Carbuncle Perp Increase.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Carbuncle Perp Increase.
Carbuncle Perp Increase.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-09 15:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Noob has been topicbanned. Continue on the discussion, sorry for the inconvenience.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-09 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

*Cheers Aly on!* lol
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-09 15:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Linkie says re-logging and downloading update again fixes bug, can anyone confirm? (I didn't think there would be multiple versions of an update aside from Emergency fixes, so not sure what she means)
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-09 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dwyte said:
anyone test the diab refresh out? i have fey -3, bum jacket, evok ring, so -5 prep, and with auto refresh sanction i can get diab down to 1mp/tick :-o

O.o nice

Hades.Rictor said:
Back on topic, a few linkies are reporting refresh with carby out (more than normal), so definitely a glitch

THAT would be sexy :D
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-11-09 15:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

they broke carby mitts ; ;!!!
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-09 15:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How do we go about reporting this? Through the in game Help Desk menu system?
 Kujata.Panjabi
Server: Kujata
user: Panjabi
By Kujata.Panjabi 2009-11-09 15:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

im using all availbale -perp cost (except smn mythic, and no weather/day bonus) and with increasing refresh rate on diabolos favor, i get a free diabolos in the end (after about 1min). without diabolos favor, i got -5 on start.

and i get a +1 carby when i use nashira hands instead of carby mitts and carby favor on.

so the carby mitts and regarding perpetuation is definitly broken. but who expects new abilites to be implemented w/o errors =).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-11-09 15:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

they wiill know soon

titan took my def from 229 to 286 not sure what level protect that be

diabolos down to 2 mp tick with latent ring and 2 limbus peices should have +1 refresh
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-11-09 15:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex said:
LOL, meh, *** lolSMNs w/ their lolSMN burning pts. Bunch of lazy nubs. "Oh, not me...I'm just meriting"...just *** save it. You're nubs, you know you're nubs, it's fine, just don't go prancing around acting like you are some badass w/ how ever many 75s you have. You're ePeen means nothing when I'm *** you're gf iRL bc ur too busy lolSMN burning. lol, i know that not all SMNs do this, but its getting *** ridiculous. So to those that solo/pt their SMNs, I tip my hat to you. The rest of the SMNs and CORs out there helping ppl be even more garbo than they are now...*** shame on you! deuce deuce, Noobozaurusrex (only been playing a few months, and raping w/o SMN burns)

Clearly upset that he never gets invited to the burns. Tisk tisk tisk, and such vulgar language. Difficult to believe you are an adult, let alone that your balls have decended correctly.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-09 15:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Panjabi said:
im using all availbale -perp cost (except smn mythic, and no weather/day bonus) and with increasing refresh rate on diabolos favor, i get a free diabolos in the end (after about 1min). without diabolos favor, i got -5 on start.

and i get a 1 carby when i use nashira hands instead of carby mitts and carby favor on.

so the carby mitts and regarding perpetuation is definitly broken. but who expects new abilites to be implemented w/o errors =).

Thanks for your research Panjabi.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-09 16:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried with Carbuncle Mitts and I didn't notice an increase in Refresh. Only level 26 though, if that has something to do with it (probably).
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2009-11-09 16:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Can confirm what a lot of people are already saying
Apollo's Staff/Yinyang/Carby Mitts/Evoker's Ring/Evoker Pigaches+1 and MP Cost was 2 MP/tick without Favor. Tested it without Carbuncle Mitts, was still 2 MP/tick, Nashira raised it to -1 MP/tick. With Favor up, cost was 0, but as a lot of people already said, +1 MP/tick from Carby no more for now =( Hope they fix it. On the other hand though, the -2 Cost from Avatar's Favor is nice for Garuda and Fenrir, yay cheaper them, and 0 MP Cost Diabolos ftw! Probably gonna solo GKs on SMN later :D
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-09 16:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Free Carby still without mitts

Avatar's Favor is about 15 feet surrounding the avatar

It builds quickly.
 Ramuh.Conners
Server: Ramuh
user: C0nner
By Ramuh.Conners 2009-11-09 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to fix the glitch this sucks carby is costing me 4mp a damn tic wth SE.....................

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2009-11-09 17:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They always said that the rats are the first ones to go.
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-11-09 18:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they fix this really soon i hate carby costing me makes so many things a bigger pain >.>
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 11:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Could this emergency maintenance be the fix?

Nov. 10, 2009 02:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Nov. 10)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 10, 2009 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use these services.

* Players who are scheduled to participate in various in-game activities including Dynamis and Salvage, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 11:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-10 12:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:

More like 9' actually:P
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What ever it is, it's pretty close. I was in an LS assault event last night and even during PT movement, the other mages were sometimes out of range from Diabolos' Favor.
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-11-10 12:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested it last night this is my Gear Setup
Evokers Ring: -1
Evokers Pigaches +1: -1
Nash Gages: -1
Royal Redingote: -2
Fay Cozier: -3

With Diablos out after I waited 2-3 min with Favor up he was giving me 1 tic a second.

With Fenny out he was free.

Rest cost me -2

Day of the week windday Grauda out with Evokers Robe cost me -1

Oh I also tested more than one SMN in the party, if they have a differnt aftar the favor's keep adding to the party. Same one it doesn't stack. And you can't be too far from the avatar. I cant windower in xbox but I would guess about 20 feet away from your avatar before his favor is not there.

All in all happy with this update.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-11-10 12:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I really the only one who thinks it's kinda lame that the refreshga effect that Diabolos gives is only there while he's out? I mean he's not the greatest avatar to attack with, who wants to keep him out all the time *just* so the party that's in close proximity gets refreshga?

Same goes for the other avatars really... I mean I like the defense bonus that Titan's favor gives, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wanna attack with him. I'm just a little disappointed that the favor is only in effect while the avatar is out, I guess. *shrug*
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Mykoto said:
Am I really the only one who thinks it's kinda lame that the refreshga effect that Diabolos gives is only there while he's out? I mean he's not the greatest avatar to attack with, who wants to keep him out all the time *just* so the party that's in close proximity gets refreshga?

Same goes for the other avatars really... I mean I like the defense bonus that Titan's favor gives, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wanna attack with him. I'm just a little disappointed that the favor is only in effect while the avatar is out, I guess. *shrug*

*shrug* honestly... all of this is better than nothing. Think about how far smn has come from a substitute whm with only up to cure III. I think the job has come a long way to becoming a more individualized class that we all have wanted from the very beginning.

SMN was my first level 75 job way back when, before the level 70 pacts existed, and before Fenrir was introduced into the game. I am just thankful for the continued updates and adjustments.

[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ellise said:
*shrug* honestly... all of this is better than nothing. Think about how far smn has come from a substitute whm with only up to cure III. I think the job has come a long way to becoming a more individualized class that we all have wanted from the very beginning.

SMN was my first level 75 job way back when, before the level 70 pacts existed, and before Fenrir was introduced into the game. I am just thankful for the continued updates and adjustments.
*Nods in agreement.* Sure, Summoner isn't perfect or as wanted as some jobs in a party.... But, anything is better than nothing. =) Perp cost -2 is awesome even if you don't leave the avatar full-time, it gives nice boosts for certain periods and I see it as a good thing.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2009-11-10 13:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Like to drop this in here. Carby Mitts are now fixored ^^ Happy time goes!
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that! I am going to move our Summoning Skill discussion here instead (from the complains thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5862&page=3#289561 )

So to get the last 21 points... I could just swap out my summoner's horn for my evoker's horn for +5 more points... that would leave 16 more... I guess merits are the only way to go at this point. But giving up my capped Elemental and Enfeeble would be difficult.

Maybe SE will allow more points for each merit category someday. :)

Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:
Like to drop this in here. Carby Mitts are now fixored ^^ Happy time goes!

Yay! Can't wait to leave the office lol. :)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 13:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. You can hit 317 w/o merits, but you have to sacrifice a perp piece.

You'll need capped skill (269) and 48 more skill.
+12 Summoner's Bracers +1 (36 left)
+10 for Evoker's Ring (26 left)
+7 for Summoning Torque (19 left)
+5 for Astute Cape (14 left)
+5 for Marduk/Oracle legs (9 left)
+5 for Bahamut's Staff (4 left)

And then if you're not with a Sch or in Dynamis / another area with pretty constant weather, you can sub in the Elite Beret +1 / Evoker's Horn +1 / Marduk's for one of the 5's as well.

or as a sub for one of the 5's:
+3 for Summoning Earring
+2 for Summoning Belt (new with update)