Whats A Good Anime To Watch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Whats a good anime to watch?
Whats a good anime to watch?
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
not really thinking waaaaaay into it. they make those who try to save humans out as bad people. co-exist peacefully? eating people who commit suicide is wrong too. It's called defiling someone's corpse. It's just as wrong as having sex with someone's corpse. If you need to eat that which just a short while ago was talking to you... you should probably crawl in a corner and die or have a bullet put in your brain to put you out of your misery (or rather out of the misery of others that you are causing).

It's not hurting anyone

You wouldn't care if someone ate you once you're dead anyway, you'd be dead lol
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

taking art for the sake of art regardless of how vile it is, is not something one should do. I call things what they are. Wrong is wrong, I don't care if it is put in an art form. And as for your quip about "but the other part where you remember every time you've ever been caught on a lie or for doing something stupid. Kinda like almost every scene in Meet the Parents.": I have never thought that way. If I ever did something wrong, I knew I shouldn't have done it, I should get caught, and I deserved punishment. I even admit my wrongdoing even before getting caught as I have what is known as a conscience. Sometimes I think others are lacking in this. I sincerely apologize for when I have wronged someone and make amends. I do so even on the most minor of infractions (say I was a couple minutes late to meeting up with someone). I take wronging others very seriously. So when I see in this so-called art form people who are trying to save others protrayed as evil, and those who eat people protrayed as good.... yea, calling wrong, wrong.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
not really thinking waaaaaay into it. they make those who try to save humans out as bad people. co-exist peacefully? eating people who commit suicide is wrong too. It's called defiling someone's corpse. It's just as wrong as having sex with someone's corpse. If you need to eat that which just a short while ago was talking to you... you should probably crawl in a corner and die or have a bullet put in your brain to put you out of your misery (or rather out of the misery of others that you are causing).

It's not hurting anyone

You have a policeman in this world where ghouls exist go up to a man's house while his wife is away shopping. Tell the man that his wife died, but that he would not have a body for the funeral. Tell him that not to worry about it though that it didn't hurt anyone and that it was for a good cause because people needed to eat her body in order to live. And besides, his wife didn't care because she's dead anyway.

Tell me, do you believe that man would think there was no harm done?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 00:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

taking art for the sake of art regardless of how vile it is, is not something one should do. I call things what they are. Wrong is wrong, I don't care if it is put in an art form. And as for your quip about "but the other part where you remember every time you've ever been caught on a lie or for doing something stupid. Kinda like almost every scene in Meet the Parents.": I have never thought that way. If I ever did something wrong, I knew I shouldn't have done it, I should get caught, and I deserved punishment. I even admit my wrongdoing even before getting caught as I have what is known as a conscience. Sometimes I think others are lacking in this. I sincerely apologize for when I have wronged someone and make amends. I do so even on the most minor of infractions (say I was a couple minutes late to meeting up with someone). I take wronging others very seriously. So when I see in this so-called art form people who are trying to save others protrayed as evil, and those who eat people protrayed as good.... yea, calling wrong, wrong.
No one ever said it wasn't wrong. You seem like the type of person who sees everything in black and white, so perhaps this particular abstract concept might elude you. Are actual people being killed and eaten? Is it really necessary to decry something because it makes you uncomfortable? If so, then you've missed the point entirely.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 00:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hurting anyone

You have a policeman in this world where ghouls exist go up to a man's house while his wife is away shopping. Tell the man that his wife died, but that he would not have a body for the funeral. Tell him that not to worry about it though that it didn't hurt anyone and that it was for a good cause because people needed to eat her body in order to live. And besides, his wife didn't care because she's dead anyway.

Tell me, do you believe that man would think there was no harm done?

They cremate in Japan anyway >.>
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't decry something because it makes me uncomfortable. I decry something because it is wrong.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They cremate in Japan anyway >.>

so? the widower wouldn't even get to have the ashes.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 00:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if we're on the subject of wrongness, most contemporary entertainment should be on the same chopping block. Using violence to resolve violence is not only backwards, but it accomplishes nothing save more bloodshed. Killing is wrong, right? There goes most anime. Vampires? Very wrong. Drinking the blood of victims? That's practically cannibalism. See ya later Hellsing, Trinity Blood. If one believes in higher power, shouldn't we think demons to be wrong? Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Naruto. Letting fate decide by writing an enemy's name in a book? Get in the truck, Death Note.

To keep everything right, we should probably just watch Teletubbies all day long.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 00:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically the same as donating organs when you die, they require them to live and they're really no different from us personality-wise (if their parents or loved ones haven't been slaughtered out of fear). If they simply live on people who have killed themselves or choose to donate their bodies then I don't see anything wrong with it.

The ones who murder people should be locked up or killed on sight though but those have a different mindset.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 00:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't decry something because it makes me uncomfortable. I decry something because it is wrong.

Wrong is subjective; your view of wrong is not the same as another person's.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Well, if we're on the subject of wrongness, most contemporary entertainment should be on the same chopping block. Using violence to resolve violence is not only backwards, but it accomplishes nothing save more bloodshed. Killing is wrong, right? There goes most anime. Vampires? Very wrong. Drinking the blood of victims? That's practically cannibalism. See ya later Hellsing, Trinity Blood. If one believes in higher power, shouldn't we think demons to be wrong? Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Naruto. Letting fate decide by writing an enemy's name in a book? Get in the truck, Death Note.

To keep everything right, we should probably just watch Teletubbies all day long.

no... evil exists, one should not just ignore it. But one shouldn't call evil good, and one shouldn't call good evil.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong is not subjective. If you think rape, murder, etc are subjectively wrong... you have mental problems.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 00:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically the same as donating organs when you die, they require them to live and they're really no different from us personality-wise (if their parents or loved ones haven't been slaughtered out of fear). If they simply live on people who have killed themselves or choose to donate their bodies then I don't see anything wrong with it.

The ones who murder people should be locked up or killed on sight though but those have a different mindset.

If someone donated them, that is on them. The ghouls did not get permission to eat people.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 00:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The world isn't black and white, it's not like they want to eat people. They do it because they want to live, it's a basic instinct of theirs that they can't ignore (if they do it causes them massive pain). They want to co-exist with humans peacefully, they want to be human and experience food like we do but they can't so they make the best of a shitty situation by eating dead people instead of murdering innocent people.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

no... evil exists, one should not just ignore it. But one shouldn't call evil good, and one shouldn't call good evil.
But in each of my examples, the ones committing the atrocious acts were the ones who were considered protagonists (not including the Death Note one; I don't really know enough about that anime to know if the guy with the notebook was the protagonist or not). These characters were committing evil acts for "good", as you put it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong is not subjective. If you think rape, murder, etc are subjectively wrong... you have mental problems.

Do you think stealing in any situation is wrong?

I don't. It depends on the circumstances and people involved but I'm sure some people think stealing in ANY situation is wrong. Everything is subjective.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

(not including the Death Note one; I don't really know enough about that anime to know if the guy with the notebook was the protagonist or not)

He's the protagonist and he goes from good to bad
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The world isn't black and white, it's not like they want to eat people. They do it because they want to live, it's a basic instinct of theirs that they can't ignore (if they do it causes them massive pain). They want to co-exist with humans peacefully, they want to be human and experience food like we do but they can't so they make the best of a shitty situation by eating dead people instead of murdering innocent people.

They should just let themselves be killed then. If the only way I could live is from eating people, I would allow myself to die as well. I could never live with myself knowing I had ate a person. If the only way you can live is by doing what is wrong, then you are better off dead.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think stealing in any situation is wrong?

I don't. It depends on the circumstances and people involved but I'm sure some people think stealing in ANY situation is wrong. Everything is subjective.

yes, stealing in any situation is wrong.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wow. It's like your world view is that of a child's.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But in each of my examples, the ones committing the atrocious acts were the ones who were considered protagonists (not including the Death Note one; I don't really know enough about that anime to know if the guy with the notebook was the protagonist or not). These characters were committing evil acts for "good", as you put it.

just because you are the protagonist doesn't mean you are good nor necessarily portrayed as good. I just have a problem with things that are good called bad and things that are evil called good.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wow. It's like your world view is that of a child's.

you can steal food in order to survive. I understand why you did it, doesn't make it any less wrong.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What if your family had a painting stolen from them during WW2 by the nazis and you steal it back from whoever owns it now?

Would you consider that right or wrong? Your family owned it and had it unfairly stolen but whoever has it now is the current 'owner'.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of different situations where stealing or killing is right, you just can't accept that others feel that way.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What if your family had a painting stolen from them during WW2 by the nazis and you steal it back from whoever owns it now?

Would you consider that right or wrong? Your family owned it and had it unfairly stolen but whoever has it now is the current 'owner'.

I wouldn't steal it back. I would go to the people that currently possess it and explain to them the situation. If they didn't give it back I would bring the case to court.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just because you are the protagonist doesn't mean you are good nor necessarily portrayed as good. I just have a problem with things that are good called bad and things that are evil called good.
AHA! I agree 100% with you there. So, in the anime you're currently up in arms about, we're introduced to characters who are the protagonists who are also cannibals. It doesn't mean they're good or necessarily portrayed as good, but in this case they are; much like the characters in each of the animes I was talking about, earlier. What this boils down to is personal preference.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen Tokyo Ghoul, Mag?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of different situations where stealing or killing is right, you just can't accept that others feel that way.

killing can be right, but murder no. stealing is not right.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

(not including the Death Note one; I don't really know enough about that anime to know if the guy with the notebook was the protagonist or not)

He's the protagonist and he goes from good to bad
He was never good to begin with.

But, relatively speaking...yeah. He went veeeeeeery bad lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is 100% good though, I'd say Light was normal at the start and then turned bad
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46