Xbox 360 Confirmed, and Preoder for PC/PS3 on Amazon
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-02-21 12:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Either way, more audience the better, stop fighting over which console is better and cheer for XIV over WoW. Geez were all on the same *** team -.-

*High Five*
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-21 13:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
It's been confirmed for awhile.

Either way, more audience the better, stop fighting over which console is better and cheer for XIV over WoW. Geez were all on the same *** team -.-

+1 True enough xD lol but fanboys don't wanna give it up which is silly if you ask me.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-21 13:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
seeing as how xbox live is alot better than psn i'll have to go with xbox ><

PSN is free, lolxbox costs money.

but it's not a huge surprise though since the xbox basically runs off the same Intel chipsets as most computers.

and why would someone want to pre-order a game with no release date? O_o

Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-02-21 13:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone says its confirmed for 360 but the FFXIV website still onlu says PS3 and pc. lol
 Bismarck.Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-21 13:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-02-21 13:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

guys http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ official site. PS3 and Windows PC. I don't see 360 anywhere on there. Stop spreading rumors until it is officially confirmed on the site please. Ty.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Araya
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Araya
By Midgardsormr.Araya 2010-02-21 13:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

am I reading this wrong or are you just dumb? because that doesn't confirm anything, I don't even see the 360 mentioned on that page.

and all you 360 people rejoicing I wouldn't be to excited, I bet ya 50gil the PS3 gets at least a 6month head start. And besides nothing has been confirmed it's all speculation at this point. (despite what the TS says....)

Edit: lame it didn't add the quote I quoted :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-21 13:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Araya said:
am I reading this wrong or are you just dumb? because that doesn't confirm anything, I don't even see the 360 mentioned on that page.

and all you 360 people rejoicing I wouldn't be to excited, I bet ya 50gil the PS3 gets at least a 6month head start. And besides nothing has been confirmed it's all speculation at this point. (despite what the TS says....)

Edit: lame it didn't add the quote I quoted :(

Lol and we'll be playing the better game if that's the case too xD just think of the new content/fixed bugs 360 users will come across when the game launches for our system son. In the meantime tho I'll be enjoying me some good ole FFXI
 Asura.Urarenge
Server: Asura
user: johnpc831
By Asura.Urarenge 2010-02-21 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:
YAY im gonan get on my PS3, just because the ps3 is high def blu ray and my pc isnt :x Id like to see how pretty ff14 will be on my high def 1080p tv rathe than a tiny computer monitor without blu ray :x

What in the world does blu-ray have to do with FFXIV? (Minus the possibility that SE does the opening pre-rendered sequence in HD)
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-02-21 13:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Urarenge said:
Carbuncle.Skitles said:
YAY im gonan get on my PS3, just because the ps3 is high def blu ray and my pc isnt :x Id like to see how pretty ff14 will be on my high def 1080p tv rathe than a tiny computer monitor without blu ray :x

What in the world does blu-ray have to do with FFXIV? (Minus the possibility that SE does the opening pre-rendered sequence in HD)

added graphical ability as well as the game only being on 1 disc, enhanced sound, etc.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2010-02-21 13:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
PSN is free, lolxbox costs money.

Just for the record, PSN is cheap to the consumer, expensive to the developers.

XBL is expensive to the consumers and cheap to the developers.

(that's why you don't see as much DLC on PSN as you do on XBL)
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-02-21 13:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

as much as i wanna believe this is gonna happen... these links don't look very credible ; ;
[+]
 Sylph.Tidos
Server: Sylph
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2010-02-21 14:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

meh i dont know how xbox will hold ff14 lol, it freezes with ff11 -.-

well gl all xbox users :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-21 14:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its ok guise, I'll be playing Halo Reach on my xbox while playing ffxiv on my laptop

this doesnt change xbox having better games at all
 Asura.Urarenge
user: johnpc831
By Asura.Urarenge 2010-02-21 15:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dubont said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Carbuncle.Skitles said:

added graphical ability as well as the game only being on 1 disc, enhanced sound, etc.

Only being 1 disk: Yes
Enhanced sound: Maybe
Graphical ability: No

Blu-ray is a data storage technology. It's not going to affect 3-D graphic capability.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-21 15:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
lolconsole

QFT

And for those that don't have a decent PC: You can probably build one (Or have one built) for the same price as a console, if not cheaper :O

Though, I guess with prices going down, it'd be a bit harder :p

Anywho, I don't think I'll be playing XIV unless I can manage to finance a powerful laptop. Sadly, I don't spend enough time at home to use my PC ; ;
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-02-21 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Urarenge for the win. Blu ray is simply a larger amoutn of space allowing the companies to store larger files with more quality on them.
The disc it self has nothign to do with that.
So im not sure how you think 1 blu ray disc makes the Ps3 version better then the PC version that could for 100 discs for all it matters, and still have the same, if not better graphics, due to the fact that you install all the data onto the PC.

The best console will never out perfrom the best PC. Its impossible.

BUT consoles come @ a cheaper price to play the same items, just with a hell of a lot less customization.

again, same bloody team you buncha red raggers!
 Ramuh.Zidan
By Ramuh.Zidan 2010-02-21 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

XBL is not that bad really, the freezing issue that everyone is bringing up is rare, for me at least like once or twice a month, and thats only in besieged or on rare occasions dynamis. As far as XBL costing money to play this game... it does not cost a cent, you pay for the gold version if you want the extra features or to be able to play other games, but not this one.

I prefer console cause its what I am use to, grew up with it and is the easiest for me. I do not have a PS3 but will play 14 on PC if i have to, but i feel like that a large enough portion of the ffxi population plays on xbox that it would be a mistake to not offer 14 on it sooner or later.
 Asura.Rocher
user: dklover
By Asura.Rocher 2010-02-21 16:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not wether or not SE will offer 14 up, it's wether Microsoft can put it's ego aside long enough to share networks for 14 with Sony. That has been the main hold-up the whole time, SE and Sony both have nothing to do with the delay...WTF would SE NOT want to make more money and deny a console the game, thats beyond stupid.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-02-21 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

True that Rocher. Its all Network conflicts.

To many different networks trying to run the same game. Its really ironic eh? That MS's own console cant flawlessly run with a PC game? haha
 Caitsith.Nonch
Server: Caitsith
user: Nonch
By Caitsith.Nonch 2010-02-21 17:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I <3 my 360, but I really notice how LOUD it is.

When I turn it off, it is like finally getting off an airplane. (you dun know how annoying it is until its not there anymore)

For this reason only, I will be going PS3.

(IF in fact there is a choice, which seems to be still unconfirmed)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-21 17:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Also, lolconsole

First Time I think I've agreed with you ^_^
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-21 18:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Watanabie said:
Pfft...it wasn't removed I just pre-ordered My PC FFXIV copy.

i mean the 360 pre-orders
 Carbuncle.Skitles
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aphy
By Carbuncle.Skitles 2010-02-21 18:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Urarenge said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Carbuncle.Skitles said:
Only being 1 disk: Yes Enhanced sound: Maybe Graphical ability: No Blu-ray is a data storage technology. It's not going to affect 3-D graphic capability.

Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format. The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. For more general information about Blu-ray, please see our What is Blu-ray? section.

Blu ray yes your right, CAN hold more storage, but it was Build for Enhancing graphics, clarity and sound of movies. If all it did was hold more storage, it would be a new PC disk, not a new entertainment system. This meaning the ps3 WILL play ffxiv with more clarity and sound and graphics faster and better than the XBOX 360, not to mention that by allowing the XBOX to play 14, they will run into instances with the PS2 now. Not enough room to play around in.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-02-21 21:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:
everything that he said

Bingo
 Shiva.Mevan
Server: Shiva
user: Mevan
By Shiva.Mevan 2010-02-21 21:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Carbuncle.Skitles said:
Only being 1 disk: Yes Enhanced sound: Maybe Graphical ability: No Blu-ray is a data storage technology. It's not going to affect 3-D graphic capability.

Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format. The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. For more general information about Blu-ray, please see our What is Blu-ray? section.

Blu ray yes your right, CAN hold more storage, but it was Build for Enhancing graphics, clarity and sound of movies. If all it did was hold more storage, it would be a new PC disk, not a new entertainment system. This meaning the ps3 WILL play ffxiv with more clarity and sound and graphics faster and better than the XBOX 360, not to mention that by allowing the XBOX to play 14, they will run into instances with the PS2 now. Not enough room to play around in.

If any of you think that Final Fantasy XIV will be running straight from the disk for whatever system it will come out for or you choose to use you're crazy. The game will be installed and the disc will only be used for verification like it is now for the Xbox 360.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-21 22:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow too much Sony fanboys

Im happy its coming to the 360 now all my bros can play with me when this comes out!

ps3, 360 and PC FTW

FYI, I dont see hardware limitation impacting the game like the ps2 did >.>

Anyways all consoles are hardware limitation to the pc so yall get gtfo D:
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-02-21 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Asura.Urarenge said:
Carbuncle.Skitles said:

Uh, ya Blu-Ray has a higher storage capacity, but that doesn't mean an audio file stored on it sounds better than the exact same file stored on a DVD. It depends entirely on the format of the audio file. The larger capacity lets them store higher resolution video and sound without having to compress it into a smaller format due to disk capacity however.

FFXIV will not be running off a Blu-Ray disk or a DVD or a HD-DVD or any sort of portable media... it's going to be STORED on a BD-Rom or DVD-Rom and then installed to a hard disk making absolutely no difference in quality. It's up to the strength of the consoles CPU, GPU, etc etc to make up the difference... not their storage media.

Just because my Hard Drive is 1.5TB doesn't mean I get to play Bad Company 2 with higher resolution textures than everyone else. If they sold it via Blu-Ray or DVD the ONLY difference would be that my installation from a Blu-Ray would require no disk swappign during installation (big whoop) where a DVD installation would, it's the same deal for the consoles at least in this case.
 Caitsith.Bogislav
user: bogislav
By Caitsith.Bogislav 2010-02-21 22:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
You will need atleast Xbox gold!!! I am buying it for the PS3!!!

Wow arn't you just the smart one.
 Caitsith.Bogislav
user: bogislav
By Caitsith.Bogislav 2010-02-21 22:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skitles said:

So what if your computer doesn't have blu-ray it's not going to make a difference in the way the game is installed other than disk swapping unless of course SE releases on a Blu-ray disc but I doubt that will happen. If you get yourself a decent video card and monitor there will not be any difference between the two.