Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Japan Earthquake/Tsunami
Japan Earthquake/Tsunami
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-21 21:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone is interested and happens to like miku hatsune and the other vocaloids and want to make a contribution to the disaster in japan here is an opportunity to have both:

Quote:

For the Miku fans around the world,

An earthquake of an unforeseen level struck Japan on March 11th, near
the city of Sendai. It generated a terrible tsunami that caused a
widespread destruction across the region. Thousands have died, are
missing, injured, and have lost their homes. Also, this earthquake was
not a one-time event. High-magnitude earthquakes are continuing to
take place in many cities on a daily basis. Thousands of people are
spending sleepless nights in fear of a potential major strike and
tsunami.

Crypton Future Media will donate all of the money earned through our
music label KarenT from March 16th to April 15th, 2011 to the Japanese
Red Cross. The money you spend to buy music from KarenT will help
support the victims.

Thank you for your support, and let's show the Miku fans in Japan that
the world cares for them!

Hiroyuki Itoh, CEO
Crypton Future Media
http://karent.jp/

Source: facebook
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-03-21 21:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if anyone is interested and happens to like miku hatsune and the other vocaloids and want to make a contribution to the disaster in japan here is an opportunity to have both:
Quote:
For the Miku fans around the world, An earthquake of an unforeseen level struck Japan on March 11th, near the city of Sendai. It generated a terrible tsunami that caused a widespread destruction across the region. Thousands have died, are missing, injured, and have lost their homes. Also, this earthquake was not a one-time event. High-magnitude earthquakes are continuing to take place in many cities on a daily basis. Thousands of people are spending sleepless nights in fear of a potential major strike and tsunami. Crypton Future Media will donate all of the money earned through our music label KarenT from March 16th to April 15th, 2011 to the Japanese Red Cross. The money you spend to buy music from KarenT will help support the victims. Thank you for your support, and let's show the Miku fans in Japan that the world cares for them! Hiroyuki Itoh, CEO Crypton Future Media http://karent.jp/
Source: facebook

Clearly no understanding of tectonics!
 Asura.Perses
user: Hiroshima
By Asura.Perses 2011-03-22 01:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Time lapse map of Japan and 670 Earthquakes over 6 days.

http://www.japanquakemap.com/
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-22 01:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Perses said:
Time lapse map of Japan and 670 Earthquakes over 6 days. http://www.japanquakemap.com/

You sure can see all hell breaking loose after the one at14:46
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-22 02:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Asura.Perses said:
Time lapse map of Japan and 670 Earthquakes over 6 days. http://www.japanquakemap.com/

You sure can see all hell breaking loose after the one at14:46

i started watching it and was like "well this is gonna be slow"

then the big one hit and i was like "holy ***its like fireworks"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-23 15:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I see this head line that reads: Tokyo tap water tests higher for radiation

Now you'd think this would mean some kind of danger the way they present the article. However, when you read it, it merely says:

Quote:
Radiation leaking from Japan's tsunami-damaged nuclear power plant has caused Tokyo's tap water to exceed safety standards for infants to drink, officials said Wednesday, sending anxiety levels soaring over the nation's food and water supply.

Residents cleared store shelves of bottled water after Tokyo Gov. Shintaro Ishihara said levels of radioactive iodine in tap water were more than twice what is considered safe for babies. Officials begged those in the city to buy only what they needed, saying hoarding could hurt the thousands of people without any water in areas devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

So it's basically saying the radiation levels are twice the legal limit for infants.

Talk about trying to sensationalize something.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-23 17:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Badass of the Week - Hideaki Akaiwa
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-03-23 18:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

love that style of writing...and that brought a tear to my eye. kudos good sir...you are a Hero
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-25 15:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this on sympatico's website, wasn't sure if anyone has seen this or of this is a repost from another news source...

Japan Earthquake 2011: Photos and Videos

I'm just taking a look at this now, while I eat dinner...
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-03-26 08:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's epic.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-03-26 09:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

been a while since I haven't kept up with the news on the japan situation.
where does the nuclear reactor thing stand atm? :o
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-28 09:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to see a lot of ***talking about radiation being found all over the place, anyone who knows what they're talking about care to tell the rest of us how bad it really is, I'm sure the news is hyping it up, so just curious what's going on.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 09:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Starting to see a lot of ***talking about radiation being found all over the place, anyone who knows what they're talking about care to tell the rest of us how bad it really is, I'm sure the news is hyping it up, so just curious what's going on.
Haven't really watched it. Would need to have some info to really be able to tell. But really radiation can always be found all over the place.

Some people are still convinced they are finding highly increased lvls from TMI because they have no real clue about natural and everyday man made sources.

You got any links or anything?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-28 09:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Haven't really watched it. Would need to have some info to really be able to tell. But really radiation can always be found all over the place.

Some people are still convinced they are finding highly increased lvls from TMI because they have no real clue about natural and everyday man made sources.

You got any links or anything?
This is the most recent one
I keep seeing them pop up all over the place though..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 09:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Most the article just talked about the water they used that they have contained. And yeah it's pretty dirty but that's to be expected and will be dealt with.

The only thing outside of that lol yahoo news talked about was I-131 lvls being like 1000 X more than normal... and I think it's clearly how I feel about "blah X more than normal" talk that has been going on. Especially something like this since I-131 doesn't occur naturally... not even if I'm sure I can find a "normal" amount
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-28 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So besides the entire situation being out of the normal/expected, there is nothing abnormal or necessarily dangerous going on right now?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 09:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to tell since they don't even list actual radiation or contamination lvls in that article. But that article is very unscary to say the least. Partly because of the vagueness and general lack of talk of spread outside the plants

I mean I wouldn't go swimming everyday on the beach next to the plants at least not for a another week or 2 week but other than that meh.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-03-28 10:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

here in San Diego, I have heard talk about "AHMAHGAWD! REACTOR EXPLODED AND ALL THE RADIATION IS COMING HERE!!!111"

and while I ask em about the situation, they just babble on, but from what i managed to get from these ppl, they cant tell the difference between a roof and a reactor >.>
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-03-28 10:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice summary with a few details here.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63