Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 40 41 42
 Lakshmi.Mikal
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Mikal503
By Lakshmi.Mikal 2008-12-14 11:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've wanted to do searches for stuff I couldn't find irl...
/sea all headphones
 Cerberus.Faraday
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Faraday 2008-12-14 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

One morning my (now) ex-husband confessed to me that during the night, while dreaming he was his character in FFXI, he sleep walked into the kitchen and started eating food to boost his stats. He didn't wake up until he was working on his sixth donut! LOL
 Phoenix.Sathon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sathon 2008-12-17 21:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't had the auto-follow in the car yet but I kept get stopped at red lights and wanted to type to the LS,"I hate hitting every damn light."

Gmail has the audacity not to have an auto-translate function.

(o.o)/ Guilty of license plate reading saw 756PLD and thought he just had 6 meritpo.

Called my CoP/Nyzul run 'Team building Excerices' so I can keep off work. (Lame I know, but all I get are,"Wow that's really neat" or, "Good for you." all I can say after that is,"You have no idea.")

I met my wife for lunch one day. The parking lot was packed so I ended up a bit far from the place. On my way to the car, after all was said and done, I didn't feel like running the whole way myself/wanted to pick up the pace. Fingers motioned for the 'Z' & 'R' Key and I started wondering why I was slowing down.... Still can't stop shaking my head about that.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-17 21:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sathon said:
Called my CoP/Nyzul run 'Team building Excerices' so I can keep off work. (Lame I know, but all I get are,"Wow that's really neat" or, "Good for you." all I can say after that is,"You have no idea.")

THIS is a good one XDDDDDDD {All right!} (^^)v
 Carbuncle.Ryuken
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ryuken 2008-12-17 21:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I too do the MSN esc and /p /t /l things, but i think the most fail thing i've ever done was when i was on a bus in scotland with my girlfriend who also plays FFXI, this guy fell over and i got a fright, he was having a epileptic fit an i paniced and told my gf to call a whm. Ironicly she is a 75 WHM.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2008-12-17 22:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuken said:
... this guy fell over and i got a fright, he was having a epileptic fit an i paniced and told my gf to call a whm. Ironicly she is a 75 WHM.

Oh my goodness and lol.

This thread is awesome.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-12-17 22:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1. calling RL money "gil" (i need to go to the bank to get some gil.)

2. i also do the auto translate thing when not in game.

3. in game i love cooking. i'm actually quite the popular chef. while shopping once i was looking for the crystals i would need to buy to make the pizza (water for dough fire for the pizza) i was cooking that night. i walked around for about 5 minutes before i realized what i was doing. >.<

4. went to ffxiah.com to check to see if my stuff on ebay sold...
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-17 23:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuken said:
i was on a bus in scotland with my girlfriend who also plays FFXI, this guy fell over and i got a fright, he was having a epileptic fit an i paniced and told my gf to call a whm. Ironicly she is a 75 WHM.

HAHAHAHA <33333 Sorry, this is just too classic.

"OMG!!! DS CURE V!!!"
 Ifrit.Lafran
Server: Ifrit
user: Lafran
By Ifrit.Lafran 2008-12-17 23:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm lets see a few of these for sure...

1. Me my friend and his father (all of us play ffxi) were at a restaurant and were talking about killing statues in sky for despot to spawn.. somehow the conversation got to how some pots aggroed and my friends dad who has a really loud voice was like yea but we were smoking those pots! and about the whole restaurant zeroed in on us.

2. Another time I just got done with a party and went to a gas station as the clerk was ringing my items up i thought "wow this is barely any gil!" and then while i took my items from the counter i looked her right in the face and said ty! and walked out I didnt realize what i did till i got in the car.

3. I once called my study group my linkshell when my teacher asked me about them.

4. When taking my notes in school ffxi lingo is a common thing now days.

5. multiple dreams about ffxi as well.

I have a few more but they seem to be common occurrences around here lol so i wont bother posting them
 Unicorn.Cribian
Server: Unicorn
user: Cribian
By Unicorn.Cribian 2008-12-18 00:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I go buy Vana'diel time instead of real time, once someone at a bus stop asked the time and I said its 12:51 wanning gibbous
 Pandemonium.Maxx
Server: Pandemonium
user: Maxx
By Pandemonium.Maxx 2008-12-18 00:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to the 06 Fanfest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Foxvolta
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Foxvolta
By Midgardsormr.Foxvolta 2008-12-19 13:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just came back inside from looking at the snow disappointed that I couldn't take pictures of it to show people.............cuz I was out of screenshots >_>
 Lakshmi.Woodchipper
By Lakshmi.Woodchipper 2008-12-19 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

since i play on the ps2 still, lol while playing any other game, any, i go for the auto run, and tab buttons.. i gets owned on socom now >.<
 Asura.Hatheron
Server: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2008-12-19 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes, while driving, I'll look down towards the left for my non-existent compass. >.<

Also, anytime I play a game with adjustable camera controls, I have to alter them to match FFXI.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-19 14:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuken said:
i was on a bus in scotland with my girlfriend who also plays FFXI, this guy fell over and i got a fright, he was having a epileptic fit an i paniced and told my gf to call a whm. Ironicly she is a 75 WHM.

LMAO. I feel sorry for the guy but that is funny.

Sadly a new one came to me this week while on my bowling league ><
The pins looked like Mandies to me. Before tossing my ball down the lane, I wondered if they were close enough for a ranged attack.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2008-12-19 15:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds more like an AA confession lol

Um.... I was driving and I once tried to tab an arrow over a cop in front of of me to /check to see if I needed to worry about agro....
 Cerberus.Neemico
Server: Cerberus
user: Neemico
By Cerberus.Neemico 2008-12-19 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to post a reply here. Work asked me to stay late but i told them no and they asked me why. I said "Oh i'm going to a party for a few hours with 5 of my friends" aka merits, NI, Salvage etc. lol
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2008-12-19 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a dream of being chased by clowns in Yhoator Jungle. I got to the part where you could drop down the hole to head towards Sea serpant grotto, and got clipped by a goblin smithy. then i woke up lol

edit: i was once in this phase 3 yrs ago, but i finally grown out of it. i work mainly outside, and every time i seen a mailbox with the numbers 75 in it, i instantly thought of ffxi
 Lakshmi.Sherrybirkin
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Sherrybirkin 2008-12-19 17:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In work I once spent almost half an hour talking about FF11 in fluent auto-translate/lingo with a work mate. During that time all 3 of my bosses were sat thier open mouthed wondering wtf? with /fume emotes lol suprisingly we got a lot of work done that day lol

"Do you see it?" "ftl" "rounded corners do you need it?" "too weak rounded corners" "rounded corners sweets" "rounded corners impossible to gadge too weak" you get the idea (work for web development company, rounded corners on layouts a "*** sword" to do)

And dispite being male irl I often get called Sherry/Shez/Sher ftl >.< /fume
 Hades.Madhybrid
Server: Hades
user: Madhybrid
By Hades.Madhybrid 2008-12-19 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you know you've played to much FFXI when your asked for the time irl and you give them the in game time... then /clock and give them the vanadiel day for the date...

done that before
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-19 20:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxvolta said:
So I just came back inside from looking at the snow disappointed that I couldn't take pictures of it to show people.............cuz I was out of screenshots &gt;_&gt;
I DO THIS TOO XDDD I'm a screenshot maniac in game, and my right index finger twitches towards the "Print Scrn/Sys Rq" button every FKING TIME.

Oh, and I have said "orz" out loud >_<
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-19 21:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sherrybirkin said:
gadge

You can always tell a person that uses auto-translate too much, we only know the correct spelling of the first two letters of any given word XD

I was writting today and found my-self at a loss of how to spell the word "which"... I made it to "whi" and then I was scanning my paper for the fk'ing tab key (-.-;L
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-19 21:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikal said:
I've wanted to do searches for stuff I couldn't find irl... /sea all headphones

I have found /target works better that /sea all because you don't have to worry about zoning to find them! XD
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2008-12-19 22:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OH wait I have one more. On the day with the big December update this past week I was sick and I stayed home from school. I was planning on playing FFXI all day because that's what I do when I'm sick, but matenience was going on. So I got bored after 30 minutes and decided to go to school >_>;
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2008-12-19 23:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I use auto-translate lingo constantly. I also have asked a bank clerk how much gil was in my account. >.>
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-20 00:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Parak said:
OH wait I have one more. On the day with the big December update this past week I was sick and I stayed home from school. I was planning on playing FFXI all day because that's what I do when I'm sick, but matenience was going on. So I got bored after 30 minutes and decided to go to school >_>;

LOOOOOOOL XDDDDDDD
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2008-12-20 00:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol....i did something sorta like that....i was counting my money to tell my sister how much i had in my wallet....told her i had 60 something gil....she was confused

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-20 03:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Was trying to creep downstairs last night and not wake my mum up (who can hear the slightest noise) so i'm thinking I need to cast sneak and hope she isnt true sound =/
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 40 41 42