Carbuncle Perp Increase.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Carbuncle Perp Increase.
Carbuncle Perp Increase.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Carbuncle.Kyri said:
im so happy for this update^^
Me too. =)

SPEAK FOR YOURSELVES

Now AV can't be deaded. ; -;

But seriously, I love all the new SMN stuff, kinda hoping maybe I'll get to go SMN more often. Also looking forward to the Lullaby +2 horn if the stupid NM ever pops, etc.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 15:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there are a lot of nice features to this update. I never fight AV anyway. >.> Kinda sucks that horn is rare/ex... I love me some FoV augmenting. lol
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 15:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, there are a lot of nice features to this update. I never fight AV anyway. >.> Kinda sucks that horn is rare/ex... I love me some FoV augmenting. lol

I'm just especially bummed because my LS was going to try the SCH thing, etc. ._. I'm sad the Horn's rare/ex too, but I guess if a ton of people were camping it to sell that'd kinda suck. :<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 15:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

I'm just especially bummed because my LS was going to try the SCH thing, etc. ._. I'm sad the Horn's rare/ex too, but I guess if a ton of people were camping it to sell that'd kinda suck. :<
*Nods.* I can see your point there. But, hey... At least we got a TON of new gear from NM's and crafting/synergy to keep people occupied. So, it should spread people camping out a bit. =)
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 15:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* I can see your point there. But, hey... At least we got a TON of new gear from NM's and crafting/synergy to keep people occupied. So, it should spread people camping out a bit. =)

That's sooo true. I want a lot of things too. Currently friend's continuing the Lullaby+2 horn search (we were up all night D:). It's especially sucky because no one knows what the placeholders are. There wasn't anyone there, so it's not overcamped just UGH.... (what was my point againg? <_<;)

Annyway, off the top of my head I'm interest in that, DNC!Heca, and the SMN belt (Q_Q STUPID 4/tic). New things make me angry and frustrated, but it's actually kinda fun and exciting. D:
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 15:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

That's sooo true. I want a lot of things too. Currently friend's continuing the Lullaby 2 horn search (we were up all night D:). It's especially sucky because no one knows what the placeholders are. There wasn't anyone there, so it's not overcamped just UGH.... (what was my point againg? <_<;)

Annyway, off the top of my head I'm interest in that, DNC!Heca, and the SMN belt (Q_Q STUPID 4/tic). New things make me angry and frustrated, but it's actually kinda fun and exciting. D:
XD You remind me of a friend of mine on Fairy. lol /comfort Good luck with the NM. =)
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
XD You remind me of a friend of mine on Fairy. lol /comfort Good luck with the NM. =)

D: I'm going to take that as *good* because you said *friend*~ :3 Anyway thank you @__@; Not sure why I'm going so insane over the horn, but I want it, darnit! D:< Thanks for the luck! I will spawn it (sometime) and I will find out what does and how! D:<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 16:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
D: I'm going to take that as *good* because you said *friend*~ :3 Anyway thank you @__@; Not sure why I'm going so insane over the horn, but I want it, darnit! D:< Thanks for the luck! I will spawn it (sometime) and I will find out what does and how! D:<
*Cheers you on!* I'll probably be helping her with the horn as well. XD Sooo... If you wanna post any info you find about it or PM it to me... ^.~ ^.~ lol
And yes, it's a *good*. =D She's a great person and friend. =)
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 16:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ Well I feel better! Ahaha. Once I find more information I'll let you know. (Maybe give you juicy exact details! :3) All I know so far is people have killed random hippogryphs and it's popped, or that they walked there and it was already popped. :x
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 16:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ixnay on hetay etailsday.... >.> Shuuush! lol :P Hope ya get it / find more details soon. =)
 Ragnarok.Darksage
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Darksage 2009-11-10 16:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

1. i think that with new -1 cost and yy robe carby should have a +2 MP while out if i was getting 1mp before update...

2. having diabolos out for 1 or 2mp per tick isnt so bad for a blm party in namis or something where you can give refresh(havnt been on so dont know if it stacks with other kinds or what) and magic atk/defense bonus.
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-11-10 16:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
BTW: Unless I'm mistaken, but Auto-Refresh from trait procs BEFORE perp costs are taken in consideration. Auto-Refresh from gear procs AFTER perp costs are taken into consideration. So, you can never have a 1 carby from gear outside of YYR alone, unless you use Vermy (but who would use that anyway?). Avatar's Favor won't lower it past 0. BUT You can still get free Garuda, Fenrir, Diabolos (from Refresh) and Carby all with the right gear :D

I had a free Diablos + 1 tic of MP. Not sure if my gear had something to do with it, I do not have YY or Vermy. I did not have sanction refresh either.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-10 17:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jamesglogan said:
Asura.Korpg said:
BTW: Unless I'm mistaken, but Auto-Refresh from trait procs BEFORE perp costs are taken in consideration. Auto-Refresh from gear procs AFTER perp costs are taken into consideration. So, you can never have a 1 carby from gear outside of YYR alone, unless you use Vermy (but who would use that anyway?). Avatar's Favor won't lower it past 0. BUT You can still get free Garuda, Fenrir, Diabolos (from Refresh) and Carby all with the right gear :D
I had a free Diablos 1 tic of MP. Not sure if my gear had something to do with it, I do not have YY or Vermy. I did not have sanction refresh either.

Ragnarok.Darksage said:
1. i think that with new -1 cost and yy robe carby should have a 2 MP while out if i was getting 1mp before update... 2. having diabolos out for 1 or 2mp per tick isnt so bad for a blm party in namis or something where you can give refresh(havnt been on so dont know if it stacks with other kinds or what) and magic atk/defense bonus.

Auto-Refresh from Job Abilities proc BEFORE perp costs.

Refresh from everthing else procs AFTER perp costs.

Thats why you won't get a +1 carby without having refresh on something.

Diabolo's Favor gives up to +3 refresh, which means if you can get him down to -4 perp before Diabolo's Favor, then you can get +1 Diabolos (-2 from the JA, and +3 from the Refresh).
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-13 10:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if this got fixed?
:x Wondering if I should bother with Carby Mitts now.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 10:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Does anyone know if this got fixed? :x Wondering if I should bother with Carby Mitts now.
Last maint should have fixed it, SE said they were fixing it.

I don't use Carby Mitts anymore because I can get free carby BEFORE the update.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-13 10:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Does anyone know if this got fixed?
:x Wondering if I should bother with Carby Mitts now.

Yes, it did. Tuesday, I believe.
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-13 10:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

>:) Nice! Back to SMN I think!
By Mikumaru 2009-11-13 11:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The over all census is good for Avatar's Favor . It is situational tho IMHO . While the -2 Perp is extremely nice and very very useful ,0 Perp cost with Day and weather from Relic Body and Head meaning adding a SCH for some storm effect would be gangster , but it comes as a Cost . It reduces Attack , both physical and magical by a staggering 30-50% depending on the attack in question .

I play on PS2 so i cant parse but i can watch the chat log and here wat i saw on EP-DC mobs in Cape terrigan as well as an outting with my LS in Sea farming Ix'DRG:

W/o Favor :

Carby Normal melee on EP-DC was 70-100 , Meteorite was doin its normal 400-550 with approx 100%TP . Poison Nails 200-300
Garuda Normal Melee was 90-120 , Predator Claws was doin 1k+ easy . Wind Blade Lv2 with approx. 100%TP doin 600-800 (varies by mob family ).

W/ Favor up :

Carby Normal Melee was 50-80 . Poison Nails was 180-220 . Meteorite 100%TP approx . ~300
Garuda Normal Melee 70-95 . Predator CLaws was doin 400-600 but usually didnt break 500 . Wind Blade Lv2 100%TP ~500 , but stayed in the 350-400 range .

In Sea on the VT-IT Aerns Garuda was Hitting for around 30-50 with Predator claws doin an abysmal 300-450 (yikes!!!) with Favor up compared to unknown Normal melee but Claws was easily Breakin 1k with an avg of around 950-1100 .

i had Diabolos out briefly to play with refreshing and DDing , with Favor up Netherblast was doin 460 or so , nothing to compare to so this is kinda useless info , but i was able to Refresh the BLMs and connect Netherblast , so thats cool right ?

I am not the most pimp SMN so to heres my merits and Gears in DMg set up when said BPs go off :

Garuda ; Karura Head , SMN Body , SMN Hands , AF Legs , SMN Feet , SMn Torque , SMn Earring , Insomnia Earring , HQ Staves , Evo Ring , Tamas ring , Hierarch Belt , Raptor+ strap , Astute Cape

Carby ; Walhara Head , YYR , Carby Mitts (uh duh?) , SMN Legs . everything else is the same .

Merits ; SumMag +3 (6 skill points) , Avatar Phys Atk +3 , Avatar Phys ACC +3 , Avatar MagAtk +2 , Avatar MaCC +2 , Wind Blade Lv2 .

i am sure you guys can figure this out but SumMag in gearz , non carby , is @ 320 , except on Garuda wich is 315 (no horn = no +5)

Over all i am impressed with Favor . It adds yet another facet for us SMN to own on , Giving the community yet another reason to hate us . And to all those Hating on AFB , they are just jealous thier jobs cant do that . its not our fault AFBPs dont have the same modifiers as -Aga Magic requiring 6+ BLMs to the job of ~3 SMN . i didnt hear anyone complain about it in Dynamis (Boom time wooooot!!!!!) . its not our fault ppl found a way to direct it twards gain 30k+ in 3 minutes every 2 hours .
So now we can : Deal good Phys DMG every 43-60 seconds , deal Decent Magic DMG every 43-60 seconds , Support the PT with Enhancing Magics , Healing Magic , and Avatar's Favor Bonuses . I think having a SMN and SCH in every BLM PT would be 6 man Ownage . anyone else agree ?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 19:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Victoire said:
Yes, the Carbuncle's mitts aren't affecting the perp cost at all.

This.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-05 19:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Fairy.Victoire said:
Yes, the Carbuncle's mitts aren't affecting the perp cost at all.

This.

There's nothing wrong with carby mitts right now. <_<
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-05 19:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carby mitts were broken right after that one update that gave us favor, but it's been fixed for a long time now.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-05 20:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting in a necro bump thread.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 20:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw it on the Recent Topics list, IDK why because apparently im the one that Necro Bumped. My apologies ^^