Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41
 Valefor.Poetry
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Poetry
By Valefor.Poetry 2008-12-09 03:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My rl friends and I call each other by our in game names and yeah it is embarrassing. I'm sure most of you do this too when you are typing on an instant messenger you'll type "/l, /p, etc" before starting your sentence. I've gotten so bad that I dont even bother to backspace it.
[+]
 Seraph.Megabyte
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Megabyte 2008-12-09 03:18:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Looked directly into a cashiers face after you realize they gave you the wrong change and say "You didn't give me enough gil" then trying to play it off like you said "You didn't give me enough, girl" and HE looks at you like you had too much to drink?

Good times, and it took 2 managers and 3 cashiers to figure out that they shorted me 15 cents.
[+]
 Asura.Kaylen
Server: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2008-12-09 04:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i do the /l and /p thing all the time when typing. once when we were leaving work after a long night they asked what i was gonna do at home and i said "i think i'm gonna go home and camp then do some farming" the look was golden
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2008-12-09 04:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Best story I've ever heard from an old in-game friend of mine from Washington:

When we were in one Sky Linkshell together, he had to go afk because had jehova's witnesses knocking at his door, and then he shooed them away from his place by telling them, without realizing it, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to excuse me, I'm busy killing a god."
[+]
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2008-12-09 04:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and my wife talk to each other like we are auto-transalating our words. Entire conversations in <Please Assist>, <No, Thanks>, <Why?>, <I don't know>, etc.... Sure it doesn't help she speaks Japanese and I don't but sometimes I wonder if she thinks I am just another NA ingame when she speaks in english lol.
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2008-12-09 07:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My Ma asked me to get on my chocobo and go pick up the carry out.... /slap
[+]
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-12-09 09:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I talk about money in the thousands; when my meal comes to 10 dollars, I'll say 10k. There have also been times when I've been say, stuck in traffic and I'll think, "omg eff this, Im warping home." and then sadly remember I cant. ._.

I remember one time leaving my dad's house after a dinner party and he asked what my plans for the rest of the night were, and I said without thinking that I had to go to Limbus. I played it off like it was the name of some dance club though. :3
[+]
 Pandemonium.Weisheng
Server: Pandemonium
user: Weisheng
By Pandemonium.Weisheng 2008-12-09 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

-Getting pissed off at your co-worker and calling a {GM}
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-12-09 09:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
I talk about money in the thousands; when my meal comes to 10 dollars, I'll say 10k. There have also been times when I've been say, stuck in traffic and I'll think, "omg eff this, Im warping home." and then sadly remember I cant. ._.

I remember one time leaving my dad's house after a dinner party and he asked what my plans for the rest of the night were, and I said without thinking that I had to go to Limbus. I played it off like it was the name of some dance club though. :3

You ever wonder why we feel the need to make up "normal" situations when we slip up like that? Like going to a crowded club and rubbing up on complete strangers is somehow more normal than playing a video game with some friends.

I haven't had real bad slip ups in FFXI, but I did work at a hospital long enough to start calling waitresses "Nurse".
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2008-12-09 10:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was out with some friends recently in our local nightclub, without thinking I told them I was gonna log because i was tired...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Massira
Server: Remora
user: Massira
By Remora.Massira 2008-12-09 12:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There was once I was taking the subyway. As I was looking for my stop on the map, I kept on searching for the red dot on the map. The "outpost" where I can warp home later when I'm done with my errands. -.-
[+]
 Caitsith.Samina
Server: Caitsith
user: Samina
By Caitsith.Samina 2008-12-09 12:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to school for Nursing, and once I was doing a speech on IQ tests. Instead of saying IQ, I kept saying HQ (100 crafter in me I guess). I honestly don't think anyone was paying attention enough to notice, but I did!
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-09 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was at work today and it all had occured to me...

When I get pissed off at ppl when things don't go right.. I usually flip ppl the bird, then finish off by saying " <you can have this >"

lol -.- oh brother.....lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-09 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the /p and /l thing in aim lol
Also the (too weak) and (impossible to gauge) hahaha
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-09 13:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and a few times my parents or friends will ask what i'm doing. And I respond I'm going to a (party)... they're like... O.o?

I correct myself and say i'm going to play my game..
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-12-09 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol all the time I avoid going to the bar with my friends by using excuses like "I've gotta be in Dynamis in an hour..." or "Cant make it tonite, I'll be in sea farming ix'drg."

It definitely gets a lot of weird looks, saying it so normally to people who dont play.

Lol I use the <Too weak> and <True strike> stuff in normal conversation... though oddly those dont garner as much attention lol
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-09 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of the best threads. lol
[+]
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2008-12-09 14:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got to say I have 5-6 Real Life friends I meat up with from High School and unfornetly for my wife when we do its nothing but game talk. We do refer to people by our screen names. I havent been called Keith in years by them, but its all good.
 Caitsith.Visper
user: Visper
By Caitsith.Visper 2008-12-09 14:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ok here's one. My wife bought me some shirts for work and when she went to wash them I asked her to check the stats first...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2008-12-09 14:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i tend to do game abrevs so if people ask me what you doing i'll say "oh Friday i'm going to a pt (i will say pt) and people will just look at me like i just punch a nun till i remeind them it means party lol
 Fairy.Buttehrs
Server: Fairy
user: Bigmikr
By Fairy.Buttehrs 2008-12-09 15:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

heres one i have a friend who sometimes when they play and someone /waves to them they actually wave at the screen >.>
[+]
 Siren.Avinne
Server: Siren
user:
By Siren.Avinne 2008-12-09 15:07:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I recently went to Fan Fest and met up with some of my LS members for some Korean BBQ and beer... let's just say two of us ended up doing /dance4 motion in RL on the street corner in Hollywood. Woot.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-09 15:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day, when I noticed a button on my stereo that said RDM, I immediately thought Red Mage instead of Random. Then a truck went by me shortly thereafter with the letters BST on it. A trucking company, owned and operated by Beastmasters.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-12-09 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't stand people who type: [Too weak] or [Can I have it?] on forums using autotranslate brackets ...

I was taking a college class a year or so ago and overheard someone in the break room say: "STFU you *** sword" and his friend replied "did you just call me a *** sword?". They laughed about it (I assume they both played the game).

My character is modeled after my wife if that counts for this thread ... short with red hair and a poneytail.

I've also seen someones tags on their car saying "FFXI 75WHM"
 Valefor.Chucky
Server: Valefor
user: Chucky
By Valefor.Chucky 2008-12-09 15:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I call my husband by his in game name too often. My mother who is a anti-gamer has asked my neice (who is 4) if she wants to speak to auntie chucky on the phone.

<Thanks for the offer i will have to pass> and <*** Sword> are two phrases that are used in my house way to often

A guy in my ls once asked his mother to pick him up a stack of cookies when she went to the store.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2008-12-09 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i used Thanks for the offer i will have to pass before i played FFXI a friend used to say it alot and it was kind of an inside joke, after i played FFXI i asked him if he played FFXI, as far as i'm awear he has never played ffxi, so somethings are just random from the off set lol
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2008-12-09 16:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

me and my bf play together and i seem to find myself calling him by his game name when i talk about him to friends and family. Also having dreams about playing ffxi is another sad sign i have ^^
[+]
 Asura.Kaylen
Server: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2008-12-09 18:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I was told today I use looking for party to much when they ask me what I'm gonna do.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41