What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By Afania 2022-06-04 04:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm curious about whether Anguta is a bit underrated these days in a post-Sakpata/Schere world

It totally is IMO.

I did a bit of weapon combo comparison a while ago using Baniak's spreadsheet and generic sets posted on forums. Based on the attack capped results I'd say if you are an endgame player with a LS or static clearing everything, but you only gear up DRK for fun, Anguta really has the best return of investment. Even at r0 it's extremely strong, with warcry is right behind calad and liberator with AM3. It's a weapon that's easy to obtain and gets the most out of warcry.

Redemption with AM3 and cross reaper WS at 2000-2500+ is close to calad too, but quickly falls behind anguta with warcry up if you have to WS at 1750 TP instead. On the other hand anguta gets so much stronger with warcry.

That being said, I couldn't find a good redemption AM3 set tweaked specifically for this weapon on forums, and I'm too lazy to find one only for theory craft purpose, so it's possible that redemption could be even better with some Am3 set tweaks.

Without warcry, Anguta R15 seems to beat lib am3, but r0 lose to lib. It's still top there though.

None of the not-calad/not-raetic GS performs well from what I've seen. Montate R15 is supposed to be one of the best none-rema GS that isn't raetic, and it even loses to Dolichenus/Sangarius r15 combo without warcry.

Posting results here for your reference:
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2022-06-04 07:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only 1 thing I request from SE when adding the prime weapons.

Please for the love of God... Add SCH to the Claustrum. If its dark relics then at least let us merge old relics to create new ones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-06-04 09:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm curious about whether Anguta is a bit underrated these days in a post-Sakpata/Schere world

It totally is IMO.

I did a bit of weapon combo comparison a while ago using Baniak's spreadsheet and generic sets posted on forums. Based on the attack capped results I'd say if you are an endgame player with a LS or static clearing everything, but you only gear up DRK for fun, Anguta really has the best return of investment. Even at r0 it's extremely strong, with warcry is right behind calad and liberator with AM3. It's a weapon that's easy to obtain and gets the most out of warcry.

Redemption with AM3 and cross reaper WS at 2000-2500+ is close to calad too, but quickly falls behind anguta with warcry up if you have to WS at 1750 TP instead. On the other hand anguta gets so much stronger with warcry.

That being said, I couldn't find a good redemption AM3 set tweaked specifically for this weapon on forums, and I'm too lazy to find one only for theory craft purpose, so it's possible that redemption could be even better with some Am3 set tweaks.

Without warcry, Anguta R15 seems to beat lib am3, but r0 lose to lib. It's still top there though.

None of the not-calad/not-raetic GS performs well from what I've seen. Montate R15 is supposed to be one of the best none-rema GS that isn't raetic, and it even loses to Dolichenus/Sangarius r15 combo without warcry.

Posting results here for your reference:
So im gonna assume all the numbers are before lib and cala have r15 or any rank right? Also when you say close you mean just in ws avg damage right?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-06-04 10:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff that makes sense. Like someone else said, mage weapons that aren’t a cookie cutter melee weapon given to a mage, like the BLM staff having an AM with 1MP cost, or occasionally double cast the spell, with no MP cost and no dmg nerf. Or all the weapons giving us the ability to break the 99,999 damage cap
By Afania 2022-06-04 10:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
So im gonna assume all the numbers are before lib and cala have r15 or any rank right? Also when you say close you mean just in ws avg damage right?

I should* picked "Caladbolg-121A" "Liberator 121-A" options when I run through all of them. So yes, they are supposed to be R15 versions.

That being said, there is always a possibility that I actually picked the wrong option as I run through dozens of sets, or a forumla *** up somewhere causing discrepancy. It's simply a theory crafted number from a human, so feel free to correct any of these if there is an error somewhere.

The results that I'm getting isn't too different from people's testimonials on forums anyways. R15 Calad, lib and redemption etc are all top tier like people claimed.

"Close" is obviously my subjective opinion on what "5%-11% behind" means to me. If an R15 empy does X amount of DPS and a free r0 is 5%-11% behind depending on buffs, then it's "close" to me.

But to some people that's probably not "close" because everyone has different standards. Hence I included the actual result number and you are free to have different opinions on the weapons :p.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2022-06-04 10:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would like to see them make a single weapon for every job that is borderline broken. But make it that you can only have a single prime weapon making you have to think and choose.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-04 10:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Personally I would like to see them make a single weapon for every job that is borderline broken. But make it that you can only have a single prime weapon making you have to think and choose.

That just means they should only make one weapon and not even bother with the rest. First moron will declare the best and everyone will get it. The few people that don't may as well quit after.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-04 15:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Make an exclusive permanent choice in a game with 22 jobs as a way to make us have even more alts. Maybe we can starting calling our different characters toons while were at it and pay to get them level boosted.

Balance in FFXI is achieved by making everyone a little broken or as many jobs as possible.
By Hopalong 2022-06-04 17:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That just means they should only make one weapon and not even bother with the rest. First moron will declare the best and everyone will get it. The few people that don't may as well quit after.

I agree with this, personally I don't even think we need prime weapons given what is it like 5 or 6 "ultimate weapons" per job. Should have done something else with their time.
By Ultimaetus 2022-06-06 17:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see largely utility purposes for them. Increasing direct damage throughput feels unnecessary.
[+]
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Server: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2022-06-06 19:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be interesting to have ultimate weapons that function as all damage types, or maybe a different class of damage type that is less susceptible to resistances.

They don't have to be overly powerful, but just unique in this regard. For example, the new MNK ultimate H2H is not blunt damage only, but also has piercing and slashing properties as well, maybe slightly less potent or something.

This would potentially allow diverse jobs to be "acceptable" in Shaol-C for instance. This also might allow different meta builds for some of the Shaol bosses. Just trying to be creative here!
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-06-06 23:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »
I think it would be interesting to have ultimate weapons that function as all damage types, or maybe a different class of damage type that is less susceptible to resistances.

They don't have to be overly powerful, but just unique in this regard. For example, the new MNK ultimate H2H is not blunt damage only, but also has piercing and slashing properties as well, maybe slightly less potent or something.

This would potentially allow diverse jobs to be "acceptable" in Shaol-C for instance. This also might allow different meta builds for some of the Shaol bosses. Just trying to be creative here!

Loved Birdbanes back in the day. It would be nice to have something akin to it in the future.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-06 23:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »

If it applied to WS these Weapons could be really good o.o
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-06 23:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

MASSACRE ELEGY.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-06 23:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
MASSACRE ELEGY.
100% slow+ rdm slow 2+ geo slow. Damn mob would never attack
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-07 01:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
geo regain bubble :)

Indi-Regain or GTFO though. No Luopon for running around getting TP ;)

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
MASSACRE ELEGY.

JUBAKU: NI

Weeew said: »
Mages definately need some love this round of weapons... Would love to see crit damage II modifiers on a BLM staff and on empyrean +3 to make the Sroda Tathlum more impactful.

Ranger's first +269 skill axe?

I was kinda hoping they'd go for:

(you majestic troll)
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-06-07 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
I bet they ninja nerf naegling... something like halve the contribution of buffs.
no but its already slowly getting nerfed, it would be only good for A skill jobs pretty much in 1 or 3 mastery patches' obviously when they add new high evasions mobs
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-06-07 09:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD instrument with Rainbow Carol

GEO bell with Indi-STP or Indi-Inhibit TP/Plague

COR gun that gives a third roll? Or is that too much?
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-06-07 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

PDL +25% for the DDs, new spells for the casters.

Or a Primeval Brew enchantment once every 72 hours. *** it. Who cares?
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-06-07 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see these weapons augment existing JAs with little utility into doing something useful.

At this point in the game I'm attracted to items that offer something new outside of slightly pushed higher damage, defense, etc.

For example: I think Yagrush is hands down one of the best items in the entire game. It completely changes the dynamic of whm by augmenting an existing JT.

Example:
Totally spit-balling here, but like offer a dagger to thf that augments both collaborator and hide. Pushes collaborator hate steal to 100% and allows hide to shed 100% of hate. This could make things easier on your tank to hold hate and let your top dd go hog wild in zerg.

We have so many abilities without much usage, let's revisit them in explosive ways.

"More rawr" just doesn't seem very exciting to me.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-06-07 09:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A ninja weapon that maybe just finally grants us Jubaku Ni?!?! Even if it’s not learnable, just give us the damn spell after all these years!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-07 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll give you Jubaku: San, but still not Ni.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-07 11:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
On the other hand, "JA swap piece" is even less exciting for an Ultimate weapon, IMHO. Yagrush only works because you can use -na spells a lot more often than you can JAs, and WHMs don't get benefit from offensive stats anyway so it's basically the only REMA that is actually useful to them.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-06-07 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
BRD instrument with Rainbow Carol

GEO bell with Indi-STP or Indi-Inhibit TP/Plague

COR gun that gives a third roll? Or is that too much?

Massacre Elegy please and Thank you!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-07 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh if these just turn out to be a full set of the Marble Rank 1 weapons, though some of them are amazing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-07 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Jubaku Ni

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Massacre Elegy

It has always baffled me how SE gave NMs far lower than level 75 access to spells that players still can't achieve at 99. For example, Simurgh has Massacre Elegy and he's technically level ~60.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-07 11:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I'd laugh if these just turn out to be a full set of the Marble Rank 1 weapons, though some of them are amazing.

You're far from the 1st person to suggest that may be the route SE goes with Prime Weapons, but I just don't see it. First and foremost, I seriously doubt they'd release a line of weapons where a job like RDM could feasibly get what- Four!?- of them but traditional DDs at best get two? Not to mention the wildly varying quality of them.

Sure, that's always going to be the case with any line of weapons/gear in a game (some are gonna be amazing, some are going to end up duds), but those Bonanza Weapons don't seek balance or equity, they seek to do strangely unique things without regard to what Vana'diel would look like with hundreds of those weapons running around. And rightfully so as long as they stay Bonanza rewards.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-07 12:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the weapon damage/stats/abilities scale with mastery rank

Do it
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-06-07 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
On the other hand, "JA swap piece" is even less exciting for an Ultimate weapon, IMHO. Yagrush only works because you can use -na spells a lot more often than you can JAs, and WHMs don't get benefit from offensive stats anyway so it's basically the only REMA that is actually useful to them.

Agreed. The wep would need to have its own dd capabilities as well otherwise it'd be moot and more of an annoyance otherwise. DDs aren't bards.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-07 13:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

You're far from the 1st person to suggest that may be the route SE goes with Prime Weapons, but I just don't see it. First and foremost, I seriously doubt they'd release a line of weapons where a job like RDM could feasibly get what- Four!?- of them but traditional DDs at best get two? Not to mention the wildly varying quality of them.

Sure, that's always going to be the case with any line of weapons/gear in a game (some are gonna be amazing, some are going to end up duds), but those Bonanza Weapons don't seek balance or equity, they seek to do strangely unique things without regard to what Vana'diel would look like with hundreds of those weapons running around. And rightfully so as long as they stay Bonanza rewards.
Couple good points, I had forgotten about.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14