on mine:

-Dread Jupon for body piece
-Quiahuiz Trousers augmented with +8 STR
-Brutal/Moonshade (TP Bonus) combo
-Qaaxo feet C path (gives 12 STR and 15 ATK)
-Tantra Tathlum (Though Potestas bomblet is probably better if your attack isnt capped)
By lucidious 2015-01-07 20:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »

why use af1 pants when these have more str?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-07 21:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lucidious said: »
Asura.Slugman said: »

why use af1 pants when these have more str?
No reason. Dunno why that was suggested. In addition to Nokturnall's swaps, I'd throw in Windbuffet +1 for waist, Epona's Ring over Rajas and Floestone if you can pick it up. Don't remember if Rancor neck/Buquwik or Gorget/Rancor back is the better combo. Qaaxo body path B is competitive with Dread Jupon as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 363 364 365