With 12 Hours Of Gameplay On FFXIII I Have Only One Complaint.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » With 12 hours of gameplay on FFXIII I have only one complaint.
With 12 hours of gameplay on FFXIII I have only one complaint.
First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-10 17:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is my victory music?
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-03-10 17:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

needs more cowbell?
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-10 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

pulled a 24 hour run myself, passed out. Was worth it though.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-11 09:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Up until now ALL FF games have had victory themes.(except 11, of course)
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2010-03-11 09:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

its the level up music in 11 :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-11 09:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

After you beat the game and have had all battles 5-starred, you hear the victory theme after the credits.

Actually, I don't know, but one may dream, can they?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-11 09:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

After you beat the game and have had all battles 5-starred

Maybe God could do it. Do you think so?
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-11 09:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, anyone far into the game? I need support with a certain part.
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
Server: Asura
user: Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2010-03-11 10:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There is actually a type of victory music seeing as if you level up you get the FF1 and on Victory music.

Btw LUV FFXIII, luv the battle music, so wanna get the sound track when they release it. So many naysayers on Metacritic. They can shove a pine-comb in the darkest place of their backside.

Anyone else notice the FFXIII level system works alot like the Sphere system in FFX? hehe i thought that was kinda neat
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-11 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure he means the Victory Fanfare... the actual original victory theme.
 Pandemonium.Tygon
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-03-11 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

played it for 2 hours so far.. Hope it starts to get decent, so far its just a X button Smash game on the PS3
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-11 10:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Tygon said:
played it for 2 hours so far.. Hope it starts to get decent, so far its just a X button Smash game on the PS3

God, I wish I could go back to those easy moments.
 Fenrir.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-11 10:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

doing a back flip every time you attack is pretty cool rite?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 12:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Names uncovered up until now.

Kujata.
Carbuncle.
Shiva.
Odin.
Phoenix.
Eden.
Bismarck.
Anima.
Dahaka.
Atomos.
Bahamut.
Alexander.
Ragnarok.
Siren.
Ramuh.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've now put ~10+ hours into FFXIII. Figured I could finally come here and post my thoughts on it.

It didn't take long to figure out what people meant when they said it was a straightforward game.

The only reason that really bothers me right now is because it limits how much I can 'level'. It's obvious when you're either about to fight some sort of boss or have a major CS because you fill up your 'grid' (what's the proper term for the system?). I'm one of those people that will take the time to run in circles to become 'overpowered' compared to the bosses.

I do like the battle system. There are some times where I wish I could micromanage the other people (hi2u same buff/debuff 3 times in 1 turn on same target), but there are other times when I'm glad I only control one person. Overall I think it balances out. Yes, it's a lot of button mashing for a while since simply attacking will win. That eventually goes away and you have to actually think about what class you use when.

Overall, I like the game. It starts out slow, but has improved bit by bit. I'm actually enjoying the storyline now. Yes, most of the characters are annoying. Those have become less annoying as I've progressed though (except Vanille).

I've seen a lot of "if you liked/disliked FF##, you'll like/dislike FFXIII". VII is my favorite. I hated VIII. IX bored me. I never actually beat the final boss. X was good. XII wasn't anything memorable though I didn't actually dislike the game. (I've played all the other FF's, but I don't really have an opinion on them.)

Edit: I'm not a fan of games that don't have random battles. When they remade Lunar and took out the random battles, it made me want to punch a baby. I'm a father of two so that's saying a lot.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 12:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
The only reason that really bothers me right now is because it limits how much I can 'level'.

This opens up at the same time the linearity opens up. At some point the grid expands considerably while at the same time you'll be able to level ANY role on ANY character.
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I do like the battle system. There are some times where I wish I could micromanage the other people (hi2u same buff/debuff 3 times in 1 turn on same target)

It has come to my attention, as I progressed that some roles aren't as effective when played by the computer. The best way to remedy this is to try to take all the critical roles upon yourself as much as you can.

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
The only reason that really bothers me right now is because it limits how much I can 'level'.

This opens up at the same time the linearity opens up. At some point the grid expands considerably while at the same time you'll be able to level ANY role on ANY character.
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I do like the battle system. There are some times where I wish I could micromanage the other people (hi2u same buff/debuff 3 times in 1 turn on same target)

It has come to my attention, as I progressed that some roles aren't as effective when played by the computer. The best way to remedy this is to try to take all the critical roles upon yourself as much as you can.
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I'm enjoying the game anyway, and I'm being patient with the storyline/leveling.

I agree completely. I don't bother buffing/debuffing unless it's something that hits like a brick and requires me to heal after a single hit.

I'll be glad when I pick my people and their roles. Right now I've got ~3 roles each. It doesn't help that I'm still only controlling two people at once.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-15 13:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

one complaint lol. i dont know where to start with mines, but the two BIGGEST things about this game that REALLLLY pissed me off is
1) when leader dies its a automatic "Game Over"
2) when someone dies in your party or even gets hurt.. and u complete the battle they are automaticly healed.

these are the 2 biggest problems i have with XIII i have way more tho that i really dont want to get into
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Only a handful of enemies are able to oneshot you or almost oneshot you from 100% HP anyway.
2) This game would be incredibly difficult if not (or not given the fact Cure costs 0 MP).
 Hades.Amnesia
Server: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-15 13:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Pandemonium.Tygon said:

God, I wish I could go back to those easy moments.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jovant said:
one complaint lol. i dont know where to start with mines, but the two BIGGEST things about this game that REALLLLY pissed me off is
1) when leader dies its a automatic "Game Over"
2) when someone dies in your party or even gets hurt.. and u complete the battle they are automaticly healed.

these are the 2 biggest problems i have with XIII i have way more tho that i really dont want to get into
1) This would bother me if it didn't let you retry that fight if you die. Not like you'd lose much progress since there are 203948394823094 save points in the game. I've died stupidly because of getting distracted (multitasking with FFXI isn't always a smart idea).

2) This doesn't really bother me. Not having to go into the menus after every battle and healing is nice. Also, this helps to not have MP. It's an oddity to me, but I'm adjusting to it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
What grinds my gears about FFXIII is when one character has something they want to say to the other character SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS to interrupt them from finishing their thought.
Sometimes I'm glad for it. Less QQing and more action!
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why when the controlled player dies the game is over, either.

Even if they switched to another player when one dies, it wouldn't be a considerable advantage anyways.

Right now I concentrate defensive accesories on my main player(lightning) so that I won't be surprised easily.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
What grinds my gears about FFXIII is when one character has something they want to say to the other character SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS to interrupt them from finishing their thought.

It's a very common cinematic technique to hook you into watching/playing more :p

Wait until Chapter 7 (no spoilers) for a really good example of this.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:

To be perfectly fair, it doesn't really bother me most times since 75% of the time I know what the person will want to say due to a rather predictable JRPG plot. XD
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 13:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished the game last night and it was incredible.
Excellent story, excellent gameplay and actually challanging bosses (towards the end).
Hell even basic battles are hard as *** towards the end.
I don't even care for the linearness.

I don't see how people can complain about not controlling each character. If they allowed that with the current battle system, it would be impossible to control everyone. You'd basically be mashing Auto-Attack since you won't have time to choose what you want to do without the enemy raping your face in. (unless you play on Slow ATB, but I don't even know since I hate slow-paced games.)

Now I'm doing all the after-game stuff. The game is fantastic.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I finished the game last night and it was incredible.
Excellent story, excellent gameplay and actually challanging bosses (towards the end).
Hell even basic battles are hard as *** towards the end.
I don't even care for the linearness.

I still can't believe there are no towns though.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game, I just also love towns.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
(unless you play on Slow ATB, but I don't even know since I hate slow-paced games.)
I've never played a game with a slow ATB. I forgot that was even an option.
 Seraph.Antonious
Server: Seraph
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-03-15 13:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I finished the game last night and it was incredible. Excellent story, excellent gameplay and actually challanging bosses (towards the end). Hell even basic battles are hard as *** towards the end. I don't even care for the linearness. I don't see how people can complain about not controlling each character. If they allowed that with the current battle system, it would be impossible to control everyone. You'd basically be mashing Auto-Attack since you won't have time to choose what you want to do without the enemy raping your face in. (unless you play on Slow ATB, but I don't even know since I hate slow-paced games.) Now I'm doing all the after-game stuff. The game is fantastic.

I'm agreeing more and more with this statement the further into the game I get. I expressed some concerns in another thread when I was on Chapter 4. I just started Chapter 8 and the storyline has progressed wonderfully. I don't get bored with the battles at all. Changing paradgims(sp) due to not being able to level past the zone you are playing in, is much better than just pushing fight till the battles are over like in previous FF's cause you grinded your arse off. You constantly need to stay on your toes.

This is developing into one of my favorite games in years. I can't wait to get further along, I hear I'm in for some fun stuff!!
First Page 2 3 4