Whats A Good Anime To Watch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Whats a good anime to watch?
Whats a good anime to watch?
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 44 45 46
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
AHA! I agree 100% with you there. So, in the anime you're currently up in arms about, we're introduced to characters who are the protagonists who are also cannibals. It doesn't mean they're good or necessarily portrayed as good, but in this case they are; much like the characters in each of the animes I was talking about, earlier. What this boils down to is personal preference.

It's more than that though. There are also characters that protect humanity by hunting ghouls. They are protrayed as bad even though they are defending humanity.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Have you seen Tokyo Ghoul, Mag?
I've seen Trigun, Evangelion and... I think that's it.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
AHA! I agree 100% with you there. So, in the anime you're currently up in arms about, we're introduced to characters who are the protagonists who are also cannibals. It doesn't mean they're good or necessarily portrayed as good, but in this case they are; much like the characters in each of the animes I was talking about, earlier. What this boils down to is personal preference.

It's more than that though. There are also characters that protect humanity by hunting ghouls. They are protrayed as bad even though they are defending humanity.
And in this particular case, humanity is evil. Again, this is art we're talking about, and it doesn't necessarily have to be didactic. We've seen movies and shows and countless other forms of entertainment where an entire species is evil. What comes to my mind is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and those pudgy pig alien things who are addicted to paperwork. They're considered evil. Maybe in this particular anime, humans are the evil ones.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no good or bad in Tokyo Ghoul. It's just portraying a situation, and how those involved in it deal with it. That's the whole point of the show IMO, and what makes it interesting.

Neither ghouls nor humans are inherently good or bad. Both "species" have good and bad people.

I understand what you say regarding "delivering a wrong message", but I don't see how that applies to TG at all.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen Tokyo Ghoul, Mag?
I've seen Trigun, Evangelion and... I think that's it.

The main character in Tokyo Ghoul is a human that is attacked by a ghoul and then turned into one because he had some organs (from the ghoul) transplanted into him. He doesn't want to eat human flesh but he has to in order to survive and if he doesn't eat he can't stop thinking about killing people. This is why he eats the flesh of dead people instead.
. In fact, humans can be far crueler since they'd kill whole families even when they hadn't killed anyone.

They also like to torture the 'nice' ghouls and make them watch as they kill their families.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should spoiler that, Drac.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing there that you won't find in any description of the anime. The part about killing families is just general background info on the investigators and isn't about any investigator specifically.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

See, that's even tamer than Nabokov's work. It's innate in all living creatures to survive, so at least that guy's doing it to where he won't be hurting anyone. I don't see what the hullabaloo is about.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Protey obviously can't accept that other people view the world differently and don't live their lives based on what he considers good and bad.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks eating human corpses is OK... has something wrong with them.

edit: you are defiling someone's corpse. there is harm, because they didn't give you permission to eat them.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a human, yes. If you're a ghoul and it's the only way you can survive without killing someone, no.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They're dead, they don't give a ***anymore
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maggots and whatever else are gonna eat you anyway, might as well let the ghoul who doesn't want to harm people have you.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks eating human corpses is OK... has something wrong with them.

edit: you are defiling someone's corpse. there is harm, because they didn't give you permission to eat them.
There is a difference between reality and art. This is what I've been trying to get you to understand. No one is saying cannibalism in reality isn't wrong. But in this fictional world, it isn't. I'm not condoning cannibalism, just like I'm not condoning pedophilia. It's just art.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a human, yes. If you're a ghoul and it's the only way you can survive without killing someone, no.

Like I said, if it's the only way you can live, you should allow yourself to die. Vampires who suck the blood from people without their permission in order to live, is that acceptable?

They are taking something that does not belong to them. They have no right to it. Doesn't matter if you need it to survive, you are wrong for taking it.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing there that you won't find in any description of the anime. The part about killing families is just general background info on the investigators and isn't about any investigator specifically.
Fair enough, but some people only watch anime, and that's like the whole first episode lol. Some people prefer finding out by watching the first ep (or first few episodes) themselves. I personally did, and preferred it to knowing beforehand what'd happen to the protagonist.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maggots and whatever else are gonna eat you anyway, might as well let the ghoul who doesn't want to harm people have you.

or just kill them so they don't have to feed on people anymore.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They're dead, they don't give a ***anymore

Their families do.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're pretty twisted Protey
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, if it's the only way you can live, you should allow yourself to die. Vampires who suck the blood from people without their permission in order to live, is that acceptable?

They are taking something that does not belong to them. They have no right to it. Doesn't matter if you need it to survive, you are wrong for taking it.
Why is it not "wrong" for ghouls to accept annihilation?

Who gave humans the right to put humanity's well-being before ghouls'?
[+]
By Artzair 2015-04-13 01:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello if you not have seen some of these, then i advise you to look them up if you happen to find them. Some of these are very Rare to find HD Quality.

TV-Serie.

Berserk.Samurai Champloo.Fullmetal Alchemist BrotherHood.Gungrave.Parasyte - The Maxim.Rurouni Kenshin.Shigurui.
Black Lagoon.Claymore.Attack on Titan.DragonBall Z/GT/Movies.Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne.Cowboy Bebop.Hellsing Ultimate.Death note.
Elfen Lied.Deadman Wonderland.

Movie.

Grave Of The Fireflies.Sword of The Stranger.Highlander vengeance.Spriggan.

Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're pretty twisted Protey

funny, I think the same of you.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 01:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Who put ghouls well-being before humanity's? Humanity doesn't try to live by taking ghouls bodies that doesn't belong to them and eat them.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 01:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, we just keep animals in captivity for the sole purpose of breeding and slaughtering them by the millions (if not billions).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Who put ghouls well-being before humanity's? Humanity doesn't try to live by taking ghouls bodies that doesn't belong to them and eat them.
But humanity does the same thing to a multitude of other animals.

You only side-stepped the question, btw. You didn't give a convincing argument on why ghouls (who have no other choice) should also put humans' (who have other choices regarding dealing with ghouls) well-being before theirs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-04-13 01:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Protey, you should sit in on one of my classes. I've been trying to teach my kids abstract concepts for months, now.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-04-13 01:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

this ***gettin real
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-13 01:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if Mag knows this, but the ghouls in TG look and behave exactly the same as humans. That's what makes it interesting: we're not talking about mindless or hideous creatures whom we can rationalize exterminating easily because "they're not human", they preserve/share with us a lot of what makes us humans. Think of them as a Homo Sapiens subspecies.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-13 02:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, we just keep animals in captivity for the sole purpose of breeding and slaughtering them by the millions (if not billions).

But humanity does the same thing to a multitude of other animals.

You only side-stepped the question, btw. You didn't give a convincing argument on why ghouls (who have no other choice) should also put humans' (who have other choices regarding dealing with ghouls) well-being before theirs.

One has to be a part of killing in order to live. Even vegans are part of killing plants. Doesn't mean one should eat humans. plants, animals, fish, etc. don't have thoughts and conversations of reason. They are incapable of having spouses and grieving for that dead spouse. These ghouls take away and eat the bodies of people (they didn't get permission to do so) despite the families that would want to bury, cremate, w/e the body. Those of you that are advocating the ghouls behavior, makes me wonder if you do not have a family. Think of that happening to your spouse or your kids.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-13 02:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They are incapable of having spouses and grieving for that dead spouse

You are wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 44 45 46