First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-18 13:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Along line of previous conversation, here's another absolutely priceless media *** of the day.

Ann Coulter stating that radiation exposure actually makes you healthier and less likely to contract cancer.

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-18 13:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lolfoxnews
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-18 13:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Along line of previous conversation, here's another absolutely priceless media *** of the day.

Ann Coulter stating that radiation exposure actually makes you healthier and less likely to contract cancer.

Wow. They would blame Canada.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-03-18 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to watch that Jaerik, I really did, but I got about 40% of the way through it before my head started bleeding due to repeated blows to my desk.

I'm sorry, I have failed you.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-18 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just Fox. Everyone's being *&#$ing stupid about this thing in one way or another. This one's just particularly hilarious.

Also, article requested earlier on the Center for Disease Control reporting folks poisoning themselves on potassium iodine pills.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-18 13:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What an idiot.
 Lakshmi.Beetlejuice
By Lakshmi.Beetlejuice 2011-03-18 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

What an annoying, selfcentred ***. Just wants to be on tha telly.

Well, I suggest for her to go and find out. Take a vacation to Fukushima and camp near the reactor for a couple of days
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-18 14:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

We have. She created alot of contrversy up here I think in a Ottawa of or was it a University in Alberta..

..needless to say, she didn't recieve a warm welcome and we never left her with parting gifts...more like a GTFO, and don't let the door hit you on the way out...

This woman is cold.

Something tells me, by the way she talks, that she doesn't get all the facts. This woman hasn't gotten all her ducks in a row yet.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-18 14:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill O'Reilly sounds so amazingly centerist and fair-minded when counterposed against Ann Coulter. :p (To his credit, I do find he portrays himself as the most balanced and open-minded person on all of FOX News...but of course that isn't that amazing a thing since Alan Colmes left FOX, LOL.) :p

But I suppose that if...

* Radiation therapy can destroy cancer cells or shrink hyperactive thyroid glands, and
* Radioactive alteration of DNA prompts mutations, which are a cornerstone of the evolutionary process, and
* Hi-Energy Gamma Radiation was responsible for turning mild-mannered Bruce Banner into the Incredible Hulk

...then excessive radioactive exposures might just be what we need to stay healthy. ^^ But in a "X-Men" sort of healthy, and not a "Hills Have Eyes" sort of healthy. :p
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-03-18 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Bill O'Reilly sounds so amazingly centerist and fair-minded when counterposed against Ann Coulter. :p (To his credit, I do find he portrays himself as the most balanced and open-minded person on all of FOX News...but of course that isn't that amazing a thing since Alan Colmes left FOX, LOL.) :p

But I suppose that if...

* Radiation therapy can destroy cancer cells or shrink hyperactive thyroid glands, and
* Radioactive alteration of DNA prompts mutations, which are a cornerstone of the evolutionary process, and
* Hi-Energy Gamma Radiation was responsible for turning mild-mannered Bruce Banner into the Incredible Hulk

...then excessive radioactive exposures might just be what we need to stay healthy. ^^ But in a "X-Men" sort of healthy, and not a "Hills Have Eyes" sort of healthy. :p

The problem here is that not all factors are being looked at.

*Radiation therapy is done in controlled doses and specifically targets the cancer or the thyroid. Even then, it does still, in a sense, poison the body that's why people have to take breaks between and they lose their hair and they are constantly tired and such.

*I'm skipping a point for a moment.

*That is a work of fiction. I'm sorry, you're more likely to have your skin start peeling off and bones wear away and if you do somehow miracuously survive and ...
*have children, they are more likely to be mutated and deformed, some to the point of not being able to survive, let alone function very well. Just look at some of the Chernobyl babies. That's what excessive levels of radiation will do. Not give you x-men powers. -.-

Yes. That would be cool and maybe a slightly higher amount of radiation isn't so bad, I don't know. What I do know is that what that Ann Coulter lady seems to be saying is wrong. There is a point where there is too much radiation, one should not go hang around nuclear disaster sites, thinking it's good for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-18 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, ok thanks for the clarification. ^^ I wasn't sure which 'documented sources' she was citing in her interview. :p

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By astrozoom 2011-03-18 16:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

She is blonde...thats a Fact! lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 16:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some decent info here in chart form :)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/mar/18/japan-nuclear-power-plant-updates
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-18 18:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese players from US baseball are reportedly donating enormous amounts of money to relief efforts back home.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-18 18:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

ROFL!

Classic.

Also it's about time some silenced Phyrexius... unless it's really a conspiracy and he knew all along, lol.
By Bolkin 2011-03-18 18:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

They'll blame Obama first that he caused the Earthquake and the Tsunami...
...oh wait, they've already blamed Obama.
 Caitsith.Taazy
user: taaz
By Caitsith.Taazy 2011-03-18 18:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

so local news here in so cal again w/the headlines of

RADIOACTIVE PLUMES ARRIVE IN SO CAL

reporters went all over So Cal asking ppl if they are afraid of the "radioactive fallout" from JP (yes they are calling it fallout)
and of course there was one woman who said....yes i'm not letting my kids out all week while they are on spring break. I am afraid for their health...

and there was a higher than usual reading of radiation in Sacramento.....ppl that ain't radiation from JP it's from our beloved govenor moonbeam trying to develop a thought......

but in all seriousness c'mon already stop the drama already.....we did not get "fallout" and we are in no danger

stop adding to the hysteria and find something better to report on like a skateboarding pig or summin like that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-18 19:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A very attractive and earnest but not very clued-in CNN anchor just openly tossed around the possibility of a "re-criticality event" and the plant still exploding "like Hiroshima."

The stupid.

It hurts.
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-18 19:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
A very attractive and earnest but not very clued-in CNN anchor just openly tossed around the possibility of a "re-criticality event" and the plant still exploding "like Hiroshima."

The stupid.

It hurts.

LOL! I'm lightheaded now.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-18 19:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish heavily for and act of universe to strike the greedy and and purposefully ignorant every day =(
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-18 19:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Japanese players from US baseball are reportedly donating enormous amounts of money to relief efforts back home.

I read that Jaerik, bet this guy is considered a hero back home..
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-03-18 19:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Yea, Just saw that Ichiro Suzuki just donated 100 Million Yen (roughly 1.25 Million US dollars) to the Red Cross relief efforts. Glad to see larger donations pouring in as we all wait for good news for the Japanese people and the country as a whole.
 Caitsith.Runningman
By Caitsith.Runningman 2011-03-18 19:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The only "growing body of evidence" is her lol. What an idiot!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-18 19:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Runningman said:
The only "growing body of evidence" is her lol. What an idiot!

Did you mean Ann Coulter???
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-18 19:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
A very attractive and earnest but not very clued-in CNN anchor just openly tossed around the possibility of a "re-criticality event" and the plant still exploding "like Hiroshima." The stupid. It hurts.

Was it Solidad O'Brien cause she's hawt :3

Edit: Soledad O'Brien*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-03-18 19:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

The stupid.

It hurts.
Regardless of who it was, they deserve a good slap. This is a perfect example of how sensationalism in US media makes us appear ignorant or stupid.

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Maybe they mean the term "Prompt criticality event"
On a side note: Nice read.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-18 20:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Maybe they mean the term "Prompt criticality event"
No, they apparently meant some combination of boron... magically disappearing, and water... like, increasing?

Or... a weird situation where the nuclear reactor could "suddenly restart" and go critical again on its own. And then explode?

Also, unicorns.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63