Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 15:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Again, P1M.

It's not hard to look up. The "getting old" excuse is invalid as well. P1M has been around for 20+ years.
OK fair enough, I looked it up.

"P1M Artist Management | Hair | Makeup | Styling | Fashion Direction | Manicure | Off Figure | Prop & Set Design."

What an odd thing for you to reference...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
The common misconception with Kryptonite is that most people assume that all you have to do it bring Supes near it and it suddenly kills him or something. This was and always has been an exaggeration of movies and TV shows. Why? Because you only have XXXX amount of time to get your story and point across.

In reality it takes a long period of time for it to weaken Superman and put him into a coma. And even then all it does it cause him to lose his invulnerability, he still retains his speed, strength, etc.

Superman was stabbed by Kryptonite on an island made of said Kryptonite and was still able to pick up the island and throw it into the Sun. Kryptonite has a deadly effect yet it takes a while to do any significant damage. Heck even his home planet is made out of Kryptonite at its core, they LIVED on the thing. And doing so only gave a few of them cancer before the entire planet blew up.

So what is Goku going to do, drag the fight out for several hours? If I was Superman I would fly away and take a nap. I love Dragonball and all, and I personally think Vegeta or Buu should be the one facing Superman just because ethics wouldn't come into play, however Goku has not and never will be the one out of the entire DB universe to bring the fight to Superman.

Eh, not necessarily true. Superman suffers from the same problem that a lot of comic book characters have: multiple writers. In one story, Lex Luthor had a ring made with a small amount of kryptonite, and this was enough to keep Superman at bay. If a pathetic human can utilize a small amount of kryptonite as a trump card against the ever-OP man-of-steel (without taking hours as you claim), then I'm pretty sure Goku would be able to outright destroy him with the same method.

The effect of kryptonite wildly varies from one author to the next, so just as it's probably not fair to assume that kryptonite would leave him instantly crippled if Goku used it against him, it's also probably not fair to assume that it would do practically nothing. If someone as powerful as Goku can't use it to any effect, then there isn't much reason for it to exist as Superman's main weakness in the first place.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 15:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
You can't ignore all the facts forever Endoq!
we already know superman is billions of times faster and stronger than goku; Kyptonite won't overcome that.

On page one I gave you the only situation in which goku could actually win on page 2 three years ago, just remember that moment and conceed! : P

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
the only way I could see goku winning would be surprising superman and teleporting him trillions of light years from any red or normal star. so superman even with his speed would run out of power before getting close to a source to recharge.
He could teleport him to "other world" where there is no sun at all...
By volkom 2015-08-18 15:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't superman usually almost always holds back his powers
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-18 16:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could actually look up superman P1M to the relevance of this thread instead of posting dumb stuff. Logic would indicate it was related to Superman...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could actually look up superman P1M to the relevance of this thread instead of posting dumb stuff. Logic would indicate it was related to Superman...
Why would I know that had anything to do with Superman?
People on the net use little obscure phrases like that all the time.

Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-18 16:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the nonsensical response I expected. You even followed it up with an inaccurate pic, nice!

Superman Prime One Million. You can choose to look it up or not. If you're using Goku's God form then P1M is supermans. They both fight at the maximum levels (God form) or these arguments are irrelevant. P1M wins.
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-08-18 16:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The common misconception with Kryptonite is that most people assume that all you have to do it bring Supes near it and it suddenly kills him or something. This was and always has been an exaggeration of movies and TV shows. Why? Because you only have XXXX amount of time to get your story and point across.

In reality it takes a long period of time for it to weaken Superman and put him into a coma. And even then all it does it cause him to lose his invulnerability, he still retains his speed, strength, etc.

Superman was stabbed by Kryptonite on an island made of said Kryptonite and was still able to pick up the island and throw it into the Sun. Kryptonite has a deadly effect yet it takes a while to do any significant damage. Heck even his home planet is made out of Kryptonite at its core, they LIVED on the thing. And doing so only gave a few of them cancer before the entire planet blew up.

So what is Goku going to do, drag the fight out for several hours? If I was Superman I would fly away and take a nap. I love Dragonball and all, and I personally think Vegeta or Buu should be the one facing Superman just because ethics wouldn't come into play, however Goku has not and never will be the one out of the entire DB universe to bring the fight to Superman.

Eh, not necessarily true. Superman suffers from the same problem that a lot of comic book characters have: multiple writers. In one story, Lex Luthor had a ring made with a small amount of kryptonite, and this was enough to keep Superman at bay. If a pathetic human can utilize a small amount of kryptonite as a trump card against the ever-OP man-of-steel (without taking hours as you claim), then I'm pretty sure Goku would be able to outright destroy him with the same method.

The effect of kryptonite wildly varies from one author to the next, so just as it's probably not fair to assume that kryptonite would leave him instantly crippled if Goku used it against him, it's also probably not fair to assume that it would do practically nothing. If someone as powerful as Goku can't use it to any effect, then there isn't much reason for it to exist as Superman's main weakness in the first place.

It every instance Kryptonite is used, it never kills him regardless of writer. Also the strongest form of Superman is like was said, well over 20 years old. Pre-Crisis it was difficult to write any storylines because he had just become too strong for there to be any possible opponents. This is the SAME version everyone keeps glancing over. After the late 70/80's reboot he become weaker and slowly regained some of his powers, but never anywhere near the extent of what he once was. With this newer reboot he's no where near a shadow of what he used to be.

Also, Superman was able to break thru the wall of the edge of the universe and go face to face with Eternity when he was struggling with unanswered questions. He gained a portion of his knowledge/powers from that fight and used it to resurrect his love interest and do several other things which would be considered miracles by bible standards. By that point Supes' is basically partially omnipotent if not fully, hence the need for several reboots. How are you going to beat someone that knows what you are going to do next and what you are thinking?

Want a version Goku can beat? Pick the one from the Earth that can't fly and can 'jump over buildings in a single bound' and is 'is more powerful than a locomotive.' You guys do realize DC is a multiverse with several versions of its storylines, right? That's why the what-ifs are possible. DBZ is also a multiverse, none of the movies from back in the day were canon. He turned Super Sayajin in a movie before he had done it in the anime if I remember correctly. Take the strongest incarnation of both universes, and the fight leans to Superman. Take the strongest version of Goku and pit him against the weakest version of Superman that used to wear yellow instead of blue, then of course fight leans to Goku.

I'm a fan of both series, I wish others would put in as much attention to details as to both series as the rest of us have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 16:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, Superman P1M is cheating. I could write my own comic where I have all of his powers, but I'm 1% stronger. God mode for any character as an argument is just lame.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-18 16:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Then Goku's god mode can't be used.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-08-18 16:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its canon and it counts. It's not like he just left and stayed in the Sun for a million years w/o anyone left on Earth to protect it for the sake of it. There were still (several) replacement Supermen that took up that task while he was away, hence the name Superman Prime (as in the one that was first and matters). It's no different than Goku cheating to train in the hyperbolic time chamber.

And as for how it would really play out? Superman would destroy Goku in and instant and resurrect him in the next and tell him "I told you so." He could make him die a million deaths and resurrect him a million times for Goku to level up thru weakeness and he still wouldn't touch Superman. If I were Goku, I would use Superman as a powerlvl, just saying.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 16:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its canon and it counts. It's not like he just left and stayed in the Sun for a million years w/o anyone left on Earth to protect it for the sake of it. There were still (several) replacement Supermen that took up that task while he was away, hence the name Superman Prime (as in the one that was first and matters). It's no different than Goku cheating to train in the hyperbolic time chamber.

And as for how it would really play out? Superman would destroy Goku in and instant and resurrect him in the next and tell him "I told you so." He could make him die a million deaths and resurrect him a million times for Goku to level up thru weakeness and he still wouldn't touch Superman. If I were Goku, I would use Superman as a powerlvl, just saying.
This would be a fatal error for Superman. With the formula that makes Goku stronger (Goku's strength increases dramatically everytime he is beaten near death or to death), he would eventually be an even match and inevitably become stronger and win.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-08-18 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Goku doesn't gain omnipotence, you are missing the point. That version of Superman is beyond space time. Atleast he could legitimately be the second strongest that way though.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 19:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Goku doesn't gain omnipotence, you are missing the point. That version of Superman is beyond space time. Atleast he could legitimately be the second strongest that way though.
Superman does not have omnipotence. If he did, he wouldn't even have to fight, ever. If he were omnipotent he would be literally God and creator of all things. He would have never been born, he would have just always been eternal with no end or beginning. Obviously Superman is not those things so he is by no means "god-like" or anything remotely resembling omnipotence.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-18 19:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

except he did gain omnipotence by passing through the source wall and facing eternity...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 20:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

except he did gain omnipotence by passing through the source wall and facing eternity...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 20:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost every source I can find claims that Superman P1M is non-canon, and is only a possible future. Again, just some ambitious writers who felt the need to god-mode a character who already has too few flaws. Same goes with Dragonball GT, which by many people (and Akira Toriyama himself) is not considered canon.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 22:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Why would I know that had anything to do with Superman?
People on the net use little obscure phrases like that all the time.

Sounds like the sensible response I expected. You even followed it up with an accurate pic, nice!
Thanks! I knew we could reach an agreement.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Almost every source I can find claims that Superman P1M is non-canon, and is only a possible future. Again, just some ambitious writers who felt the need to god-mode a character who already has too few flaws. Same goes with Dragonball GT, which by many people (and Akira Toriyama himself) is not considered canon.
P1M and GT should be thrown out of this equation. If filler is allowed then all filler is allowed and so Goku goes SSJ15 and has infinite power resulting in a draw.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-08-18 23:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman was like a god but from what I heard, they massively weakened him, and in battle of gods/revival of F, Goku got even stronger, and actually BECAME a god, and learned to use God Ki. You should compare Superman in whatever the current run is, and Goku as in the most recent movie (Revival of F). If we do that, Goku I think would win easily. I mean, Batman can beat superman with kryptonite and with whatever plans, but can Batman beat Goku? I don't think so, unless he got the drop on him or used something like poison or some such lol
[+]
By anik 2015-08-18 23:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman Prime, nuff said
By anik 2015-08-18 23:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I also agree that this is stupid, because what we really want to know is, "do you prefer goku or superman?" If you were the writer, who would win?

1 billion google-plex kilograms equals 1 kilogram. This is true because I am the writer of a comic book where measurements mean whatever I want them to mean for separated universii that exist outside the confines of physics as we have come to accept as laws.

Universii is spelled correctly because I wrote it, and I am the creator.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-19 00:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
If you were the writer, who would win?
Obviously the end all be all winner for those kind of match ups would be Parker Lewis, because Parker Lewis can't lose.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-19 01:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-19 01:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-08-19 09:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Love all the different names in the second vid. Ohh and the flying pickle haha
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-19 19:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Aelius 2015-08-19 19:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tired of this. Let's end it. Fusion of Goku and Superman. Ruler supreme of the entire universe-galaxy-allabove.

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-19 19:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius said: »
Tired of this. Let's end it. Fusion of Goku and Superman. Ruler supreme of the entire universe-galaxy-allabove.

But who would win in a fight between fusion Goku/Superman VS fusion Bizzaro Goku/Bizarro Superman?

Now this would be quite the match up!
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-03 20:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SCIENCE!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10