With 12 Hours Of Gameplay On FFXIII I Have Only One Complaint.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » With 12 hours of gameplay on FFXIII I have only one complaint.
With 12 hours of gameplay on FFXIII I have only one complaint.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 13:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
(unless you play on Slow ATB, but I don't even know since I hate slow-paced games.)
I've never played a game with a slow ATB. I forgot that was even an option.

I generally try to speed it up as much as possible. Imagine if this game had a "Fast" option, lol. Haste would make it ridiculous.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
What grinds my gears about FFXIII is when one character has something they want to say to the other character SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS to interrupt them from finishing their thought.

It's a very common cinematic technique to hook you into watching/playing more :p

Wait until Chapter 7 (no spoilers) for a really good example of this.
I'm towards the end of chapter 9 :D

Enjoy the boss at the end of that - it's one of those which will destroy you unless you have the right strategy in mind. Awesome fight.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
(unless you play on Slow ATB, but I don't even know since I hate slow-paced games.)
I've never played a game with a slow ATB. I forgot that was even an option.

I generally try to speed it up as much as possible. Imagine if this game had a "Fast" option, lol. Haste would make it ridiculous.
I'm playing on whatever the default is. There are times when I start panicking and don't feel like I can hit the buttons to change roles quick enough (hi2u 12 hp left). I love it.
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
What grinds my gears about FFXIII is when one character has something they want to say to the other character SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS to interrupt them from finishing their thought.

It's a very common cinematic technique to hook you into watching/playing more :p

I'm gonna send you a PM since I'm not sure what chapter I'm on.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 13:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All boss fights after 9's get tough. Very tough. It will be a rude awakening.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-03-15 13:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Enjoy the boss at the end of that - it's one of those which will destroy you unless you have the right strategy in mind. Awesome fight.
Was a easy fight if you go about it right.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Since this thread seems to be fairly busy:

Do you think they'll take FFXIII spells and add them into FFXI?

Level 99 RDM casting Deprotect and Deshell etc?
I was actually thinking about FFXIV having a leveling system like FFXIII. They mentioned before that it wouldn't have the traditional XP grind or something.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Since this thread seems to be fairly busy:

Do you think they'll take FFXIII spells and add them into FFXI?

Level 99 RDM casting Deprotect and Deshell etc?

I really need to check out all the spells. I like what they turned the spell silence into. Much more versatile.

Imperil is also an amazing spell.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 13:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they made the spells do a tad bit of damage, too. So even if Poison doesn't land, it still does something. I really like how Death does damage if it doesn't instantly kill the enemy.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I like how they made the spells do a tad bit of damage, too. So even if Poison doesn't land, it still does something. I really like how Death does damage if it doesn't instantly kill the enemy.

They have the Death spell?

Oh thank god.

That ought to help me out

WITH THOSE *** BEHEMOTHS
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
WITH THOSE *** BEHEMOTHS
It's amazing the difference in difficulty between a preemptive attack and not on the behe mobs.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I had a limitless supply of deceptisols.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 13:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Vanille gets it. I know, bummer. Every character has an 'Ultimate' move later in the Crystarium. I'll let you find that out on your own (or just PM me for what they're like).
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 13:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Only Vanille gets it. I know, bummer. Every character has an 'Ultimate' move later in the Crystarium. I'll let you find that out on your own (or just PM me for what they're like).

Cool, because I already settled my main party.

Lightning, Fang, Vanille.

I know all girls. XD
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Cool, because I already settled my main party.

Lightning, Fang, Vanille.

I know all girls. XD
That combo makes sense to me. While annoying, Vanille is decent in battles.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 14:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Hope instead of Vanille. A lot of bosses towards the end will require buffs to avoid instant death, so consider that, lol.

You'll probably only see Death if you actually control Vanille, as I don't think the CPUs will make her use it (I've yet to ever see any CPU use any of the moves).
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 14:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm leaning towards Hope instead of Vanille.
I've gotten used to Hope, but I won't use him once I have the choice.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like her strong healing and her ravager mode is destructive.

Can't I just make her a buffer later as well, Haseyo?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I like her strong healing and her ravager mode is destructive. Can't I just make her a buffer later as well, Haseyo?

In terms of stats, Hope is a stronger Ravanger in the long run. You can make her a Synergist later, but it's stupid how much CP it takes to raise characters outside of the main 3 roles. It takes like 15000 just to get Cure. You'll spend a fortune of CP trying to get buffs.

Vanille is a better healer, but again, towards the end, Hope gets the same curing spells (like very end though). It's a preference thing. The way I see it is: Do whatever you want, but if you find yourself hitting that "Retry" button too much on a boss; time to switcharoo. lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm leaning towards Hope instead of Vanille.
I've gotten used to Hope, but I won't use him once I have the choice.
Did you say you were gonna send me a PM or was that someone else? I was having a problem with PMs this morning, it said they were sent but I never got anything in my outbox.
Yeah, I did. Don't worry about it. I'm scrolling through a guide until I find where I'm at to get the chapter.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I like her strong healing and her ravager mode is destructive. Can't I just make her a buffer later as well, Haseyo?

In terms of stats, Hope is a stronger Ravanger in the long run. You can make her a Synergist later, but it's stupid how much CP it takes to raise characters outside of the main 3 roles. It takes like 15000 just to get Cure. You'll spend a fortune of CP trying to get buffs.

Vanille is a better healer, but again, towards the end, Hope gets the same curing spells (like very end though). It's a preference thing. The way I see it is: Do whatever you want, but if you find yourself hitting that "Retry" button too much on a boss; time to switcharoo. lol
I was like 'OMG' when it finally switched back to Snow and I had like 10k+ points to use.
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-03-15 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I use Hope instead of Vanille. A lot of bosses towards the end will require buffs to avoid instant death, so consider that, lol.

You'll probably only see Death if you actually control Vanille, as I don't think the CPUs will make her use it (I've yet to ever see any CPU use any of the moves).

that is the huge disappointment i have with this game, why can u not assign spells/ablitys to their roles. it seems to me its lacking a whole menu of stuff u "should" be able to do but cant.. i dunno ive only suffer'd though about 15hrs of this movie so far mabey im not far enough. you would think 4yrs in the making they could do a better job with the gameplay management. yeah and im one of those that hate the only being able to use 1 person during the fight.. if i wanna do that ill play god of war or some ***..
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy that while you can. I need 30k just to get another stat increase, lmao.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Yeah, I'm already annoyed when I get a series of battles only worth like 40-50 points when I need ~500 for an upgrade.

According to this guide, I'm at the beginning of chapter 7 now. I really enjoyed the CS.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-15 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

That's bad but not unbearable. I already make around 5k a fight now.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-15 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Altimaomega said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I use Hope instead of Vanille. A lot of bosses towards the end will require buffs to avoid instant death, so consider that, lol. You'll probably only see Death if you actually control Vanille, as I don't think the CPUs will make her use it (I've yet to ever see any CPU use any of the moves).
that is the huge disappointment i have with this game, why can u not assign spells/ablitys to their roles. it seems to me its lacking a whole menu of stuff u "should" be able to do but cant.. i dunno ive only suffer'd though about 15hrs of this movie so far mabey im not far enough. you would think 4yrs in the making they could do a better job with the gameplay management. yeah and im one of those that hate the only being able to use 1 person during the fight.. if i wanna do that ill play god of war or some ***..

Here's the thing: CPUs do the smartest thing possible after the enemy has been fully identified (generally after you use Libra to get all the info). If an enemy only uses physical attacks, the Synergist will only cast Protect and not Shell. If the enemy is weak against Fire and Water, the Ravanger will only cast Fire and Water spells. If there's more than one enemy within the radius, then the Ravanger will use the AoE version of it (once you get it, that is). So on and so forth.

All of the final moves (including Death) take up all 5 ATB gauges. Generally (I won't lie) it's never smart to use any of them. Many things are resistant to Death when you really want to use the spell so it would just deal damage. In most, if not all, cases, you'll just do more damage using Fire x5 or Firaga + Fira or Firaga + Fire x2, etc.
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-03-15 15:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Hades.Altimaomega said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I use Hope instead of Vanille. A lot of bosses towards the end will require buffs to avoid instant death, so consider that, lol. You'll probably only see Death if you actually control Vanille, as I don't think the CPUs will make her use it (I've yet to ever see any CPU use any of the moves).

Here's the thing: CPUs do the smartest thing possible after the enemy has been fully identified (generally after you use Libra to get all the info). If an enemy only uses physical attacks, the Synergist will only cast Protect and not Shell. If the enemy is weak against Fire and Water, the Ravanger will only cast Fire and Water spells. If there's more than one enemy within the radius, then the Ravanger will use the AoE version of it (once you get it, that is). So on and so forth.

All of the final moves (including Death) take up all 5 ATB gauges. Generally (I won't lie) it's never smart to use any of them. Many things are resistant to Death when you really want to use the spell so it would just deal damage. In most, if not all, cases, you'll just do more damage using Fire x5 or Firaga Fira or Firaga Fire x2, etc.

while that's all well and good, its still pretty gay to take away that aspect of the game from the player. even if there was a "auto" button u could push for those ppl that would rather take the easy way out.