users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Goku vs. Superman
Goku vs. Superman
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
By Jetackuu 2013-03-05 21:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.dbz.tv/3/watch/dragonball-z-episode-263/

about 11:55+-

edit: didn't feel like watching it until recently...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-05 21:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's for the argument of kid buu being the strongest, Kabitokai doesn't really know ***.

He thought Puipui was stronger than the Z fighters, lol.

That, plus the manga scan. I think Buu knows his own strength more than Kabitokai does.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-03-05 21:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously Sailor moon is the winner here. :(
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-03-05 21:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
If that's for the argument of kid buu being the strongest, Kabitokai doesn't really know ***.

He thought Puipui was stronger than the Z fighters, lol.

That, plus the manga scan. I think Buu knows his own strength more than Kabitokai does.
if that's how you want to play it, sure.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-05 22:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That scene isn't in the manga at all, either. Flipped through some pages

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Server: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2013-03-06 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread is funny.

but it does make me wonder since i'm a bit older and i never watched DBZ and am no comic book fan, if this battle had been presented to ppl who had not grown up watching DBZ if this thread would be this long or deep in discussion about only one of the characters.
Do you think this thread would be this deep if Goku had won?
the % of this thread relating to one character over the other is it because most of the audience is more familiar with one over the other? or because of the age of the audience, where they were more likely to prefer one character because they were more exposed to it?
just some thoughts i had while reading.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 09:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a superman fan in any way shape or form and I already admitted that he'd win.

My only disputes in this thread were with how they quantified Goku's power to make him a lot weaker than he is (but even if they did it right he'd still have lost) and the which Buu is the strongest discussion, which has 0 to do with superman lol
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-06 09:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok Tiger superman will be goku's *** with this: the new DBZ film's confirmed a new canon tier of Super Saiyan, known as Super saiyan god or, SSG.

Supposed to be after SSJ3 so it's safe to say SSJ4 wasn't canon (Plus it wasn't Akira Toriyama anyway).
 Sylph.Linkk
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 09:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the problem with trying to compare 2 completely different universes. To me, superman is about as strong as Goku when he first fought Vegeta. The characters in DBZ are insanely powerful. Blowing up planets like a kid would kick over a sand castle. This makes for mildly interesting covo but to think superman could stand a chance against Goku is really silly. I am a huge Superman fan as well as a DBZ fan. Vegeta is my favorite DBZ character so it’s not like I am a Goku fan boy and I would say young SS2 Gohan is my second. Again, 2 completely different universes.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-06 10:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman wins because that's how he is designed as a character. He's basically invincible unless you exploit his weakness or the opponent gets plot armor. Goku on the other hand was designed to be beaten regularly by the next bad guy then come back from it.

This creates the situation where Goku is just a stupidly strong mortal while superman is functionally immortal. Goku could never win without plot armor (nor could anyone else for that matter).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We're really talking about the strongest superman vs the strongest goku though.

The weak sueprman you're thinking of is synonymous to that of Justice League on cartoonnetwork.

The most overpowered version of superman from the comics could easily beat the most overpowered form of Goku
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-03-06 10:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Superman turn back time or some ***like that once?
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 10:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Goku keeps getting stronger. The more the sayain race fights the stronger they get, if they fight a stronger opponent they get even stronger sometimes during the same fight. If they come close to death and live, their strength multiplies. There is no limit to how strong they can get given that they don't die. So I find it hard to say an overpowered superman could beat an overpowered Goku. Makes no sense.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I said the most overpowered version of Goku, as in the furthest he got in any of the stories, vs the most powerful superman, the furthest he got in any of the stories.

Goku having to get beat a shitload of times to near death isn't going to be an issue here if they're doing a singular fight to the death, at the furthest point either of them reached in the stories.

and by the way, none of the Saiyans got a noteworthy power increase from being beaten or coming close to death since they started transforming into SSJs. The plot device was ditched for Saiayns at that point int he series and never used again on them.

Then it resurfaced for Cell's increase and then disappeared for the remainder of the series (either disappeared or never made enough of a difference to be worth mentioning)
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 10:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you reffering to superman prime?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 10:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that's the one
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 10:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you did state the most overpowered so I took what makes them overpowered didn't realize their were restrictions because the superman stoies go all over the place as far as power and how strong he is as well no?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2013-03-06 10:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman has done just about everything, because he's had hundreds of writers.

Goku has had one canonical writer.

Honestly, I think that instead of being simple and just going with the original creators' Superman, which would of been mauled like a 10 year old facing a tiger, they decided to go with a jacked up, multiple retconned powers, as modern as it gets Superman. That way Superman could win, and then they'd get more publicity.

I mean, when there are multiple comics, most of them retconned, that feature Superman as a God, it's not going to be a fair comparison at all.

Plus there's the fact that GT was as recent as what, the late 90s? Superman, particularly his sun dipping power, is pretty damn recent. He's already got 40 some years of existence in writing against Goku, and then another 15 or so more.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 10:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Linkk said: »
Well you did state the most overpowered so I took what makes them overpowered didn't realize their were restrictions because the superman stoies go all over the place as far as power and how strong he is as well no?
Saying goku CAN keep getting strong (and even then, I already pointed out they stopped using that plot device ages ago).

It doesn't mean he's stronger now.

Take Saiyan saga goku. He'd have never defeated frieza, period.

Just because he can get stronger doesn't mean it's going to happen fast enough or enough times to close the gap.

Goku on the last episode of GT vs Superman Prime.

Prime wins hands down.
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman prime is basically god in the DC universe which is not really superman as we know him. DBZ universe Goku was stonger than it's gods. That's why I first said it makes no sense to compare completely different universes.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 10:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody was stronger than the Kais in dbz, lol they're joke, lol.

Point is Superman prime is stronger than Goku.

Could Goku beat Justice League superman? Of course, but that's the same as saying someone can beat Goku in base, without him being able to transform, lol.
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 11:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"Just because he can get stronger doesn't mean it's going to happen fast enough or enough times to close the gap."

I could say it doesn't mean it won't happen fast enough. Just because arguments are pointless and circular. Better to leave those alone especially when talkin about hero's because it usually always work in their favor lolol

Also to add at the end of GT, Goku fuses with the dragon makin him immortal. He doesn't fight or anything after that so there is a ? on how powerful he had become. It is kinda speculative and we will never know unless they do another where he fights superman and takes away his power lolol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at that point you just get into speculation. Which is why I'm going by abilities which were displayed.

There's nothing Goku has done at any point in the series that would suggest he'd be even close to a match for Superman prime
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 11:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be fair, Superman prime had how many more years to develope. But knowing the abilites and adding in being immortal even if prime was stronger at the start he would eventually lose unless being immortal is not what it use to be lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-06 11:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DBZ is awesome but Goku wouldn't win against Superman, it's just not gonna happen. Does it really matter, anyway? They're both ridiculously strong.
 Sylph.Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-03-06 11:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Correction Superman prime is immortal too lolol. They would just beat on each other forever. Draw, game over lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-06 11:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Linkk said: »
Well to be fair, Superman prime had how many more years to develope. But knowing the abilites and adding in being immortal even if prime was stronger at the start he would eventually lose unless being immortal is not what it use to be lol
Goku isn't immortal though.

If you're going to give Goku new non canon powers, give superman some too lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-06 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

GT wasn't canon anyway
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-06 11:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman Prime sure is nothing like the superman "normal" people see on tv.
Basicly, if just going off of what people see on TV etc, it'd probably shoot at guess at Goku winning aswell.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10