Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 262 263 264
By geigei 2015-05-26 02:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

554 waltzes atm, still room for improvement.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-31 15:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rawhide A15 offers DEX+10 and STR+7, so for sure there's gonna be some changes. The body and hands in particular trump Taeon since they come with good melee stats and have such ridiculous amounts of DEX that it's just not a contest. There's also the new Enforcer's Harness, which is going to be ideal for any stacked WSs and Evisceration.

Path D for all but the body haven't been reported yet, as ABC are shared amongst the set but D is unique for each piece. Going by updated spreadsheets, Taeon head and legs (atk/acc, TA, STR/DEX) will still beat Rawhide A, while feet in both will be close enough that you can just hang onto the Taeon.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ladyofhonor 2015-06-01 02:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious what others considered for earring options. Coming up on the DW gift soon-ish (well, by the end of the next campaign) and that means in haste capped situations I only need 6% DW for cap, which either my geo dualbox or trusts accomplish for me.

I've used the DW set earrings as a staple for a while, and that goes 1% over what I need. And for non-CP gaining situations I'll have up to DW5 from my JSE cape, so that goes overboard. Is the next step the DA set of earrings? Brutal/Raider's? Brutal/???
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-06-01 03:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the JSE cape and DA set earrings or Tripudio/Brutal if you have it. Don't bother with 1% DW left.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-01 03:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
Use the JSE cape and DA set earrings or Tripudio/Brutal if you have it. Don't bother with 1% DW left.
That's what I was thinking I'd do once I got the job gift, right now I can do Canny + Earrings for 11% (My Canny is only at 4% right now), with the gift I'll probably just do Canny and be 2% short.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-02 22:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Isa Belt is for pets, not you. I'd suggest flume.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-06-02 22:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

what are ws sets looking like these days? i cant find anything post Rudra Nerf
By geigei 2015-06-03 02:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gear for rudra.
By geigei 2015-06-03 03:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For rudra i use same set for stacked/unstacked, full taeon some with ws dmg some with str/dex, fotia's, brutal/tpbonus, jse cape...i never use evi cause of crit random.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-06-03 03:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
ItemSet 331676

Feel free to pick it apart guys... most up to date set I could find vs time spent searching through Item Sets. Besides +1'ing the rings and ammo I don't see anything wrong with it, though prob better to go for gorget and belt over what he has. Hmm and I think grounding mantle gives more dex iirc.

Can anyone tell me statistically what are the best stats to go for and weight them for me, for rudra's, rudra's TA, rudra's SA and just evisceration? Would really appreciate it thanks.

Personally, I use the same accessories as you but I do 5/5 Taeon with triple attack when unstacked.

For stacked I wear crit hit dmg + gears, aka AF head/hands/legs/feet and relic body, with the same accessories as you.

I don't use spreadsheet and I am probably doing it wrong but since you wanted insights on what we use nowadays lol.

I also rock Izhiiko/Vagary daggers because lately, all I kill are foes and death seems to proc quite often, which is nice for slit farming.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-03 04:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

One other small change although incredibly small, Qirmiz Tathlum is better than Yetshila for stacked Rudra's, both have 5% crit damage but Qirmiz has 3 attack compared to the useless 1% crit rate.
By aisukage 2015-06-03 04:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 331676

Feel free to pick it apart guys... most up to date set I could find vs time spent searching through Item Sets. Besides +1'ing the rings and ammo I don't see anything wrong with it, though prob better to go for gorget and belt over what he has. Hmm and I think grounding mantle gives more dex iirc.

Can anyone tell me statistically what are the best stats to go for and weight them for me, for rudra's, rudra's TA, rudra's SA and just evisceration? Would really appreciate it thanks.

Wouldn't Canny cape be better mine has DEX +3 and crit DMG +3% augmented on it.

Also what about fotia acc's compared to straight up DEX?
By geigei 2015-06-03 05:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 335695

My set, still room for improvement but i have other priorities atm.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-03 05:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a well augmented Canny Cape will beat Kayapa, also previously mentioned it but Yetshila +1 > Qirmiz > Yetshila for stacked Rudra's, if you're not stacking then probably a Jukikik Feather.
By Ulthakptah 2015-06-03 11:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also remember that gear swap can handle items with different augments, so you can get 2 canny capes and have one with 3 crit damage and one with 5 dw
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-04 13:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Partly up to date, instead of creating a section for JPs/Gifts, I've just manually entered what I have. I could work on it sometime, but not for a bit since I've got a lot coming up. I kinda think the main page needs an overhaul, or just make a new thread or something.
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-05 14:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this for a DT set for THF:

ItemSet 335687

Iuitil augs: Phys taken -4% Magic Taken -4%
Earrings: Phys taken -2%
Ring: Phys Magic and Breath -6%

Totals:
DT: -20%
PDT: -34%
MDT: -26%
BDT: -6%

Emet Harness +1 is an extra 2% -PDT and better all around.

Umuthi Gloves are -4% PDT, better stats and don't require $$ for Augmentation.

Also, are you saying Iuitl -1 can be augmented with both MDT AND PDT?

Lastly, you listed PDT as -34% but the set pictured is actually already at the 50% cap.
Rings: -16
Neck: -5
Iuitlx5: -20
Back: -5
Waist: -4

That's 50, without the earrings. Emet makes 52%, but could free up 1 Iuitl spot, or waist spot, only dropping you to 48% with use of 1 slot + both earrings.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-05 14:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He's listing -DT and -PDT separately.

Quote:
Also, are you saying Iuitl -1 can be augmented with both MDT AND PDT?

Yes, it can.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-06-06 09:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do any of the Escha pieces stand out for THF? I noticed the Rawhide set -- Vest with TA+2% base and TA+2% augment for TP and Hands for WS (DEX+41 base with STR and DEX augment) look nice.

Also, is critical hit damage or weapon skill damage better for taeon stuff in rudra WS set? Could someone describe the best augment choices for Taeon WS and some TP? I used to use Dual Wield augment for TP but changed to Triple Attack, for instance.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-06 10:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Rawhide body and hands path A (DEX+10, STR+7, INT+7) will trump Taeon body and hands, though you might prefer Taeon hands for TP since Rawhide hands don't have TA or Dual Wield. The elusive enforcer's harness is the new ideal stacked body, but I have yet to hear which NM even drops it.

Taeon tends to perform better in the hierarchy of STR/DEX > WS Damage > Crit Damage. The issue with both crit and WS damage is that Taeon's base DEX is considerably lower than pieces like AF, relic, etc. With the exception of the feet, you'd be struggling to get good augments on something that ends up being worse than simple AF upgrades. Feet are an exception because there are no crit/WS damage boots yet. Depending on the rest of your gear, STR/DEX may come ahead of WS or Crit damage.
By geigei 2015-06-06 10:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At 24mil each for rank15...i'll stick with taeon.

Or is it 12mil?
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 262 263 264