SMN/SCH..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN/SCH..
SMN/SCH..
First Page 2
 Shiva.Dwyte
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-11-26 17:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

good? bad? was planning on lvling it to sub for smn, but was told that,i lose auto refresh with it. true? or should i not bother lvling the job?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2009-11-26 17:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

um... auto refresh is native to SMN and SCH is your best sub job option. It can do every WHM can and gives you sublimation and drain/aspir.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-26 17:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you even played SMN? This isn't a question a 75 SMN should be asking.

No, you do not lose Auto Refresh, in fact, you gain an extra 2 MP/tic Refresh through Sublimation, as well as a 10% Fast Cast bonus and casting time decrease. You also get access to a perfectly suitable Sleep spell, and Drain and Aspir, as well as quite a few other spells to put to use SMN's high INT and MND.

At this point in time, no SMN should ever use anything other than SCH, unless you cannot avoid being hit, because that's really all you lose. Stoneskin/Blink.
[+]
 Remora.Thiefninja
Server: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-11-26 17:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

someone probably told him that you lose auto-refresh when using sublimation.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-26 17:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He may have been told Auto Regen, but mistook it to mean Auto Refresh. That's my guess.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-26 18:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Have you even played SMN? This isn't a question a 75 SMN should be asking.

Lol, I love how you're always so needlessly patronising.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-26 18:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying "Go quit SMN you failure."

I'm saying, if you got a job trait at LV25, you should know it by 75.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-26 18:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dwyte said:
good? bad? was planning on lvling it to sub for smn, but was told that,i lose auto refresh with it. true? or should i not bother lvling the job?

Good. Very good. You do NOT lose auto-refresh.

/sch trumps /whm in almost all cases, and the only cases /whm is better is when you have a rdm that WILL refresh you 24/7, or when you NEED SS/blink.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-26 18:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch is worth having.

I still mainly go smn/whm though...my smn doesnt do much, when it does get used I kinda like having erase (like at odin) or self stoneskin (when I solo harder mobs) and tele spells (cause now there are those books near the krags and I can warp home!)

sublimation is really cool, it just depends on what you're doing. Im sure most rdms wouldnt mind not refreshing you if you'd prefer to use sub. instead.
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-11-26 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, just cause someone doesnt know something as simple as it may be to you don't mean you can cut on em ~_^

Moving on I'm positive someone meant to say "You cant be refreshed. Thus the whole refresh crap with Sublimation.

/SCH pwns, end of topic >_>

~1 more thing, /sch is not for soloing! (Assuming we're talkin about 75 solo).
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-26 18:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really know why you'd think you'd lose a job trait of your main by activating an ability from your sub but anyways... Sublim just doesn't stack with the refresh spell, it stacks with all others ballad, evokers etc.

I really only use /SCH for campaign, spirit taker + sublim + sigil, is great mp wise. Or for things where I don't care if the mob beats up on my a lil, anything that hits hard you don't want to be /SCH unless you wish to waste your BP and mp spamming E.Ward...
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-11-26 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i know its a job triat, i was told that it gets cancled out, and i was confused because of the simple fact, until recently i never really played smn after getting it to 75, took a while so took a breadk. i was told auto refresh gets canceld out w/ sublimation up or somethin, i know hardly anything about sch, which is why i was asking

i see how my op coulda been a bit confusing, i was talking about how you suposedly lose auto refresh w/ sublimation up
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-11-26 18:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not saying "Go quit SMN you failure." I'm saying, if you got a job trait at LV25, you should know it by 75.

Lol you're pretty stupid. He was asking if he should level SCH for a sub job, so maybe...(I'll take it slow for you) He... Has... Not... Played... SCH... Yet... So how could he know a lv25 job trait on 75SCH, if he hasn't played it yet?
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-11-26 18:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not saying "Go quit SMN you failure." I'm saying, if you got a job trait at LV25, you should know it by 75.
Lol you're pretty stupid. He was asking if he should level SCH for a sub job, so maybe...(I'll take it slow for you) He... Has... Not... Played... SCH... Yet... So how could he know a lv25 job trait on 75SCH, if he hasn't played it yet?

im 75 smn, 0 sch, i know i have auto refresh JT ; ;
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-11-26 18:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote] im 75 smn, 0 sch, i know i have auto refresh JT ; ;[/quote]

I wasn't talking to you XD I was talking to Enternius.
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-11-26 19:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oh haha, anyways all i was woundering is if i lose auto refresh when sublimation is up, i simply dont know much about sch cept it aoe spells lol
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-11-26 19:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Um, the lv25 job trait is smn not sch and he's 75smn >.>
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-26 19:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps Bulleta mistyped and meant the lv.35 job trait of Sublimation of SCH, a job the OP has never leveled?
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-27 09:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With enough perp- gear, some instances of having /whm is just the same as /sch.

Speaking of a NM soloing SMN of course.

I for one love having /SCH as SMN, start out with Sublimation, have it full before I fight anything hard, and start doing my thing.

No stoneskin or blink? That is fixed. Hi2u Earthen Ward and Aerial Armor. I know they are 1 minute or less BPs, and when a SMN solos s/he doesn't have time to put them on....but when a SMN solos, if they are getting hit, they are doing it wrong.

Only real time a SMN/WHM > SMN/SCH is if you have to travel alot (missions/quests) or need that "escape" out of a tight situation (if you know you will not win the fight, but have enough time to run away and cast Teleport-GTFO).

Otherwise, go /SCH.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-27 09:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both and used both. My preference is still to sub /whm, but that's me.
It's nice to have both, but I'd prefer to have stoneskin and blink ready when I want them then not.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-27 09:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you.

Some deaths I suffered as /SCH, if only if I had Aquaveil, Stoneskin, and maybe Blink, I would have survived.

And some deaths I suffered as /WHM, if only if I had sublimation up, I would have survived.

I personally believe that each death you take brings you closer to understanding your job.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-27 09:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also lacking the ACP perp-2, af-1 feet, and nashira hands. So, I have to rest a bit more often. That being the case I don't find as much use for /sch.
I also don't solo hard stuff on my smn, so it usually isn't any issue. I love smn, but it only gets brought out for uninvited guests/fire in the sky each week. I don't have as much use for it, sadly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-27 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ren.Enternius said:
At this point in time, no SMN should ever use anything other than SCH, unless you cannot avoid being hit, because that's really all you lose. Stoneskin/Blink.
I find this extremely funny coming from someone who says blm/sch and sch/blm are useless because there is always a chance you will get hit...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-27 10:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Earthen Ward right after you use Sublimation.

That "should" last you the entire Sublimation. Unless you are a Galka.

Then God help us all, another Galka SMN....
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2009-11-27 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On any mobs with mp Smn/Sch is king. Farming for a coffer key in Toraimarai Coffer on beetles you can fight with Garuda out without ever stopping. 30Sec Aspir, Sublimation, Spirit Taker over and over = just awesome and that was before the extra -2 prep from avatar favor.

/whm is still nice with erase, ss and blink at your disposal plus some people just like sticking to what works
but
/sch is definetly a great sub to have.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's not directly related to OP, but for stuff like farming coffer keys, I like to use SMN/THF. Obvious TH bonus, but you can also SA Spirit Taker for +300~ MP and perpetuate avatars practically indefinitely.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-11-27 17:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1 point i don't think been addressed is smn/sch is even better if you trying to do the latent on a conjerer's ring for the -1 perp cost. cus with /whm you have that pesky auto regen messing up latent.

since they give /sch the reraise ability that no longer a issue, so smn/sch is the best sub.

smn/sch can solo just has good as /whm. with sublimiation to keep your mp up & avatar favour to keep mp cost down, can go forever.

ps. in campaign battle for fun i do smn/dnc with aspir drain & spirit taker mp never a issue, I also knew a smn/sam once, not good for end game but great for fun stuff (don't knock it till you try it).
A game is about having fun go out test new stuff you'll be suprised of what combos can work.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-27 17:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt see anyone mention erase..
for the majority of things a smn will do eg wise, /sch will usually be a fine/best way to go. there are still definitely some cases where /whm is the eg mage subjob of choice though.
einherjar and dynamis are good examples imo. sometimes JUST erase and lynas are definitely enough to be making blms, smns, rdms, ***even drgs, sub whm.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-27 17:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
didnt see anyone mention erase.. for the majority of things a smn will do eg wise, /sch will usually be a fine/best way to go. there are still definitely some cases where /whm is the eg mage subjob of choice though. einherjar and dynamis are good examples imo. sometimes JUST erase and lynas are definitely enough to be making blms, smns, rdms, ***even drgs, sub whm.
Spring Water.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-27 18:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
didnt see anyone mention erase.. for the majority of things a smn will do eg wise, /sch will usually be a fine/best way to go. there are still definitely some cases where /whm is the eg mage subjob of choice though. einherjar and dynamis are good examples imo. sometimes JUST erase and lynas are definitely enough to be making blms, smns, rdms, ***even drgs, sub whm.
Spring Water.

very effective bloodpact sometimes, yes. sometimes its still necessary to have erase SPELL though, and sometimes a lot of it, as i said. depending on how many people/what jobs people had to come to certain events... if someone leading the show told you to come smn/whm for erase/lynas, and you told them "why, we have spring water, which is 100~ mp and at best only able to be used every 45 secs", they should just bench you for said event and tough it out just a little bit harder imo.

edit: your an officer and help lead the show i forgot. you know what your doing >.>, my bad.
First Page 2