For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 261 262 263
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-20 15:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean feet are also great for an evasion set.

What IS the best hands for TP on THF, then?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-20 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Varies by content:

Accuracy: Empy 119
PDT/Acc: Umuthi or Qaaxo (B)
Multihit: Taeon with TA for Leaf (aim for Acc/Att+20 for a very well rounded piece)
Dual Wield: Taeon with DW for Leaf
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-21 13:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely, though I imagine that it will be very limited availability and extremely pricey (probably more so than a Mandau) for some time.

By the way, it's not included in that picture, but these weapons are apparently Superior 2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 14:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
From my calculations, in nearly all situations, STR/DEX+7 is the ideal augment for Taeon's dusk slot, regardless of whether you're meleeing or WSing. The only time it loses to different augments, the difference is negligible. Crit Damage always comes behind WS Damage, also.

Fair enough, STR/DEX+7 may indeed be king. Point remains though, it's not an absolutely massive difference between that and other good DD options - and it also varies a bit by job. With Dusk prices being as they are, I'd happily accept Crit+3, STR+10, etc. If gil is no object for you or if Dusk become super cheap in time (and augments don't change), maybe worth optimizing with STR/DEX.

As for WS Damage, yeah that's very strong for WS... though obviously does nothing on a TP piece. I have enough THF Taeon sets already between TA and DW that I don't really want to have to lug around a WS set too, so I deal with other options (or just using my TA/Acc+Atk/whatever - like my DEX+10 feet) for WS despite knowing the truly optimal WS piece has WSDmg aug.
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-21 15:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty much, I finally caved and started to work on an augmented Taeon set. I threw a NQ duskslit at the gloves and got crit damage +3% and that will be good enough for me until something comes to replace taeon.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-21 16:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to make a THF idle set. Any suggestions?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 21:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Looking to make a THF idle set. Any suggestions?

I like this one, with movement speed +18% and PDT-49%~50% (depending on day for Colossus's Earring). If you mean "idle" not moving around, can add a DT- feet option (Qaaxo, Iuitl+1) to cap easily.
ItemSet 335455
*Qaaxo legs are the weirdo path C MEva+15/PDT-5% ones.
*Iuitl+1 PDT-/MDT- whatever you can get (max -4%).
*Dark Ring also whatever you can get, PDT/MDT/BDT up to -6%
*I don't bother to white box the Flume Belt because everyone has better things to do with their gil than that ;)

Some alternatives include:
Ammo: Sihirik
Head: Lithelimb Cap
Earrings: Augmented Black Earrings or Hibern. Earring (from Dho Gates NM), but I wouldn't really sweat the ear slots.
Hands: Iuitl+1
Rings: Vocane Ring (if you happen to have it from PLD or something), Patricius Ring
Legs: Iuitl+1 or Qaaxo B (both a slight downgrade from Qaaxo C)
Feet: Skadi+1 for movement speed, or the slightly worse AF feet. Iuitl+1 or Qaaxo B for PDT.

I'm not really up on my Escha augmented armor to know whether there are any replacements from there. Probably not for body/legs though, and feet are kinda reserved for movement speed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 21:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I'm lazy and just do a regen set :| I need a turtle set though. But honestly 99.999% of the time I'm idle I'm not taking any damage whatsoever and a regen set helps me keep hp up in Skirmish and Dynamis.

LOL yeah that works too but I'm also lazy and have stopped bothering to carry around my regen idle set.

If you wanted that though, some options (EDIT: went back and I don't think I'm missing much if anything. Also, I wouldn't actually use the boomerang unless you're really trying to show off with regen, but it exists):
ItemSet 335457
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 21:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I edited my post. That looks awesome though this headpiece is newer and better but 1.3 mil:
smilodon mask +1

Smilodon+1 is better from an ilevel def/stat standpoint, but only gets 1hp/tic if the item description is accurate. Ocelomeh+1 gets 2hp/tic so wins if you're just maximizing regen and not caring much about defense.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-21 21:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think, great solo dagger where you can't summon trusts (like dyna)?

how do you get this ?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-05-23 18:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

nibiru knife might be another good option depending on which augments can be slapped on it.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-23 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 105 smithing, Vulcanite Ore (from Escha) + Misericorde + Dark Matter.

By the way, from what I've seen so far, the augments on the Escha gear (Rawhide and Pursuer's) are kinda mediocre, with stats like +HP, +Subtle Blow, etc. Not to say they're useless, nor do I have a complete list of Rank 15 Augments, but it seems safe to say they won't be replacing Taeon or AF/Relic/Empy pieces.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-23 21:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
The augments for the Mage pieces are also mediocre, like teach/helios-1 augments but without the stress of randomness.

It's too bad but old delve vs old skirmish augment gear was similarily designed so it makes sense; Qaaxo usually got ***on by the best iuitl+1 etc
That's a good point. I did notice the Pursuer's Boots could get exceptional ranged accuracy on them, which probably doesn't mean much for most THFs compared to COR or RNG, though I do bring a Donar Gun to Bee Delve just for Mastop.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-05-24 14:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the thought on Ternion+1 for dagger? I'm looking at it and I think it's better than Jugo+1. Lower skill is poor, sure, but the acc+27 gives mainhand a lot more acc and more than makes up for the lesser skill on its hits. 1% more TA, the added effect on Jugo is pretty useless overall and subtle blow is a nice stat for added effect. It has comparable DPS and last I checked didn't Jugo's hit the delay cap pretty easily depending on mainhand weapon? I use a Mandau just because...I like it and am looking at a max TA/TAdamage build to give it a spin.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-05-24 15:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but I'm not saying to NOT hit the 80% delay. I suppose I worded it poorly or didn't explain, but I thought there was also a minimum delay in the game, so that with sufficient delay reduction and low base delay you wouldn't attack any faster but would get less tp per hit. I'm unsure if this is proven, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-05-24 15:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

20% of your current equipped delay is the only floor. There's no number that, once reached, won't allow you to go lower aside from there being a finite number of low delay weapons in the game (or reaching 1 delay). This is assuming, however, that they have a block in place that doesn't allow your delay to go below 1, which isn't reachable anyway so who cares. Would be funny though. 0 delay would either crash the server or cause anything you unsheathe against to instantly die due to hitting an infinite number of times in 0 seconds.

Could also just cause you to hit once and then never swing again depending on how it's coded.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-05-24 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, good to know. Better to stick with Jugo's and let Mandau get more attacks in, then.
By geigei 2015-05-24 16:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Regen augments on taeon...i want to see that.
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-26 01:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get regen potency on Taeon for what it's worth.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 261 262 263