What Happened Casual PT Shouts..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » What happened casual PT shouts..
What happened casual PT shouts..
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By publix 2023-09-22 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It leaves me disheartened to see how people here shut down the hopeful, or otherwise passionate desires by many members of the community here to keep XI alive and feeling fresh in any way possible.

a good chunk of this post has been "won't happen, too bad, too late, just focus on what you have."

Though SE is at fault for a great many things with XI, XIV, DQ, FF16, crypto etc, we should still strive to be heard, and that we want the $25+ we are paying monthly for our endgame accounts to mean something.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-22 17:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta be realistic. You can't want something and then proceed to do absolutely nothing to get it.

Just making themselves (more) depressed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-22 17:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize that I'm coming across as the negative nancy here for trying to squelch everyone's pie-in-the-sky ideas of what they'd like to see FFXI become, but that's not my intention. I just try to contextualize these ideas in the climate we live in and I see a lot of problems.

I think there are a lot of challenges with developing new content for a game like this, and I don't think the people spitballing ideas think about the consequences of what they're asking, or think about the level of effort involved. People often throw out things like "there's lots of content in this game, why don't they just make ilvl 119 versions of Salvage, Assaults, Limbus, Legion, etc." as if you just move up a slider on the level of mobs and content comes out.

I think the same thing applies to groupfinder or making party content into alliance content. These changes would come with a massive toll, and players will optimize the ***out of whatever you implement. It's a real problem in modern gaming, especially online gaming, and I don't think players give enough credit to the incredibly difficult balancing act involved.

It's not to throw stones at these ideas specifically, but just to highlight how even minor changes can, in my opinion, have a negative impact where you wouldn't necessarily think. In the end it's just my opinion, but that's how I feel and I'm kind of outspoken and opinionated. We've all got flaws, boys!
By publix 2023-09-22 17:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gotta be realistic. You can't want something and then proceed to do absolutely nothing to get it.

SE, specifically Naoki Yoshida has been severely hurting SE's MMO CBUIII with these 8-12 month in between patches for FFXIV, and now by having Fujito running FFXI.

I am also aware they do not care for the opinions of the NA population, and a majority of the Stage 4 Sortie changes occurred due to equally vocal JP members on Odin.

However, consumers need to speak with their wallets. I'd rather see the end of XI, than see a company think they can Stockholm syndrome their consumers with below basic services.

Will we ever see these changes we aspire for? Likely not, no. However, we should never feel or be pressured or told to hinder our desire to be vocal as consumers about the lack of customer service by a company we are paying each month.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-22 17:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How good is chat gpts japanese?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-22 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

publix said: »
However, consumers need to speak with their wallets. I'd rather see the end of XI, than see a company think they can Stockholm syndrome their consumers with below basic services.

I say this literally every day. But the fact is, square can. And they know it.

Not only do the players accept subpar service and support, they actively ask to be treated worse.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-22 17:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"You're not gonna get any change until your message is sent to SE's wallet"

-Guy who gives SE significantly more money monthly than every active FFXIAH poster combined
By Shichishito 2023-09-22 18:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading narratives along the lines of "RMT are so essential to FFXI, getting rid of them would lead to collapse". If RMT have so much leverage why don't they threaten with strike on the OF?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-22 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause money. Not going to stop making money for you cause you won't stand up for yourself.

You may like punishing yourself but I'm not going to. Sentiment is probably going to be the same from anyone else.

Your playing is punishing yourself, my stopping making money would punish myself. Diametrically opposed positions.
By drakefs 2023-09-22 18:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
How good is chat gpts japanese?

With enough context, I have found it surprisingly good. I do not know how to read or speak Japanese so I am not sure on its accuracy.

I remember reading narratives along the lines of "RMT are so essential to FFXI, getting rid of them would lead to collapse"

I have never seen anyone claim that and are you sure they where not trolling?
By mhomho 2023-09-22 18:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

>What happened to pick up groups?
Pugs is dead and you bishes killed it.
Making a new account this late into the game is incredibly daunting. If you aren't willing to be some schmuck's bish you aren't going to get anywhere. If you show up decked out, they assume you cheated and don't want to risk getting banned to play with you.
Chronically the problem is not enough people want to or enjoy playing the support type jobs. That's why people made dual boxes. Like Abyssea days? Nin/war and Brd/blm to cover all of your procs. There are still many aspects of the game like that, but if you go that route people will not want to play with you. Again, they'll accuse you of cheating.
>Oh you just spent the past year grinding up solo on some dead server like Phoenix? Must've been RMT.
The problem isn't the content. It's the facade of exclusivity of the upper eschelons of the playerbase. The people that think they're better than you. Then they wonder why they have a hard time recruiting new players or why members would get what they want and just leave.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-22 18:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What Eiryl thinks will happen if 20% or more of the FFXI playerbase cancels their accounts in protest:
SE brings FFXI out of maintenance mode, dev's are brought back in and new content is made.

What will really happen if 20% or more of the FFXI playerbase cancels their accounts in protest, either one of:
A-SE shuts down more servers to account for the smaller playerbase
B-Pulls the plug on FFXI.
C-Nothing since that protest is from the NA side and SE doesnt give a *** about the NA players and their feels.

Rallying the JP playerbase to vocalize wanting any kind of change for the current content would have infinitely (yes, infinite) greater impact than NA canceling their accounts in protest.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-09-22 19:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

a good chunk of this post has been "won't happen, too bad, too late, just focus on what you have."

"Maintenance mode" and "development team moved to other projects" means just that. Be realistic in what can possibly happen or just setting yourself up for disappointment.

QoL minor changes, some new avenues to get certain items, that's about all that can happen.

Maybe primes will make v25s easier, but I doubt it will make a huge difference.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-22 20:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
they don't care about NA complains only JP ones.
Money doesn't know language barriers.

mhomho said: »
Again, they'll accuse you of cheating.
Most of the "upper eschelons" will more likely look down on you for not cheating enough.

drakefs said: »
I have never seen anyone claim that
I suppose Eiryls post answeres your question?

Cause money. Not going to stop making money for you cause you won't stand up for yourself.

You may like punishing yourself but I'm not going to. Sentiment is probably going to be the same from anyone else.

Your playing is punishing yourself, my stopping making money would punish myself. Diametrically opposed positions.
First of if the guys around here really are the big boy RMTs like they portrait themselves then you can't tell me you don't have a comfortable pillow of Gil that will keep you afloat for a couple of months.
Second the threat is just testing the waters to see how SE reacts and who's with you for more leverage. Once you know more you can still weight your options, you lose nothing at the point of threatening.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-22 20:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

But they literally put the game on maintenance mode. What makes you think people quitting in protest will lead to SE investing more money in FFXI vs shutting things down?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-22 20:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT and Bots certainly carry a not-insignificant number of subs.

But you're never going to get (any) of them to even threaten their income. There's nothing to be gained.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-22 20:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
they don't care about NA complains only JP ones.
Money doesn't know language barriers.
Yeah but this isn't the cash cow anymore. They 100% only care about JPs opinions, they always have. This isn't a shocking assertation to anyone who has played for a while.

Just because the JP wants something doesn't mean they get it. Everyone else, on the other hand, is ignored regardless of what they say.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-22 20:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Well cor and geo didnt exist. As they added buffers they became permanent dd replacements.

SE could fix that, by giving every other DD job a single, party-wide, 4-5 minute buff (or debuff).

what drives me batshit is so few seem to realize that SE did the opposite of this- they made the supports capable DDs instead of giving DDs marginal buffs.

A high end COR or BRD can easily out-dps an average DD in almost any content, plus they bring buffs that benefit all. Hell, I even go GEO/DNC to dyna-d these days just to have more to do than stand and drop bubbles. I know I'm DD'ing on my BRD, COR, RDM, GEO and even BLM at times in Odyssey: Gaol fights.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-22 20:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything the buffers really need more deeps and less support ability.

Not COR, it's basically perfect if you consider how much money it takes to git gud.

But if they did that then semi supports like BST, DNC, BLU, and SMN could get an occasional party invite without it being a niche setup for a specific fight or content.
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-22 21:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the ship to cull how overpowered supports are sailed a long time ago
By Seun 2023-09-22 21:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimaetus said: »

Well technically, anything that can equip Naegling is a DD.
[+]
By publix 2023-09-23 00:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

-Guy who gives SE significantly more money monthly than every active FFXIAH poster combined

You know hitting me with personal, direct attacks impacts me in no way, nor does it hinder my premise. I'm sorry this is the only way you know how to express yourself.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-23 00:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-23 03:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

You know hitting me with personal, direct attacks impacts me in no way, nor does it hinder my premise. I'm sorry this is the only way you know how to express yourself.

He thinks he's talking to me, but he knows hes blocked. Desperately seeking attention. Daddy issues, so sad.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-23 07:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimaetus said: »

yup, no boat to new expansions. That is certainly true.

I guess they could buff the support abilities of others like it was mentioned but that does feel like watering down the game. I think if I was going a direction it would be a number crunch instead of an inflation. And all you have to do is give every new mob some level of DT and expect us to use PDL to overcome it. SCH and BLM would be fine on nukes but everyone else would be hurting without BST + GEO(nerfed) if they got very aggressive.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-23 11:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He has me blocked because he got fed up of me calling out his ***, like I'm about to do once again.

Heres a couple reasons why "I cant cancel my accounts, because that threatens my income" is ***:

1-If all his clients cancel their FFXI accounts in protest, they're not buying his gil, which threatens his income.

2-If SE pulls the plug on FFXI because of a dwindling playerbase, theres no one left to buy his gil, which threatens his income.

3-As Shichishito said above, the big boy RMT's would have mountains of gil stockpiled instead of living month to month on sales. He could could deactivate a most/all of their farmer accounts and leave the banks active. But he wont, because he doesnt want to get his hands dirty if SE shuts down the servers because of a dwindling playerbase. "It wasnt my fault, I supported SE and FFXI, here are my receipts" he would say. But if there is change, he gets to pat himself on the back as the leader of the revolution.

It has nothing to do with "it threatens my income", its a lazy *** excuse. It has to do with his own addictions.

4-He's addicted to selling gil. Its probably stressful as *** micro-managing 1000 accounts. He doesnt want to be RMT anymore, but he cant walk away from it no matter how bad it is. He needs SE to pull the plug for him. Every "just making themselves (more) depressed", every "sunk cost and addiction", every "you play 11 because you're a masochist" and anything similar isnt directed at other people, he's talking to himself. The only way he stops is if the game dies, which is why he's telling others to deactivate in protest instead of doing it himself with his "not-insignificant number of subs".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-09-23 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE, specifically Naoki Yoshida has been severely hurting SE's MMO CBUIII with these 8-12 month in between patches for FFXIV, and now by having Fujito running FFXI.

If you are going to *** about ***at least get stuff right.

There are 8 months between a .0 and .2, 0.2 to 0.4 and then 0.4 to .0 is a bit longer since its the start of a new expansion. However between those is also .1, .3, .5 which are all major patches and also .X1, .X5, .X8 for smaller patches.

For example we had 6.38(PVP stuff) in April, 6.4(MSQ, New raid tier and lots of other stuff) in May, 6.45(lots of stuff) in July 6.48(PVP stuff) in Aug and then 6.5(New alliance raid, MSQ and various other stuff) in October. The last lot of MSQ will be out in 6.55 which should be Feb next and then expansion some time around July.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2023-09-23 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
>What happened to pick up groups?
Pugs is dead and you bishes killed it.
Making a new account this late into the game is incredibly daunting. If you aren't willing to be some schmuck's bish you aren't going to get anywhere. If you show up decked out, they assume you cheated and don't want to risk getting banned to play with you.
Chronically the problem is not enough people want to or enjoy playing the support type jobs. That's why people made dual boxes. Like Abyssea days? Nin/war and Brd/blm to cover all of your procs. There are still many aspects of the game like that, but if you go that route people will not want to play with you. Again, they'll accuse you of cheating.
>Oh you just spent the past year grinding up solo on some dead server like Phoenix? Must've been RMT.
The problem isn't the content. It's the facade of exclusivity of the upper eschelons of the playerbase. The people that think they're better than you. Then they wonder why they have a hard time recruiting new players or why members would get what they want and just leave.
I think most the people still playing are die hard's that pay to run 6 accounts or more that they inherited from old friends who quit or bought the accounts, who don't associate with anybody unless for gil. I think the reason there are no shouts is SE designed the ML exp system to be like it was back in the day when the game was in it's prime but the problem is all the players left, so you don't have a wide range of single players trying to exp like you used too just 1 dude with multiple accounts. The few people who don't multibox are almost forced to pay the other players with 6 bots for a slot in their party to leech. Simply because there is noone to play with or anyone willing. So i partially agree with this statement "Pugs is dead and you bishes killed it." it wasn't just the players, though I put more of the blame on players justifying it with the "IDGAF anymore cuz im old" attitude and being willing to use bots in the 1st place , but also SE themselves for just copying and pasting an old system that people have been exploiting for years and not respecting people's time. Anyways it is what it is, and its not gonna change so whatever to each thier own.
By publix 2023-09-23 15:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
If you are going to *** about ***at least get stuff right.

There are 8 months between a .0 and .2, 0.2 to 0.4 and then 0.4 to .0 is a bit longer since its the start of a new expansion. However between those is also .1, .3, .5 which are all major patches and also .X1, .X5, .X8 for smaller patches.

For example we had 6.38(PVP stuff) in April, 6.4(MSQ, New raid tier and lots of other stuff) in May, 6.45(lots of stuff) in July 6.48(PVP stuff) in Aug and then 6.5(New alliance raid, MSQ and various other stuff) in October. The last lot of MSQ will be out in 6.55 which should be Feb next and then expansion some time around July.

My apologies if my stating that the same raid tier and ilevel for 8-12 months, every tier this expansion was triggering for you. That was not my intention.

The point is, every .1, .2, .99999 patch that SE drops that doesn't change the item level for gear, is just filler and catch up gear for the same content, same hp, dps, and same cap overall.

I can see you do not like others calling out the Director of CBU3 who prefers to play Legend of Zelda on a planned FFXIV Letter From the Director Live Stream vs preparing for a multinational address to his consumers, but it is nonetheless the truth.

I'm a 1.0 September 2010 pre-order consumer of FFXIV and played all of 1.0 through EW. I adore FFXIV as much as I do FFXI, however seeing SE take the same amount of time now to push content, as they did in 2020 during the international COVID-19 pandemic/shutdowns is inexcusable and this lethargic behavior and neglect of their player base should not be ignored.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11