Goku vs. Superman
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2013-01-17 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman's moral code would stop him from taking Goku's life and because Goku is a Saiyan, his power would only increase due to recovering from severe injuries. Eventually, even Dragon Ball's Kid Goku would fight on par with Superman. This is just straight fighting without regard for things like Kryptonite, time travel, dropping people into volcanoes (lol) and so on.

As for the Flash, I believe it has to do with his limitless/near limitless energy and his speed, obviously. He isn't however, as durable as someone like Superman.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-17 09:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the Saiyan injury plot device, they stopped using it (for Saiyans) with nothing notable for the rest of the series since they started transforming to become super saiyans.

It made a come back when Cell exploded himself, and ended there for the rest of the series.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-17 10:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing up SSJ4 is just dumb because it's not in the manga, it's filler.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-17 10:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Yea, but as far as I know, they were comparing the Dragonball Anime to Superman, not the Dragonball Manga, which would make it fair game if that's the case.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2013-01-17 10:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the trait completely removed from continuity or is it just that they didn't really mention it after Cell Saga? If it's the latter, then I'd still consider it part of being a Saiyan.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-01-17 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
To further douse their understanding of DBZ, Goku is unable to utilize the Spirit bomb in a super sayian state, hence to actually wield it against kid buu, he reverts back to base form. (As shown in this, quite frankly poor video, he completely utilizises it while under super sayian against super man.)

I thought the reason he used the Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu in his normal form was that SSJ3 drained too much of his power. Also, after Dende used the last wish to restore his power, he transforms into a Super Saiyan to stop the Spirit Bomb and send it back at Kid Buu. If he is unable to use it because of some impure BS while transformed he wouldn't be capable of taking control of it again. Goku uses and absorbs the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan against Super Android 13 as well.
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-01-17 10:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

superman's moral code? he beat doomsday to death! and was weaken by kryptonite left darksied to die by his peoples hands which backfired "Too you I'm a monster but to them I am god.." -Darksied on planet Apocalypse. two instances where superman "moral code" went right out the window. your argument is invalid.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-17 11:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
Was the trait completely removed from continuity or is it just that they didn't really mention it after Cell Saga? If it's the latter, then I'd still consider it part of being a Saiyan.
Wasn't mentioned, aka it was never enough of a difference to make a difference (maybe their increase had a cap?), lazy writing (most likely answer, plenty of things that don't make sense in the series), they could lose it after becoming ssj, etc. Limitless possibilities, but since they just neglected it, no clue, which is why I just went with lazy writing.

It's like how Gohan's tail kept going back but Vegeta's never did lol
 Lakshmi.Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2013-01-17 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blze said: »
superman's moral code? he beat doomsday to death! and was weaken by kryptonite left darksied to die by his peoples hands which backfired "Too you I'm a monster but to them I am god.." -Darksied on planet Apocalypse. two instances where superman "moral code" went right out the window. your argument is invalid.

Are you really trying to argue Superman's moral code? lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2013-01-17 14:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
Are you really trying to argue Superman's moral code? lol
he also killed 3 alternate kryptonians just because he had too
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-17 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

obligatory:
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-17 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doomsday was just a destructive force, a souless monster without reason, a weapon.
He left Darkseid to be judged by his people, but was mad-disappointing when his people nurtured him, instead of striking him down.
Supes is called a boy-scout for a reason.
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2013-01-17 15:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Doomsday was just a destructive force, a souless monster without reason, a weapon. He left Darkseid to be judged by his people, but was mad-disappointing when his people nurtured him, instead of striking him down. Supes is called a boy-scout for a reason.
then explain why he killed the alternate zod ursa and non, he could have put them in the phantom zone.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-17 15:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said: »
Doomsday was just a destructive force, a souless monster without reason, a weapon. He left Darkseid to be judged by his people, but was mad-disappointing when his people nurtured him, instead of striking him down. Supes is called a boy-scout for a reason.
then explain why he killed the alternate zod ursa and non, he could have put them in the phantom zone.

had to dig this up, was from a 1988 story
Quote:
Pocket Universe Zod

This Zod came from a Krypton in a pocket universe created by the Time Trapper. He (along with companions Quex-Ul and Zaora) devastated the Earth of that universe following the death of its Superboy, despite the best efforts of a Supergirl created by this world's heroic Lex Luthor. Eventually, the survivors of this world managed to contact the Superman of the main universe to help them, and he was able to take away the powers of the three super-criminals with Gold Kryptonite (since he was not from that universe, the Kryptonite of that reality would have no effect on him). However, as the three vowed to some day regain their powers and return to Superman's world to kill him, Superman was forced to execute them with Kryptonite;[4] and it was this action which caused him to question his powers and how to deal with evildoers.
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2013-01-17 15:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but he did not have to kill them, the phantom zone was always an option.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-01-17 15:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Vegeta get a powerup after eating the last senzu, before fighting Buu? He came in like a fawkin baws too.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-17 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Yea, but as far as I know, they were comparing the Dragonball Anime to Superman, not the Dragonball Manga, which would make it fair game if that's the case.
They were doing both.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-01-18 12:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I did not like about the video was in the start of the fight....

Goku picked the fight. I do not believe Goku would do that.
That and Goku very very rarely used the Power Pole past Dragonball. I think he had it in a few of the movies, but thats about it.

Loved the Budokai music at the start of the fight, gave it a sort of friendly sparring feel.

That aside, I learned a lot about them that I didnt know.

Also, off-topic: Anyone know where I can watch anything Superman related? Like Justice League, Justice League Heroes, anything animated? Hulu/Netflix doesnt have those I mentioned.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-18 12:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
this has probably been said by now but yeah, they made the fight exactly like Vegetta vs superman. Even the kamahamaha pointed towards the planet? it would destroy everyone including himself if it landed, Goku'd never do that

They both value human lives a great deal. The outcome is believeable though, the only way I could see goku winning would be surprising superman and teleporting him trillions of light years from any red or normal star. so superman even with his speed would run out of power before getting close to a source to recharge
agreed.
found it silly the fight started in Metropolis, destroying buildings and stuff. Both wouldnt allow it, much less the destruction of earth.
superman would be too fast to be teleported someplace else tho.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-18 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

this has probably been said by now but yeah, they made the fight exactly like Vegetta vs superman. Even the kamahamaha pointed towards the planet? it would destroy everyone including himself if it landed, Goku'd never do that

They both value human lives a great deal. The outcome is believeable though, the only way I could see goku winning would be surprising superman and teleporting him trillions of light years from any red or normal star. so superman even with his speed would run out of power before getting close to a source to recharge
agreed.
found it silly the fight started in Metropolis, destroying buildings and stuff. Both wouldnt allow it, much less the destruction of earth.
instant transmission is instant, goku could just surprise him or something idk

He has to touch the other person and then focus on where he wants to go though
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-18 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed.
instant transmission is instant, goku could just surprise him or something idk

He has to touch the other person and then focus on where he wants to go though

Catch a punch and just hold on tight and that would get that part out of the way.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-18 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would he teleport him to? Superman can survive in places Goku can't lol. Not to mention he has to feel Ki somewhere to teleport
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-18 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the reason for teleportation would be so that they don't ruin earth.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-18 13:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing tho... doesnt Non-Ki attacks, have more chance of hurting Goku than Ki attacks ?

like, during Cell saga, before the tournament, Goku is sleeping on the ground in SSJ2 form, Krillin tosses a small rock at him, hurting him (lightly), and on DGB GT, he tries attacking one of the dragons with rubble, saying "maybe he couldnt sense the attack if it was a non-ki attack" ?(something like that)
with this in mind, while he might hurt Supes with his attacks, he cant really see Supes attacks very well (sight only) and they can do more damage than normal (piercing his Ki aura?)?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-18 13:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuririn tossing a rock at him is filler, just like GT is so you'd have to ask Toriyama lol
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-01-18 13:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

true enough
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-18 13:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's potentially viable, that normal strikes would pass through his Ki "barrier", but it really depends on a few things, and those're things that aren't specifically written about and can't be inferred from. I think it's kind of inferred that he can be startled just like anyone else, and if he's not in his state of battle, he's probably relaxed and let's his defenses down. His body is still incredibly fortified in general though, so I doubt it hurt more than startled him. It's a way to make him seem human, despite being as far from us as possible. GT isn't canon, so meh.

And with reflexes, not all of his senses come from Ki. I'm pretty positive that his senses are ratified along with his body, which is only enhanced further by his Ki.
 Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-01-22 21:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Quote:
It was stated pretty well that "Kid Buu" was the strongest Buu, that his absorptions of the Kai weakened him.

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Kid Buu was the strongest base form, yes. But Super Buu, after he absorbed Gohan, was more powerful than Kid Buu was.
I'd like to know where you're pulling that from.
Never was stated that Kid Buu was the strongest. It was stated he was the most dangerous (pure evil, destroyed the planet in a second w/o hesitation, etc.)

Just think of it this way.

Vegetto was the strongest character period. Of course they'd give him the strongest Buu to fight with (Buuhan)

Edit:
Multiple translations of this, but they've all basically said the same thing but in diff words.

At this point in the series, he has been every single type of Buu except Super Buu, including Super Buu. I think he knows his own power more than anyone else.

Then just on the basis that Super Buu has Gohan as well, who is stronger than Gotenks + the ingredients of Gotenks (goten + trunks), safe to say that Buuhan > Buutenks > Rest of the Buus

Vegetto > Buuhan > Buutenks > Mystic Gohan > Super Picollo Buu(after gotenks fusion wore off) > SSJ3 Gotenks >= Super Buu > Kid Buu >= SSj3 Goku > Fat Buu > SSJ2 Vegeta
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10