Xbox 360 Confirmed, and Preoder for PC/PS3 on Amazon
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-21 22:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you know you didnt have to post twice to Quote diff people

Anyways there is a reason why people purchase a Console instead of building a gaming pc

its way simpler. Pop in disc, Boo~ya
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-21 22:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fanboys are annoying, as are people who insist it's coming out on Xbox 360 when even the official site hasn't confirmed it.

I'm just hoping that "PS3 (maybe 360, still unconfirmed) limitations" don't create the need for an unofficial windower to be created. Don't get me wrong, I love windower, but it was created to get around PS2 limitations on PC. Maybe Squenix will learn from their mistakes this time.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-21 22:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is coming to the 360 no matter what >.>

dunno why it annoys you

lets not talk about limitation, Only time that will happen is when they try to make a game that of the gfx lvl of crysis

I dont see it happening.

In this case it wont be limitation but if the Devs CBA to add those features
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-21 22:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
It is coming to the 360 no matter what >.>

dunno why it annoys you

lets not talk about limitation, Only time that will happen is when they try to make a game that of the gfx lvl of crysis

I dont see it happening.

In this case it wont be limitation but if the Devs CBA to add those features

I never said it annoys me that the game might come out for 360, I said it annoys me that people insist it's happening but it's still unconfirmed. Speculation is fine, but don't outright say it's gonna happen. We don't know that, lol. I also said fanboys are annoying. >.>;
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-21 22:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why it wouldn't come out on the 360. FF11 was on it

Soooo I dont see your point

It will happen its not really a debate... the Question is when will SE and MS strike a deal.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-21 22:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If it did come out on 360, I wouldn't have high hopes for it running well.

hai2u, FFXI on 360.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-21 23:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I can tell there are virtually no similarities in the development of FFXIV in comparison to FFXI.

As an example, look at Capcoms RE4 PC port and then their RE5 PC port. The games are similar but their development and support for other platforms were handled entirely different. RE4 ran like ***out of an elephants *** while RE5 ran silky smooth and was a joy to play. The same might be said for FFXIV if it is "ported" to the Xbox 360.

As I understand it, it's not too far of a jump from the 360 to the PC and hopefully SE has learned just how important it is to properly support the PC platform. It's likely that if SE is shaping up their support for platforms that ARE NOT Sony brand, that the 360 will run just as well.

All speculation of course, SE might have learned nothing at all and then the PC port will be a forced Fullscreen that looks like turds smeared on my screen.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-21 23:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Erim said:
As far as I can tell there are virtually no similarities in the development of FFXIV in comparison to FFXI.

As an example, look at Capcoms RE4 PC port and then their RE5 PC port. The games are similar but their development and support for other platforms were handled entirely different. RE4 ran like ***out of an elephants *** while RE5 ran silky smooth and was a joy to play. The same might be said for FFXIV if it is "ported" to the Xbox 360.

As I understand it, it's not too far of a jump from the 360 to the PC and hopefully SE has learned just how important it is to properly support the PC platform. It's likely that if SE is shaping up their support for platforms that ARE NOT Sony brand, that the 360 will run just as well.

All speculation of course, SE might have learned nothing at all and then the PC port will be a forced Fullscreen that looks like turds smeared on my screen.

I lol'd way too hard at the bolded sentence. :x

I agree, I'm just a tad bitter with how FFXI runs on the 360. Even if it does get released on 360, I'll still most likely play on PC. I just hope it doesn't lead to eventual "We can't do this or that because of (insert console) limitations. sry gaiz" ***. D:
 Ramuh.Gibgezr
user: Gibgezr
By Ramuh.Gibgezr 2010-02-21 23:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Only being 1 disk: Yes Enhanced sound: Maybe Graphical ability: No Blu-ray is a data storage technology. It's not going to affect 3-D graphic capability.
Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format. The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. For more general information about Blu-ray, please see our What is Blu-ray? section. Blu ray yes your right, CAN hold more storage, but it was Build for Enhancing graphics, clarity and sound of movies. If all it did was hold more storage, it would be a new PC disk, not a new entertainment system. This meaning the ps3 WILL play ffxiv with more clarity and sound and graphics faster and better than the XBOX 360, not to mention that by allowing the XBOX to play 14, they will run into instances with the PS2 now. Not enough room to play around in.

I don't know what magic things you think Blu-ray storage technology does to enhance audio and graphics: it enhances it simply by storing lots of data. The transfer rate is between 3-5 x faster than standard DVD, but to put it in perspective, still 20 x slower than a SATA II HD. There is no magic transformation of the data that "enhances" it; that's just marketters jargon for "this is better". Games shipped on Blu-ray have the advantage of being able to store more data on a single disc, and could stream HDTV pre-recorded videos straight from the disc....and that's it. Now, more data can equate to higher resolution models and textures IN THEORY....but generally not in practice, as the limitting factor is the delivery technology i.e. the rest of the console. Blu-ray drives are too slow to stream models and textures from, so all that data must be stored elsewhere, like in system RAM. Also, you may have noticed that MMO's like FFXI patch the heck out of the delivered data, so the game data needs to be largely stored on a writeable media before actually being played. So it's disengenuous to say "Blu ray yes your right, CAN hold more storage, but it was Build for Enhancing graphics, clarity and sound of movies", it seems to be saying that Blu-ray is a magical method of enhancing games NOT based on just "more storage"...when, in fact, that pretty much sums up Blu-ray: "more storage". It's not that "more storage" isn't important; it is, but in the end, it's THE REST of the delivery system that is going to dictate most of the differences you see in FFXIV content from one system to another. If SE ships FFXIV on multiple discs to XBox360 owners, once it's installed...it's down to the sytems what they can do with the data.

As a developer or especially as a publisher, I'd rather ship a massive game on Blu-ray; it's simple one-stop shopping for massive data storage, and cheap. That's why game companies love it.

I won't be playing FFXIV on XBox. I probably won't play it on PS3. Likely, I will play it on my laptop; it blows both of those consoles out of the water in terms of performance and screen resolution, and the keyboard is easier to deal with than a seperate one floating on my lap. I do like laying back in my lazy-boy recliner and playing on a large screen HDTV in my comfortable living room, but I've found FFXI easier to play on a laptop (with a nice game controller plugged in). I love my consoles, but MMO's I prefer to play on PC. You may feel differently, especially if you have a crappy PC. When evaluating the potential benefits of playing FFXIV on all platfoprms, Blu-ray never entered the equation; it has ZERO impact on how well the game will play on different systems...unless SE decides that they will strip content from the XBox version to ship it on fewer discs (unlikely, but not unheard of).

I'm not some huge expert on all this, but I have developed entertainment software for XBox, Playstation, and PC platforms, amongst others, and my day job is teaching this stuff to game developers. So....if you want to claim "Blu-ray is more than massive storage" in relation to game delivery, tell us what you do for a living please, don't quote marketting hype from the Blu-ray consortium website or Sony; I'm sure they say real nice things about how it slices and dices and makes great toast.

I am desperatley hoping they do ship FFXIV for Xbox, and preferably at the same time as the PS3 and PC versions (I'm not betting on THAT), becaase many of the friends I play FFXI with play on XBox, and at least one very close friend has stated she won't play FFXIV unless her XBox can run it. The release of FFXI on XBox breathed new life into FFXI, and got a huge number of new players online just as many folks were leaving the game. It would be nice to move those people over to FFXIV...well, if the game is really good, and the rest of us all move over there. The more, the merrier, and I want my friends to come play.